Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

A historical question ?

Rate this topic

Ali Zara

Salaamun Aliakum

where is Muhammad ibn Abi Bakr(pbuh), the great companion of Hazrat Ali(AS) is buried? i knw Malik e Ashtar(pbuh) is buried in Egypt. here is the link

Do u guys knw?

Edited by Ali Zara

• Veteran Member

Muhammad b. Abu Bakar was Imam Ali's governor in Egypt. [someone correct if I am wrong]. So if he was martyred in Egypt, there is a good reason to believe that he was buried in Egypt.

I'd write [ra] instead of [pbuh] after the name of Muhammad [ra] b. Abu Bakar - and make sure you put it at the right place :P

Muhammad b. Abu Bakar was Imam Ali's governor in Egypt. [someone correct if I am wrong]. So if he was martyred in Egypt, there is a good reason to believe that he was buried in Egypt.

I'd write [ra] instead of [pbuh] after the name of Muhammad [ra] b. Abu Bakar - and make sure you put it at the right place :P

I thought of the same thing. I guess Egypt.

On wikipedia -According to a Shi’a book:

`Ali loved Muhammad Ibn Abi Bakr as his own son and his death was felt as another terrible shock. `Ali prayed for him, and invoked God's blessings and mercy upon his soul. [5].

RA is used for those who we are not sure that Allah will be pleased with, But for Hazrat Muhammed there is no need for RA, cause of this line above. He's not (Abu bakr, Umar ibn al-Khatab or Uthman ibn Affan)

EDITED

Mod's Note: Cursing of the 3 "Caliphs" (Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman by name or number) and of any of the Holy Prophet's (pbuh) wives, as well as Sunni scholars is strictly prohibited. This involves cursing by name, swear words and defamatory language. The Moderator/Admin team also reserve the right to edit/delete posts or ban members in accordance with the application of these rules. This is the only way to keep peace between the 2 parties and allow constructive discussions.

Edited by Zareen
warning issued

• Advanced Member

Muhammad ibn Abi Bakr had a son named, Qasim ibn Muhammad. The mother of the sixth Imam, was the daughter of Qasim ibn Muhammad ibn Abi Bakr, Farwah binte Qasim.

So Our fifth Imam(as) married grand daughter of Muhammad ibn Abi Bakr.

Who was wife of Muhammad ibn Abi Bakr and what about his other children if had any?

I thought tabarra did not include la'an. Did I think wrong?

yes - this was said by Fatimah AS on the event of Fadak- " In every prayer I curse you and will continue cursing you until I see my father and complain against you." [31] Its an obilgatory act to curse these people.

My source - http://www.al-islam.org/peshawar/7.5.html

yes - this was said by Fatimah AS on the event of Fadak- " In every prayer I curse you and will continue cursing you until I see my father and complain against you." [31] Its an obilgatory act to curse these people.

What about the findings of this thread?

What about the findings of this thread?

the link that i have posted above is everything compare to the link that u have posted in reply. There is no comparison. Maybe some people like me are on the extreme side. But still its worth it.

• Advanced Member

^Weak. Mentioned in al-Imama wa al-Siyasa attributed to Ibn Qutaybah. We don't have any sahih chain for this narration.

w/s

Edited by Jondab_Azdi

^Weak. Mentioned in al-Imama wa al-Siyasa attributed to Ibn Qutaybah. We don't have any sahih chain for this narration.

w/s

Thxs for the clarification, But my actually question was about Muhammed ibn Abu bakr. Any Info about his grave?

Edited by Ali Zara

Yes, he was. However, his government was weak one so Imam Ali (as) wanted to replace it.

Any Info about his grave?

They put him in a donky belly and burned him . His grave is unknown in Egypt ,but the village which he died in still has the same name (kharbit-ha) .

Who does this to the son of the first caliph (ra) and a very ardent supporter and lover of Imam Ali (ra)? That's disgusting.

• Advanced Member

Yes, he was. However, his government was weak one so Imam Ali as.gif wanted to replace it.

Actually he hasn't experience in policy like Al Ashter or Qais bn Sa'd . He was angery because Imam Ali sent Al Ashter before him and when he got the chance he failed .

Who does this to the son of the first caliph (ra) and a very ardent supporter and lover of Imam Ali (ra)? That's disgusting.

As the brother pointed out, this was done under Muawiyah's order. When Bibi Ayesha (ra) got the news she was in shock. In fact after that day she never ate meat because of what happened to her brother. Also, Bibi Ayesha (ra) adopted his son Qasim bin Muhammad bin Abi Bakr (ra).

• Advanced Member

Yes after that Egypt became the subsidiary of Muawiya and governed by Amr bn Elaas .

Sermon 67When Amir al-mu'minin appointed Muhammad ibn Abi Bakr Governor of Egypt and he was overpowered and killed, Amir al-mu'minin said:

I had intended to send Hashim ibn `Utbah to Egypt and had l done so he would have made way for the opponents nor given them time (to get hold of him). This is without reproach to Muhammad ibn Abi Bakr as I loved him and had brought him up. End Quote

I think there is a historica mistake here , How Imam Ali intended Hashim while he was killed in Siffin ? Then he sent Alashtar when war ended and when has been killed in the road to Egypt , Imam sent Muhammad bn abi Bakr .

• Veteran Member

Muawiyah's henchmen.

It was actually Amr e Aas that was the real person behind killing Muhammad ibn Abi Bakr. Amr e Aas was the Governor of Egypt appointed by either Umar or Uthman and he loved it there. When he was taken out of that office by Imam Ali (as) he ran to Muawiya in the hope that by aligning himself with Imam Ali's (as) opponent in the hopes that Muawiya would win out the conflict and become Caliph. He figured if he would lend his support to Muawiya that Muawiya would reward him by giving him Egypt back.

They sent their henchmen to capture Muhammad ibn Abi Bakr on his way to Egypt. Poisoned him, stuffed him inside the carcass of a donkey and burned him.

http://www.al-islam.org/restatement/

Chap. 65

The Loss of Egypt

Amr bin Aas entered Egypt without any opposition, and when he encountered Muhammad ibn Abu Bakr, he easily defeated him. Muhammad had no army, and he tried to fight with a handful of soldiers. The Syrians captured him, and tortured him to death. Amr occupied Egypt, and it became a part of Muawiya's dominions.

Ali loved Muhammad ibn Abu Bakr as his own son. His death was another terrible shock he had to endure. He prayed for him, and invoked God's blessings and mercy upon his noble soul.

In 659 Muawiya stepped up his war of nerves against Ali, and sent several contingents into Jazirah and Hijaz to terrify people, and to destroy their morale. His policy at first was to strike a spark of terror and then to let the fire do the rest but his captains soon changed it into a phantasmagoria of violence and death. In Jazirah, Ne'man bin Bashir attacked Ain-at-Tamar with 2000 men; Sufyan bin Auf attacked Anbar and Madaen with 6000 soldiers; Abdullah bin Masadah Fizari attacked Tima with a force of 1700 freebooters; and Zahhak bin Qays and his followers laid waste the township of Waqsa. They killed all those men, women and children whom they suspected to be friendly to Ali, and they plundered the public treasury wherever they found one.

Edited by Akbar673