Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Are Shia On Right Track.

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

As-Salam-o-Alikum

My name is Syed Mohsin & I am also in SHIA Community. I have Some Confusions & Questions about the Stupid traditions we have in our FIQA.

1- WHY we make TAZIYE, ALAM or ZULJINAH, if the answer is because of AQEEDAT than could any one please tell me that why don’t any of our IMAM Make these Stupid things.

2- Why we Don’t pray Zohar & Asar on its actual Timing, most of our Alim & lecturers have quoted that IMAM HUSSAIN A.S was martyred at the time of ASAR and he listen the ASAR prayers and recite the NAMAZ, the point is if IMAM HUSSAIN is praying the ASAR at the actual Time why not we are following it.

I have lot more Questions about our FIQA but can any one answer above questions.

Please Don’t mind about my Words just Cool down & find the answer.

Thanks & Regards

Syed Mohsin Ali

Edited by YaZahraa`
Personal information removed. Probably not best to post your details up on a public forum.
  • Advanced Member

Bismillah Al Rahman Al Raheem..

A1) The answer is very simple and no, not just because the Imam's (a.s) did it , it because its mentioned in the Qura'an....

Åöäóø ٱáÕóøÝóÇ æóٱáۡãóÑۡæóÉó ãöä ÔóÚóÂٮöٕÑö ٱááóøåöۖ Ýóãóäۡ ÍóÌóø ٱáۡÈóíۡÊó Ãóæö ٱÚۡÊóãóÑó ÝóáóÇ ÌõäóÇÍó Úóáóíۡåö Ãóä íóØóøæóøÝó ÈöåöãóÇۚ æóãóä ÊóØóæóøÚó ÎóíۡÑð۬Ç ÝóÅöäóø ٱááóøåó ÔóÇßöÑñ Úóáöíãñ"""""""Al Baqara 2:158""""

Lo! (the mountains) As-Safa and Al-Marwah are among the indications of Allah. It is therefore no sin for him who is on pilgrimage to the House (of Allah) or visiteth it, to go around them (as the pagan custom is). And he who doeth good of his own accord, (for him) lo! Allah is Responsive, Aware. (158)"""""""""

Then

Almai'da 5:2

íóÜٰٓÃóíõøÀóÇ ٱáóøÐöíäó ÁóÇãóäõæÇú áóÇ ÊõÍöáõøæÇú ÔóÚóÜٰٓٮöٕÑó ٱááóøåö æóáóÇ ٱáÔóøÀۡÑó ٱáۡÍóÑóÇãó æóáóÇ ٱáۡåóÏۡìó æóáóÇ ٱáۡÞóáóÜٰٓٮöٕÏó æóáó ÁóÂãöøíäó ٱáۡÈóíۡÊó ٱáۡÍóÑóÇãó íóÈۡÊóÛõæäó ÝóÖۡáÇð۬ ãöøä ÑóøÈöøÀöãۡ æóÑöÖۡæóٲäð۬Çۚ æóÅöÐóÇ ÍóáóáۡÊõãۡ ÝóٱÕۡØóÇÏõæÇúۚ æóáóÇ íóÌۡÑöãóäóøßõãۡ ÔóäóÜóٔÇäõ Þóæۡãò Ãóä ÕóÏõøæڪõãۡ Úóäö ٱáۡãóÓۡÌöÏö ٱáۡÍóÑóÇãö Ãóä ÊóÚۡÊóÏõæÇúۘ æóÊóÚóÇæóäõæÇú Úóáóì ٱáۡÈöÑöø æóٱáÊóøÞۡæóìٰۖ"æóáóÇ ÊóÚóÇæóäõæÇú Úóáóì ٱáۡÅöËۡãö æóٱáۡÚõÏۡæóٲäöۚ æóٱÊóøÞõæÇú ٱááóøåóۖ Åöäóø ٱááóøåó ÔóÏöíÏõ ٱáۡÚöÞóÇÈö (2)

O ye who believe! Profane not Allah's monuments nor the Sacred Month nor the offerings nor those garlands, nor those repairing to the Sacred House, seeking the grace and pleasure of their Lord. But when ye have left the sacred territory, then go hunting (if ye will). And let not your hatred of a folk who (once) stopped your going to the inviolable place of worship seduce you to transgress; but help ye one another unto righteousness and pious duty. Help not one another unto sin and transgression, but keep your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is severe in punishment. (2)

I suggest you understand these Holy Aya's before even embarrassing yourself the actual answers...

A story would answer you the best...

"Once our 6th Imam Hazrat Ja'far Al Saadiq (as) was seated at his majlis and there arrived a very relegious looking explorer who probably wanted to question the Imam (as), his question was Oh! Imam, please take me in your guidance and make me one of your best & nearest followers. The Imam (as) did not answer but asked one of his Ashaab - Janabe Naumaan(ra) to go and sit in the burning Tannoor..and he complied by exactly doing what he was told...and instantly without skipping any breathe was in the Tannoor which was gleaming hot with flames....to his surprise and at the order from the Imam, that person was in shock and could not understand what to say, Imam (as) kept busy with some of his other ashaab's and after a long while satrted to pay attention to this wannabe sahaabi who was still unmoved from what his eyes had withheld...The Imam (as) gently asked him, "Do you still wanto to be my sahaabi?" the man was again unmoved and silent like a cold rock, then the Imam Ja'far Al Sadiq (as) asked this bewildered man to accompany him to the Tannoor as to see what had happened to Nauman (ra).....Lo! after the Tannor was opened they saw that flames were ablaze and the heat so severe that it could be felt many metres away for the ordinary human but Allah O Akbar Nauman (ra) was sitting inside all well and the flames had not even scratched his body .....Imam (as)ordered the return of Nauman (ra) and he climbed out of the Tannoor in a flash as if he had not been in a well of fire but a garden of breezes and harmony and he looked more illuminated and fresh than ever before.............the man who had come to become the sahabi just walked away as he knew he could not ever in his life possess this kind of whole hearted loyalty and love for the Ahl Al Bayt (as)"

I would really like to go on but we have thousands of posts to cover..............please read ...and as far as your 2nd answer is cleared which is probably basic ....and when you do understand the answers i would surely be humbled by answering it too..

Jazaak Allah

Wasalam Ala Man Ittaba'a Al Huda

Edited by Faris-Al-Hujjat

As-Salam-o-Alikum

My name is Syed Mohsin & I am also in SHIA Community. I have Some Confusions & Questions about the Stupid traditions we have in our FIQA.

1- WHY we make TAZIYE, ALAM or ZULJINAH, if the answer is because of AQEEDAT than could any one please tell me that why don’t any of our IMAM Make these Stupid things.

2- Why we Don’t pray Zohar & Asar on its actual Timing, most of our Alim & lecturers have quoted that IMAM HUSSAIN A.S was martyred at the time of ASAR and he listen the ASAR prayers and recite the NAMAZ, the point is if IMAM HUSSAIN is praying the ASAR at the actual Time why not we are following it.

I have lot more Questions about our FIQA but can any one answer above questions.

Thanks & Regards

Syed Mohsin Ali

Shia islam is the perfect path , but im not sure about our typical shia followers. We are all corrupt . we are not the true shias of Ali(a) even though we say we are, but thats a white lie b/c we dont follow all of the sharia laws and we dont also do ebaadath all the time n many other reasons.....

Edited by Ali Zara
  • Advanced Member

As-Salam-o-Alikum

Thanks & Regards

Syed Mohsin Ali

Well regarding the second part personally i pray all separately. There is hadith that is permissible to pray them together, but i really dont think this means do it all the time everyday. I think it has become more of a lazy/custom attitude to combine prayers everyday even when there is no excuse. I mean if you could do it all the time then why have 5 different prayers.But thats my personal opinion. That thing about Imam Hussayn praying them separetly at karbala is a question i actually put to someone aswell.

• Veteran Member

(salam),

Dear True Syed, you should know better than to label our laws and cultures 'stupid'. Just because you are unaware of the reasons behind certain traditions, does not automatically make them stupid, and you claim that they make the entire Fiqh, stupid?

1 - If you ask people, they'll give you different reasons, and if they're sensible, take them all to be correct. Is it all that necessary that the Imams (as) must have done, whatever we do today? And if they didn't, then it is wrong? Besides, Imams (as) who weren't even given the freedom of speech, and were put under house arrest most of their lives, would be allowed to make copies of the standard of Abbas (as) and mourn over it? Sounds absurd to me.

My reasoning for the promotion of these traditions, is that many of them have kept old values and memories alive. If Alams are displayed today, as they are, people will begin forgetting the importance of Alams, and hence the importance of Hazrat Abbas (as), and God forbid, one thing leading to the other, people might forget the tragedy of Karbala.

Moreover, if seeing the Zuljanah, or the Taboot brings tears to your eye, you don't know how much reward you're getting; for shedding tears for Imam Hussain (as) carries immense reward. Why would somebody, in his right mind, want to eradicate traditions from Islam, which are a source of reward (indirectly)?

In general, everything is part of the remembrance of the great sacrifice, carrying huge Alams in demonstrations on Ashura, are meant for demonstration against the forces of Yazid and the likes of him. If nothing, it is a message to them, that we have not forgotten what they did to our Imam (as), and Allah-willing, never will forget. It is to show them, we remember each and every person's story, and each of their story is expressed by showing around something or acting out something representing one of each of the key martyrs from the house of the Prophet (pbuh), such as a swing representing Ali al-Asghar (as), Henna representing Qasim ibn Hasan (as), Zanjeer-Zani representing the chain put around Imam Sajjad's (as) and the ladies' hands and necks, etc.

Allah knows best.

2 - Please refer to: http://www.al-islam.org/organizations/AalimNetwork/msg00493.html

wa (salam)

• Advanced Member

I have Some Confusions & Questions about the Stupid traditions we have in our FIQA.

Behave your tongue before saying anyone/anything STUPID, this directly shows your STUPIDITY.

5 NAMAZ & 3 TIMES:

Al-Quran, Sura-o-Ayat 11:114

And establish regular prayers at the two ends of the day and at the approaches of the night: for those things that are good remove those that are evil, be that the word of remembrance to those who remember (their Lord).

Al-Quran, Sura-o-Ayat 17:78

Establish regular prayers at the sun's decline till the darkness of the night, and the morning prayer and reading, for the prayer and reading in the morning carry their testimony.

• Basic Members

The question still stands is that did Imam Husain offer Asr separately or together with Zuhr?

If together then the question is answered simply.

If separately the why did he do so? Why not at the first opportunity? Why delay it? and that too in a difficult scenario.

• Advanced Member

what do you say about Hazrat Habib Ibnay Mazahir (A.S) and Great Faqih had not qazza even a Thajud but in Karbala He had leave his Salat incomplete behind the IMAM(A.S) to save IMAM(A.S) from coming arrows and fences.

THREAD Heading should be : HOW MANY SHIAS ON RIGHT PATH? scenario is not different from Madina to Karbala, just was 72 .

• Veteran Member

The question still stands is that did Imam Husain offer Asr separately or together with Zuhr?

If together then the question is answered simply.

If separately the why did he do so? Why not at the first opportunity? Why delay it? and that too in a difficult scenario.

Sorry even Prophet (pbuh) was used to combine the prayers. Read your own Sahih Muslim. I can present least ten hadiths on the subject.