Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Dua Ahad For 40 Days In A Row

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam) (bismillah)

Any one of you who has said dua ahad for 40 days in a row after fajr prayer (no stopping in between), please tell me. Those of you who have tried, but never have done it for 40 days in a row, tell me too, but specify that you havent done it succesfully yet. Be honest please :)

I myself havent dont it yet, i try to, but i havent dont it for 40 continuous days yet.

Edited by FatimaZahra

• Advanced Member
Haven't done for 40 consecutive days . can you recite it without wudhu?

As far as I know, there is no such requirement. However, there are numerous benefits of being in the state of wudhu at all times, if people knew even half of them, I think everyone would give being in a state of wudhu a lot of priority and consideration.

Be honest please :)

I myself havent dont it yet, i try to, but i havent dont it for 40 continuous days yet.

I haven't actually recited it, but I have listened to it for about 20ish mornings in a row, dont know what made me stop, inshAllah I will come around doing it. This has always interested me because the Prophet s.a.w said "if you do something continiously for 40 days, it will become a habbit that will be hard to remove" - so I think what the significance behind 40 is to get you to recite it every morning of your life, thus making you a sincerely and devout follower of the Imam a.s

Edited by Day Of Recompense

• Advanced Member

Salaam

yes there is a reason, those who read it for 40 mornings (after fajr prayer) in a row are guaranteed or you can say are eligible to be in the army of imam mahdi (as), not everyone does it sucessfully the first time, including me, i have tried to do it 40 days in a row so many times, and theres ALWAYS something that stopped me, i think (more like know) its cause im not ready/qualified to be in his army yet, inshallah soon though, so those who have done it, im wondering who they are, as they will be in his army, if they die before he appears they will be raised alive to help him (source is hadith from imam sadiq, he said this same thing pretty much, im sure most of you have read the hadith about reciting it for 40 days before)

Edited by FatimaZahra

• Advanced Member

Salaam,

yes of course we should be getting ready, but i mean, it seems (for me, dont know about others) that as long as im not ready, i wont be able to do it 40 days in a row, im serious i have tried so many times (dont know how many), and i guess its cause im not ready for imam mahdi (as), cause i know for sure that im not ready.

• Advanced Member

also, about you saying we should be ready for him before we recite thid dua (which pledges allegiance to him) because we dont want to break our allegiance, i think its still fine to recite it even before that (except some cases, like for some reason maybe someone doesnt want to help the imam but for some reason, is reading the dua) then if that was the case, then no, that person shouldnt be reading the dua. But this dua helps us get ready for him.

Edited by FatimaZahra

• Advanced Member

Yes, well u gave me reasons but lol, the only reason I can give you is that the hair on my nape stands up. And yes, maybe we can complete reading it in 40 continuous days, if we are ready.

I dont get the hair on my nape stands up part, what do you mean?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

I dont get the hair on my nape stands up part, what do you mean?

(bismillah)

(salam)

Personally i read what the other brother/sister said about not admiting to have read it because its boasting, well inshallah im not doing this in ria' (osstentation) but in order to help you sister because you seem like you really want to know how to do it. Plus, i dont care what my virtual identity has in term of reputation and honor since im more worried about that in reality. So Alhamdullilah Rab Al 3alameen, Allah has given me the Tawfiq to complete it. Inshallah it's Accepted from me, make duaa for me brothers and sisters, and may Allah help whoever prays to Him for it to be accepted from me to complete it .

Sister, you must first make the Niyi (intention) with ikhlas, that you are doing it only for Allah swt. Inscribe with the pen of logic in your heart why you are doing it and that you are truly doing it for Allah and Allah alone. The next step is to try your best to uderstand what your reading, (i dont know if you speak and read Arabic).

Now heres the best part :) start reading more about your Imam (atf) and live a life of constant rememberance of him in your daily life, everything you do should be for his re-appearance, and live in constant sorrow of his seperation. remeber him and think of yourself as his waiting soldier. this is crucial.

Once you have this mind state, you start to fear, and really fear not waking up to read this dua'a because missing it will mean missing him. And when you do wake up you will be soo happy to be that much closer to him. This dua'a after completion of it also saves you because now you look at yourself as his soldier and are so much more carefull of you deeds.

Now, the next step and probably the most important. You know how you should normally be plannig your life around salat and your daily schedule around salat? Well now you you have to. You have to be thinking about the dua'a when the evening time comes and plan your day to make sure you are going to get to bed early enough to wake up. When sitting in bed remember the Imam and your duty towards him.

*** This is the most important part here, and if done properly can be enough on its own to let you accomplish this.*** -----> When in bed and about to go to bed, feel Allah swt's presence and tell him i nyour heart, that the only reason your doing this si for Him. And when your asleep you are in Allahs domain, and it is up to His will to wake you up or not. And after putting full reliance in Him waking you up go to bed. Now, how do you rely on Allah? Tell yourself that Allah will always help you when your doing something for Him all the time, and you must KNOW that He will wake you up since your doing for Him and he will obviously wake you up, so you should be going to sleep with a balance of fear for not waking, and a knowledge of His mercy and his capabilty to wake you up since your in his hands.

Then you wake up and thank Allah for doing what you had faith in Him doing for you. read the dua'a and dont go back to sleep until sunrise is over :)

(wasalam)

Edited by Imam313

(salam) (bismillah)

Any one of you who has said dua ahad for 40 days in a row after fajr prayer (no stopping in between), please tell me. Those of you who have tried, but never have done it for 40 days in a row, tell me too, but specify that you havent done it succesfully yet. Be honest please :)

I have a question regarding the dua-e-Ahad and other duas that require you to complete the period of 40 days consecutively, what if you can't do the 40 days consecutively because of 'girl-y reasons'?

• Forum Administrators

(bismillah)

(salam)

Personally i read what the other brother/sister said about not admiting to have read it because its boasting, well inshallah im not doing this in ria' (osstentation) but in order to help you sister because you seem like you really want to know how to do it. Plus, i dont care what my virtual identity has in term of reputation and honor since im more worried about that in reality. So Alhamdullilah Rab Al 3alameen, Allah has given me the Tawfiq to complete it. Inshallah it's Accepted from me, make duaa for me brothers and sisters, and may Allah help whoever prays to Him for it to be accepted from me to complete it .

Sister, you must first make the Niyi (intention) with ikhlas, that you are doing it only for Allah swt. Inscribe with the pen of logic in your heart why you are doing it and that you are truly doing it for Allah and Allah alone. The next step is to try your best to uderstand what your reading, (i dont know if you speak and read Arabic).

Now heres the best part :) start reading more about your Imam (atf) and live a life of constant rememberance of him in your daily life, everything you do should be for his re-appearance, and live in constant sorrow of his seperation. remeber him and think of yourself as his waiting soldier. this is crucial.

Once you have this mind state, you start to fear, and really fear not waking up to read this dua'a because missing it will mean missing him. And when you do wake up you will be soo happy to be that much closer to him. This dua'a after completion of it also saves you because now you look at yourself as his soldier and are so much more carefull of you deeds.

Now, the next step and probably the most important. You know how you should normally be plannig your life around salat and your daily schedule around salat? Well now you you have to. You have to be thinking about the dua'a when the evening time comes and plan your day to make sure you are going to get to bed early enough to wake up. When sitting in bed remember the Imam and your duty towards him.

*** This is the most important part here, and if done properly can be enough on its own to let you accomplish this.*** -----> When in bed and about to go to bed, feel Allah swt's presence and tell him i nyour heart, that the only reason your doing this si for Him. And when your asleep you are in Allahs domain, and it is up to His will to wake you up or not. And after putting full reliance in Him waking you up go to bed. Now, how do you rely on Allah? Tell yourself that Allah will always help you when your doing something for Him all the time, and you must KNOW that He will wake you up since your doing for Him and he will obviously wake you up, so you should be going to sleep with a balance of fear for not waking, and a knowledge of His mercy and his capabilty to wake you up since your in his hands.

Then you wake up and thank Allah for doing what you had faith in Him doing for you. read the dua'a and dont go back to sleep until sunrise is over :)

(wasalam)

(bismillah)

(salam)

Imam313, how magnanimous of you to explain all this. May Allah SWT bless you for all your efforts. shukran

• Basic Members

I have a question regarding the dua-e-Ahad and other duas that require you to complete the period of 40 days consecutively, what if you can't do the 40 days consecutively because of 'girl-y reasons'?

(bismillah)

(salam)

The dua'a in most cases doesn't say anything about performing the prayer being a prerequisite. Although you should read the du'aa before fajr prayer time has elapsed. But inshallah Allah (swt) will accept from all of us.Plus put it this way, by getting up that early just for your Imam (atf) and your Lord SWT, without having to pray shows commitment in itself since there is othing wajib you have to get up for in the first place.

(wasalam)

• 5 months later...