Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Sistani's stance on Sunnis

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I have been going through this topic and found that the discussion has not base itself on facts and rather on childish bickering of 'you are worse than I am'. So let me set the facts straight.

Al right lets start with the Sunnis in Iran. There are two major ethnicities that are sunnis, first the kurds and baluchies. First things first, Nearly all kurds are Sufies and Iranian government and the hauwsa in Qom have problem with all Sufies. There were big clashes in Qom between government and the shia sufies living in Qom. it got really bad as the news pointed out. And the Baluchies are all different story. The sistan Baluchistan region has been unstable for the past 150 years. A good example of the problem in sistan baluchestan region is the coalition and afghan government's problem in afghanistan. Because of the tribal nature of the region, it is extremely hard to deal with all the tribes and keep them all happy at the same time. Iranian government has the same problem with the arab tribes as well and well as other tribal ethnicities in Iran. But this does not mean that Iranian government is all good and rightous. It is a fact that the Sunni citizens have less right the shia citizens. They have their own parliament member but iranian parliament is a very weak institutions. In the regions where the large majority is sunni the mayor is shia muslim and not same ethnicity.