Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is Suicide Haram, Different Situations?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I have a friend with the whole life was one difficulty after difficulty. First he lost his father's primary school age, after his father died, his younger brother die in cancer, and after that his second brother was killed, after that, his girlfriend died in a car accident, and even then his closest human cousin died. It was too much and my friend ended up suicide.

I need to Islamic view from this... Is it fair that he would go in eternal hell? from this?

Edited by beetleking

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Everyone struggles, and Allaah does not burden someone beyond his scope, as can be seen in the Qur'an 2:286 "Allaah does not impose upon any soul a duty but to the extent of its ability; for it is (the benefit of) what it has earned and upon it (the evil of) what it has wrought."

There are people all over the world that have similar burdens and worse who do not take their own lives. What your friend did was a sin and you have to accept that.. even "good people" can go to hell. Leave it to Allaah because He is most just and will judge your friend according to what is the best.