Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Backbiting Is Worse Than I Though

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam) (bismillah)

backbiting is worse than i thought, and also, you might say something and not realize your backbiting, read this. By the way, imam in here is referring to Imam Khomeini (ra),

Story 1

Imam’s wife narrates: One night after prayers, Agha (Imam Khomeini) was sitting and I was also with him. Our maid Fatema Khanom brought tea and placed it in front of us. Another maid was also busy gathering (things) in the corner. I said to Agha that Fatema Khanom is a very good maid.

Imam said: “Don’t backbite.” I said: “Agha, but I didn’t backbite. I said that she is very good.” He said: “What you said is good (enough to be backbiting) because the other maid can hear and it seems that you want to say that she is not good, and this is backbiting"

Story 2 (the sinfulness of backbiting)

One time, Imam called his family and said: “I had the intention to tell you something at a time when you are altogether.” Then he said: “Do you know how much sin backbiting has?” We said: “Yes.” Then he said: “Do you know how much sin killing a person has?” We said: “Yes.” He said: “Backbiting has more (sin)!” He then said: “Do you know how much sin unlawful acts and acting against chastity (i.e. adultery) is?” We said: “Yes.” He said: “Backbiting has more (sin).”

source: http://www.al-islam.org/completeman/

very good book ^ also should read this one http://www.al-islam....lama-tabatabai/

wasalam