Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How To Raise Hands For "dua"

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

i was listening Majlis of Molana Hafiz Tassaduq Hussain. Molana has taught six methods of raising hands during dua as per the saying of Imam Zainul Abideen (as). He also told the names of these methods which i do not remember. May be some brother give online reference of that hadith where Imam (as) taught these six methods of raising hands for "dua". However i am pasting them here without names as i do not remember the names of these methods.

1. First Method: The first method to raise hands for Dua is to raise hands in a way that your palm is just in front of your face and your fingers are pointing to sky.

It looks that by this method it means that you are reciting dua on your palm so that your needs are fulfilled and what you are requesting to Allah is written in your fate and taqdeer.

2. Second Method: The second method to raise hands for Dua is that your hands are horizontal. Your palm is facing towards sky and your mouth is near to your hand.

It looks that you are reciting your Dua on your palms. You are asking Allah to fulfill your need and put your needs on your hands.

3. Third Method: This is much praised method of raising hands for dua. The third method to raise hands for Dua is that backside of your hands is in front of your face. Your palms are to the other side. Your thumbs are close to each other.

It means that your all worldly means have finished and you are saying that O Allah i have no ray of hope except You. I seek your mercy and i am dependent on you only.

4. Forth Method: The forth method to raise hands for Dua is that your arms are full stretched and your hands are away from each other.

It means that you are desperate for your needs and extending your request to all in desperate manner. You stretch your hands when you are desperate to take a thing away from you. It shows that desperation.

5. Fifth Method: The fifth method to raise hands for Dua is that your raise your hands for prayer in a way that your two fingers are folded except the thumb and the two first two fingers. The two fingers should be moved slowly while reciting dua.

I do not know the logic behind this method but it appears that we are taking Waseela of Hasnain (as) (Imam Hassan a.s and Imam Hussain a.s) by moving our two fingers.

6. Sixth Method: The sixth method to raise hands for Dua is that you fold all of your fingers except your index finger (Shahadah finger) and thumb and then recite your Dua.

It appears that you are giving evidence that Allah you are you alone to whom i depend and i seek your help and your blessings.

Wasalam

Khurram Jafri

• Advanced Member

Thanks a lot bro Abbas :)

I admire the fact that you share all the knowledge you gain - may Allah s.w.t increase your knowledge endlessly :)

4. Forth Method: The forth method to raise hands for Dua is that your arms are full stretched and your hands are away from each other.

It means that you are desperate for your needs and extending your request to all in desperate manner. You stretch your hands when you are desperate to take a thing away from you. It shows that desperation.

I saw Sayyed Ammar in a lecture once telling everyone to raise their hands in that manner whenever asking for dua, I have emulated him since then, like you have said, It is very symbolic in the sense that it reflects a slave asking from his Lord, Thanks :)

• Advanced Member

salam.gif

bismillah.gif

Wasalam

Khurram Jafri

Almighty Allah bless YOU and all Momineens with lots of Ilm-o-Taqwa, Tawakkal-o-Mawaddat-o-Marafat, Love, Health, Wealth, Happiness, Joy, Success and Prosperity, in Sadqa of Muhammad-o-Aal-e-Muhammad ASWS, Aameen Ya Rabbul Aalameen.

Rabbay Sallay Ala Muhammadin Wa Aal-e-Muhammadin Wa Ajjil Farajahum, Ajjal Allahu Taalla Farajak, Wa Sehlallahu Taalla Makhrajak, Wa Zahoorak Wa Rehmatullahey Wa Barakatahu

• Advanced Member
3. Third Method: This is much praised method of raising hands for dua. The third method to raise hands for Dua is that backside of your hands is in front of your face. Your palms are to the other side. Your thumbs are close to each other

Hmm...does anyone have a picture of what this looks like; is it similar to how one would cover their face from the sun.

• Veteran Member

Very good post, may Allah reward you for sharing !

Jazakum Allah

Hmm...does anyone have a picture of what this looks like; is it similar to how one would cover their face from the sun.

Yes it is similar to how one would cover his/her face from the sun. But this is with both of your hands.