Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
B.U.L.B

[merged] Sheikh Mansour Deportation

For those who attended tonights lecture rumour has it that the sheikh announced that he has almost been given marching orders to leave.

Can anyone confirm this?

Sallams,

Sheikh confirmed that the judicial avenue is finally over. What is left is for the federal minister for immigration to exercise his executive right to refute the case/allegations from ASIO. The board at IHIC are working on a submission to meet with the minister. Theoretically, sheikh can receive a letter anytime now asking him to leave (usually with 21 days notice).

I suggest we endeavor to do the following for the time being:

a) Do dua for sheikh

B) Keep informed on the subject (i.e. keep an eye on ihic website/communications - www.ihic.org.au they also have a fan page on facebook)

c) Make those in the wider community aware of the situation

This has been going on for 15 years - insh'Allah it takes another 15 years for the letter to arrive.

Also watch this space for any new developments...

Fi'aman'Allah

Salams,

Email from IHIC this afternoon:

We are inviting everyone to an urgent Prayer for the quick reappearance and the well being of our Present Imam (a.f) and to meeting regarding Sheikh Mansour’s Visa Application.

We have been informed yesterday that the tribunal has repealed his application for permanent residency due to the failure to meet the national security criteria!

There are no more legal avenues.

Come to find out what you can do.

With prayers at 8:03pm

For the quick reappearance of Imam al Hojjah (a.f) please recite salawat

Salams,

Email from IHIC this afternoon:

We are inviting everyone to an urgent Prayer for the quick reappearance and the well being of our Present Imam (a.f) and to meeting regarding Sheikh Mansour’s Visa Application.

We have been informed yesterday that the tribunal has repealed his application for permanent residency due to the failure to meet the national security criteria!

There are no more legal avenues.

Come to find out what you can do.

With prayers at 8:03pm

(bismillah)

(salam)

Çááåã Õá Úáì ãÍãÏ æÇá ãÍãÏ

O Allah, bless Muhammad and Ale-Muhammad

Salams,

Another email from IHIC after tonight's session:

Salamun Alaykum Dear Brothers and Sisters

The Imam Husain Islamic Centre has been inundated with queries in relation to Sheikh Mansour’s case and how they can help i.e. protest, letter of support, etc.

The best way to show your support at this time is to write a letter to the Minister of Immigration, Chris Evans and your local Federal Member and Local State Member.

The community has also been asking as to what content should be expressed in any such letters.

Please find below a brief list of points you may like to consider.

Points to consider in reference to Dr Mansour Leghaei

Ø Your letter should be of a professional standard i.e. top right hand side of the letter should have your personal details; name, address phone number. The top left hand side should consist of the details to whom the letter will be sent, i.e. Minister of Immigration Chris Evans, local federal and local state member.

Ø If you are sending this letter to more than one person then remember to state at the bottom of your letter who the other people are that you have CC’d the letter to.

Ø It is a good idea to introduce yourself, including family position, qualifications etc and period of time you have known Dr Mansour Leghaei.

Ø Letters should be brief and to the point. They should be divided and reflect on the person’s own life experiences, and any changes that have occurred in one’s life.

Ø You may choose to discuss any particular personal issue of reference to Dr Leghaei in his capacity as a friend, colleague, brother, father figure, community leader, etc. And if he has been of any assistance to you in any way, shape or form.

Ø How his deportation may affect you. The effect on your life, your social interaction and any guidance he has provided you. These can be classified as:

1. On you personally (his value to you and your life).

2. On your family (family functions, counselling services, marriage services, youth counselling etc).

3. On the community at large (functions, BBQ’s and social gatherings).

4. Bridging the gap between Islamic and non Islamic communities.

5. Encouragement for the integration and involvement with the greater Australian society.

6. Whether you feel Dr Mansour Leghaei has been given a fair go.

Ø All letters should be signed and dated.

Ø A hard copy of Any letters written should be forwarded to the Imam Husain Islamic Centre no later than 8:00pm Monday 22 February 2010.

May Allah reward your efforts and patience.

Dear Friends,

I have just read and signed the online petition:

"Save Sheikh Mansour from Deportation"

hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition service, at:

http://www.PetitionO...e.com/SaveShML/

I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider signing yourself.

Best wishes

STEPS TO DOING IT:

1.Write your name

2.2nd tab write your email

3.Click NO

4.And choose a privacy level

5.Then Preview and Approve

This Sheikh has been fighting approval to stay in Australia since 1996 and has now lost. Sign the petition to help him stay. He has done great work to the Muslim and Australian community. He has also improved the relation between the 2 communities. Help the brotherhood, like you would want to be helped.

Forward to all when done

I know you are all mostly from England but as i said this is brotherhood, help out please, he is a great Sheikh.

Edited by labaykah ya husayn

(salam)

Signed

I can't beleive what they have been putting Sheikh Mansour through, hes done nothing but good for everyone especially the Muslim community and has everyones support. Even Christian priests are joining behind him and are some of his biggest supporters against his deportation. We just have to pray that everything is resolved but the way it looks right now is not good.

So brothers and sisters please sign regardless to show your support to this great man who is facing injustice by the government.

wassalam

(salam)

Signed

I can't beleive what they have been putting Sheikh Mansour through, hes done nothing but good for everyone especially the Muslim community and has everyones support. Even Christian priests are joining behind him and are some of his biggest supporters against his deportation. We just have to pray that everything is resolved but the way it looks right now is not good.

So brothers and sisters please sign regardless to show your support to this great man who is facing injustice by the government.

wassalam

thanx so much

Got this message:

Salam Alaikum,

An urgent meeting is being held by the Al Walayah Drama group at the Imam Hussein Islamic Centre tomorrow evening at 7PM Sharp.

The meeting is for us to have an action plan in place in support of Sheikh Mansour Leghaei.

Please spread the word, to anyone who may be interested in attending

IHIC Address: 6 Lang RD, Earlwood

Your support is appreciated

Wsalam

An article that appeared in the Australian yesterday:

Iranian cleric, Mansour Leghaei, given 28 days to leave the country

February 22, 2010 12:00AM

MANSOUR Leghaei, the Iranian cleric twice declared a security threat by ASIO, has been given 28 days to leave the country after an immigration appeals tribunal rejected his final application to remain in Australia.

For more than a decade, Dr Leghaei has been contesting in the courts two adverse security assessments issued by ASIO, which it is understood believes the cleric is an Iranian operative. Dr Leghaei's battle to remain in Australia has won high-profile backing, with Attorney-General Robert McClelland writing two character references for the Sydney-based sheik, one of which challenged ASIO's findings.

But on Friday, the Migration Review Tribunal upheld a decision by the Immigration Department denying the sheik a residency visa.

As a result, the department has cancelled Dr Leghaei's bridging visa, giving him 28 days to leave.

A spokesman for Immigration Minister Chris Evans said ASIO had indicated it had no objection to Dr Leghaei remaining at large in the community while he finalised his affairs. "Dr Leghaei should now make arrangements to depart Australia. The department will seek to engage with Dr Leghaei in the coming weeks to facilitate his departure," he said.

The spokesman said the tribunal's decision also applied to Dr Leghaei's wife and one of his adult children, meaning their bridging visas would also be cancelled in 28 days.

At least one of Dr Leghaei's children was born in Australia.

During his hearing, the sheik argued little weight should be given to ASIO's assessment as the agency had refused to provide the reasons underpinning it.

But the tribunal ruled that, while sympathetic to Dr Leghaei's predicament, it lacked the authority to examine or overrule ASIO's judgment.

Mr McClelland wrote a reference for Dr Leghaei in 1997 while an opposition backbencher. He described the sheik as an asset to the Australian and Muslim communities.

"I was most surprised to learn that Sheik Leghaei's application had been rejected on the failure to satisfy part 4002 of Schedule 4 of the Migration Regulations, that is the public-interest criteria," Mr McClelland wrote.

But ASIO, which reports to Mr McClelland as Attorney-General, has taken a different view for more than a decade.

The Australian understands the agency still considers Dr Leghaei a security threat and has refused to undertake another assessment of him. Aside from his links with Iran, it is understood ASIO has concerns about Dr Leghaei's alleged knowledge of Ahlul Bait, a French terrorist organisation.

Dr Leghaei has repeatedly denied he has been a spy for Iran or is a threat to security. But his 1997 residency application was denied on public-interest grounds after ASIO found against him, and in 2002 the agency formally issued an adverse security assessment.

In 2004, a second adverse security assessment was handed down. Despite the concerns, Dr Leghaei has lived freely since arriving in Australia in 1994. At one point he did not even have a valid visa, meaning that in addition to being a security threat, he was living unlawfully in Australia.

Dr Leghaei could not be contacted for comment.

ASIO has concerns about Dr Leghaei's alleged knowledge of Ahlul Bait, a French terrorist organisation.

(bismillah)

(salam)

This is really depressing. I have never heard of such a group and why would they call themselves that name? Astaghfirullah.

One more way the enemies try to vilify the people who love the Holy Prophet SA and his Purified Progeny AS.

(bismillah)

(salam)

This is really depressing. I have never heard of such a group and why would they call themselves that name? Astaghfirullah.

One more way the enemies try to vilify the people who love the Holy Prophet SA and his Purified Progeny AS.

x2 may Allah help the sheikh inshallah

(bismillah)

(salam)

Sis ive never heard of them either and even searched but didnt find anything. I dont think any Shia organisation ("terrorist" or otherwise) would ever call themselves Ahlul-Bayt. It sounds pretty fishy if you ask me (and obviously Sheikh Mansour doesn't have connections with terrorists, especially in france?)

AND I just noticed: ASIO has concerns about Dr Leghaei's alleged knowledge of Ahlul Bait, a French terrorist organisation.

Alleged knowledge? What the hell is that? Can you be arrested for alleged knowledge of something? It doesn't even say alleged 'connections', just alleged 'knowlegde'. Ya Allah this is killing me! What's wrong with ASIO?

Edited by Ibn Abdullah

Sis ive never heard of them either and even searched but didnt find anything. I dont think any Shia organisation ("terrorist" or otherwise) would ever call themselves Ahlul-Bayt. It sounds pretty fishy if you ask me (and obviously Sheikh Mansour doesn't have connections with terrorists, especially in france?)

AND I just noticed: ASIO has concerns about Dr Leghaei's alleged knowledge of Ahlul Bait, a French terrorist organisation.

Alleged knowledge? What the hell is that? Can you be arrested for alleged knowledge of something? It doesn't even say alleged 'connections', just alleged 'knowlegde'. Ya Allah this is killing me! What's wrong with ASIO?

they are tryna find anyfing. are we sure that it isnt the actual ahlul bayt he knows about. but asio got it confused with a terrorist organisation, wth

they are tryna find anyfing. are we sure that it isnt the actual ahlul bayt he knows about. but asio got it confused with a terrorist organisation, wth

thats what i think hapened. personally coz I think theres no way any organisation would name themselves "Ahlul Bayt". These days anything slightly Arabic sounding = scary sounding. I bet if you asked people what "Ithna Ashariyya" is they would think its a terrorist organisation.

I heard they also tried to fabricate evidence against Sheikh Laghaei a few years ago but got busted? Seriously stuff like this pisses me off how can they just do this and get away with it. We still havn't seen one bit of evidence, Sheikh Mansours a great leader and inspiration for the community and yet he may not even have a month left in Australia. Wots going on in this world!? If he gets deported its gonna be a huge loss for our community.

thats what i think hapened. personally coz I think theres no way any organisation would name themselves "Ahlul Bayt". These days anything slightly Arabic sounding = scary sounding. I bet if you asked people what "Ithna Ashariyya" is they would think its a terrorist organisation.

I heard they also tried to fabricate evidence against Sheikh Laghaei a few years ago but got busted? Seriously stuff like this pisses me off how can they just do this and get away with it. We still havn't seen one bit of evidence, Sheikh Mansours a great leader and inspiration for the community and yet he may not even have a month left in Australia. Wots going on in this world!? If he gets deported its gonna be a huge loss for our community.

yh your right on that one. australia is so racist these days. "multicultural", pff

(salam)

For those of you who use facebook, please change your profile pics to the following in solidarity with Sheikh Mansour:

pm_sheikh_narrowweb__300x3690.jpg

(URL: http://sheikyermami.com/wp-content/uploads/pm_sheikh_narrowweb__300x3690.jpg)

Feel free to put a caption under it. My caption is:

Sheikh Mansour Leghaei - A teacher, friend, counsellor, gentleman, inspiration, guide and father figure to thousands who know him; a national security threat to the incompetent and brainless ASIO who don't know him and who refuse to provide reasons for their adverse security assessment of him.

Let justice prevail!

Edited by ~RuQaYaH~

This is horrible! Is there anything HE can do, or is it too late?

Just got back from overseas and dont know whats going on!! Can i have an update please...

from what i understand

the sheikh is battling a case from 1996(i think) for him to stay in australia. he has been denied recently and asio wont even give him a reason for it. just some cover up because many crhistians have converted from him, and that he is from Iran. may Allah be with him, and may he be granted permisssion to stay

Hmm well thats no reason to deport him!! Unless there is solid proof that he is a direct threat to the Australian community they can't do anything about it, but then again its ASIO...

What i don't understand is why he was denied permanent residency in the first place..

So sad insha'Allah Kheir

Salaams

Just an update on this guys. Yesterday (12/03/10) a submission to the Minister for Immigration was made. Insh'Allah kheir.

The last week we have seen a few articles also in the media, this is the latest one from The Australian

Muslim cleric hard to replace

This was the 6min segment shown on the ABC's Lateline program earlier this week

ABC - Lateline

Also this is the official Facebook page for Sheikh. The decision was made to create a FB page as there where numerous fan pages appearing that where not official and representative of Sheikh. To get the latest information become a fan.

Sheikh Mansour Leghaei

Fi'aman'Allah

Salaams

Just an update on this guys. Yesterday (12/03/10) a submission to the Minister for Immigration was made. Insh'Allah kheir.

The last week we have seen a few articles also in the media, this is the latest one from The Australian

Muslim cleric hard to replace

This was the 6min segment shown on the ABC's Lateline program earlier this week

ABC - Lateline

Also this is the official Facebook page for Sheikh. The decision was made to create a FB page as there where numerous fan pages appearing that where not official and representative of Sheikh. To get the latest information become a fan.

Sheikh Mansour Leghaei

Fi'aman'Allah

inshallah all goes well

Salam,

Here's an article and poll on Sheikh Mansour.......please visit the link and vote YES:

http://www.theleader.com.au/news/local/news/general/sheikh-fights-deportation-after-asio-concerns/1779371.aspx

wasalaam

(bismillah)

(salam)

RuQaYaH, thank you for the news article. What a nice photo of him and his family. Praying for them!

After I voted, it said 94 % he should be allowed to stay in Australia. 6 % voted no.

You cannot vote twice. I says: You have voted in this poll.

(bismillah)

(salam)

What a nice photo of him and his family, mashAllah. Praying for them!

725932.jpg

UPDATE

Sheik Mansour Leghaei has his bridging visa extended until May 17

03 May 10 @ 10:55am by BIANCA MARTINS

14234bca8a58835610a5d613ccb4c7cb_resized.jpg

SHEIK Mansour Leghaei, his wife Marzeih and their son Mohammad Ali will remain in Australia for another two weeks after Immigration Minister Senator Chris Evans granted each of them new bridging visas yesterday.

Dr Leghaei, who heads the Imam Husain Islamic Centre in Earlwood, met with immigration department officials, who told him the minister would make his final decision on Monday, May 17.

Dr Leghaei was set to be deported on Friday, March 19 after the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) security assessment suggested he may be an Iranian spy.

The migration review tribunal denied the family their residency visas on February 19.

source: http://express.whereilive.com.au/news/story/sheik-mansour-leghaei-has-his-bridging-visa-extended-until-may-17/

Edited by Hameedeh

(salam)

Hey brothers and sisters in Australia, breaking news:

Sheikh to be deported but wife and one child to stay RICK FENELEY

May 17, 2010 - 2:14PM

An Iranian sheikh has been given six weeks to leave Australia after the Immigration Minister refused to overrule an adverse security assessment by ASIO that suspects him of "acts of foreign interference".

Sheikh Mansour Leghaei, who has raised his family in Sydney since moving here in 1994, was told by immigration officials this morning that he had finally lost his 13-year legal battle to stay in Australia.

He had been hoping his bridging visa, last extended two weeks ago, would be renewed. Instead, he learnt that the minister, Chris Evans, would not intervene against ASIO.

However, Senator Evans has decided that Dr Leghaei's wife, Marzieh Tabatabaei Hosseini, and one of their four children, Mohammad Ali Leghaei, 20 – both of whom had also faced deportation – have been granted permanent residency.

It is believed that his wife may return to Iran with him, with their daughter, Fatima, 14, an Australian citizen who was born in Sydney.

ASIO has not told Dr Leghaei why it suspects him. As a non-citizen, he is not entitled to be told, the High Court has ruled.

"Many people have expressed their support for Dr Leghaei and I understand that my decision will disappoint his friends and members of his local community," Senator Evans said.

"The fact remains that he is the subject of an adverse security assessment."

In reaching the decision, Senator Evans said he acted in the national interest because Australia's national security must always be paramount.

"Mrs Hosseini will be able to remain in Australia with her children, three of whom are already Australian citizens," Senator Evans said.

Dr Leghaei has been granted a bridging visa to enable him to make arrangements to leave Australia.

Since first receiving an adverse security assessment in August 1997, Dr Leghaei has had hearings and matters before a range of bodies including the Immigration Review Tribunal, the Federal Court and the High Court.

"It has been drawn out by multiple appeal processes but I am satisfied that I have acted in the national interest in refusing to grant Dr Leghaei a permanent visa," Senator Evans said.

Dr Leghaei is regarded as a moderate Shiite and has lived in Australia for 16 years.

ASIO first contacted him in 1995, a short time after he had returned from a holiday in Iran.

When Dr Leghaei returned, he was carrying $10,000 in cash, reportedly a donation from the Islamic Propagation Centre in Tehran.

- with AAP

http://www.smh.com.a...00517-v80g.html

w/s

^Thank you for the article. To further update everyone on the situation, although the minister refused to intervene in Sheikh's case and gave him orders to leave, sheikh's situation has taken on a whole new dimension as his case has been brought to the attention of the United Nations. In fact, sheikh's case has made legal history as it's the first time that the UN has ordered a country to not deport a person in a non-execution case. Pretty awesome. Here's an article about Aus breaching the UN orders:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/deportation-of-sheikh-puts-australia-at-odds-with-the-un-20100517-v9gm.html

Now, here's everyone's chance to stand up against injustice and do their bit for sheikh. There's going to be a massive rally held next thursday to fight for human rights & prevent the deportation of Sheikh Mansour in CANBERRA! Meeting points around Sydney 6:30am thursday 3rd June to be there 4 parliamentary sitting - free return bus and food. SMS name, number, travel choice to 0424592718....wear white & sky blue. Here are the details:

In the name of Allah

Salamun Alaykum/Peace

An Invitation to All Concerned Australia Wide for a

“Peaceful Rally in Canberra”

In conjunction with the wider community our Community is organising a trip to Canberra to raise our voices against the Rudd Government's defiance of the United Nation interim measures against deporting Dr Sheikh Mansour Leghaei.

What can you do? JOIN US with your family and friends.

Where? A DAY TRIP TO CANBERRA-

When?THURSDAY 3rd JUNE

Time? (departure from Syd) 6.30am

Please Register your details ASAP through email: hassan.reda2@gmail.com

or call: Mobile: 0424 592 718

Deadline for Registration is 12:00pm Monday 31st May - we need you to register by this date to assist us with the planning and logistics. Transport will be provided for all. (If you miss the deadline we cannot guarantee a seat on the bus, you may need to find a ride) Be sure to provide the number of people who will be accompanying you.

Once you have confirmed your attendance we will advise you of your nearest pickup point.

- Interstate supporters are required to confirm by Friday 28 May to organise airline tickets.

Please check the website for updates on the Trip. If you want more information about Sheikh Mansour and the history of this case, please visit: www.savethesheikh.com

Thank you and may Allah (swt) reward you all in abundance for your good support.

Wasalaam

PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO ALL THOSE WHO CARE ABOUT HUMAN RIGHTS

I don't care if you have work or uni or whatever, take the day off as many others are doing for this very important cause!!! Plus it's gonna be fun as we sing kumbaya on the bus to canberra....or the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round....jk lol. Anyway on a more serious note, aside from the fact that this is a matter of standing up for justice which Allah (swt) and the ahlulbayt (as) command us to do in uncompromising terms, there is a hadith which states that if a person cannot show gratitude towards his fellow man then he will never be able to show gratitude towards his Creator. Sheikh Mansour has made a huge contribution to our community, to alot of you individually and will no doubt make a huge contribution to the faith of your children in the future should he remain in Aus......which insha'Allah he will with our help and duas!

Be there or be square :yaali:

Edited by ~RuQaYaH~

Nice article regarding sheikh mansour and tomorrow's rally. Over 1000 people are expected alhamdulilah...

Peace prize winner in bid to save sheikh

RICK FENELEY

June 2, 2010

THE Nobel Peace Prize winner Desmond Tutu is among international human rights leaders who have condemned Australia for its impending deportation of a Muslim cleric, whose battle will draw 1000 protesters to Canberra in a convoy of buses tomorrow.

"In South Africa we used to have detention without trial," says Bishop Tutu. "In Australia you have deportation without trial.”

The anti-apartheid hero and former Anglican Archbishop of Cape Town has joined the campaign for the Iranian preacher Sheikh Mansour Leghaei, who will be forced to leave Australia on June 27 after the Immigration Minister, Chris Evans, refused to overrule two adverse security assessments by ASIO.

Dr Leghaei has raised his family in Sydney for the past 16 years but the intelligence organisation suspects him of acts of foreign interference, although it has never told him what they are and – as the High Court has ruled – it has no obligation to do so.

More than 700 protesters on 11 buses from Sydney, and another 300 people expected from Melbourne and Canberra, will march on Parliament House tomorrow to deliver an appeal to the Prime Minister that Australia is in breach of its United Nations-sanctioned obligations.

But Senator Evans is unmoved. His spokeswoman said yesterday that his decision followed careful consideration and: "We expect Dr Leghaei to meet his commitment to leave Australia on [June 27]."

Today, the retired Anglican bishop of Canberra and Goulburn, George Browning, will be among speakers supporting Dr Leghaei, who leads an Islamic centre at Earlwood but has also chaired an inter-faith committee.

Bishop Tutu's message is among those of international supporters posted yesterday on savethesheikh.com. Another Nobel Peace Prize laureate, Máiread Corrigan-Maguire from Northern Ireland, writes that the deportation would breach the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, to which Australia is a party. The UN's Human Rights Committee has asked Australia not to deport Dr Leghaei while it considers his case.

Hans Köchler, an Austrian philosophy professor and president of the International Progress Organisation, writes: "There can be no fair hearing of the case if the authorities refuse to disclose the allegations against Sheikh Mansour."

Dr Leghaei says he has only a few hints as to why ASIO might suspect him. When he returned from a visit to Iran in 1995, his luggage contained $10,000 – a donation from the Islamic Propagation Organisation, a publisher of Islamic texts in Tehran, to an Islamic centre in Melbourne.

Also in his luggage was an exercise book containing his student notes, in which he had quoted scholars on the subject of jihad. It was not until 2002, when he launched legal action against ASIO, that Dr Leghaei learned authorities had secretly copied these notes and, he claims, obtained a false translation which added inflammatory material about the killing of infidels. ASIO later accepted its translation was flawed and paid Dr Leghaei's costs.

Senator Evans's spokeswoman said: "For more than a decade, Dr Leghaei has accessed the Australian judicial system and has been afforded multiple appeals to a range of bodies, including the Immigration Review Tribunal, the Migration Review Tribunal, the Federal Court, the Full Federal Court and the High Court."

Ben Saul, co-director of the University of Sydney's centre for international law and one of the human rights barristers who went to the UN for Dr Leghaei, says they wrote to ASIO, suggesting it encourage the government to follow its international obligations.

A response arrived yesterday from the Australian Government Solicitor. It said: "ASIO's function is to advise the government in relation to matters of national security. It is not ASIO's function to advise the government in relation to matters of international law."

Dr Saul says they also wrote to the Attorney-General, Robert McClelland, but got no reply. In 1997, as an opposition MP, Mr McClelland wrote a letter in support of Dr Leghaei, describing him as an asset to the Australian community. The minister's office has said Mr McClelland was not privy, at that time, to the content of the security assessments.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/peace-prize-winner-in-bid-to-save-sheikh-20100601-wv26.html

Protest on in Sydney this saturday 2pm @ Town Hall:

The Australian Community Unites in support of Justice and Human Rights

We join hands and stand together against the deportation of Dr Mansour Leghaei

JOIN THE WORLD OF JUSTICE

SYDNEY TOWN HALL

SAT 19 JUNE AT 2:00PM

www.savethesheikh.com contact: 0424 592 718

Protest on in Sydney this saturday 2pm @ Town Hall:

The Australian Community Unites in support of Justice and Human Rights

We join hands and stand together against the deportation of Dr Mansour Leghaei

JOIN THE WORLD OF JUSTICE

SYDNEY TOWN HALL

SAT 19 JUNE AT 2:00PM

www.savethesheikh.com contact: 0424 592 718

(bismillah)

(salam)

Praying for Dr. Leghaei and his family.

(salam)

There has been a lot of coverage about him in the Australia newspapers (from news.google.com).

I found this article interesting.

975095-mansour-leghaei.jpg

"I'm going to miss everyone so much," Dr Leghaei said yesterday after packing up his home in Sydney's inner west.

"I will not only miss my children -- my flesh and blood -- but I will also miss the Muslim community and the wider community, the Christian community and all the other Australians who have been amazingly supportive," he said.

"I don't think I will find better friends anywhere."