Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Qaid313

Is this considered wasting?

Rate this topic

Ya Allah

Salams

InshAllah everyone is doing fine. My dilemma is that I purchased a notebook computer a year ago and I also purchased an accidental warranty with it. Now this accidental guarantees that I get a new computer if there is a major accident. I don't use this computer at all; I bought it thinking about the specs (blu-ray, 512 nvidia card, etc) but soon realized it’s too big for me to carry around. Now I have promised a friend a laptop and he saw this one and wasn't interested in buying it. So my question is if I am to have a purposeful accident that ensures that the laptop can't be repaired, which means I get money for a new laptop, am I wasting and am I falling out of line with Islam.

Salams and Dua's

thewave

Ya Allah

Salams

InshAllah everyone is doing fine. My dilemma is that I purchased a notebook computer a year ago and I also purchased an accidental warranty with it. Now this accidental guarantees that I get a new computer if there is a major accident. I don't use this computer at all; I bought it thinking about the specs (blu-ray, 512 nvidia card, etc) but soon realized it's too big for me to carry around. Now I have promised a friend a laptop and he saw this one and wasn't interested in buying it. So my question is if I am to have a purposeful accident that ensures that the laptop can't be repaired, which means I get money for a new laptop, am I wasting and am I falling out of line with Islam.

Salams and Dua's

thewave

Its called CHEATING and not permissible.

I have "Life Insurance".

If tomorrow i go and hang myself somewhere just to claim my insurance, then this would be purposely harming one's self, which is not permissible.

I think this example can be related to your accidental warranty. ;)

Ya Allah

Salams

InshAllah everyone is doing fine. My dilemma is that I purchased a notebook computer a year ago and I also purchased an accidental warranty with it. Now this accidental guarantees that I get a new computer if there is a major accident. I don't use this computer at all; I bought it thinking about the specs (blu-ray, 512 nvidia card, etc) but soon realized it’s too big for me to carry around. Now I have promised a friend a laptop and he saw this one and wasn't interested in buying it. So my question is if I am to have a purposeful accident that ensures that the laptop can't be repaired, which means I get money for a new laptop, am I wasting and am I falling out of line with Islam.

Salams and Dua's

thewave

This is called "lying." Yeah, that's one of the problematic acts.