Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mehek

Aisha V/s Abu Hurai.

Rate this topic

AISHA AND ABU HURAYRA

What is the Sunni view on this

In the famous book "Taa'oueel Mukhtalaf Alhadith " by Ibn Qutaiba Al-Dinory, the story of Aisha (the Prophet's wife) telling Abu Hurayra; " You tell ahadiths about the prophet Muhammed that we never heard them from him"

He answered (as Bukhary reported); "You (Aisha) were busy with your mirror and make up" She (Aisha) answered him; "It is you who were busy with your stomach and hunger. Your hunger kept you busy, you were running after the people in the allies, begging them for food, and they used to avoid you and get away from your way, and finally you would come back and pass out infront of my room and the people think you were crazy and step all over you.

http://www.submission.org/had-corruption.html

Edited by Mehek

I do not have the book but it is taken from Quranites site http://www.submission.org/had-corruption.html

and some more contraversies among Aisha and Abu Hurrayra

Once two men came to Aa'isha and said: “Abu Hurayra narrated that the Prophet (S) had said: “Evil omen is but in women and sumpters.'' Aa'isha became very excited and said: “I swear by Him, Who revealed the Qur'an to Abul Qassim (Muhammad) that he, who told of this tradition, was a liar.”

Ta’weel Mukhtalif al-Hadith, pg.126.

One day he sat beside the room of Aa'isha narrating traditions about the Prophet (S). She was busy glorifying Allah (swt). When she finished, she said: “How wonder it is! Abu Hurayra sits beside my room ascribing traditions to the Prophet (S) and making me hear that. I was busy glorifying Allah (swt). If I got him, I would refute his traditions.”

Refer to Muslim’s Sahih, vol.2 section on virtues of Abu Hurayra, pg.358.

from http://www.al-islam.org/abu-hurayra/16.htm#_ftnref348

Now here comes a solid proof of lying of Abu Huraira

Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 64, Number 268:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

"The Prophet said, 'The best alms is that which is given when one is rich, and a giving hand is better than a taking one, and you should start first to support your dependents.' A wife says, 'You should either provide me with food or divorce me.' A slave says, 'Give me food and enjoy my service." A son says, "Give me food; to whom do you leave me?" The people said, "O Abu Huraira! Did you hear that from Allah's Apostle ?" He said, "No, it is from my own self."

http://www.iiu.edu.my/deed/hadith/bukhari/064_sbt.html

I do not have the book but it is taken from Quranites site http://www.submissio...corruption.html

and some more contraversies among Aisha and Abu Hurrayra

Once two men came to Aa'isha and said: “Abu Hurayra narrated that the Prophet (S) had said: “Evil omen is but in women and sumpters.'' Aa'isha became very excited and said: “I swear by Him, Who revealed the Qur'an to Abul Qassim (Muhammad) that he, who told of this tradition, was a liar.”

Ta’weel Mukhtalif al-Hadith, pg.126.

Couldn't find it on page 126 from my version. Would you mind quoting the isnad or giving me the page from the version by Dar Al-Kutub Al-ilmiya? I don't really trust Qur'anists all that much.

One day he sat beside the room of Aa'isha narrating traditions about the Prophet (S). She was busy glorifying Allah (swt). When she finished, she said: “How wonder it is! Abu Hurayra sits beside my room ascribing traditions to the Prophet (S) and making me hear that. I was busy glorifying Allah (swt). If I got him, I would refute his traditions.”

Refer to Muslim’s Sahih, vol.2 section on virtues of Abu Hurayra, pg.358.

Here's a better translation of the same hadith:

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/muslim/031.smt.html

Book 031, Number 6085:

'A'isha reported: Don't you feel surprised at Abu Huraira? He came (one day) and sat beside the nook of my apartment and began to narrate (the hadith of Allah's Apostle). I was hearing while I was engaged in extolling Allah (reciting Subhan Allah) constantly. He stood up before I finished my repetition of Subhan Allah. if I were to meet him I would have warned him in stern words that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) did not speak so quickly as you talk.

This really doesn't hurt Abu Huraira as much as you think, especially when you read the hadith that's right behind it:

Ibn Shihab transmitted on the authority of Ibn Musayyib that Abu Huraira said: People say that Abu Huraira transmits so many ahadith, whereas Allah is the Reckoner, and they say: How is it with Muhajirs and the Ansar that they do not narrate ahadith like him (like Abu Huraira)? Abu Huraira said: I tell you that my brothers from Ansar remained busy with their lands and my brothers Muhajirs were busy in transactions in the bazars, but I always kept myself attached to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) with bare subsistence. I remained present (in the company of the Holy Prophet), whereas they had been absent. I retained in my mind (what the Holy Prophet said), whereas they forgot it. One day Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: He who amongst you spreads the cloth and listens to my talk and would then press it against his chest would never forget anything heard from me. So I spread my mantle and when he had concluded his talk I then pressed it against my chest and so I never forgot after that day anything that he (the Holy Prophet) said. And if these two verses would not have been revealed in the Book I would have never transmitted anything (to anybody):" Those who conceal the clear evidence and the guidance that We revealed" (ii. 159) tip to the last verse.

Why, in your opinion, would Imam Muslim include the hadith of A'isha in a chapter called: "THE MERITS OF ABU HURAIRA AL-DAWSI AL-YAMANI (Allah BE PLEASED WITH HIM)" if this hadith was meant to attack him?

Now here comes a solid proof of lying of Abu Huraira

Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 64, Number 268:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

"The Prophet said, 'The best alms is that which is given when one is rich, and a giving hand is better than a taking one, and you should start first to support your dependents.' A wife says, 'You should either provide me with food or divorce me.' A slave says, 'Give me food and enjoy my service." A son says, "Give me food; to whom do you leave me?" The people said, "O Abu Huraira! Did you hear that from Allah's Apostle ?" He said, "No, it is from my own self."

Durr... No. Actually, it would have been a lie if Abu Huraira said, "Yes, I heard it from the Prophet." Subhanallah.

Edited by Lord Botta

My lord, you may have been spending your entire time on Shiachat trying to prove chains, but the very root of your hadith narrator Abu Hurraira admits himself that he has been making up hadiths himself and is clearly admitting himself as a liar.

One more question I would like to ask to you

How many hadiths in Sahih have been narrated from Fatima (as), the leader of paradise Hasan and Hussain (as), the leaders of Paradise, and their father Imam Ali (as) the most truthful?

and you have more than half of Sahih filled with hadiths taken from liars.

Durr... No. Actually, it would have been a lie if Abu Huraira said, "Yes, I heard it from the Prophet." Subhanallah.

Yeah he probably paused after the first part, and then said this stuff on his own by his tone which if we heard it we would probably think he is not quoting but then some people got confused if the extra part is by the Prophet (saw).

Why would a liar to the people fabricating hadiths say he is a lying on one of them, he would know that would reveal him.

It doesn't make sense. However, I don't trust Abu Huraira myself but not based on this hadith.

wa salam

Ibn Shihab transmitted on the authority of Ibn Musayyib that Abu Huraira said: People say that Abu Huraira transmits so many ahadith, whereas Allah is the Reckoner, and they say: How is it with Muhajirs and the Ansar that they do not narrate ahadith like him (like Abu Huraira)? Abu Huraira said: I tell you that my brothers from Ansar remained busy with their lands and my brothers Muhajirs were busy in transactions in the bazars, but I always kept myself attached to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) with bare subsistence. I remained present (in the company of the Holy Prophet), whereas they had been absent. I retained in my mind (what the Holy Prophet said), whereas they forgot it. One day Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: He who amongst you spreads the cloth and listens to my talk and would then press it against his chest would never forget anything heard from me. So I spread my mantle and when he had concluded his talk I then pressed it against my chest and so I never forgot after that day anything that he (the Holy Prophet) said. And if these two verses would not have been revealed in the Book I would have never transmitted anything (to anybody):" Those who conceal the clear evidence and the guidance that We revealed" (ii. 159) tip to the last verse.

This hadith should raise alarm bells.

Muhajareen and Ansar to busy? All this time they were under Rasool (saw), all these years, and of them whom were the first, left their homes, and busy with transactions.... and Abu Huraira is narrating stuff they don't narrate? And it's cause they are busy? lol pathetic excuse.

This my friend is the one that hurts him bad and if he said this, shows the bad liar he is (and people whom narrated and accepted his narrations are a bunch of people whom abandoned the noble companions, I would not follow any narrator of Abu Huraira, plain and simple).

Edited by Awakened

Also remember how you said there is hadith for almost every hadith from another companion, this suggests those were purposely fabricated to match his.... cause if the companions were narrating the same thing, people would not say that to him.

So there is something definetely something wrong here.

How many hadiths in Sahih have been narrated from Fatima (as), the leader of paradise Hasan and Hussain (as), the leaders of Paradise, and their father Imam Ali (as) the most truthful?

Eh? If my memory serves me correctly, the number of Sahih Sunni hadiths from those are higher than Shias... why did you leave out the Prophet (pbuh)?

Yeah he probably paused after the first part, and then said this stuff on his own by his tone which if we heard it we would probably think he is not quoting but then some people got confused if the extra part is by the Prophet (saw).

Exactly.

Muhajareen and Ansar to busy? All this time they were under Rasool (saw), all these years, and of them whom were the first, left their homes, and busy with transactions.... and Abu Huraira is narrating stuff they don't narrate? And it's cause they are busy? lol pathetic excuse.

You are aware that Abu Huraira was unemployed, right? There are many other reasons of course. Like that Abu Huraira lived a lot longer than most of the Sahaba, that he had a really strong memory while other Sahabis didn't narrate the things that they forgot, and that most of Sharia Law was developed in Madeena, not in Makkah.

Also remember how you said there is hadith for almost every hadith from another companion, this suggests those were purposely fabricated to match his.... cause if the companions were narrating the same thing, people would not say that to him.

So, Abu Huraira purposefully narrated hadiths that other Sahabis were narrating so that people wouldn't accuse him of lying? I hope this isn't your argument, because it is pretty ridiculous.

Eh? If my memory serves me correctly, the number of Sahih Sunni hadiths from those are higher than Shias... why did you leave out the Prophet (pbuh)?

My lord, What Sahih, your narrator who has admitted himself to be a liar, do you think your hadiths are really authentic?

Regarding Shias, our books are filled with hadiths from Prophet (pbuh) and his holy blood line. And we do not claim our hadiths to be Sahih if they contradict the Quran.

Regarding Shias, our books are filled with hadiths from Prophet (pbuh) and his holy blood line. And we do not claim our hadiths to be Sahih if they contradict the Quran.

Subhanallah. What hadith from the Prophet (pbuh)?! Akhi, please, don't challenge me when you don't know jack about hadiths. First of all, you start off by creating a thread where in which your arguments are based of a Qur'ani website. Secondly, your arguments are from Ta'weel Mukhtalaf Al-Hadith, which isn't even a hadith collections book. Thirdly, you are not even aware that Ahlul Sunnah wal Jama'a narrate more Ahlul Bayt hadiths than you folks do.

Al-Hakim Al-Nisapuri mentions in Ma'arifat Uloom Al-Hadith (Dar Al-Yamama p.64) the narrators of Ahlul Bayt from Sunni sources:

"Those that narrated the hadith from the children of the Prophet (pbuh) by Fatima, Al-Hasan, Al-Hussain, Al-Hasan bin Al-Hasan bin Ali, Abdullah bin Al-Hasan bin Al-Hussain bin Ali, Al-Hasan bin Al-Hasan bin Al-Hussain bin Ali, Ali bin Al-Hasan bin Al-Hussain bin Ali, Zaid bin Al-Hasan bin Al-Hussain bin Ali, Amr bin Al-Hasan bin Ali, Mohammed bin Amr bin Al-Hasan bin Ali, Al-Hasan bin Zaid bin Al-Hasan bin Ali, Musa bin Abdullah bin Al-Hasan bin Al-Hasan, Mohammed bin Abdullah bin Al-Hasan bin Al-Hasan bin Ali, Ali bin Al-Hussain bin Ali, Fatima bint Al-Hussain bin Ali, Mohammed bin Ali bin Al-Hussain, Abdullah bin Ali bin Al-Hussain, Zaid bin Ali bin Al-Hussain, Umar bin Ali bin Al-Hussain, Hussain bin Ali bin Al-Hussain, Ja'afar bin Mohammed bin Ali and Al-Hussain bin Zaid bin Ali. Those have narrated the hadith and there are two hundred men and women from Ahlul Bayt that have narrated the hadith."

For more information regarding the care that has been given the hadith of Ali, please refer to my posts in this thread, where you will see that there are more Ahlul Sunnah narrators than Shia narrators that have narrated the hadith of Ali.

I'd also appreciate it if you could quote some of the hadiths of Fatima through Shia sources. I hear that they are pretty few.

Subhanallah. What hadith from the Prophet (pbuh)?! Akhi, please, don't challenge me when you don't know jack about hadiths. First of all, you start off by creating a thread where in which your arguments are based of a Qur'ani website.

Firstly you denied then you admit that it exists in these books by stating

Secondly, your arguments are from Ta'weel Mukhtalaf Al-Hadith, which isn't even a hadith collections book.

Thirdly, you are not even aware that Ahlul Sunnah wal Jama'a narrate more Ahlul Bayt hadiths than you folks do.

Maybe if you include Wives, but still I have a further question to you. Do you have any hadith from Khadija (as) but your book is full of Aisha hadiths mocking the Prophet (pbuh)? How many of these hadiths you say are really Sahih and how many contradict themselves and Quran?

I'd also appreciate it if you could quote some of the hadiths of Fatima through Shia sources. I hear that they are pretty few.

I know the most common ones that is between Shia and Sunni like Fatima (as) anger towards Abubakr and Umar in www.abubakr.org

If you want further information you can really post your question in Ahlebaith forum of Shiachat or hadith forum or start a new thread

Edited by Mehek

(bismillah)

(salam)

1. Sahih Muslim, Volume I, page 34

"During the time of the Prophet, Umar Bin Khattab beat Abu Huraira so severely that the latter fell down on the ground"

2. Ibn Hajar Asqalani in Isaba, and Ibn Abd-e-Rabbih in Iqdu'l-Farid, Volume I, write that the Caliph (Umar Bin Khattab) said: "'When I made you the governor of Bahrain, you had not even shoes on your feet, but now I have heard that you have purchased horses for 1,600 dinars. How did you acquire this wealth?' He replied, 'These were men's gifts which profit has multiplied much.' The Caliph's face grew red with anger, and he lashed him so violently that his back bled. Then he ordered the 10,000 dinars which Abu Huraira had collected in Bahrain be taken from him and deposited in the account of the Baitu'-Mal."

3. Ibn Asakir in his Ta'rikh Kabir and Muttaqi in his Kanzu'l-Umma report that Caliph Umar lashed him, rebuked him, and forbade him to narrate hadith from the Holy Prophet. Umar said: "Because you narrate hadith in large numbers from the Holy Prophet, you are fit only for attributing lies to him. (That is, one expects a wicked man like you to utter only lies about the Holy Prophet.) So you must stop narrating hadith from the Prophet; otherwise, I will send you to the land of Dus." (A clan in Yemen, to which Abu Huraira belonged.)

4. Ibn Qutayba, in Ta'wil-e-Mukhtalifu'l-Hadith, and Hakim in Mustadrak, Volume III, and Dhahabi in Talkhisu'l-Mustadrak and Muslim in his Sahih, Volume II, reporting about the characteristics of Abu Huraira, all say that A'yesha repeatedly contradicted him and said, "Abu Huraira is a great liar who fabricates hadith and attributes them to the Holy Prophet

5. In his commentary on Muslim's Sahih, Volume IV, Nadwi emphasizes this point: "Imam Abu Hanifa said, 'The companions of the Prophet were generally pious and just. I accept every hadith with evidence narrated by them, but I do not accept the hadith whose source is Abu Huraira, Anas Ibn Malik, or Samra Bin Jundab."

And in reply to your earlier comment regarding Shia hadith. Let it be known that we are not so foolish as to compile hadith books together and label them as Sahih. Secondly you boast that you have narrated more from the Ahlul Bayt than Shias. Let me remind you that Muwaiyah ibn Abu Sufyan who ordered the cursing of Imam Ali (a.s) in the Khutbas (and there is sahih narrations from Muslim to account for this) and of course Atiyya ibn Sa'd and Hujr ibn Abi were put to death by Muawiyah for refusing to curse Imam Ali (a.s). Hujr and his seven companions were taken by Ziyad to Muawiyahs court and it was said to them "We have been ordered that if you show negative feelings towards Ali and curse him you shall be free to go, otherwise you shall have to die (shall be killed). Upon hearing this Hujr and his companions refused to do what they were asked to do, and Hujr replied I can't utter those words from my tongue that would anger my Lord! Following this they were killed, with the exception of Abdurrahman Ibn Hassaan who was sent by Muawiyah to Ziyad with the order that Ziyad himself should brutally kill him, and thereby, he was buried alive.

Sunni references :

- Histroy of al-Tabari, v4, pp 190-206

- al-Isti'ab, by Ibn Abd al-Barr, v1, p135

- History of Ibn Kathir, v3, pp 234-242

- al-Bidayah wa al-Nihayah, v8, pp 50-55

- History of Ibn Khaldoon, v3

Now throughout the tyrannical regimes of the Khaliphas Shias had been brutally murdered. During the Ummayads Yazid ibn Muawiyahs horrific slaughter and mutilation of Imam Hussayn and his family is well known. Frequently during the Abbasid era Shias were burned alive during Ashura processions. In 971 when the romans attacked the abbasid empire, blame was put on the Shias and the Shia city Al-Karkh was torched. It became custom during the eleventh century to loo the Shia town al-kakh every saturday. Of course you know yourself that the Shia Imams were all killed. Many were poisoned by the Khaliph at the time like Imam Ali-ar-Ridha (a.s) by Al-Mamun. Many died while being in prison on the caliphs orders like Imam Musa ibn Jafar (a.s) who was poisoned while in prison by Harun al-rashid. So really when you boast about how you have more hadith, take a second thought about how difficult it was for Shias to survive throughout history by the Sunni persecutions and how we are grateful even for the amount of hadith we have narrated

(bismillah)

(salam)

Now throughout the tyrannical regimes of the Khaliphas Shias had been brutally murdered. During the Ummayads Yazid ibn Muawiyahs horrific slaughter and mutilation of Imam Hussayn and his family is well known. Frequently during the Abbasid era Shias were burned alive during Ashura processions. In 971 when the romans attacked the abbasid empire, blame was put on the Shias and the Shia city Al-Karkh was torched. It became custom during the eleventh century to loo the Shia town al-kakh every saturday. Of course you know yourself that the Shia Imams were all killed. Many were poisoned by the Khaliph at the time like Imam Ali-ar-Ridha (a.s) by Al-Mamun. Many died while being in prison on the caliphs orders like Imam Musa ibn Jafar (a.s) who was poisoned while in prison by Harun al-rashid. So really when you boast about how you have more hadith, take a second thought about how difficult it was for Shias to survive throughout history by the Sunni persecutions and how we are grateful even for the amount of hadith we have narrated

Thanks for that information, and indeed still we have a group which call itself Sunnis still murdering us in the name of religion with false propaganda on internet as well as reality. May Allah hasten the appearance of our Imam Mehdi (as). Ameen

Edited by Mehek

Abu huraira a Yamni Jew (student of Ka’ab Al-Ahbar Jewish rabi apparently converted to Islam) These two defaced real Islam by launching the most lethal and the most outrageous countless forged Hadiths in history of Islam

Maybe if you include Wives, but still I have a further question to you.

Did you even read my previous post? I've included the descendants of the Prophet (pbuh). Be aware, that according to Ahlul Sunnah, he had more than twelve descendants.

Do you have any hadith from Khadija

Do you?

So, Abu Huraira purposefully narrated hadiths that other Sahabis were narrating so that people wouldn't accuse him of lying? I hope this isn't your argument, because it is pretty ridiculous.

No according to that hadith he was saying stuff all the other companions were not saying so this shows later people attributed same stuff to others. (so it shows Abu Huraira is foundation, odd how we narrate nothing from Ibn Saba and we are stated to be started by a Jew, but this two year convert doesn't ring any alarm bells, and btw - wasn't it Jews whom were envious of certain people God grace and then they reminded of the family of Ibrahim (as)?)

And him learning stuff Rasool (saw) did not teach to others, with two years, and because they are all busy (they passed all this time with him) but here comes a person in last two years of Messenger's (saw) life and is passed all this stuff they weren't, that's too ridiculous.

And what does he pass on anyways? Not some deep hidden knowledge... this stuff Messenger (saw) could not teach people in his Sermons, etc....

Come on it's quite a pathetic excuse.

And as for noble companions, they passed unscattered knowledge put it's place, they passed wisdom and whole a lot more knowledge then Abu Huraira can fathom, but you didn't get the right people so you think they narrated hardly anything compared to him! It's rather what you guys collected and from whom. Nothing to do with companions being in the markets not learning and not passing on knowledge and the wisdom they learned as they were purified and strove along side the Messenger (saw).

Edited by Awakened

1. Sahih Muslim, Volume I, page 34

"During the time of the Prophet, Umar Bin Khattab beat Abu Huraira so severely that the latter fell down on the ground"

Disgusting. Quote the full hadith. It only proves the truthfulness of Abu Huraira.

Book 001, Number 0050:

It is reported on the authority of Abu Huraira: We were sitting around the Messenger of Allah (may peace and blessings be upon him). Abu Bakr and Umar were also there among the audience. In the meanwhile the Messenger of Allah got up and left us, He delayed in coming back to us, which caused anxiety that he might be attacked by some enemy when we were not with him; so being alarmed we got up. I was the first to be alarmed. I, therefore, went out to look for the Messenger of Allah (may peace and blessings be upon him) and came to a garden belonging to the Banu an-Najjar, a section of the Ansar went round it looking for a gate but failed to find one. Seeing a rabi' (i. e. streamlet) flowing into the garden from a well outside, drew myself together, like a fox, and slinked into (the place) where God's Messenger was. He (the Holy Prophet) said: Is it Abu Huraira? I (Abu Huraira) replied: Yes, Messenger of Allah. He (the Holy Prophet) said: What is the matter with you? replied: You were amongst us but got up and went away and delayed for a time, so fearing that you might be attacked by some enemy when we were not with you, we became alarmed. I was the first to be alarmed. So when I came to this garden, I drew myself together as a fox does, and these people are following me. He addressed me as Abu Huraira and gave me his sandals and said: Take away these sandals of mine, and when you meet anyone outside this garden who testifies that there is no god but Allah, being assured of it in his heart, gladden him by announcing that he shall go to Paradise. Now the first one I met was Umar. He asked: What are these sandals, Abu Huraira? I replied: These are the sandals of the Messenger of Allah with which he has sent me to gladden anyone I meet who testifies that there is no god but Allah, being assured of it in his heart, with the announcement that he would go to Paradise. Thereupon 'Umar struck me on the breast and I fell on my back. He then said: Go back, Abu Huraira, So I returned to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him), and was about to break into tears. 'Umar followed me closely and there he was behind me. The Messenger of Allah (may peace and blessings be on him) said: What is the matter with you, Abu Huraira? I said: I happened to meet 'Umar and conveyed to him the message with which you sent me. He struck me on my breast which made me fall down upon my back and ordered me to go back. Upon this the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: What prompted you to do this, 'Umar? He said: Messenger of Allah, my mother and father be sacrificed to thee, did you send Abu Huraira with your sandals to gladden anyone he met and who testified that there is no god but Allah, and being assured of it in his heart, with the tidings that he would go to Paradise? He said: Yes. Umar said: Please do it not, for I am afraid that people will trust in it alone; let them go on doing (good) deeds. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Well, let them.

2. Ibn Hajar Asqalani in Isaba, and Ibn Abd-e-Rabbih in Iqdu'l-Farid, Volume I, write that the Caliph (Umar Bin Khattab) said: "'When I made you the governor of Bahrain, you had not even shoes on your feet, but now I have heard that you have purchased horses for 1,600 dinars. How did you acquire this wealth?' He replied, 'These were men's gifts which profit has multiplied much.' The Caliph's face grew red with anger, and he lashed him so violently that his back bled. Then he ordered the 10,000 dinars which Abu Huraira had collected in Bahrain be taken from him and deposited in the account of the Baitu'-Mal."

This is sickening as well. I have a copy of Al-Isaba in front of me. In it, Omar bin Al-Khattab confirms that Abu Huraira got his money truthfully and does not beat him. I'm looking at the version by Dar Al-Ma'arifa, which version did you get your junk from?

4. Ibn Qutayba, in Ta'wil-e-Mukhtalifu'l-Hadith, and Hakim in Mustadrak, Volume III, and Dhahabi in Talkhisu'l-Mustadrak and Muslim in his Sahih, Volume II, reporting about the characteristics of Abu Huraira, all say that A'yesha repeatedly contradicted him and said, "Abu Huraira is a great liar who fabricates hadith and attributes them to the Holy Prophet

This is a lie. I didn't find a hadith in which A'isha said this in Mustadrak Al-Hakim under the chapter of Abu Huraira in the Book of the Sahaba. Look at hadith #6167 from Al-Mustadrak. Ibn Umar has doubts regarding a hadith that Abu Huraira narrates. Then, he goes to A'isha to check if she heard it and she says that she did. Then Ibn Umar goes back Abu Huraira and says, "Abu Huraira, you were the one that stuck to the Prophet (pbuh) the most, and you were the most knowledgable when it comes to his hadith."

---------

I'd like to point out that I am not accusing you of lying, for all your are doing is copying junk from a site. I do blame you for not double checking your material.

No according to that hadith he was saying stuff all the other companions were not saying so this shows later people attributed same stuff to others. (so it shows Abu Huraira is foundation, odd how we narrate nothing from Ibn Saba and we are stated to be started by a Jew, but this two year convert doesn't ring any alarm bells, and btw - wasn't it Jews whom were envious of certain people God grace and then they reminded of the family of Ibrahim (as)?)

And him learning stuff Rasool (saw) did not teach to others, with two years, and because they are all busy (they passed all this time with him) but here comes a person in last two years of Messenger's (saw) life and is passed all this stuff they weren't, that's too ridiculous.

And what does he pass on anyways? Not some deep hidden knowledge... this stuff Messenger (saw) could not teach people in his Sermons, etc....

Come on it's quite a pathetic excuse.

And as for noble companions, they passed unscattered knowledge put it's place, they passed wisdom and whole a lot more knowledge then Abu Huraira can fathom, but you didn't get the right people so you think they narrated hardly anything compared to him! It's rather what you guys collected and from whom. Nothing to do with companions being in the markets not learning and not passing on knowledge and the wisdom they learned as they were purified and strove along side the Messenger (saw).

Awakened, have you ever bothered to read any Sunni hadith collection that contained the merits of Abu Huraira? I don't mean to sound obnoxious, but your statements imply that you haven't read much.

------------------

I apologize for double posting, but I'd appreciate it if some of the members here would try to dig up dirt on Abu Huraira from chapters in Sunni books that AREN'T entitled, "The MERITS of Abu Huraira." You'd have better luck if you looked elsewhere.

Edited by Lord Botta

(bismillah)

(salam)

bro lord, correct me but a hadith from whatever name or source is supposed to ultimately be related to the holy prophet (pbuh)

eg. what he said, or did, or forbid or not forbid.

does the quran not say that the best are the ansars and the mujahirs.

other than that you are absolutely correct in that we should not copy or source questionable sites without verification.

(wasalam)

I think these investigations are always going to be fruitless.

Whether true or not, the shia and the sunni have their own hadith collections, and in reality the basis of their own beliefs are based on these, so trying to prove someone wrong from their own books is not a great idea IMO.

I think the hadiths have been well checked by the authors of the big collections so that nothing "dodgy" will have got through.

One question I had though, is how many companions were there? and how many do we have narrations from?

I disagree. It would be true [to Sunnis] if he replied in the affirmative. It the beginning of the narration, it claims that the Prophet said it. Are we to consider it as saheeh?

Edited by gogiison2