Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Splashback from toilet

Rate this topic

yahossein

• Advanced Member

Salam to the guys in the forum

Does anyone get this seriously annoying problem. Whenever you pour water three times after urinating, when the water runs off and goes into the toilet water theres sometimes tiny splashing back. Obviously coz its mixed with urine the water will be najis. Its not running water as well from a hose, its from one of those containers. Whats the best way to stop this? Its reallllly annoying as i frequently have to take a shower on the lower half of the body straight after using the toilet when theres splashback. I can see why some muslims here get these ground toilets fitted in their homes.

Edited by yahossein

• Veteran Member

Salam to the guys in the forum

Does anyone get this seriously annoying problem. Whenever you pour water three times after urinating, when the water runs off and goes into the toilet water theres sometimes tiny splashing back. Obviously coz its mixed with urine the water will be najis. Its not running water as well from a hose, its from one of those containers. Whats the best way to stop this? Its reallllly annoying as i frequently have to take a shower on the lower half of the body straight after using the toilet when theres splashback. I can see why some muslims here get these ground toilets fitted in their homes.

Lift yourself a little when doing taharat, kind of like a crouching position. It won't completely eliminate the possibility of splashback but will at least reduce the chances brother.

Salaam,

Just go easy on the washing. I certainly don't mean to be lax on it, far from it, but some people you'd think they were taking a bath in there or something, while in washing yourself from the "minor" operation only so much is really necessary. Using a smaller water bottle (like a travel bottle) for that instead of a watering can and be more careful on your positioning. If you're really worried, putting a few tissues below you in the water in the front can help prevent the splashing. As to the "major" operation, I have no advice. I go in the shower to wash myself from that out of personal preference.

WA wr wb..

you could squat a little before doing #1 so this way it won't splash. and you don't need to wash with the water container thing, you could do it manually as well to remove any najasah, so this way you should avoid this problem.

Edit: for #2 one could use a plastic 16-32 oz cup since it'll be easier to hold than those big huge watering containers. one can wash the insides of the thigh and the front private regions and you could flush afterwards and then do the back of thighs and back private parts. and afterwards you can do the rest manually if not reasonably satisfied that najasah isn't fully removed. or one could take a shower if you need one, of course shower used a lot more water, so if you're in need of a shower, then why not.

Edited by gogiison2

• Advanced Member

It's easier if you use a muslim shower because u can control the flow of water jet....but you people in USA...you dont have those, do you? Whenever I'm in america, I have this problem too. One of the best things about returning to Pakistan is that there is usually a muslim shower where ever you go.

• Advanced Member

Im in the UK actually.

I prefer either the really deep pan toilets which have a longer base and hence splashing is impossible. Or the traditional middle eastern toilets. They never splash ever.

Im finding that to have, how shall we put it, a number 2 its almost impossible to use these toilets without having to shower.

Do you guys find yourselves having to shower the lower body frequently after using the rest room?? This cant be a rare problem

• Veteran Member

Im in the UK actually.

I prefer either the really deep pan toilets which have a longer base and hence splashing is impossible. Or the traditional middle eastern toilets. They never splash ever.

Im finding that to have, how shall we put it, a number 2 its almost impossible to use these toilets without having to shower.

Do you guys find yourselves having to shower the lower body frequently after using the rest room?? This cant be a rare problem

Actually I do! That is why I try to hold it in as much as I can if I am not home and only do it after I get home in the comfort of my own toilet and shower.

• Advanced Member

Im in the UK actually.

Salaam

I think the only way to get out of this problem is to use toilet paper in abundance both before use and before tahaarat. This will also increase the cleanliness of the toilet as well as minimizing the contact of hand with najasat, if used purposefully.

Im in the UK actually.

The only thing I wonder about those traditional hole-in-the-ground toilets is that....what do you do if you have diarrhea :squeez:

• Veteran Member

The only thing I wonder about those traditional hole-in-the-ground toilets is that....what do you do if you have diarrhea :squeez:

Why would it be any different brother? The exrements still go in the hole and yu can do taharat afterwrads. In fact with those there is defintely no splashback.