Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Hanak

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaams

I'm hoping people here will be able to answer some questions I have on the hanak once and for all.

Premise: I understand the hanak to be a bit of a scholars turban undone and thrown over their shoulder.

Questions:

1. What's the reason for this?

2. Do all scholars agree this is agreeable practice? and for when?

One of the things for which sh Majidi was accused is wearing the hanak. Sayed Mahdi Modarresi recently gave lectures in Sydney, Australia and was wearing the hanak.

NB: I do NOT expect this forum to go into majidi controversies again - we had a 10+ paged topic on that already. I am merely pointing this out so you guys can clarify for me.

Look forward to your responses.

Thanks

ws

• Advanced Member

Most Scholars have the hanak during the time of prayers as far as I have seen and not all the time. Some of the Scholars do not believe there is a definitive position either on it hence they do not observe that during prayers or otherwise either. There are certain hadiths regarding the hanak in our books and as far as I heard from one scholar those hadiths many of them relate to the prayer hence many scholars observe it during that time.

And just to point out the controversy was not per say regarding the hanak with al-Majidi rather it was the Libas as a whole wearing it everywhere and standing out etc, coming under the definition of Libas us Shura. I am not looking for debate on this subject rather just clarifying to you the real arguement presented was.

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member

Most Scholars have the hanak during the time of prayers as far as I have seen and not all the time. Some of the Scholars do not believe there is a definitive position either on it hence they do not observe that during prayers or otherwise either. There are certain hadiths regarding the hanak in our books and as far as I heard from one scholar those hadiths many of them relate to the prayer hence many scholars observe it during that time.

And just to point out the controversy was not per say regarding the hanak with al-Majidi rather it was the Libas as a whole wearing it everywhere and standing out etc, coming under the definition of Libas us Shura. I am not looking for debate on this subject rather just clarifying to you the real arguement presented was.

Salaam

I questioned a lot on this issue when it came to surface. Nearly every authority in Shia Islamic Law has mentioned that the hanak is mustahab at all times, not only in prayers.

Secondly, the controversy was not with regards to wearing the dress code everywhere, because Sheikh Majidi and his students do not wear it everywhere! They only wear it in Islamic environments and during their lectures.

Also have a look at the traditions about the hanak, you'll find a great emphasis on it.

Wasalaam

• Advanced Member

Salaam

I questioned a lot on this issue when it came to surface. Nearly every authority in Shia Islamic Law has mentioned that the hanak is mustahab at all times, not only in prayers.

Secondly, the controversy was not with regards to wearing the dress code everywhere, because Sheikh Majidi and his students do not wear it everywhere! They only wear it in Islamic environments and during their lectures.

Also have a look at the traditions about the hanak, you'll find a great emphasis on it.

Wasalaam

With all due respect, it is interesting how you turn up on this forum and start posting. Perhaps it would be better to review your previous posts especially when in posting topics relating to Mr Majidi and co. In previous topics you have evidently made clear your views and stances regarding not just Mr Majidi rather the whole institution of Marjiyyah which you later removed in order to save your face.

Regarding the issue above, it would be better again to seek the truth rather than just assume everyone is wrong or does not know the issue at all. The issue was regarding wearing the libas everywhere and Mr Majidi and co did use to wear it everywhere. If you wish to see an eye witness account the perhaps you should review the previous thread on Mr Majidi where you had declared your open support for him.

I really find it ironic that a person of your calibre is trying to act confused on the issue given your post in this thread and in the thread abt Sayed Zaki Baqri when most of us know very well what where your loyalty lies.

• Advanced Member

Salaam

After many months of hearing both sides, I obviously have seen what I believe to be truth and what I believe to be false, however that does not stop me from listening to the other side, maybe they have come across something I havent, so I can learn from them.

Once again, please keep your emotions out of this, speak with reason and textual backing.

Wasalaam

Salaam

Salaam

After many months of hearing both sides, I obviously have seen what I believe to be truth and what I believe to be false, however that does not stop me from listening to the other side, maybe they have come across something I havent, so I can learn from them.

Once again, please keep your emotions out of this, speak with reason and textual backing.

Wasalaam

Salam dear member,

could you please provide your research for the rest of us to see. I had also previously tried to find stuff on the hanak but was not so successful. could you provide evidence for your statement in the first post. thanks

• Advanced Member

Bismillah ar-Rahman ar-Raheem,

(salam)

Point number 1, we want this to remain an academic discussion. If your interest is purely sectarian, partisan or one of a biased nature and you have nothing to contribute please stay out of this conversation.

We want to discuss the issue of the Hanak and whether or not it remains a practice which is Mustahhab entirely or just for prayers.

This topic is a contextual one and so I wish that everyone please post the ahadith they want to use as a basis for which ever view they support.

from Ahmad b. Muhammad from Muhammad b. Yahya from Hammad b. `Uthman. He said: I heard Abu `Abdillah Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã saying in a hadith: The best of clothing in any era is the clothing of its people.

Thats my hadith for the day, hopefully that will get the conversation rolling. In today's era our scholars wear appropriate clothing to which makes them distinguished and identifiable. Why would anyone wish to break from that Sunnah.

The ball is now in the court of the proponent of the Hanak.

Bismillah ar-Rahman ar-Raheem,

(salam)

In today's era our scholars wear appropriate clothing to which makes them distinguished and identifiable.

(wasalam)

Kafi:

ãÍãÏ Èä íÍíì¡ Úä ÃÍãÏ Èä ãÍãÏ¡ Úä ãÍãÏ Èä ÓäÇä¡ Úä ÃÈí ÇáÌÇÑæÏ¡ Úä ÃÈí ÓÚíÏ Úä ÇáÍÓíä (Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã) ÞÇá: ãä áÈÓ ËæÈÇ íÔåÑå ßÓÇå Çááå íæã ÇáÞíÇãÉ ËæÈÇ ãä ÇáäÇÑ

................Imam Hussain(as) said "Whoever wears a dress to/which attract attention Allah(swt) will cover him on Qiyama with dress of fire."

Also, courtesy bro Yahya 2004, wasail al shia:

from Ahmad b. Muhammad from Muhammad b. Yahya from Hammad b. `Uthman. He said: I heard Abu `Abdillah Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã saying in a hadith: The best of clothing in any era is the clothing of its people.

^^^i.e. not distinguished and identifiable clothing.