Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Asim_Abbas

Eid Ul Azha

Rate this topic

Assalam o alekum.

What I wanted to ask was, How can we explain/justify to a non muslim that sacrifise on eid ul azha or any other day is not cruelty?

Pls help.

It will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Regards.

(salam)

The animal sacrifice you mean?

Most people in the world eat meat, many on a daily or weekly basis. Adherents of Islam, Christianity, and Judaism believe humans have dominion over the animals, as long as they are well-treated and looked after.

JazakAllah

brother, yes I meant the animal sacrifice. Can you or any brother/sis here provide sources from bible that it is not forbidden to eat meat/chicken in christianity. If it's not too much work. :)

(salam)

Dominion of man over animals: Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." (Genesis 1:26)

Sacrifices: "When you sacrifice a thank offering to the LORD, sacrifice it in such a way that it will be accepted on your behalf. (Leviticus 22:29)

And when Abraham (as) fed his guests: Let me get you something to eat, so you can be refreshed and then go on your way--now that you have come to your servant." "Very well," they answered, "do as you say." Let me get you something to eat, so you can be refreshed and then go on your way--now that you have come to your servant." "Very well," they answered, "do as you say." Then he ran to the herd and selected a choice, tender calf and gave it to a servant, who hurried to prepare it. (Genesis 18:5-7)

JazakAllah

brother, yes I meant the animal sacrifice. Can you or any brother/sis here provide sources from bible that it is not forbidden to eat meat/chicken in christianity. If it's not too much work. smile.gif

You must have run into some vegetarian Christians. There is no biblical basis for a Christian to be a vegetarian. Maybe you could ask them for their sources. I'd be interested.

As for sacrifice: Numbers 19 describes the sacrifice of the red heifer. This was a pure heifer with no blemish, and not yet used for any form of work. Some believe that the OT sacrifices were "cooked", but there is a difference between an altar and a BBQ. Also the heifer was burnt in it's skin and blood, which is not to be eaten. True sacrifices were burnt to ash, as was the heifer. The ashes were used for the purification of the people.

In the case of eid ul azha, The animal is not actually sacrificed in the same sense as was the ram given to Abraham, but is cooked, and distributed amungst family and the poor. Whatever objection a Christian would have is based on a vegetarian belief and not a biblical one.

Plants have feelings too! If you murder an onion, does it not make you cry as well?