Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Sistani's stance on Sunnis

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Of course Sistani would say that.

He's a dove.

But even looking past Sistani: our problem is that even the most militant of our leaders would not dare speak out against Sunnis (even though their leaders are always calling us heretics and idolaters).

We are the minority. Our people have been historically oppressed by the Sunnis. Unity is their responsibility, not ours.

• Veteran Member

Personally, I think the Iraqi shia government and Hezbullah movement are much more fair to the Sunnis then the Islamic regime in Iran.

Apples and oranges

Both Lebanon and Iraq have large Sunni minority populations

Iran does not

• Veteran Member

I knows a Sunni professor who has taught in an Iranian university and now resides and teaches in a Saudi University. He reckons as a classic Sunni, he was more comfortable in Iran than he is in Saudi where he can not disclose his true faith at all.

Edited by abbas110
  • Advanced Member

Personally, I think the Iraqi shia government and Hezbullah movement are much more fair to the Sunnis then the Islamic regime in Iran.

Brother, the IR is not even fair to its own people (the `Ulema), so how can you expect fair treatment for Sunnis? :cry:

- Mansab

• Advanced Member

The Iranian Jews love it Iran. It makes me really wonder why ? Is it because Ahmadinijad is a from the lineage of Bani Israel ?

You are such a clown... Its kind of sad that due to the current media age people like you are given a voice (youtube channel) to spread their ignorance.

• Advanced Member

The Iranian Jews love it Iran. It makes me really wonder why ? Is it because Ahmadinijad is a from the lineage of Bani Israel ?

so you dont realize that ALL OF THE PRPHETS WERE FROM BANI ISREAL YET???? AND THEY WERE CHOSEN BY Allah ABOVE ALL OTHER RACES,AND THEY DID NOT EVEN MARRY OUTSIDE THE TWELVE TRIBES???????

Exception mohammed SAW who is their cousin from different maternity.

besides this the 'jews' are not bani Israel they are European converts.

If he is from bani isreal he would be related to ALL prophets........whats wrong with that?

Edited by Mohammed-W

You are such a clown... Its kind of sad that due to the current media age people like you are given a voice (youtube channel) to spread their ignorance.

The truth is funny ? The Jews of Iran are given more respect and freedom in that country than the Sunnis. If you want you can prove me wrong. However, I doubt you will be able to do this.

so you dont realize that ALL OF THE PRPHETS WERE FROM BANI ISREAL YET???? AND THEY WERE CHOSEN BY Allah ABOVE ALL OTHER RACES,AND THEY DID NOT EVEN MARRY OUTSIDE THE TWELVE TRIBES???????

Exception mohammed SAW who is their cousin from different maternity.

besides this the 'jews' are not bani Israel they are European converts.

If he is from bani isreal he would be related to ALL prophets........whats wrong with that?

The Pathans in Pakistan, India and Afganistan are from that lineage too. However, the Iranian president was born a Jew.

• Advanced Member

. However, the Iranian president was born a Jew.

O come onnnnnnnnnn. Dont tell me , you believe in the Ibn Sabba [Edited Out].............I mean some one inform Ahmedinijad, perhaps enlighten him, hes a Jewlaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Now isnt that a story, i hope Abdaal, you have not patented it yet, cos i am selling it, need to make a few grand........biggrin.gif

• Veteran Member

The truth is funny ? The Jews of Iran are given more respect and freedom in that country than the Sunnis. If you want you can prove me wrong. However, I doubt you will be able to do this.

Just one question.

Have you personally gone to Iran and been mistreated?

Edited by shiasoldier786
  • Advanced Member

The Pathans in Pakistan, India and Afganistan are from that lineage too. However, the Iranian president was born a Jew.

was born a Jew.....

what exactly is your point? to be fair no other leader goes to the UN and speeches them About Allah SWT, are you suggesting the blood in his veins is evil?

what is your point? or are all jews conspiring?.... jews are being put in the fireing line the evildoers will holocaust them tomorrow (again) if they need to. jews and muslims are suffering and being pitted against each other.

• Advanced Member

Nope, but I want to see proof that Sunnis in Iran are well treated and do share their voice in the Islamic republic. I've seen proof for the Jews of Iran, yet the proof for Sunnis in Iran is still missing.

different religions do need representation, different sects would be absurd, what if a sect tommorow claiming to be muslims with a new prophet desire a prescence in parliment? shia rule should be just for all muslims. if you do not agree with the sect ruling and are muslim you will not be pleased until two sects rule alongside. when have you ever seen this in history to request iran do it now? why cant sunnis integrate?

This is what Ayatullah Sistani (HA) has to say about Sunnis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATQC7as4gOg

:)

That's why we need to focus on unity.

if Ayatollah Al Sistani made this statement without taqqiyah, then that means Sunnis are Muslims and will enter Heaven, in other words there is no need to follow Ahlu Albayt where you can be good sunni and simply follow the three caliphs ?!!

was born a Jew.....

what exactly is your point? to be fair no other leader goes to the UN and speeches them About Allah SWT, are you suggesting the blood in his veins is evil?

what is your point? or are all jews conspiring?.... jews are being put in the fireing line the evildoers will holocaust them tomorrow (again) if they need to. jews and muslims are suffering and being pitted against each other.

Don't take my words out of context. I never suggested that Jews should be mistreated. However, I believe Sunnis should get more rights. Ironically the Jews are happier in Iran then the Sunnis. Its like the shias love the non-muslims more than the non-shias.

different religions do need representation, different sects would be absurd, what if a sect tommorow claiming to be muslims with a new prophet desire a prescence in parliment? shia rule should be just for all muslims. if you do not agree with the sect ruling and are muslim you will not be pleased until two sects rule alongside. when have you ever seen this in history to request iran do it now? why cant sunnis integrate?

Its not absurd that all. There were some Fatimid rulers who gave Sunnis high position in their empire.

if Ayatollah Al Sistani made this statement without taqqiyah, then that means Sunnis are Muslims and will enter Heaven, in other words there is no need to follow Ahlu Albayt where you can be good sunni and simply follow the three caliphs ?!!

If someone claims to follow the Ahlul Bayt, then the goal should not be jannah. Instead it should be closeness to Allah (swt).

Edited by Abdaal
  • Advanced Member

Don't take my words out of context. I never suggested that Jews should be mistreated. However, I believe Sunnis should get more rights. Ironically the Jews are happier in Iran then the Sunnis. Its like the shias love the non-muslims more than the non-shias.

Its not absurd that all. There were some Fatimid rulers who gave Sunnis high position in their empire.

What is your point in saying he is a jew? that is not out of context you said he is a jew in an accusation tone ....so again what is your point?

you answered your own question high position in their empire. still one system.

I never had a problem with Islamic rulers being shias. The problem is Sunni have no voice in politics. On the contrary, the Jews and the Zoroastrian have members in the parliament.

that is not out of context you said he is a jew in an accusation tone ....so again what is your point?

Yah, I am still curious to learn how he manged to get a high rank with that background.

Edited by Abdaal

I never had a problem with Islamic rulers being shias. The problem is Sunni have no voice in politics. On the contrary, the Jews and the Zoroastrian have members in the parliament.

The kitabis have guaranteed seats to ensure representation. There is so far as I know no areas in Iran where you'd get a majority Jewish population for instance, so reserving a seat ensures they have some form of presence in the parliament. This isn't the case with Sunnis however in that you do have areas in Iran which are majority Sunni. As such, elections in those areas are held like everywhere else, regardless of the candidates sect.

In terms of how Sunnis are being treated in Iran, give me a break. I've actually been there, and yes I've been in a Sunni majority area where I stayed with them for a visit at one of their madrasas (I did not consider myself Shi`a at the time). This nonsense of about how "oppressed" Sunnis are in Iran is just that, bogus nonsense. Oh sure, if your group is going to carry out assassinations and terrorists bombings in an attempt to secede your region from the "rafidi" state, or if your business dealings are in the drugs trade, yeah the government is going to have a problem with that. On the other hand, if you go about living your lives as ordinary citizens like everyone else, there isn't a problem. The Sunnis I saw (Hanafi Turkmans) had excellent relations with the government and the Shi`as in the area, sharing a madrasa with them in the main (Shi`a) city in the area where they would teach Sunnis Hanafi and Shafi`i fiqh, and having their own madrasa outside of it. They had such things as their own radio station if I remember correctly, and in general seemed pretty content with the relationship they had going on over there.

• Advanced Member

Abdaal, if you think it's bad that Iran "mistreats" or doesn't give Sunnis enough rights, then what do you have to say about them mistreating shias? The only people who do have rights in Iran are those who somehow can get a citizenship. There have been generations of Iraqi's born in Iran, yet you hardly find any who actually have a citizenship. And if they do not have a citizenship then they lose a lot of rights such as studying at a good university even if their marks were the highest of the country.

Show me proof that shias in saudi arabia are treated well.

Saudi rules are worst than the Iranian rules.

Abdaal, if you think it's bad that Iran "mistreats" or doesn't give Sunnis enough rights, then what do you have to say about them mistreating shias? The only people who do have rights in Iran are those who somehow can get a citizenship. There have been generations of Iraqi's born in Iran, yet you hardly find any who actually have a citizenship. And if they do not have a citizenship then they lose a lot of rights such as studying at a good university even if their marks were the highest of the country.

Shias should get equal rights. Therefore, a sunni should not see a shia to be any different then their own sunni brother/sister. Allah (swt) created all of us, and if we mistreat each other then we are disrespecting Allah (swt) himself.

Edited by Abdaal
  • Advanced Member

Yeah I understand what you mean, but I'm saying if they cannot even treat us right then how do can you expect them to treat the other Muslims right? If any sunni wants to be treated justly in Iran, then they should somehow try to get a citizenship. That's all I'm saying. :)

If someone claims to follow the Ahlul Bayt, then the goal should not be jannah. Instead it should be closeness to Allah (swt).

nah.. its Jannah ..

In Shia Islam following Ahlu albayt maintain closeness with Allah

In Sunni Islam following the the three caliphs maintain closeness with Allah

Two ways one destination ..

Edited by Tawazun

nah.. its Jannah ..

I didn't know Ahlul Bayt(as) were not required for this step. If that was the case I would have picked shia Islam.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

How confident are you that we can get to the same destination following two different paths? I am specifically referring to the hadith from the Holy Prophet(sawa) where he asked us to hold firm to the ahlul bayt so you will never go astray.

“I am leaving among you the ‘Thaqalain’ two weighty things or the ‘Khalifatain’ (two successors); the Book of Allah and my family, my ‘Ahlul-Bait’; if you hold fast to them, you will never go astray, for they will never separate until they come to me at the pool”.

Oh, and there is another hadith where the Holy Prophet (sawa) liken his family as Ark of Noah. Why are you not in the same boat like the rest of us?

Edited by Zareen
  • Advanced Member

Get off man ive heard this rumour soo many times that we originated from there but there is no concrete evidence

nah.. its Jannah ..

This is wrong. As Sunnis, we must love Ahlul-Bayt as well. However, modern scholars have shifted the focus away from them for good-hearted reasons. Although, if you've seen a video of the Grand Mufti Syria lashing out against this, then you'll see how wrong it is. To hide great personalities such as Imam Ali (ra) or Imam Zain-al-Abideen (ra) or shove Karbala under the carpet just because somebody may become Shi'a upon learning about them or Karbala is wrong. And so what if that person's becomes Shi'a? If doing so helps them get closer to Allah, then Alhamdulillah.