Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Some Honest Questions

Rate this topic

nonshiamuslimah

• Basic Members

As salamwalaikum rahmatuallahi wabarakatu

I went from being a saudi salafi to what i would say is just being muslim now. i dont agree with the saudi government and to some extent they may be kufar. as far as shias go i am confused about your history accounts such as:

1) the death of aisha (ra) do you consider her an adultress and also do you believe that she and hafsah killed the prophet (saw) by poisening him?

(why do you say aishas grave cannot be found because muawiya killed her but sunnis know where her grave is?)

2) what is that status of Ali (ra) ? he was a servant of Allah right? and if so in your belief why do sunnis say you are servants of Ali?

3) why beat yourselves for ashura? ( i understand of the mourning over the murder/shuhada of husein (ra) but what is with the self beatings?

4) mutah?? i understnd the needs of certain people that need to be fulfilled but this was abogerated.simply not allowed and something i cannot agree with.but i need some clarification on the topic pelase.

5) the mehdi. is the mehdi alive right now? in a cave until his duty comes?

6) what was this argument before the prophet(sae) died

- alot of things i was told about shias came to be more like exagerations and weak hadith from shia books.I forget the quote that was given to me but i wrote down the book - Usool-E-Kaafi

Page #328 yaqoob kulaini vol1. now i dont remember the quote that they gave me like i said but i remember someone saying in one of your books that Allah lies sometimes???

Anyone with knowledge i am asking questions not out of disrespect but to learn inshaAllah.

Salamwalaikum wr wb.

-also any other questions i will continue to post on this thread not to confuse anyone so ill jsut be adding them here. jazakallahu khairun.

PS>please if you have links to books clarifying some of these issues or with your answer put where i can find the reference also websites etc. any source you can give me that is an authentic shia source please insha Allah thank you.

Edited by nonshiamuslimah

• Advanced Member

(salam)

These are my views. I have found a majority of Shias holding the same opinion.

1. No, Ayesha was not adulteress. Neither was she and Hafsha responsible for killing the Holy Prophet. As for her grave, I think she was buried in Baqi. I remember reading about Prophet wives buried in Janatul Baqi but again I am not 100% sure. :unsure:

2. I don't understand what you mean by this.

3. What would you recommend? How do you think we should show grief (mourning)? Do you have better alternative? I like to hear it.

4. It was never abrogated. There is already a pinned topic in this forum.

5. He is alive. Why would you think he is in a cave? He can be anywhere, not necessarily in a cave.

6. I am unable to understand your question.

If you want good sources about Shia Islam then check out this site http://www.al-islam.org

Edited by Zareen

I'm not a shia but I will try to answer some questions.

I went from being a saudi salafi to what i would say is just being muslim now. i dont agree with the saudi government and to some extent they may be kufar. as far as shias go i am confused about your history accounts such as:

1) the death of aisha (ra) do you consider her an adultress and also do you believe that she and hafsah killed the prophet (saw) by poisening him?

(why do you say aishas grave cannot be found because muawiya killed her but sunnis know where her grave is?)

This belief is still held by the Imami scholar Yassir Habib. However, the mainstream 12rs do not believe in it. As for Bibi Ayesha (ra) we are not sure if she really buried in Baqi. Muawiyah killed so many sahabis in a brutal way so saying that he was responsible for the death of Bibi Ayesha (ra) is not a far fetched story. He stuffed Muhammad bin Abi Bakr (ra) in a donkey, he also killed Saad ibn Waqas (ra).

3) why beat yourselves for ashura? ( i understand of the mourning over the murder/shuhada of husein (ra) but what is with the self beatings?

This is based on reactions after hearing the tradegy of Karbala. The 12r shias have decided to react in this fashion.

4) mutah?? i understnd the needs of certain people that need to be fulfilled but this was abogerated.simply not allowed and something i cannot agree with.but i need some clarification on the topic pelase.

Yes refer to this topic.

The Mahdi information is secret. Nobody knows where he is. It is Allah's (swt) secret.

Edited by Abdaal

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

This belief is still held by the Imami scholar Yassir Habib.

This is the same Yassir Habib who considers 75% of the greatest Shia ulmea of the last century to be kuffar according to his website.

That tells you what a nasty hateful person he is

wa salam

• Veteran Member

(salam),

Welcome to SC! Allah-willing, you will enjoy your stay here, and get all your confusions cleared. :)

1. Like Abdaal pointed out, this isn't the mainstream Shi'ite view. In-fact, most Shi'ite jurists today ask people to put aside any differences that may exist between the Shia and Sunni sect, to maintain unity. Hence anyone who curses anyone who is loved by the Sunni sect, is not what the learned men from the Shia sect have asked them to do, and is not to be taken as 'standard Shi'ite view', even if everyone around you is doing so.

2. There is no doubt in the fact that we all are Allah's servants, and worship him alone, to attain his pleasure, and not Imam Ali's (as). However, people from among the Shi'ite might call themselves servants of Ali, to show his might status with respect to themselves. It is also because of the famous hadith, 'Of whomsoever, I am Master, then Ali is also his Master'.

3. This is a complicated topic. You may refer to previously started threads on the topic, on SC.

4. According to us, Caliph mar abrogated it, and not the Prophet (pbuh).

5. Yes, according to us, he is alive, but not in a cave. He can be anywhere, but he is concealed from our sight. Perhaps like Pophet Khizr (as).

6. Please be clear what you're asking for.

As for your last question, it's probably referring to Allah's quality of Al-Bada'a. Please refer to this link for its answer:

http://www.al-islam.org/adl_ilahi/6.htm#2

wa (salam)

• Advanced Member

1) Aisha = non adultress. It is said he was poisoned, by who.. Allahu alam, and if so, Allahu alam. Her grave is unknown of, per my knowledge which is little, that is from what i read.

2)Ali ibn abi taleb a.s. is Allahs obedient servant, we do not worship human beings or put any partnership with Allah.. La ilaha illAllah is universal with shias and sunnis.

3)We do not (beat) ourselves, however we do latum out of grief, sorrow. Maybe people will understand when they lose a loved one, and I wouldnt consider it beating ourselves, as you go home safe and sound and perfectly happy. Dont let others fool you ;)

4)It was practiced on the time of Nabi Muhammad, who never forbid it, and on the time of the first caliph of Ahlul sunnah abu bakr. Omar the second caliph forbid it.. no one carries the right to forbid or not forbid something Allah made lawful except him and his messengers.

5)Imam al Mehdi a.s. is alive, and why would it be in a cave? This is another low blow from non respectful humans. If they find it hard to believe someone can live hundreds of years, they have disbelieved in Allah and his book , as Nabi Nuh a.s. lived many hundreds of years.

6)I think you are referring to the second caliph, who called the Prophet s.a.w.(delirious) stagfirAllah, when asking for a pen and paper. You can find it in bukhari.

Edited by MuhammadwuAli

• Basic Members

(salam)

These are my views. I have found a majority of Shias holding the same opinion.

1. No, Ayesha was not adulteress. Neither was she and Hafsha responsible for killing the Holy Prophet. As for her grave, I think she was buried in Baqi. I remember reading about Prophet wives buried in Janatul Baqi but again I am not 100% sure. :unsure: > that is the same as our books. but must be weak for shia hadith.A learned shia has explained her death by supposedly being murdered by muawiyah after he used her to incite 2 wars.this is where i heard that from. but as i said most sources conclude the same as you said about her life and burial place.

2. I don't understand what you mean by this. > sunnis says that shia worship Ali (ra) and hold him as the prophet (saw)

3. What would you recommend? How do you think we should show grief (mourning)? Do you have better alternative? I like to hear it.> dua to Allah but i dont know about beating yourself.

4. It was never abrogated. There is already a pinned topic in this forum.

5. He is alive. Why would you think he is in a cave? He can be anywhere, not necessarily in a cave.I though someone said cave when speaking about him. i dont know much about this.

6. I am unable to understand your question.

If you want good sources about Shia Islam then check out this site http://www.al-islam.org> jazakallah khair

6) what was this argument before the prophet(sae) died I am assuming he is referring to the pen and paper incident, the calamity of black Thursday

Salamwalaikum.

the story as i was told: The Prophet (saw) called the companions to come to him as he was dying,he had a message for them. Some said it was about the next caliph others said it was something else not that.

But at the time of the incident a companion said something like hes gone mad hes about to die dont listen and the others said to listen then the Prophet (saw) got angry and said for them to forget it.thats what i was referring to.

• Advanced Member

Salamwalaikum.

the story as i was told: The Prophet (saw) called the companions to come to him as he was dying,he had a message for them. Some said it was about the next caliph others said it was something else not that.

But at the time of the incident a companion said something like hes gone mad hes about to die dont listen and the others said to listen then the Prophet (saw) got angry and said for them to forget it.thats what i was referring to.

Volume 9, Book 92, Number 468:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

When the time of the death of the Prophet approached while there were some men in the house, and among them was 'Umar bin Al-Khatttab, the Prophet said, "Come near let me write for you a writing after which you will never go astray." 'Umar said, "The Prophet is seriously ill, and you have the Quran, so Allah's Book is sufficient for us." The people in the house differed and disputed. Some of them said, "Come near so that Allah's Apostle may write for you a writing after which you will not go astray," while some of them said what 'Umar said. When they made much noise and differed greatly before the Prophet, he said to them, "Go away and leave me." Ibn 'Abbas used to say, "It was a great disaster that their difference and noise prevented Allah's Apostle from writing that writing for them.

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/bukhari/092.sbt.html

• Advanced Member

This is based on reactions after hearing the tradegy of Karbala. The 12r shias have decided to react in this fashion.

A'salam

Dear brother

Beating themself on the grief of Rasool Allah(s) family NOT ONLY 12rs fashion

there is many sect who beats themself on this account,

such as 6rs, (bohra)

agha shumi in agha khanies

abdul hilal sufies in sunni

as wel as some of my SUNNI colleagues.

basicaly beating themself on the grief is sunnah of ayesha (for sunni sect)

• Advanced Member

when Shi'a's practice Taqqiyah, how do you know when to beleive what they tell you?

I am not making a smart ass comment, this is a genuine question.

salamz

I think you need to read up on taqiyyah, what is it? when it is allowed to be used? and when it is not allowed to be used? because this is not a genuine question.

if you are sincere, there is a lecture on taqiyaah- what is it? when it is allowed? and when it is not? given by sayed ammar nakhsawani

here http://www.sayedammar.com/main/zina/Muharam%20-%202007 - 4th one

• Advanced Member

when Shi'a's practice Taqqiyah, how do you know when to beleive what they tell you?

(salam)

Why would we be practicing Taqqiyah on ShiaChat aka ShiaLand? :unsure: This is one place one earth where the Shias can be themselves and not hide their belief. No one can touch/kill/maim us here, there is no point of taqiyyah.

• Advanced Member

Salamwalaikum.

(salam)

What he (Prophet) wanted written was very important. If you look at hadiths, the Holy Prophet (saww) is quoted to say that his intention is to write something that will not lead people astray. It was about the future of the Ummah. It is so sad that some companions could not even respect his last wish! All he wanted was a pen and a piece of paper!

The companions were also being rude. One person said the Holy Prophet (saww) was hallucinating and they started fighting among themselves.

A'salam

Dear brother

Beating themself on the grief of Rasool Allah(s) family NOT ONLY 12rs fashion

there is many sect who beats themself on this account,

such as 6rs, (bohra)

agha shumi in agha khanies

abdul hilal sufies in sunni

as wel as some of my SUNNI colleagues.

basicaly beating themself on the grief is sunnah of ayesha (for sunni sect)

Personally, I don't care if you beat yourselves or if other people you. However, I hate blanket statements. Bring proof that the other shia sects and the sufis beat themselves.

• Basic Members

I'm not a shia but I will try to answer some questions.

This belief is still held by the Imami scholar Yassir Habib. However, the mainstream 12rs do not believe in it. As for Bibi Ayesha (ra) we are not sure if she really buried in Baqi. Muawiyah killed so many sahabis in a brutal way so saying that he was responsible for the death of Bibi Ayesha (ra) is not a far fetched story. He stuffed Muhammad bin Abi Bakr (ra) in a donkey, he also killed Saad ibn Waqas (ra).

Yes refer to this topic.

The Mahdi information is secret. Nobody knows where he is. It is Allah's (swt) secret.

masha Allah i knew that muawiyah killed aishas brother. that is also why i am studying shiaism. because sunnis say after that you still cant say he is going to hell. well i dont know if he will but there was deffinitly corruption in his ranks.

• Advanced Member

masha Allah i knew that muawiyah killed aishas brother. that is also why i am studying shiaism. because sunnis say after that you still cant say he is going to hell. well i dont know if he will but there was deffinitly corruption in his ranks.

Its quite outstanding when i hear people say of Yazid or Muawyia killing people and say ( Allah only knows if they will go to hell). Do they not read in the Qur'an specifically Allah a.w.j say whoever kills a "muslim" intentionally theyre abode is hell. And no, a mistake is not going and killing thousands and say oops, i think what i did was wrong.

• Advanced Member

bismillah.gifwasalam.gif

1. Aisha was not an adultress. There's no evidence that she and Hafsa killed the Prophet pbuh.gif . I wasn't aware that it wasn't known where she is buried. I don't think it gets talked about that much or is relevant to Shia. Yes, we do suspect Muawiya of killing her for the reasons Abdaal outlined.

2. Hazrat Ali is part of the Ahlul Bayt and Aal e Muhammad. When we send durood and salawat on Muhammad pbuh.gif and Aal e Muhammad he is automatically included. We consider him the Maula or Master of everyone whose Maula is Prophet Muhammad

. We believe this was announced at Ghadir and all Muslims present including the future Caliphs witnessed the event and congratulated him.

http://www.minhajboo...eclaration.html

We believe the hadith that Ali is with Haq (righteousness) and Haq is with Ali . Looking at his face is worship.

By Ayatullah Murtadha Mutahhari: http://www.al-islam.org/polarization/

As for calling ourselves his servant, in the Quran Surah 37 Ayat 83 it is written that Ibrahim as.gif was a Shia or follower or of the party of Nuh as.gif . Being servants of a noble righteous human being is a way of worshipping Allah as it ensures we will never leave the Right Path.

3. The self-beating is part of our ahadith. Many of our Ayatullah have recommended not going to extremes (i.e. not using knives etc) for this purpose. It's not supposed to be done in an manner that may be life-threatening. Otherwise open hand beating on the chest or chains is alright. It's not lethal. Sunni believe one sould only mourn for three days. Shia don't. We have a lot of evidence for this, you can search them out on al-islam.org.

4. Mutah was abrogated by Umar. There were two Mutahs, Mutah of marriage and Mutah of Hajj. Umar said that these were both practiced in the Prophet's time and that now he, Umar, is banning them. This hadith in Sunni books.

After that people who did Muta were persecuted and executed. Hazrat Ali spoke out against this. Shia believe nobody has the right to ban what the Prophet pbuh.gif allowed.

5. Imam Mahdi as.gif is awaited by Shia and Sunni alike. The difference arises that Sunni hadith say he is yet to be born. Shia believe he is the last of the 12 consecutive righteous leaders predicted by Hazrat Muhammad in Sunni and Shia literature. We believe he is alive and Allah has hidden him, just as He hid Hazrat Khidr and the People of the Cave (mentioned in Surah Kahf).

6. The disagreement was about who would succeed the Prophet . While the family and close companions of the Prophet were busy with his funeral, others including the first two Caliphs slipped away to a place called Saqifa where the first Caliph was chosen.

http://www.al-islam.org/restatement/

There are tons of Sunnis sources which speak against Muawiyah.

Here is a sunni source on what Imam Ali (as) says about the issue. The problem today is we have similar rulers to him, so that's why there is a government policy which tells us not to speak against him. If Muawiyah goes to heaven so does King Fahd and King Abdullah.

Imam Qadhi Abu al-Hasan al-Mawardi (d 448 Ah) an esteemed Ahle Sunnah scholar of the past authenticated a saying by Imam Ali bin Abi Talib his book 'adb al-dunya wa deen'.

Ãóäøó ÑóÌõáðÇ ÞóÇáó áöÚóáöíøò ßóÑøóãó Çááøóåõ æóÌúåóåõ: Åäøöí ÃõÍöÈøõß æóÃõÍöÈøõ ãõÚóÇæöíóÉó. ÝóÞóÇáó ÑÖí Çááå Úäå: ÃóãøóÇ ÇáÇäó ÝóÃóäúÊó ÃóÚúæóÑõ¡ ÝóÅöãøóÇ Ãóäú

ÊóÈúÑóÃó æóÅöãøóÇ Ãóäú ÊóÚúãóì

(adb al-dunya wa deen )

In his book he authenticates a story of a man that came to Ali and said "I love you and I love Muawiya " To this Ali replied that you are a ONE EYED MAN. The eye that loves me has vision and that loves muawiya is blind. If you persist with it then you will be total blind.

Also i have a lot of lectures on these issues.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ProAhlulBayt1

Seerah of King Muawiyah

• Basic Members

this is why when studying you cant just ask questions and believe everything you are told,this is not the only place i am looking for answers im going to there books too. but most books that sunnis give me are weak in the eyes of shia. the hadith are weak they say or most of them so that makes the book not a good reference.

• Advanced Member

Personally, I don't care if you beat yourselves or if other people you. However, I hate blanket statements. Bring proof that the other shia sects and the sufis beat themselves.

this is the defrent quistion

do u have right to ask me ?

My hand on My body for the grief of Allah's infalible imamÚáíå ÇáÓáÇã

why shud v bring proof ?

if u want stoping me to do this - so u shud show me proof

• Veteran Member
this is why when studying you cant just ask questions and believe everything you are told

There is no need for anyone to do Taqiyyah here. Taqiyyah is only allowed in danger. It is strange that most people don't understand the meaning of Taqiyyah.

Taqqiyah does not mean that we are allowed to tell lies as and when we feel like. Taqiyyah is only allowed in danger.

By the way, I have never done Taqqiyah ever in my life. The need was never there.

Why would we be practicing Taqqiyah on ShiaChat aka ShiaLand? This is one place one earth where the Shias can be themselves and not hide their belief. No one can touch/kill/maim us here, there is no point of taqiyyah.

Of course. There are so many misconceptions about us floating around.

• Advanced Member

Taqqiyah is only practiced when a person fears for their life, and is based on the advice of the Prophet Mohammad (a.s.) and was practiced since the beginning of Islam (i.e., it's not a "Shia" practice). Of course that does not apply in most situations (especially on this website). It's a little hard for me to understand why someone would ask such a question on THIS PARTICULAR website, unless they have completely misunderstood the subject of taqqiyah (and maybe that's the problem).

• Veteran Member

The concept of Taqqiyah has been much maligned in modern days by some so called Sunni Scholars. In fact the so called Sunni Scholars are Wahabbis. Th reason why every non Shia I know ask about Taqqiyah is because it is a 'get out of jail card' used not by Shias but by these Wahhabis.

When these so called scholars get asked awkward questions which they cant answer they reply saying its just the Shias doing Taqqiyah its all lies.

Real Sunnis understand taqqiyah and haven't an issue with it.

The only ones that are really against Taqqiyah are the ruling corrupt regimes who have trouble identifying who to persecute and kill.

In fact the reality is that the Wahhabis are practicing Taqqiya. They know the truth about the Ahlul Bait because its in the Sahih books. But they 'hide the truth' by not teaching it to the masses. They do this not to save their lives but to save their thrones and fat swiss bank accounts.

• Advanced Member

this is why when studying you cant just ask questions and believe everything you are told,this is not the only place i am looking for answers im going to there books too. but most books that sunnis give me are weak in the eyes of shia. the hadith are weak they say or most of them so that makes the book not a good reference.

The answers for the wives and sahabas of rasool Allah Mohammad (saws) are in the Holy Quran and in the Sunni books and you don't have to look any further.

1. You already know about Mu'awiyah.

2. You already know from sahih Bukhari about Omar that he denied rasool Allah Mohammad (saws) to make a will on his death bed. Quran recommends making wills, but Omar went against the Quran and denied rasool Allah to make his will about the future of Islam. Of course, one can justify Omar's behavior with hook and crook.

3. Now for Aisha and Hafsa, the two deviant wives of rasool Allah Mohammad (saws), read the complete chapter 66 of the Holy Quran. It has twelve verses and here is a good Sunni site which has lots of translation of the Holy Quran by various translators:

http://www.islamawakened.com/Quran/

4. The Shia don't believe that Aisha was adulterous. As a Shia, I don't believe that she was accused of adultery. The stories of her adultery are the figment of her imagination and a figment of a very sick mind. The stories which are called the hadiths of Ifk are recorded in the Sunni books of sahih Bukhari and sahih Muslim; and these stories (hadiths) are very demeaning to rasool Allah Mohammad (saws).

Edited by aladdin

• Basic Members

Its quite outstanding when i hear people say of Yazid or Muawyia killing people and say ( Allah only knows if they will go to hell). Do they not read in the Qur'an specifically Allah a.w.j say whoever kills a "muslim" intentionally theyre abode is hell. And no, a mistake is not going and killing thousands and say oops, i think what i did was wrong.

well i dont know exact situations as i said i have just started this journey. and i do find it possible that he was like that knowing how king fahad is and he is an oppressive muslim killing alcohol drinking tyrant. so its not far fetched that muawiyah was the same....

• Advanced Member

salamz

I think you need to read up on taqiyyah, what is it? when it is allowed to be used? and when it is not allowed to be used? because this is not a genuine question.

if you are sincere, there is a lecture on taqiyaah- what is it? when it is allowed? and when it is not? given by sayed ammar nakhsawani

here http://www.sayedammar.com/main/zina/Muharam%20-%202007 - 4th one

thank you, inshaaAllah I will listen to the lecture when I get some time.

Taqqiyah is only practiced when a person fears for their life, and is based on the advice of the Prophet Mohammad (a.s.) and was practiced since the beginning of Islam (i.e., it's not a "Shia" practice). Of course that does not apply in most situations (especially on this website). It's a little hard for me to understand why someone would ask such a question on THIS PARTICULAR website, unless they have completely misunderstood the subject of taqqiyah (and maybe that's the problem).

that just might be the case, but inshaaAllah I will listen to the lecture the brother posted, and maybe get a better understanding on the concept/subject.

The concept of Taqqiyah has been much maligned in modern days by some so called Sunni Scholars. In fact the so called Sunni Scholars are Wahabbis. Th reason why every non Shia I know ask about Taqqiyah is because it is a 'get out of jail card' used not by Shias but by these Wahhabis.

When these so called scholars get asked awkward questions which they cant answer they reply saying its just the Shias doing Taqqiyah its all lies.

Real Sunnis understand taqqiyah and haven't an issue with it.

The only ones that are really against Taqqiyah are the ruling corrupt regimes who have trouble identifying who to persecute and kill.

In fact the reality is that the Wahhabis are practicing Taqqiya. They know the truth about the Ahlul Bait because its in the Sahih books. But they 'hide the truth' by not teaching it to the masses. They do this not to save their lives but to save their thrones and fat swiss bank accounts.

I disagree but nevertheless an interesting theory.

I think it must be a case of me misunderstanding the concept of taqqiyah, inshaaAllah I will look into it further.

thanks for all the advice

• Advanced Member

2) what is that status of Ali (ra) ? he was a servant of Allah right? and if so in your belief why do sunnis say you are servants of Ali?

6) what was this argument before the prophet(sae) died

- alot of things i was told about shias came to be more like exagerations and weak hadith from shia books.I forget the quote that was given to me but i wrote down the book - Usool-E-Kaafi

Page #328 yaqoob kulaini vol1. now i dont remember the quote that they gave me like i said but i remember someone saying in one of your books that Allah lies sometimes???

Anyone with knowledge i am asking questions not out of disrespect but to learn inshaAllah.

Salamwalaikum wr wb.

-also any other questions i will continue to post on this thread not to confuse anyone so ill jsut be adding them here. jazakallahu khairun.

PS>please if you have links to books clarifying some of these issues or with your answer put where i can find the reference also websites etc. any source you can give me that is an authentic shia source please insha Allah thank you.

Salaam,

i dont have answer to all of them but first of all, beating and hurting yourself on ashura is haraam according to ayatollah khomeini (ra), also, i never have seen the ayatollahs or great scholars do this haraam act. Also, its haraam to hurt other people to let out your emotions, right? So why would we have the right to hurt and injure ourselves? Imam mahdi (as) is alive right now, but he doesnt stay in a cave, he can stay anywhere, and the shias, just like the sunnis, believe he will appear in mecca (doesnt mean he has to live there though). From what i know, shias do not believe aisha was an adultress, or that she poisened the prophet (saw), and also, we shouldnt curse her, though some shias do. Allah does not lie, this contradicts with quran completely, so whatever hadith you read from sunni or shia sources that contradicts the quran clearly, then its a fabricated hadith (even if its labeled as authentic). Also believe that Imam Ali (as) was the best of all creatures, aside from the prophet (pbuh), he never has sinned, he is in infaliblle, (just cause you repent doesnt mean you have sinned, perhaps one reason the imams repent is because they cant give Allah what he fully deserves, which is something NO creature can do, no matter what), he helped the prophet (pbuh) the most, and was most devoted to him, he was his true sucessor, as the event in ghadir shows, read the full story of ghadir, then you will know mawla meant master and not friend, i dont think prophet muhammad (pbuh) would gather all those people, just to say imam ali (as) is his friend? People already knew that, but the prophet (saw) told these people, so they know who the rightful sucessor is.

Edited by FatimaZahra

• Basic Members

Salaam,

i dont have answer to all of them but first of all, beating and hurting yourself on ashura is haraam according to ayatollah khomeini (ra), also, i never have seen the ayatollahs or great scholars do this haraam act. Also, its haraam to hurt other people to let out your emotions, right? So why would we have the right to hurt and injure ourselves? Imam mahdi (as) is alive right now, but he doesnt stay in a cave, he can stay anywhere, and the shias, just like the sunnis, believe he will appear in mecca (doesnt mean he has to live there though). From what i know, shias do not believe aisha was an adultress, or that she poisened the prophet (saw), and also, we shouldnt curse her, though some shias do. Allah does not lie, this contradicts with quran completely, so whatever hadith you read from sunni or shia sources that contradicts the quran clearly, then its a fabricated hadith (even if its labeled as authentic). Also believe that Imam Ali (as) was the best of all creatures, aside from the prophet (pbuh), he never has sinned, he is in infaliblle, (just cause you repent doesnt mean you have sinned, perhaps one reason the imams repent is because they cant give Allah what he fully deserves, which is something NO creature can do, no matter what), he helped the prophet (pbuh) the most, and was most devoted to him, he was his true sucessor, as the event in ghadir shows, read the full story of ghadir, then you will know mawla meant master and not friend, i dont think prophet muhammad (pbuh) would gather all those people, just to say imam ali (as) is his friend? People already knew that, but the prophet (saw) told these people, so they know who the rightful sucessor is.

im not sure about the incident at ghadir,maybe it was not clear. Because the Prophet (SAW) would have came right out and stated it. so this i have to look into a little more insha Allah before i can comment.

But if that was the case why were the companions in a rift about who would be the succesor? and why do some hadith say that The Prophet (SAW) put ABu Bakr as the Amir of the Mumeenin?This is where i dont know where to go with the info.If i say Abu Bakr (ra) was the caliph then others say he was a corrupted liar. But if Ali (ra) was the real caliph why didnt he stand up and say the messanger of Allah (SAW) appointed me out of the Qadr of Allah (SWT)?

• Basic Members

The answers for the wives and sahabas of rasool Allah Mohammad (saws) are in the Holy Quran and in the Sunni books and you don't have to look any further.

1. You already know about Mu'awiyah.

2. You already know from sahih Bukhari about Omar that he denied rasool Allah Mohammad (saws) to make a will on his death bed. Quran recommends making wills, but Omar went against the Quran and denied rasool Allah to make his will about the future of Islam. Of course, one can justify Omar's behavior with hook and crook.

3. Now for Aisha and Hafsa, the two deviant wives of rasool Allah Mohammad (saws), read the complete chapter 66 of the Holy Quran. It has twelve verses and here is a good Sunni site which has lots of translation of the Holy Quran by various translators:

http://www.islamawakened.com/Quran/

4. The Shia don't believe that Aisha was adulterous. As a Shia, I don't believe that she was accused of adultery. The stories of her adultery are the figment of her imagination and a figment of a very sick mind. The stories which are called the hadiths of Ifk are recorded in the Sunni books of sahih Bukhari and sahih Muslim; and these stories (hadiths) are very demeaning to rasool Allah Mohammad (saws).

I read surah 66 and i know what it says. but if they were so deviant why did the prophet (SAW) stay married to them? from hadith that i have read Aisha (ra) was jealous of the other wives of the Rasullulah (SAW) but never that she would go against Allah (SWT) and his messanger. i would never say she was deviant and i would never say she is cursed.THe issue as far as adultry is in hadith and people said this about her that she was a adulterer. so i think it was more than a " sick imagination". the hadith are not demeaning in my mind they clarify but at the time of the incident i bet it was demeaning until it was settled. I dont beleive these things were just simply made up. why do you say she had a sick mind? what is the sia opinion of Aisha exactly? and what are the accounts in your history which would make you say things like this?

• Advanced Member

im not sure about the incident at ghadir,maybe it was not clear. Because the Prophet (SAW) would have came right out and stated it. so this i have to look into a little more insha Allah before i can comment.

But if that was the case why were the companions in a rift about who would be the succesor? and why do some hadith say that The Prophet (SAW) put ABu Bakr as the Amir of the Mumeenin?This is where i dont know where to go with the info.If i say Abu Bakr (ra) was the caliph then others say he was a corrupted liar. But if Ali (ra) was the real caliph why didnt he stand up and say the messanger of Allah (SAW) appointed me out of the Qadr of Allah (SWT)?

Salam sister,

Before anything, ask your self this question that while the body of rasool Allah Mohammad (saws) was still hot and being prepared for burial why Abu Bakr and Omar left preparing the body and went to another town to get Abu Bakr elected by select few and Ali stayed and finished the burial of the Prophet?

If Abu Bakr was chosen then why he left?

• Advanced Member

I read surah 66 and i know what it says. but if they were so deviant why did the prophet (SAW) stay married to them?

Salam sister,

All of rasool Allah Mohammad (saws) twelve or more marriages in his last ten years of life were for political reason and that included Aisha too.

Imagine a person marries at the age of 25 to a lady of 40, and he stays married only to her for the next 27 years until her death. Then he marries twelve or more marriages in his last ten years. Imagine the psychology of that person:

1. either he has gone ... with advance age.

2. or the marriages are nothing but political.

from hadith that i have read Aisha (ra) was jealous of the other wives of the Rasullulah (SAW) but never that she would go against Allah (SWT) and his messanger. i would never say she was deviant and i would never say she is cursed.

Hadiths can be reliable or not. One has to take the total behavior of a person and her/his mindset.

How many times she erred. How many Muslims got killed because of her. Even she was warned by rasool Allah Mohammad (saws) about Jamal she got on the Jamal. Even after Jamal she didn't repent and kept the company of Muawiya.

BTW, the Arabic word, "lanat" doesn't mean curse.

THe issue as far as adultry is in hadith and people said this about her that she was a adulterer. so i think it was more than a " sick imagination". the hadith are not demeaning in my mind they clarify but at the time of the incident i bet it was demeaning until it was settled.

Open a thread for the hadiths of Ifk and we can discuss them in length. However, the hadiths are still demeaning to rasool Allah Mohammad (saws) till today, even the incident didn't happen.

1. Mark on him till today that he was married to a woman who was accused of adultery.

2. Mark on him that he went for two months like a chicken without a head, even though he was connected to Allah 24/7.

3. That rasool Allah Mohammad (saws) suspected her for two months for committing adultery.

4. Read chapter 24 to see what the people were called by Allah who suspect chaste woman.

I dont beleive these things were just simply made up. why do you say she had a sick mind? what is the sia opinion of Aisha exactly? and what are the accounts in your history which would make you say things like this?

You don't have to take anyone words. Just read chapters 33 and 66 of the Holy Quran about Aisha and Hafsa behavior both daughters of first and second caliphs of Muslims.

And, then read the Sunni book called sahih Bukhari about Aisha.

• Veteran Member

nonshiamuslimah I would also suggest to you to, consider 2 hadith,

The Hadeeth. That I am leaving you with the book of Allah and my Sunnah, this is a popular misconception. The fact is that there is no reliable basis for this statement attributed to the Prophet's (pbuh)

"I am leaving amongst you two things, the Quran and my Ahl al-Bayt, if you follow them you will never go astray." This authentic hadith from the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is narrated by over 30 of his Companions and recorded by a large number of Sunni scholars. However you can do your own research

• Advanced Member

nonshiamuslimah I would also suggest to you to, consider 2 hadith,

The Hadeeth. That I am leaving you with the book of Allah and my Sunnah, this is a popular misconception. The fact is that there is no reliable basis for this statement attributed to the Prophet's (pbuh)

"I am leaving amongst you two things, the Quran and my Ahl al-Bayt, if you follow them you will never go astray." This authentic hadith from the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is narrated by over 30 of his Companions and recorded by a large number of Sunni scholars. However you can do your own research

have you got this hadith in arabic at all?