Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

A Devastating War Between Israel & Hezbo

Rate this topic

^ Bro, according to Haaretz, a single Iron dome missile costs around $100,000

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1142318.html

With Hezbollah itself having close to 80,000 rockets, it is not financially possible for the system to last, or be able to defend the Israeli borders for too long.

The main bulk of the rockets are Katyusha's, which have a range of between 20km and 40km max, that can hit just inside Israels southern border. Hezbollah fired a few thousand of these during the 2006 war, and they made no real impact on Israel as such. Hezbollah may have a few Iranian Zelzal-2 that could reach Tel Aviv, but Iron dome could possibly defend against these, as its capable of calculating a missiles path and working out its destination and selecting that as opposed to a fairly harmless Katyusha.

Also, you have to consider the time taken to launch rockets and not be seen by UAV's etc... and have a missile heading towards you, so impossible to know at what rate the Katyusha's and other rockets can be successfully launched. An attack directly on Tel Aviv or civilian area's, with no intent on a military target will also allow the opposition to do likewise, and Beirut could be hit back with devastating firepower, which may force Hezbollah to reconsider whether to target or carrying on targeting Tel Aviv and other large cities.

War is not as straightforward as some seen to think.

• Advanced Member

The main bulk of the rockets are Katyusha's, which have a range of between 20km and 40km max, that can hit just inside Israels southern border. Hezbollah fired a few thousand of these during the 2006 war, and they made no real impact on Israel as such. Hezbollah may have a few Iranian Zelzal-2 that could reach Tel Aviv, but Iron dome could possibly defend against these, as its capable of calculating a missiles path and working out its destination and selecting that as opposed to a fairly harmless Katyusha.

Also, you have to consider the time taken to launch rockets and not be seen by UAV's etc... and have a missile heading towards you, so impossible to know at what rate the Katyusha's and other rockets can be successfully launched. An attack directly on Tel Aviv or civilian area's, with no intent on a military target will also allow the opposition to do likewise, and Beirut could be hit back with devastating firepower, which may force Hezbollah to reconsider whether to target or carrying on targeting Tel Aviv and other large cities.

War is not as straightforward as some seen to think.

The cost of war for isreal was $1.6bn aprox 500,000 isrealis vowed never to return and even more were in bunkers. 95% of rockets fired were katusha and only 23% hit cities and built up areas, putting 2 and 2 together the majority of the damage was caused by the 867 katushas and 40km is far enough to reach haifa. if that to you is no real impact then okay i accept.

The UAV's were there in 2006, didn't stop nothing.

regarding the iron dome, its hollywood.

Hezbollah set the equations, what ever you do to us we will do to you. Simple as. Hezbollah doesn't attack first, never has never will.

Edited by sarmad17

The cost of war for isreal was $1.6bn aprox 500,000 isrealis vowed never to return and even more were in bunkers. 95% of rockets fired were katusha and only 23% hit cities and built up areas, putting 2 and 2 together the majority of the damage was caused by the 867 katushas and 40km is far enough to reach haifa. if that to you is no real impact then okay i accept.

The cost is never an issue of most wars. Yeah, Isrealis went into bunkers, and only 43 Israeli civilians ( 18 of those killed were Israeli Arabs ) died as a result of nearly 1000 katushas, yeah a massive impact from them. Nearly 1,200 Lebanese civilians died. Dunno where you get this 500,000 thousand that will never return, please give sources. Israel lost 121 soldier, Hezbollah at least 250 and maybe up to 500.

The UAV's were there in 2006, didn't stop nothing.

Technology has moved on in the last 4 years, and UAVs are getting far more silent and difficult to detect.

regarding the iron dome, its hollywood.

It underwent a good test in January this year, and lets wait and see till its operational to what impact it will have against longer range rockets ( not the firework katushas, which are not worth shooting down ) if a war ever starts.

Hezbollah set the equations, what ever you do to us we will do to you. Simple as. Hezbollah doesn't attack first, never has never will.

Well then I guess Israel has nothing to worry about these 80,000 rockets, as I dont see what reason it would have to attack Lebanon right now, as any extra space they need, they seem to grabbing from the West bank.

• Forum Administrators

(salam)

The cost is never an issue of most wars. Yeah, Isrealis went into bunkers, and only 43 Israeli civilians ( 18 of those killed were Israeli Arabs ) died as a result of nearly 1000 katushas, yeah a massive impact from them. Nearly 1,200 Lebanese civilians died. Dunno where you get this 500,000 thousand that will never return, please give sources. Israel lost 121 soldier, Hezbollah at least 250 and maybe up to 500.

Actually, Hezbollah lost just as much as they confirmed, which was I think 118 fighters. Hezbollahs not one to hide casualties; as they've said they are "proud of their martyrs".

(salam)

Actually, Hezbollah lost just as much as they confirmed, which was I think 118 fighters. Hezbollahs not one to hide casualties; as they've said they are "proud of their martyrs".

Mahmoud Komati, deputy chief of Hezbollah's politburo, said to the press that the losses were around 250, and Hezbollah does not hide casualties; as they've said they are "proud of their martyrs".

• Advanced Member

Technology has moved on in the last 4 years, and UAVs are getting far more silent and difficult to detect.

It underwent a good test in January this year, and lets wait and see till its operational to what impact it will have against longer range rockets ( not the firework katushas, which are not worth shooting down ) if a war ever starts.

Well then I guess Israel has nothing to worry about these 80,000 rockets, as I dont see what reason it would have to attack Lebanon right now, as any extra space they need, they seem to grabbing from the West bank.

Mahmoud Komati, deputy chief of Hezbollah's politburo, said to the press that the losses were around 250, and Hezbollah does not hide casualties; as they've said they are "proud of their martyrs".

Everything you said its true but your forgetting something. Isreal is a state funded by the worlds superpower, fully trained, fully armed, in every aspect. They went into leb with the aim of destroying hezbollah, and getting there two solders back, hezbollah who are a bunch of volenteers, which get simple weapons from iran. isreal got 100% air and sea control and 300% more soldiers on the ground, and God knows how much tanks. after 33 days of war isreal achieved nothing (bearing is mind it took thm 6 days against the arabs). Nasrallah told them nothing but indirect negotitions will get the solider back, and again he talk then the truth.

• Advanced Member

If Israel picks a fight with Lebanon they have to face the Lebanese Army and Hezbullah. At that point the Israeli invading force would be f'ed because they would be evenly matched in terms of man power.

Let me be clear that anyone who still thinks air power is going to win this conflict is illiterate in warfare. UAV's are only effective against people who don't have any communications technology. Useless when the enemy is well coordinated in terms of communications and logistics.

The only skill Israel has is carpet bombing, which is predictable and growing to be fairly ineffective in seizing control of actual territory. The whole Israeli game plan is predictable. Their answer to the 2006 loss was next time send in more ground troops. Hezbullah has Israel dazed and confused.

"Should the enemy strengthen his van, he will weaken his rear; should he strengthen his rear, he will weaken his van; should he strengthen his left, he will weaken his right; should he strengthen his right, he will weaken his left. If he sends reinforcements everywhere, he will everywhere be weak."

"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him."

^^I'm sure anyone who has read Sun Tzu has come across these quotes but I thought it would help make the point.

The game changer is really going to be ballistic missiles and how deep they will penetrate into Israel. If they get far Israel will piss itself into a ceasefire.

Edited by Vir2L
  • Forum Administrators

(wasalam)

If Israel picks a fight with Lebanon they have to face the Lebanese Army and Hezbullah. At that point the Israeli invading force would be f'ed because they would be evenly matched in terms of man power.

Let me be clear that anyone who still thinks air power is going to win this conflict is illiterate in warfare. UAV's are only effective against people who don't have any communications technology. Useless when the enemy is well coordinated in terms of communications and logistics.

The only skill Israel has is carpet bombing, which is predictable and growing to be fairly ineffective in seizing control of actual territory. The whole Israeli game plan is predictable. Their answer to the 2006 loss was next time send in more ground troops. Hezbullah has Israel dazed and confused.

I think Israel knows by now that a complete elimination of Hezbollah is unlikely at this point. I would argue that the goal of Israel in its two short wars against Hezbollah and Hamas was to show that the IDF is completely capable in destroying a country's infrastructure and eliminate and induce high casualties in civilians. We know from the two wars, and from the Israeli sources that spoke in their aftermaths, that the IDF didn't pick and choose their targets. They used white phosphorus as "smoke screens", shooting them directly into hospitals and neighbourhoods. They've bombed residential areas, resulting in the deaths of thousands. They've even targeted the Red Cross, the Press, the UN, etc. - their gunfire is non-discriminatory and their goal is to create "shock and awe" rather than defeating the paramilitaries. And Lebanon and Gaza are still suffering from the aftermath, while Israel and the IDF are not.

That's the goal - destroy enough infrastructure and wreak as much havoc as it can for a few weeks, to show that any first-strike by Hezbollah and Hamas would result in having blood spilled all over their hands. Not so much to eliminate them, but instead to neutralize them. These scare tactics would prevent them from making any first strikes or interfering in any possible war with Iran or Syria in the future. After all, Hezbollah didn't interfere when Gaza was under siege, nor did Hamas really do much to resist (I think 7 soldiers were killed in the end?)

• Site Administrators
That's the goal - destroy enough infrastructure and wreak as much havoc as it can for a few weeks, to show that any first-strike by Hezbollah and Hamas would result in having blood spilled all over their hands.

There will never be a first-strike by Hezbollah.

If this time around the Israelis initiate a war again, Hezbollah will actually start invading northern villages and taking back land. Israelis can use air-power over these villages if they like, but they'll be destroying their own infrastructure. If they turn to land/urban warfare, they'll be destroyed. There won't be a 'few' weeks of anything, this will be prolonged, with air-ports, refineries, the nuke station and tel-aviv being targeted. Israelis aren't ready for that kind of confrontation yet, so it's unlikely that they'll be attacking Lebanon any time soon.

• Forum Administrators

(salam)

There will never be a first-strike by Hezbollah.

Wasn't the 2006 summer war sparked by Hezbollah's capturing and killing of Israeli troops? I understand that Hezbollah didn't "start" the enmity, as Israel occupies Sheba farms, but could you say that the same war would have happened the same way at the same time if Hezbollah didn't carry out that operation? There's some evidence to suggest that Israel was preparing for the war before hand, but I'm sure they'd be looking for a pretext like that before unleashing their forces, and the sheer terror of the 2006 war guarantees that Hezbollah wouldn't pull another move like that. Nasrallah said if he knew that the capturing would result in the 2006 war, he would not have ordered it.

If this time around the Israelis initiate a war again, Hezbollah will actually start invading northern villages and taking back land. Israelis can use air-power over these villages if they like, but they'll be destroying their own infrastructure. If they turn to land/urban warfare, they'll be destroyed.

God knows best, but I doubt Hezbollah would take the risk in taking and holding Israeli villages. Hezbollah has a few thousand fighters and volunteers - how many would take part in invading Israel? The bulk of them would stay in Lebanon of course, as Lebanon's defense is the party's primary interest. Crossing the borders with large numbers is difficult enough, especially without air cover or significant vehicle power, let alone holding towns and villages. Let's say a few hundred get in, don't you think IDF's 170,000 some troops, thousands of tanks, helicopters, or maybe even ordinary citizens, can't fight off a few hundred guerrillas? Even if Hezbollah is armed with some anti-tank and anti-aircraft weapons and is shooting rockets at other villages, they are best at guerrilla warfare, and it's unlikely that they could successfully and permanently hold and continue to occupy land.

Edited by Qa'im
  • Site Administrators
how many would take part in invading Israel?
They do what they're told.
Let's say a few hundred get in, don't you think IDF's 170,000 some troops, thousands of tanks, helicopters, or maybe even ordinary citizens, can't fight off a few hundred guerrillas?

8:65-66 <-- They believe in this, so don't write them off as not actually doing it.

Israel won't send all of its reserves. They have stone-throwing palo terrorist kids to keep at bay remember!

Forgot to mention, Hezbollah will also close the Wazzani River (which feeds 15% of the Jordan River), and rain hell over Sheb'aa (another strategic point). Israelis have too much to loose.

• Forum Administrators

(wasalam)

They do what they're told.

8:65-66 <-- They believe in this, so don't write them off as not actually doing it.

Yes, but the scripture also instructs us to be intelligent. Don't bring a knife to a gun fight. Hezbollah is militarily incapable of defeating Israel, but I do believe it is capable in fighting Israelis in Lebanese lands (end of 20th century and 2006 war) rather than invading unfamiliar lands and holding them with no tanks or aircraft, against an army over 30x its size with modern weaponry. I'm not writing them off as incompetent or cowardly, I am just being realistic here.

Everything you said its true but your forgetting something. Isreal is a state funded by the worlds superpower, fully trained, fully armed, in every aspect. They went into leb with the aim of destroying hezbollah, and getting there two solders back, hezbollah who are a bunch of volenteers, which get simple weapons from iran. isreal got 100% air and sea control and 300% more soldiers on the ground, and God knows how much tanks. after 33 days of war isreal achieved nothing (bearing is mind it took thm 6 days against the arabs). Nasrallah told them nothing but indirect negotitions will get the solider back, and again he talk then the truth.

Hezbollah are slightly more than that. No doubt they have regular troops who are paid a salary as soldiers, and they recieve very good training from Iranian military in the tactics of the type of warfare they fight. They done a good job during the 2006 war, but defending a built up territory against an invading army is not near as difficult as launching an invasion against a country. Look at the speed the Germans travelling across Eastern Europe, but how long they got stuck in Stalingrad. Russian troops also came across Eastern Europe very fast, but the final battle in Berlin took a long time, even though at that stage Germany was usually old men and young kids to defend the ciity with a few machine guns and panzerfausts, and Russia could bomb Berlin all it wanted with no human rights groups complaining. Taking a city and fighting in urban warfare negates virtually all advantage of a modern army. Tanks and other vehicles are vulnerable to RPG's. They dont know where the booby trap and other IED devices are. They dont know where snipers are hidden. The locals support the defenders and make life diffucult for the invaders, giving away their positions etc...

Hezbollah are capable of defending Lebanon, but not capable of launching an all out assult on Israel, to actually overrun and capture Israel. A huge gulf in what is needed between the two tasks.

• Advanced Member

(wasalam)

Yes, but the scripture also instructs us to be intelligent. Don't bring a knife to a gun fight. Hezbollah is militarily incapable of defeating Israel, but I do believe it is capable in fighting Israelis in Lebanese lands (end of 20th century and 2006 war) rather than invading unfamiliar lands and holding them with no tanks or aircraft, against an army over 30x its size with modern weaponry. I'm not writing them off as incompetent or cowardly, I am just being realistic here.

Salam,

I will have to agree with you, not forgetting that Allah's will is above all this. In warfare a defensive Maneuver and an attacking Maneuver are compeletly different, defensively you need to get into a good position while offensivly you need to fight for those positions in unfamilar terrotaries, it takes a vast number of troop and epquitment. The only time I see Hezbollah going on an offensive is if they have dealt sufficient blows to the Zionist army whereby they start retreating and Hezbollah can move forward moderately, maybe Sheba farms and Golan Heights. Inshallah they can.

I fear a repeat of these world, not because i don't love them but i don't want another war

Regarding who started the 2006 war, in 2005 Israel conducted a cross boarder raid, taking Hezbollah men captive and that’s when Nasrallah came with 'al waad al sadiq' operation (to abduct Israeli solders and trade them for the Hezbollah captives), and its quite clear to me personally that Israel had a plan, you can't plan for an open war in 7 days ask any military expert. Unless you play command and conquer.

Regarding the future war, remember Nasrallahs promise over Imad moghniyah? The revenge is coming Inshallah but Israel might use this as a pretext (bearing in mind this will strongly affect the moral of the soldiers to see a top commander assassinated). The Zionist has been trying to link Syria with Hezbollah heavily in order to drag them in if they wish.

Edited by sarmad17
  • Advanced Member

(wasalam)

Salam,

I will have to agree with you, not forgetting that Allah's will is above all this. In warfare a defensive Maneuver and an attacking Maneuver are compeletly different, defensively you need to get into a good position while offensivly you need to fight for those positions in unfamilar terrotaries, it takes a vast number of troop and epquitment. The only time I see Hezbollah going on an offensive is if they have dealt sufficient blows to the Zionist army whereby they start retreating and Hezbollah can move forward moderately, maybe Sheba farms and Golan Heights. Inshallah they can.

Regarding who started the 2006 war, in 2005 Israel conducted a cross boarder raid, taking Hezbollah men captive and that’s when Nasrallah came with 'al waad al sadiq' operation (to abduct Israeli solders and trade them for the Hezbollah captives), and its quite clear to me personally that Israel had a plan, you can't plan for an open war in 7 days ask any military expert. Unless you play command and conquer.

Regarding the future war, remember Nasrallahs promise over Imad moghniyah? The revenge is coming Inshallah but Israel might use this as a pretext (bearing in mind this will strongly affect the moral of the soldiers to see a top commander assassinated). The Zionist has been trying to link Syria with Hezbollah heavily in order to drag them in if they wish.

• Veteran Member

Everyday...every minutes the Hezbollah is preparing a defensive war against the Zionist regime knowing very well the capabilities and capacities of the Zionist army.

I still remember in 1982 when Israel invaded Lebanon, Iran sent their troops to assist the muslims despite Iran was having their own war with Iraq. The US media (CNN) did a little coverage on these Iranian soldiers who were ready to fight in Lebonan. The commentator made a remark, "The US is not worry about the troops, but was worrried about those soldiers with the TURBAN. We can't never figure out and predict anything that underneath that "TURBAN".

The thing about Hezbollah is that they are "unpredictable" in term of strength and capabilities. And not to mention "what underneath that TURBAN" that Nassrallah is wearing!!!

Israel can only know it if they dare to attack. US understood when 200 of their soldiers instantly varnished by "suicide bombs"...the first introduced "suicide bomb".

• Advanced Member

bismillah.gifsalam.gif

here's another jewish viewpoint:

Scuds for Hizbollah? The regional balance is at stakeEmile HokayemLast Updated: April 20. 2010 12:34AM UAE / April 19. 2010 8:34PM GMTThe tenuous, perhaps complacent, sense of quiet is unravelling in the Levant. For the past two weeks, reports that Syria has delivered Scud missiles to Hizbollah, or at least is ready to deploy them across the Lebanese border, have reminded everyone in the area that amid the hubris, a devastating war is only one miscalculation away. Hizbollah’s possession of such a strategic capability would change the game because it would allow it to target the entirety of Israel from its northernmost bases. The real benefit would be psychological, because Israeli confidence would undoubtedly be shaken if the entire country became vulnerable. How much the missiles would improve Hizbollah’s capability in a war is questionable. Iraq launched Scuds armed with conventional warheads against Israel and Saudi Arabia during the 1991 Gulf War, but the destruction was limited.For Syria, it would help redress a humiliating imbalance that has allowed Israel to ignore Syria when it wishes. For decades, Damascus has been struggling to achieve strategic parity, a quixotic goal made impossible by the demise of its Soviet patron. It may be that these reports and accusatory statements by Israeli leaders are mere disinformation, timed to derail the wobbly US effort to engage Syria after five years of estrangement or to distract from the tension between the US president, Barack Obama, and the Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu. But this is unlikely, and the Syrian denials must also be evaluated based on recent history. Certainly the revelation in 2007 that Damascus was developing a nuclear military capability has demonstrated that it is much less averse to risks and prone to confrontation than was assumed.In fact, Hizbollah itself boasts that it has more than replenished its arsenal of rockets and missiles since the 2006 war, when its uninterrupted barrage was evidence of Israel’s military failure. But to ensure a degree of surprise, the group refuses to confirm what kind of armaments it has obtained. The new equipment probably includes anti-tank weaponry and the Igla-S, a shoulder-fired, anti-aircraft missile that would erode Israeli air dominance.If the reports of deployment are true, then the next conflict between Israel and Hizbollah would certainly widen to Syria. The last time Syrian and Israeli forces clashed was in 1982 in Lebanon’s Bekaa Valley. The Syrian military, and in particular its air force, was dealt a crushing blow, but Israel was busy fighting the Palestine Liberation Organisation and had no interest in expanding the conflict. As a result, new red lines were drawn that turned Lebanon into the area of competition by proxy.This time, however, the language between the two countries is hardening. The Syrian regime is unequivocally behind Hizbollah, and the Syrian president Bashar Assad has told his Palestinian counterpart Mahmoud Abbas that “the price of resistance is not higher than the price of peace”.The hawkish Israeli foreign minister Avigdor Lieberman has already likened Hizbollah to a division of the Syrian armed forces and stated that bringing down the Assad regime would be an easy affair. It was not an empty threat.Assuming the Scuds have been deployed, the key question becomes one of command and control. Hizbollah wants a weapon that petrifies Israeli society, Syria a tool to restore parity, and Iran a deterrent against a potential Israeli attack on its nuclear installations. For Israel, the challenge is not a minor one. Hizbollah has proven very skilled at hiding and using missiles, although deploying several 13-metre Scuds in a time of war would not go undetected by Israeli airplanes and drones.There is another dimension to the crisis: the extent to which the Lebanese state has become peripheral. After all, the various political leaders were expected to discuss a national defence strategy during the National Dialogue conference, a now-hollow attempt to tackle Hizbollah’s weapons. It is safe to assume that Hizbollah has not shared details about its military preparations with other Lebanese factions, partly because of the need for secrecy but also because it considers itself and its military plans above discussion.But the next conflict would certainly involve more than just Hizbollah. Its assertion that the dichotomy between the state and the muqawama (resistance) protects the country would be tested the hard way. Indeed, an unpleasant lesson Israel drew from the 2006 war and the Shiite militia’s political dominance since then is that limiting the pain to Hizbollah and its constituency does not work. The next round may witness attacks on critical infrastructure, government buildings and Lebanese military facilities. That would draw the entire country into the conflict, but once again without any national consensus on why to fight or what to fight for.Another casualty of the crisis could be the US policy of rebuilding ties with Damascus, which is based on the idea that Syria can be lured away from Iran. So far, US efforts have delivered meagre results. After the US secretary of state Hillary Clinton said Washington was asking Damascus “to begin to move away from the relationship with Iran”, Mr Assad took a swipe at her, saying “we must have understood Clinton wrong, probably because of bad translation or our limited understanding” during a meeting with the Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in Damascus in February.Ultimately, the real victim of a war fuelled by the missile crisis would be Lebanon. It faces massive destruction by Israel, civil conflict if Hizbollah goes after its domestic opponents and possibly a return of Syrian forces if the world once again outsources the Lebanese mess to Damascus. It happened in 1976, and it could happen again.ehokayem@thenational.ae---my opinion---Very realistically and open mindedly speaking staright forward to the west:Israel, USA, Europe, India etc ------- All for one and one for allIran, N.Korea - will not bow out to Evil and domination when freedom is their basic right.Hezbollah - A bunch of normal human beings turned militants after experiencing cruel treatment by friends and foes alike..... are the only hope for the distressed Muslims in The region and Israel is scared that it might have to face the 2006 wrath or worse

• 1 month later...
  • Veteran Member

I don't think Israel will wage a massive infantry / land based war against even slightly threatening odds or any chance that the conflict lengthens. Same goes for complete occupation. Because that needs a lot of men and they must be saving all their manpower and waiting for the Anti-Christ to start something like that. They also must be afraid of a repeat 2006. I think they are facing a sort of a manpower problem and thats what is delaying their plans. Correct me if I'm wrong, I think they do have compulsory mil training for their youth iirc? But most of them are like garbage. Murderes, not soldiers, not even men. Their govt. has to constantly keep scare mongering their people through propaganda media services in order to maintain a force that would help with their plans and not quit the army and go money counting somewhere or stuff like that.

• 2 weeks later...

It will never happen, I think Israel will surrender faster than it can even ponder the mere theme of geographical warfare.

Like it has done every other time it was attacked, sometimes with a joint attack by a few countries?. LOL :lol:

^ Stop living in the past Irish. The equations have changed now.

Stop dreaming also. Israel still has very formidable military power and wont make the same tactical mistakes it made in the last war. It also has worlds most powerful miliary allies whose warships are aircraft carriers are never too far away, and have military bases nearby.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Muhamad

Greater Israel is the goal. They are determined to have ALL THE LAND between the Euphrates and the Tigris. The American people bankroll the pirate state with their tax dollars that the government takes from them Rahm Israel Emanuel runs the White House, how many are comfortable with that?

They cannot defeat Hezbollah on the battlefield so look for other approaches.

euphrates & the nile???