Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Usage of Ya Ali Madad by a terrorist

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Karan Johar new movie Kurbaan has a scene in which one of the terrorist says 'Ya Ali Madad'

My question is:

1) Is it not wrong to associate 'Ya Ali Madad' with Suicide bombers?

2) Is it not tantamount to accusing Shias of having links with terrorists like Al Qaeda and Taliban?

3) Does it not sound like a plan to malign the shias and include them in the list of terrorists?

4) DO WE HAVE TO KEEP QUITE AT SUCH INSULTS and accusations ?

I leave it on members to decide their line of action - I felt insulted and have written to Karan Johar to protest against this - The Email addresses I used are:

info@dharma-production.com

garima@dharma-production.com

niluferq@gmail.com

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)(salam)

As it is, for myself, i would NEVER say ya ali madad. Sounds too shirky (if that's a word) to me.

(wasalam)

Im sorry to tell you that, but your reflexion is the same as a wahaby. They consider haram to say ya Mohamad (pbuh) , ya Ali(as) or ya Zahraa(as) .

• Advanced Member

My question is:

1) Is it not wrong to associate 'Ya Ali Madad' with Suicide bombers?

2) Is it not tantamount to accusing Shias of having links with terrorists like Al Qaeda and Taliban?

3) Does it not sound like a plan to malign the shias and include them in the list of terrorists?

4) DO WE HAVE TO KEEP QUITE AT SUCH INSULTS and accusations ?

First of all, what does "madad" mean? I have never heard this before, except here on shiachat. I would like to know the meaning. Thanks!

To answer your questions....

1) Yes

2)YES

3)YEEESSSSS

4)no

Who created this movie and who supports it?, i would like to know....

I think it is bad to label a group as terrorists or to give a bad name to a group or community of people. This is spreading ignorance and it is wrong. Spreading the truth however, cannot be harmful in my opinion. To educate others on islam and the reality of its people is a good thing.

Was it a good movie overall? I would like to see it if it is....

• Advanced Member

First of all, what does "madad" mean? I have never heard this before, except here on shiachat. I would like to know the meaning. Thanks!

To answer your questions....

1) Yes

2)YES

3)YEEESSSSS

4)no

Who created this movie and who supports it?, i would like to know....

I think it is bad to label a group as terrorists or to give a bad name to a group or community of people. This is spreading ignorance and it is wrong. Spreading the truth however, cannot be harmful in my opinion. To educate others on islam and the reality of its people is a good thing.

Was it a good movie overall? I would like to see it if it is....

Madad = Ask for help.

Ya Ali Madad = help Ya Ali.

Movie is created by one of the Gay directors in India " Karan johar".

Can't give a review on the movie, as i have not seen it.

• Veteran Member

(salam),

I believe you've not been through the complete story. There is not just one scene. There are two complete songs which denounce Islam, Allah and Imam Ali (as).

Infact, it's not the first time, 'Ya Ali Madad' is being said in an Indian movie. It was also used by Sanjay Dutt (a Hindu actor) in another movie, I fail to remember the name of.

Listen to the following song, very carefully:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztpEWxQ5s7o

[WARNING: Music and dancing]

First, in the beginning you will hear,

'La fatha illah Ali, La Saif illah Zulfiqar'

This especially shows, how the song is directed towards Shia Muslims.

Second, a normal non-Muslim who listens to the song, can hardly distinguish who the terrorist (who is singing the song in the movie) is asking help from, Allah or Imam Ali (as).

Third, a terrorist is shown to seek Allah's help to carry out his bombings and killings, giving the impression that all terrorists are Muslims and all Muslims are terrorists.

Fourth, music is being played in the background, which is Haram, in both Sunni and Shia faith.

Then there is the other song, called 'Shukran Allah'. You can find it's video on YouTube, it's 'R' rated so I can't post it here.

The song has the two words, Shukran Allah, Walhamdo Lillah recurring in it, very often.

The music video shows physical relations between a man and a woman, while the song is being played, which is absolutely disgraceful. And ofcourse again, music is Haram in itself.

A petition was filed in the Bombay High Court to stay the release of movie after claims that two of the songs in the movie were obscene. The court declined to stay the release, and sought the responses of Karan Johar, Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor. See the below article about it:

http://sify.com/news/Bombay-High-Court-allows-release-of-Karan-Johar-39-s-39-Kurbaan-39-news-National-jltrOcbibbd.html

(wasalam)

Basim Ali Jafri