Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Al-Batool

Am I Missing Something?!

Rate this topic

salam alikom brothers and sisters,

I'm your sister from SA..

please excuse me for my ignorance as I have no one to answer my questions.

see, I'm a lover of ahl albayet, I follow all ahl albayet Imams .. I never limit myself

but the thing is I don't know if I believe in Imam AlMahdi son of Imam AlHassan or not, I wasn't raised believing in him, I rather had the sunni view of Imam AlMahdi ...

every time I discus Imam AlMahdi with a 12er I sense a great confidence in their belief ! .. which made me confused of who's Imam AlMahdi

Now, for me it doesn't really matter, I know Imam AlMahdi will be a follower of ahl albayet .. so whether he's the sunni version or the shiaa version .. when he appears true believers won't really care ..

but my only concern is that by not believing in him I might be missing something huge !

I see shiaa talk to Imam AlMahdi, I read some stories in this forum as well for people who met him .. but i can never be sure of these stories

did any of you ever spoke with Imam AlMahdi, i mean like Imam AlMahdi replied to him?? or will I just keep reading these stories for people I don't know?

because if this is true, I truly don't wanna miss it

Edited by Al-Batool

(salam)

I have never spoken to Imam Al Mahdi(aj). I just don’t think I am that special.

If an extremely religious and pious person says, he met the Imam (usually in dreams), then I believe him. I have no reason to doubt an honest and a sincere person.

I learned about Sunnis belief of the Imam Mahdi from one of my closest Sunni friends (she was Arabic). She was a hardcore Sunni (not a wahhabi).

One day she told me about Imam Al Mahdi. She showed me the book she was reading. It was Sign of the Judgment day by Ibn Kathir. She said I should read the book. So I did. I think this was my best experience with my Sunni friend. I was really happy to finally found something that we both agree on.

I still remember my question to her. I asked her “If she believes that the Imam Al Mahdi is already born and alive.” She said he is not yet born. I think I asked her to describe the Imam’s childhood. She said he would have a normal childhood like the rest of us. For my every questions, she had her own explanation, some backed by hadiths, others conjecture.

I think, only you can convince yourself which version is truer. All you need to do is be honest, be consistence and don’t let your emotion do the thinking for you.

salam alikom brothers and sisters,

but the thing is I don't know if I believe in Imam AlMahdi son of Imam AlHassan or not, I wasn't raised believing in him, I rather had the sunni view of Imam AlMahdi ...

every time I discus Imam AlMahdi with a 12er I sense a great confidence in their belief ! .. which made me confused of who's Imam AlMahdi

As I posted this elsewhere:

Belief in Al-Mahdi (as) is one of the few

things that Shi'a and Sunnis agree upon

and we should follow him regardless of

what he tells us.

The Prophet (pbuh) left us with an authentic ahadith which states:

"He who dies without recognizing the Imaam of his epoch -dies the death of (as one in the epoch) Jahiliyyah."

--

As per the minor issues of contention:

Some sunnis allege that wrongfully

that Al-Mahdi (as) will be Muhammad ibn Abdullah

some amongst sunnis are adamant

that he will be Hasani.

Never the less, there is consensus in both sects that Al-Mahdi (as) will be of the descendants of Fatimah (as)

And shi'as are more aware of the lineage of the holy Prophet (pbuh) then they are of their own.

Shi'a say he will be Muhammad ibn Al-Hasan (Askari),

And we say with certainty that he will be Husayni.

Here it is clear who is in right and who isn't because

during the period of Imaam Ja'far As-Saadiq (as)

There was a man called Muhammad ibn Abdullah

ibn Hassan Al-Muthanna, he was known as nafs-

Az-Zakiyah amongst the sunni orientalists and

he lead a revolt against the Abbasid dynasty and

was martyred.

His father Abudullah claimed than his son was Al-Mahdi

The propaganda ahadith which was spread about him

lead to him being gave stregnth to this theory as his name

was ironically the same as Al-Mustafah (pbuh)

As the propaganda spread and became prevalent it was

taken up perhaps innocently by Ahlus-sunnah traditionists

who may have been affectionate to the suffering and plight

of the Family of the Prophet (pbuh) after him.

(Such is the case with the scholar Fakhrudin Ar-Razi)

Now, the Prophet (pbuh) told us that there will be 12 Khalifahs/ Amirs.

[sahih Bukhari]

Think about it.

Was-Salaam

Maula Jafar-e-Sadiq ASWS said:

Jo shakhs marafat kay bagair ibadat kerta hey, wo jis qadar ibadat kerta hey, itna hi Haq se door ho jata hey.

----------------------------------------------------

Maula Jafar-e-Sadiq ASWS said:

Whoever do ibadat without Marafat, how much he/she do ibadat, will further take away from Haq.

----------------------------------------------------

Uprising of Maula

http://dlserver.yasinmedia.com/v87/English_Page/books_en_html/books/An%20Overview%20of%20the%20Mahdis%20Government/2.htm#_Toc172189740

Meeting with Maula Imam-e-Zamana ASWS AJTFS

http://www.imamreza.net/eng/imamreza.php?id=3869

I would like to add more sister,

as per shia belief in order for the earth to exist their has to be a godly appointed person on earth. And as soon he dies the earth would cease to exist. I personally will never believe if someone says he has seen the imam. There are numerous traditions that state that even if Imam will come before you you will never be able to recognize him. He will only be recognized when he announces his Imamat. If someone very pious like a well known and respected mujtahid says he is in communication with or getting advices from the Imam than that is a different issue.

a point to ponder upon for you to decide what to beleive.

thanks

thank you brothers and sister I appreciate your honest answers,

thanks Zareen, ALi the lion and "your best friend"

Watch this, its an excellent movie. You truly wont regret it:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_zTHefv17N0

thank you brother, I did watch it ... it was really beautiful

As I posted this elsewhere:

The Prophet (pbuh) left us with an authentic ahadith which states:

"He who dies without recognizing the Imaam of his epoch -dies the death of (as one in the epoch) Jahiliyyah."

(...)

Here it is clear who is in right and who isn't because

during the period of Imaam Ja'far As-Saadiq (as)

There was a man called Muhammad ibn Abdullah

ibn Hassan Al-Muthanna, he was known as nafs-

Az-Zakiyah amongst the sunni orientalists and

he lead a revolt against the Abbasid dynasty and

was martyred.

His father Abudullah claimed than his son was Al-Mahdi

The propaganda ahadith which was spread about him

lead to him being gave stregnth to this theory as his name

was ironically the same as Al-Mustafah (pbuh)

As the propaganda spread and became prevalent it was

taken up perhaps innocently by Ahlus-sunnah traditionists

who may have been affectionate to the suffering and plight

of the Family of the Prophet (pbuh) after him.

(Such is the case with the scholar Fakhrudin Ar-Razi)

Now, the Prophet (pbuh) told us that there will be 12 Khalifahs/ Amirs.

[sahih Bukhari]

Think about it.

Was-Salaam

salam alikom brothe, thanks for your respons

ok I do believe in the hadith of the Imam, however it doesn't tell anything about imam almahdi.. the Imam of the Zaman can be someone like Imam AlKhomainy

and by the way the story you said about Imam Muhammed ben Abdullah Alnafs Alzakya is completely wrong!!!!

his father used to be called Abdullah AlKamel .. which means Abdullah the Perfect ! .. . he was a great man, how come you say that he claimed that his son is Imam AlMahdi???

let me tell you the correct story, it's people who called Imam Muhammed by AlMahdi and not his father! .. at the time of alnafs alzakya.. things were already bad in the world and people were already waiting for Imam AlMahdi .. they thought he'll be the one, but he and all his family completely denied it !!!! .. read history bro, and don't read it only from your books, coz we know that there are some 12ers who hate Imam AlHassan's sons !!

but be careful not to judge or accuse !

peace

salam alikom brothe, thanks for your respons

ok I do believe in the hadith of the Imam, however it doesn't tell anything about imam almahdi.. the Imam of the Zaman can be someone like Imam AlKhomainy

"Imaam" Khomeini (Rah) is not a divine Imaam, he is an Ayatullah.

Imaam Al-Mahdi (as) is a divine Imaam who RasulAllah (pbuh) told us about.

His name and his kunya will be the same as Al-Mustafah (pbuh)

Abul Qasim Muhammad. He is the 12th amir/ Khalifa/ Imaam.

and by the way the story you said about Imam Muhammed ben Abdullah Alnafs Alzakya is completely wrong!!!!

his father used to be called Abdullah AlKamel .. which means Abdullah the Perfect ! .. . he was a great man, how come you say that he claimed that his son is Imam AlMahdi???

let me tell you the correct story, it's people who called Imam Muhammed by AlMahdi and not his father! .. at the time of alnafs alzakya.. things were already bad in the world and people were already waiting for Imam AlMahdi .. they thought he'll be the one, but he and all his family completely denied it !!!! .. read history bro, and don't read it only from your books, coz we know that there are some 12ers who hate Imam AlHassan's sons !!

but be careful not to judge or accuse !

peace

Dear sister, with respect, there are descendents of Imaam Al-Hasan (as) who were pious and good people,

(Allah (SWT) forgive me) if I say anything wrongly about the man while it is untrue, I just know what I have read in traditions,

but THE FACT IS there were equally the same amount both Hasani and Husayni who were impious and even jealous

of the lofty station of the A'immah. That is why we even get Isma'ilis, they were following the Husayni line but they felt that any

Syed has the right to be the Imaam without any question of taqwa. Don't approach it with emotion, but with careful study,

I myself was a member of Ahlus-Sunnah-wal-Jamaa'ah.

Was-Salaam

Edited by JawzofDETH

(bismillah)

If you believe in the wilayah of the Imams (as), then you believe in the living existence of our current Imam (ajfs), the 12th and final Imam. His birth and occultation has been reliably narrated to us from the Imams (as) in great number. The 12th Imam = Imam al-Mahdi (ajfs)

(salam)

(salam)

No. It can't be. The Imam Al Mahdi(aj) is already born. He is the Son of Imam Hassan(as) Askari.

They have been many incidents in history where people have come and claim themselves as the Mahdi. But they were liars.

See Batool, you will never be confused if you know who the Imam Al Mahdi (aj) is. People are only confused if they are unaware of the identity of the Imam.

I gave you an example of my Sunni friend. She believes he is yet to be born. She doesn't know who his parents are. And guess what, if tomorrow someone comes and claim he is the Mahdi, she will fall for it. And so will the rest of the people who disbelieve in the existence of the Imam (aj).

Sis Zareen shouldn't you also outline the fact that if the Imam was not living on this earth, the earth would cease to exist (such as what ali the lion said).

Perhaps someone can add a few hadeeths relating to this? It'll help clear up a few misconceptions :)