Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Do The Imams Know Past, Present & Future

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Sayed Fadhlullah's views on many matters do not concur with those of the majority of Shi'ah 'ulama.

(salam)

does that, make you feel safe about disregarding them? (those who teach) the select course and those who are on it are bread crumbs of the loaf not the loaf it's self.

(wasalam)

Edited by theunknownpreacher
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

does that, make you feel safe about disregarding them? the select course and those who are on it are bread crumbs of the loaf not the loaf it's self.

(wasalam)

Whether I disregard Sayed Fadhlullah's opinions or not is irrelevant. I'm neither interested in praising him or criticising him; I simply pointed out a fact - that many of his views are in opposition to those of the "mainstream".

Your second sentence makes no sense at all, so I can't comment on it.

• Basic Members

Dear all,

This discussion is useless and aimless. Because no one can judge the level or status of Muhammad (pbuh) and his Ahl-e-Bait (a.s). For example if i am under metric then i could not judge the level of a bachelor. i could not know that how he forecasts about future by deriving the things from present. The level of his thinking is higher than mine. So how could we judge the level of Muhammad (pbuh) while he is the city of knowledge (all knowledge). if someone from us claim that he is a master in economics then he should be unawared from the depth of mathematics and if someone claims that he is the master in english then he will be ignorant in urdu. The same sence will be used in science and other subjects. So if Muhammad (pbuh) claims that he is the city of knowledge then he never mentioned that which type of knowledge he had. So we as being a true and faithfull muslim have to believe that he is the master of every kind of knowledge. As well as the matter of Ghaib is concerned then please notice that Ghaib is also a part of ILM " knowledge". if Muhammad (pbuh) is the city of knowledge then how could we exclude any ILM from his custody. It is possible that his knowledge is limited as compared to Allah but we cannot say that he is not aware about this/that type of knowledge. Similarly, if he says that Ali (a.s) is the Gate of the City of knowledge then again he did'nt mentioned the detail of knowledge. so we have to beleive that all the knowledge that was in the possession of Muhammad (pbuh) should be transfered to the gate of knowledge. Imam Ali (a.s) himself says in Nehj-ul-Balagha that Muhammad (pbuh) delivered me his knowledge just like a bird and if you watch a bird during delivering the food to his baby bird you can imagine that he transfered the total feed from his mouth, he never bite it for him ever. So we have to believe that all the knowledge of Muhammad (pbuh) transfered to Ali (a.s). And if we believe that he had the knowledge of Ghaib then it would also be included in.

• Basic Members

i have an event in my mind from TARIKH ASAM KUFI (Ahl-e-Sunna Book of History, written by Asam kufi, in urdu and arabic). This book is easily available in pakistan but out of pakistan it is banned by the Ahl-e-Sunna Ulama due to some historical truths mentioned in it.

In this book Mr. Asam Kufi mentioned an event of the War of Siffeen. He said that in Siffeen Malik-e-Ashter killed 75 people and when he counted Ali's then he found that Ali also killed 75. He started to think that perhaps i became so brave that i am equel in killing to Ali. suddenly Ali (a.s) appears and said to him " Malik do not think higher, it is true that you have killed as i am, but the reality is that you have killed everyone who came in front of your sword but i have killed only those persons who had none of the momin in their generation till the day of judgement".

i think if someone believes then this event is enough for the result of the discussion.

• Advanced Member

i have an event in my mind from TARIKH ASAM KUFI (Ahl-e-Sunna Book of History, written by Asam kufi, in urdu and arabic). This book is easily available in pakistan but out of pakistan it is banned by the Ahl-e-Sunna Ulama due to some historical truths mentioned in it.

In this book Mr. Asam Kufi mentioned an event of the War of Siffeen. He said that in Siffeen Malik-e-Ashter killed 75 people and when he counted Ali's then he found that Ali also killed 75. He started to think that perhaps i became so brave that i am equel in killing to Ali. suddenly Ali (a.s) appears and said to him " Malik do not think higher, it is true that you have killed as i am, but the reality is that you have killed everyone who came in front of your sword but i have killed only those persons who had none of the momin in their generation till the day of judgement".

i think if someone believes then this event is enough for the result of the discussion.

Subhanallah.

May Allah (SWT) increase the love of Ahlul-Bayt (as) in our hearts and raise us with our Imam (as) when he reappears.

• 5 years later...
  • Veteran Member

just to help others, i found this:

H 184, Ch. 20, h8

Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Muhammad ibn 'Abd al-Jabbar from ibn Faddal from Hammad ibn ‘Uthman from 'Abd al ‘Ala’ ibn A‘yan who has said the following: “I heard abu ‘Abd Allah, ‘Alayhi al-Salam, saying, ‘I was born of the descendents of the Holy Prophet and I know the book of Allah wherein is the knowledge of how the world was first created and the knowledge of all that may come up to the Day of Judgment. In it is the news of the heavens and the earth, the news of paradise and hell, the news of things of the past, and those that will come into existence. I know all of these just as I can see in the palm of my hands. Allah says, ‘In it there is an explanation of everything.’”

Clearly the Imams AS are referring to the reports from the Quran. The narrations and statements brought by the non shia brothers are grossly distorted to give a different meaning.