Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
cutie.me

Hijab

Rate this topic

Can I wear Hijab only when I want and remove it whenever I don't want?

Please sisters help me out

Because at times removing Hijab is the only option I am left with

So is it ok?

(salam),

Ofcourse it's not ok. To observe hijab in front of non-mahram is an obligation.

Can you please state what sort of 'times' you feel that removing hijab is the only option?

Bibi Fatema-tuz-Zahra ASWS said:

Jis tarah moti kay liye sadaf aur jawahiraat kay liye sandooq zaruri hey, isi tarah aurat kay liye perda zaruri hey.

----------------------------------------------------

Ayatullah Khomeni RA said:

1) Bay-perda aurat shaytan ki payrukar hey.

2) Aurat ki bay-perdagi mard ki baygayrati ki alamat hey.

Like there are presentations in college where I have to wear formals only. And due to burka people in my class hesitate to take me in their groups for presentations. So they usually try to avoid me coz I am the only girl in class who wears burkha

So can I remove them during class presentations. I stay in non muslim country and I go to co-ed college

Jis tarah moti kay liye sadaf aur jawahiraat kay liye sandooq zaruri hey, isi tarah aurat kay liye perda zaruri hey.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Friend, could you translate those quotations into English?

You may not even understand what trauma I go through during presentations. People here are extreme discriminators and teachers also do no wait to attack on burkha.

I tried wearin formals with scarfs on but things did not change in anyway.

And I am scared I may start losing marks for this and I need to complete my graduation.

Friend, could you translate those quotations into English?

Bibi Fatima az-Zahra said:

Hijab is necessary for women just in the same way as a shell for pearl and a box for jewelery is necessary [for their protection].

-------------------

Ayatullah Khomeini said:

1) Hijabless woman is a follower of Satan.

2) Hijablessness of a woman is the sign of the absence of a man's honour.

Bibi Fatima az-Zahra said:

Hijab is necessary for women just in the same way as a shell for pearl and a box for jewelery is necessary [for their protection].

-------------------

Ayatullah Khomeini said:

1) Hijabless woman is a follower of Satan.

2) Hijablessness of a woman is the sign of the absence of a man's honour.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Thank you for the translation, Marbles. shukran

You may not even understand what trauma I go through during presentations. People here are extreme discriminators and teachers also do no wait to attack on burkha.

I tried wearin formals with scarfs on but things did not change in anyway.

And I am scared I may start losing marks for this and I need to complete my graduation.

I see the problem here is more about self esteem than hijab itself.

Burqa is not wajib. You can wear something nice and formal while observing hijab, without the need to cover your face. People are impressed by a confident well offered presentation, it sounds that you are scared of the presentation itself no the hijaab, that's just an excuse. When you prepared well your material for the presentation, practised delivering it out loud, and you memorised what needs to be all you need is to chin up, have strong self esteem, reasonable tone of voice and give your presentation thinking about the material you're presentation rather than the clothe you're wearing. When others will see your presentation capacity, they will know you're skilled and they will want you in their group, trust me people want in their group the smart, confident, punctual team player they don't care what you wear as long as you boost their average. If you think about what you're wearing, be it hijaab or anything else, you wont focus on what you're saying and you will lose marks because you're concentrating on the wrong thing.

Salaam,

Now this is what I have been wanting to ask for a long long time..

I've worn a headscarf and monto since the age of 8 and a half, Alhamdolillah! However, when I reached college, I had to wear the niqaab while on my way to college but had to unveil my face once in college..The reason majorly being I feel suffocated after some time of veiling and that none of my classmates, except the Ahle Hadith girls, covered their face...

So I asked Ayatollah Sistani if that was okay and did get an answer but I don't know much Farsi, so can anyone please translate it for me? (I need an e mail id to send that attachment) What is the opinion of my sisters here, is it okay to cover or uncover the face as the situation demands??

Khuda Hafiz

Salaam,

Now this is what I have been wanting to ask for a long long time..

I've worn a headscarf and monto since the age of 8 and a half, Alhamdolillah! However, when I reached college, I had to wear the niqaab while on my way to college but had to unveil my face once in college..The reason majorly being I feel suffocated after some time of veiling and that none of my classmates, except the Ahle Hadith girls, covered their face...

So I asked Ayatollah Sistani if that was okay and did get an answer but I don't know much Farsi, so can anyone please translate it for me? (I need an e mail id to send that attachment) What is the opinion of my sisters here, is it okay to cover or uncover the face as the situation demands??

Khuda Hafiz

Sister, according to Ayt Sistani as well as most scholars, covering the face is NOT wajib. You can check it on his website, in his rissalah riqh book (available online in English), ask any of his representative, all his sources say it is not wajib so don't worry you can remove the facial veil at your convenience.