Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
AliSaleh

why is smoking weed so bad?

Rate this topic

In my opinion its also haram to trust all the scientific studies as if they were holy scriptures. From the time that science was cut off from the divine "unity" its data are constantly upset. Western science is based on false assumptions, just experimentally verified but in reality they don't prove something (but this is great and loooooooong debate). The dogmatic faith in them causing much greater damage to the relationship with Allah from consumption of cannabis. So the rejection of any psychotropic substance should be expressed in other words .. The western world after the prevalence of secularism thought that caused the "repulsion" of the divine intervention from daily activities.

The secularization, was precisely the attempt of de-mystification of human life. It was the passage from activity to process... The transformation of everyday life into routine. This is the apparent prevalence of realistic at the expense of True.Realistic cause boredom, neuroses and psychoses . Eventually everybody is trying to escape from realistic since the "return to the womb" is impossible. Therefore distancing from the realistic "achieved" with realistic substitutes of Truth,that are never enough and people ask for more(rights) and more(drugs) and more(fantastic "sexual" identities). One of these is hemp(in its western use).

So a Marja does not forbid anything, but contrary he shows to the faithful the truth. For example the intervention of truth, during an experiential prayer experience, and reveals the non-truth of cannabis consumption. The role of Marja in this case is the replacement of substitutes with the constant intervention of divine truth in everyday life.

So no one can say with certainty(since its not written in Holy Quran) if cannabis is harmful or not.

No one also can say that cannabis disrupts the relationship with God, because when someone resorts to its use, means that his relationship with Allah is already impaired(faith is the absolute and unique transcedental experience that bless the realistic and annihilate routine). In this case we have a relative "loss of faith" (hence the need for escapism-the psychotropics foster a kind of distancing from reality.. But the important is to bring the truth in reality again,namely to make again reality part of the truth and detach it from fantasy..).

I agree that cannabis has a huge history in the Islamic world (remember the Assasins, the Qaramita and many mystics and Sufis). The use, however, was strictly confined to the periphery of Ummah. For example the users were either some Mystics, Sufis and sects(Which had reached a higher stage of consiousness that "allowed" them to experiment with psychotropics, to achieve the total appeasement of Nafs-the inferior ,influenced, and passionate human nature) either the "marginal ones" who lived in a "negative" sacred situation(in non western societies of course,of course,of course-west jailed,burned and torture them)between society and inhumanity.They had their own "dark" mystical role(e.g to ensure balance or to exorcize with symbolic way,the invasions of the realistic from the "suburbs" of the community of the faithful-at the cost of their after-death punishment/anti-martyrdom).Things were similar in any real civilization(except from western potato) and there are still very obvious in the next great civilization of mankind,the Indian one(eg Hinduism-Tantra)..

dont dare to answer Mu(rb)-scl-es your sarcasm is boring and idiot,dont use also your second nickname.. :shaytan: :shaytan:

Edited by Anti-Consumer

Its better to take controlled drugs such as Tegretol than drinking whisky or smoking pot (You can confirm this from any legally licensed neurologist). The difference between these drugs is that one is taken regulary as a medicine to treat mental illness' and for treatment of seizure, alcoholism or addiction of other drugs. On the other hand, drugs such as pot has the potential to force mankind (i-e you & me) to behave abruptly and fall into "sins".

I have been down this road with many of my doctors. For example, I have scoliosis, the doctors wanted to give me Codiene or (as one recommended) Oxycontin. I could take these heavy opiates and run the risk of becoming addicted or I could (like I have) decided that I rather do stretching exercises like yoga and exercises such as push ups, sit ups, military push downs, etc. along with smoking cannabis which relaxes my muscles and helps the pain. Same thing with my medication for my clinical depression and anxiety, I could take the pills they give such as Xanax and so on but these drugs are highly addictive and can (with long-term use) effect my body negatively in a way that cannabis wouldn't. I am not like most people, I am not and will not be taking these medications temporarily, which is to say I need these medications long-term and will have to be on them the rest of my life. So instead of using highly addictive drugs that could ruin my liver, kidneys, and so on I have decided that I rather smoke cannabis and take pills such as Buspar, Lexapro, and so on which aren't addictive, are the most tolerated by all groups of patients and which won't ruin my organs. I don't see cannabis as being this miracle drug however in terms of helping me with my chronic back pain, depression and anxiety, it's certainly a very helpful plant in addition to my exercise regiment and my prescribed medication.

A lot of people that aren't used to the long-term pill deal and society in general seem to think that anything given to you by a doctor is inherently better than natural substances such as cannabis which have been used medically for thousands of years. In China, for example, it was used traditionally for everything from stomach pains to menstrual pains. The truth is Codiene, Xanax and Oxycontin are the real gateway drugs that have led many to addiction and to seek other drugs such as heroin. I would much rather smoke a pipe full of cannabis and feel better than pop a Xanax bar and risk the chance of addiction not to mention the side-effects that come with these drugs anyway. Also, regardless of whether or not a doctor gives you a slip or not, a lot of these drugs are more intoxicating and harmful to you than cannabis ever could be. It's easy for people to pop these pills worry free because a doctor says it's ok and they need it. It's equally easy to take these because you like it's effects even if you legitimately need them or not.

To compare, I would say between cannabis or xanax, cannabis would leave you more clear headed and would be far less likely to lead you into sin and make you behave impulsivily than cannabis. The same could be said between cannabis and the majority of other substances such as Codiene, methylphenidate (Concerta, Ritalin, Metadate), alprazolam (Xanax), clonzapam (Klonopin), etc. In fact what is most alarming is we give drugs such as Concerta and Ritalin to children when certain studies have shown that it works within the brain the way in which drugs like cocaine do, yet this is the same society that says cannabis and the use of (medically or recreationally) is wrong?

Not only that studies have shown that cannabis can be used to get people off more harmful drugs such as alcohol and heroin. I myself credit cannabis and Islam with helping me quit cocaine, PCP and ketamine and have met 2 individuals in NA (Narcotics Anonymous) that have told me personally that it helped them get through the detox process while they were trying to quit heroin and oxies.

p.s cannabis has side effects such as nervousness and hallucinations resulting in panic attacks. So plz don't consider it as your messiah.

Every drug effects everyone differently. Some people load up on coffee and freak out if the coffee machine is broken in the office whereas some people are sensitive to caffiene and can't tolerate energy drinks or coffee. Cannabis doesn't cause any hallucinations (either visual or auditory) with me and I have never heard of nor experinced anyone who has had them due to the use of cannabis and it doesn't increase my anxiety/nervousness rather (again) it greatly reduces it and makes it much more manageable. I have not had any psychotic episodes nor have I had any symptoms of psychosis, even my sheet says so. I have seen people however hallucinate due the use of cocaine, heroin, booze, prescription drugs and so on.

I also don't see cannabis as my moshiach, I see it as a helpful tool to deal with medical issues and a pleasure sent by Allah (SAW).

Go to the Torah and read Genesis 1:27.

"I give unto you all the seed bearing plants for your consumption."-Genesis 1:27

Those who smoke pot, often smoke tobacco as well - a double whammy. Inhaling heated soot particles into your lungs also probably does a good job of whiping out cilia used for cleaning the unwanted detritus out of the fragile bronchial air ways. Tar from unfiltered cigarettes of any kind has a much greater chance of permanently sticking to the walls, futher helped by the increased length of time that the smoke is held in the lungs.

Using a vaporizer greatly reduces the harm of smoking, whether it be tobacco or cannabis. In regards to cannabis specifically it reduces the carcinogen levels by 95% (roughly) due to the way in which it works. Also, you don't have to smoke cannabis to use cannabis, you can also put in butter and use it for cooking, which some doctors recommend for patients with serious illnesses.

I will answer more comments later, probably tomorrow.

Edited by Frosty

I have been down this road with many of my doctors. For example, I have scoliosis, the doctors wanted to give me Codiene or (as one recommended) Oxycontin. I could take these heavy opiates and run the risk of becoming addicted or I could (like I have) decided that I rather do stretching exercises like yoga and exercises such as push ups, sit ups, military push downs, etc. along with smoking cannabis which relaxes my muscles and helps the pain. Same thing with my medication for my clinical depression and anxiety, I could take the pills they give such as Xanax and so on but these drugs are highly addictive and can (with long-term use) effect my body negatively in a way that cannabis wouldn't. I am not like most people, I am not and will not be taking these medications temporarily, which is to say I need these medications long-term and will have to be on them the rest of my life. So instead of using highly addictive drugs that could ruin my liver, kidneys, and so on I have decided that I rather smoke cannabis and take pills such as Buspar, Lexapro, and so on which aren't addictive, are the most tolerated by all groups of patients and which won't ruin my organs. I don't see cannabis as being this miracle drug however in terms of helping me with my chronic back pain, depression and anxiety, it's certainly a very helpful plant in addition to my exercise regiment and my prescribed medication.

A lot of people that aren't used to the long-term pill deal and society in general seem to think that anything given to you by a doctor is inherently better than natural substances such as cannabis which have been used medically for thousands of years. In China, for example, it was used traditionally for everything from stomach pains to menstrual pains. The truth is Codiene, Xanax and Oxycontin are the real gateway drugs that have led many to addiction and to seek other drugs such as heroin. I would much rather smoke a pipe full of cannabis and feel better than pop a Xanax bar and risk the chance of addiction not to mention the side-effects that come with these drugs anyway. Also, regardless of whether or not a doctor gives you a slip or not, a lot of these drugs are more intoxicating and harmful to you than cannabis ever could be. It's easy for people to pop these pills worry free because a doctor says it's ok and they need it. It's equally easy to take these because you like it's effects even if you legitimately need them or not.

To compare, I would say between cannabis or xanax, cannabis would leave you more clear headed and would be far less likely to lead you into sin and make you behave impulsivily than cannabis. The same could be said between cannabis and the majority of other substances such as Codiene, methylphenidate (Concerta, Ritalin, Metadate), alprazolam (Xanax), clonzapam (Klonopin), etc. In fact what is most alarming is we give drugs such as Concerta and Ritalin to children when certain studies have shown that it works within the brain the way in which drugs like cocaine do, yet this is the same society that says cannabis and the use of (medically or recreationally) is wrong?

Not only that studies have shown that cannabis can be used to get people off more harmful drugs such as alcohol and heroin. I myself credit cannabis and Islam with helping me quit cocaine, PCP and ketamine and have met 2 individuals in NA (Narcotics Anonymous) that have told me personally that it helped them get through the detox process while they were trying to quit heroin and oxies.

Every drug effects everyone differently. Some people load up on coffee and freak out if the coffee machine is broken in the office whereas some people are sensitive to caffiene and can't tolerate energy drinks or coffee. Cannabis doesn't cause any hallucinations (either visual or auditory) with me and I have never heard of nor experinced anyone who has had them due to the use of cannabis and it doesn't increase my anxiety/nervousness rather (again) it greatly reduces it and makes it much more manageable. I have not had any psychotic episodes nor have I had any symptoms of psychosis, even my sheet says so. I have seen people however hallucinate due the use of cocaine, heroin, booze, prescription drugs and so on.

I also don't see cannabis as my moshiach, I see it as a helpful tool to deal with medical issues and a pleasure sent by Allah (SAW).

Go to the Torah and read Genesis 1:27.

"I give unto you all the seed bearing plants for your consumption."-Genesis 1:27

Using a vaporizer greatly reduces the harm of smoking, whether it be tobacco or cannabis. In regards to cannabis specifically it reduces the carcinogen levels by 95% (roughly) due to the way in which it works. Also, you don't have to smoke cannabis to use cannabis, you can also put in butter and use it for cooking, which some doctors recommend for patients with serious illnesses.

I will answer more comments later, probably tomorrow.

I totally agree that all the legal medical stuff from lexotan to Xanax,vulbegal, stedon, tavor, are much more hard drugs from cannabis,and many drug users consume them simply as any other illegal drugs(xtc,mdma,Lsd).

if you were into special k,cocaine and pcp smoking,then yes cannabis smoking can help you a lot..

I have friends that after one or two years of cannabis consuming overcame their addiction problems from dirty chemical stuff or from alcohol.

But i must admit that this should not last forever,I hope that soon you will not need even Cannabis and your faith and piety as also a love in your life, will be enough to complete yourself. You are in good path and everyone here must encourage you because drugs addiction is something that no one understands in depth if never had the experience of familiar cases.

But i must admit that this should not last forever,I hope that soon you will not need even Cannabis and your faith and piety as also a love in your life, will be enough to complete yourself.

(bismillah) (salam)

I feel complete with life, love life and my faith and piety is not affected by my use of cannabis. It's my opinion that cannabis, along with tea and tobacco do not affect piety/faith and that the use of cannabis is similiar to the use of tea and tobacco. I do appreciate your words brother.

(bismillah) (salam)

I feel complete with life, love life and my faith and piety is not affected by my use of cannabis. It's my opinion that cannabis, along with tea and tobacco do not affect piety/faith and that the use of cannabis is similiar to the use of tea and tobacco. I do appreciate your words brother.

:) ,nothing bro..You know better yourself ;) ,etherwhelse Cannabis has a long spiritual history in Ismaili sect :)

Weed is bad because it makes you stupid...

this is not just science i've experienced..

dont ask -__-

Weed doesn't make you stupid. If you were stupid before weed, you'll be stupid during weed and after weed. ;)

Edited by Frosty

For the sick people, it may be debatable whether cannabis (weed) is helpful. But it certainly cannot be allowed to be consumed for pleasure considering its ill effects. Therefore a person already ill who finds comfort in its use might be an exception. However, a sick person should not try to argue with people who are warning other normal people of cannabis' significantly unhealthy consequences by using his own example as a justification. That is... absurd.

But it certainly cannot be allowed to be consumed for pleasure considering its ill effects.

That's debatable.

Therefore a person already ill who finds comfort in its use might be an exception. However, a sick person should not try to argue with people who are warning other normal people of cannabis' significantly unhealthy consequences by using his own example as a justification. That is... absurd.

I don't think you get what exactly I'm arguing and in all do fairness, it appears that a lot of the posts in this thread have been deleted.

That's debatable.

No. Fortunately, for most of us, it isn't.

Pointing to Imam Khomeini's warns against organized plots for making the youth away from their religious motivations, the IR Leader said, "The enemy tries to leads the youth astray through drugs and sensual affairs to block progress of the Iranian nation. The nation and officials should be vigilant against these plots and make serious efforts in this regard."

http://www.leader.ir/langs/en/?p=contentShow&id=3906

if smoking weed, which is clearly not stated as haram in the quran(its not an intoxicant), why is it haram? if i smoke it and it never affects my relationship with Allah and i always smoke it after final prayer. Is there a hadith or anything that says its haram, beside the quran?

lol its harram! haha ur nuts dewaana !

The Hebrew Institute of Jerusalem confirmed that the Holy anointing oil used by the Hebrews to anoint all Priests, and later Kings and Prophets,(that would include Musa) contained cannabis extracts, "kaneh bosm" (קְנֵה-בֹשֶׂם), and that it is listed as an incense tree in the original Hebrew and Aramaic texts of the Old Testament.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_and_spiritual_use_of_cannabis

Any substance can be abused. I can eat 5 litres of ketchup until I overdose and die, does that mean it should be haram? No, it just means that I am irresponsible.

Weed is not an addictive drug at all. I would smoke it up to 5 times a day in the summer and right when school started I did it once a day (it helps me make notes for Biology, Geography, and anything else other than math). I do not abuse the drug and only have it in small concentrations because I am responsible and it isn't addictive at all. I even went on vacation for 1 month to Iran recently and didn't have a single puff of marijuana while I was there. Did I feel like [Edited Out]? Nope; I was fine.

Weed is not an intoxicant in the sense that it does not alter my judgement or physical movements. I can drive just fine when I'm high. All it is doing is releasing a chemical that is already found in my body; THC. Weed has been smoked since man discovered fire. It's been smoked by Albert Einstein, Michael Phelps, and all the founders of the USA. All I'm saying is that it's not going to do anything to ruin your future success or plans that you have. It's fine to smoke weed and in my opinion it should be halal. I follow Sistani and I smoke weed.

Oh and one last thing... it is NOT self-harm. It doesn't do any damage to the lungs or any other organs in the body.

I challenge anybody to start a debate with me on ANY aspects of marijuana smoking. I've done my research and I'm ready to take it outside...

Debates are pointless at this point. Marijuana has pros and cons for everyone and everything. Maybe more pros for some people, maybe mostly cons for others.

People should make their best personal judgments about such decisions.

If marijuana has some benefits for particular situations like pain, or to relax some guy that has major issues in life or examinations, then by all means go for it.

If you are allergic and it may kill you (hypothetically speaking), then by all means DON'T SMOKE IT.

I mean not just drugs, plants etc. we can say the same thing about food, driving vehicles, particular risky jobs etc.

Eating too much junk food is unhealthy or may raise the chances of weight gain. But may not have the same affect on people with high metabolism.

OMG

What's wrong with Muslims today. :unsure:

Ketchup and junk food can cause harm, yes, and therefore become halal. But to the health, they in no way intoxicate you or change ur natural state of mind.

Anything that intoxicates you or changes your natural state of mind is HARAM

I love how all the followers think now they know more than the book of Allah, the infallibles, AND the scholars.

You can't randomly do tafseer of the Quran if you:

1- never studied it

2- never read it UNLESS in special occations, and/or

3- never completed it; you only read what you want therefore take it out of context and/or completely misunderstand it.

Edited by suus

Debates are pointless at this point. Marijuana has pros and cons for everyone and everything. Maybe more pros for some people, maybe mostly cons for others.

People should make their best personal judgments about such decisions.

If marijuana has some benefits for particular situations like pain, or to relax some guy that has major issues in life or examinations, then by all means go for it.

If you are allergic and it may kill you (hypothetically speaking), then by all means DON'T SMOKE IT.

I mean not just drugs, plants etc. we can say the same thing about food, driving vehicles, particular risky jobs etc.

Eating too much junk food is unhealthy or may raise the chances of weight gain. But may not have the same affect on people with high metabolism.

I agree with most of your opinion. But some people think it is haram and I want to know what they're reasons are and why they'd go so far as to call it haram rather than mubah or even makruh. It's not as bad as they make it seem and can do more good than bad if used responsibly. I just want them to understand that.

OMG

What's wrong with Muslims today. :unsure:

Ketchup and junk food can cause harm, yes, and therefore become halal. But to the health, they in no way intoxicate you or change ur natural state of mind.

Anything that intoxicates you or changes your natural state of mind is HARAM

I love how all the followers think now they know more than the book of Allah, the infallibles, AND the scholars.

You can't randomly do tafseer of the Quran if you:

1- never studied it

2- never read it UNLESS in special occations, and/or

3- never completed it; you only read what you want therefore take it out of context and/or completely misunderstand it.

I have never come accross a statement by Sistani which was directly pointed at marijuana. He usually just uses the word 'intoxicant', 'hallucinogen', etc. and lets us do the rest. Instead of pointing out each and every substance like crystal meth, alcohol, weed, etc. which would take forever since he doesn't have time to research about each and every drug out there and it's affects. Therefore, we can't define what a intoxicant is and do tafseer ourselves, but we can work with what the scholars have said is an intoxicant.

Your definition is "Anything that intoxicates you or changes your natural state of mind"

What I'm telling you is that it doesn't do that anymore than sports, sex, or anything else does. Everything in this world changes the way you think. Sports can give you positive energy and make you happy. Same with sex. When you smoke weed it makes you happier, hungrier, thirstier, and more relaxed. How does that harm anyone around you? I've heard of people drinking and crashing into someone or becoming angry while drunk and hitting someone but I've only heard of people getting high and being nicer & helpful to people. Weed has never hurt anyone or altered they're judgement. I can still choose between right and wrong or good and bad when I'm high. Obviously, you've never smoked weed before which means that you can still have an opinion about it. But nobody will ever know if your opinion is right or wrong because you are inexperienced and therefore an unreliable source on this subject. I love following Islam but I hate following Islam without knowing the reasons why. I don't follow everything just "because Allah says so".

If it says in the Qur'an that people should eat scissors once a day I won't do it because Allah and the scholars say so. I'll do it because it's right and so I will need to prove that it's right.

"I love how all the followers think now they know more than the book of Allah, the infallibles, AND the scholars."

I am merely doing that. I just want to know the reasons why Allah, the infallibles, and the scholars would make such a statement. Is that so wrong? Or maybe I should keep my mouth shut and follow like a sheep.

Instead of trying to make me feel guilty and selfish, prove me wrong.

I agree with most of your opinion. But some people think it is haram and I want to know what they're reasons are and why they'd go so far as to call it haram rather than mubah or even makruh. It's not as bad as they make it seem and can do more good than bad if used responsibly. I just want them to understand that.

Salam,

At the end of the day, its your life.

I'm sure it's haram, as the Quran says anything that intoxicates you or changes your natural state of mind is haram.

If you don't think so, smoke all the weed you want. We get judged for our own actions, only.

Alcohol is haraam because it alters ones senses (to the point of a person losing control over himself) and is highly detrimental to ones health.

Does the same not apply to marijuana (and all of its variants of a different name)? Yes.

Then why do some of our misguided brothers insist on trying to rationalize its use?

I have never come accross a statement by Sistani which was directly pointed at marijuana. He usually just uses the word 'intoxicant', 'hallucinogen', etc. and lets us do the rest. Instead of pointing out each and every substance like crystal meth, alcohol, weed, etc. which would take forever since he doesn't have time to research about each and every drug out there and it's affects. Therefore, we can't define what a intoxicant is and do tafseer ourselves, but we can work with what the scholars have said is an intoxicant.

Your definition is "Anything that intoxicates you or changes your natural state of mind"

What I'm telling you is that it doesn't do that anymore than sports, sex, or anything else does. Everything in this world changes the way you think. Sports can give you positive energy and make you happy. Same with sex. When you smoke weed it makes you happier, hungrier, thirstier, and more relaxed. How does that harm anyone around you? I've heard of people drinking and crashing into someone or becoming angry while drunk and hitting someone but I've only heard of people getting high and being nicer & helpful to people. Weed has never hurt anyone or altered they're judgement. I can still choose between right and wrong or good and bad when I'm high. Obviously, you've never smoked weed before which means that you can still have an opinion about it. But nobody will ever know if your opinion is right or wrong because you are inexperienced and therefore an unreliable source on this subject. I love following Islam but I hate following Islam without knowing the reasons why. I don't follow everything just "because Allah says so".

If it says in the Qur'an that people should eat scissors once a day I won't do it because Allah and the scholars say so. I'll do it because it's right and so I will need to prove that it's right.

"I love how all the followers think now they know more than the book of Allah, the infallibles, AND the scholars."

I am merely doing that. I just want to know the reasons why Allah, the infallibles, and the scholars would make such a statement. Is that so wrong? Or maybe I should keep my mouth shut and follow like a sheep.

Instead of trying to make me feel guilty and selfish, prove me wrong.

Honestly I don't care about proving you wrong. Why waste my time, when you are only gonna dodge anything I say and end up wasting my efforts?

Instead of telling ppl its NOT haram, and therefore making some sin because of you, say you have NO idea and you PERSONALLY think its halal.

Why don;t you seek the reasons yourself, instead of sitting arguing how its not and you "cant know for sure what intoxicates you".

By all means, dont follow like a sheep. But don;t simply reject without reason like a disbeliever.

Honestly I don't care about proving you wrong. Why waste my time, when you are only gonna dodge anything I say and end up wasting my efforts?

Instead of telling ppl its NOT haram, and therefore making some sin because of you, say you have NO idea and you PERSONALLY think its halal.

Why don;t you seek the reasons yourself, instead of sitting arguing how its not and you "cant know for sure what intoxicates you".

By all means, dont follow like a sheep. But don;t simply reject without reason like a disbeliever.

The thing is, you're not just proving me wrong, but millions of other Muslims. You decided to post on this subject in the first place, meaning that you were willing to go all the way with it. You have to stand by your point until you either admit that you were wrong or you prove me wrong. You shouldn't have said that in the first place if you weren't willing to back it up.

I'm not saying it's not haram. I'm saying it shouldn't be haram if it is. I don't know if it's haram or not. Like I said, it hasn't been directly stated that marijuana itself is haram. And I would never tell others that they should smoke weed because it's not haram if I'm unsure. That's a good point you made.

If I was to reject like a disbeliever I wouldn't be researching about it in the first place.

Alcohol is haraam because it alters ones senses (to the point of a person losing control over himself) and is highly detrimental to ones health.

Does the same not apply to marijuana (and all of its variants of a different name)? Yes.

Then why do some of our misguided brothers insist on trying to rationalize its use?

Does the same not apply to marijuana (and all of its variants of a different name)?

NOPE

Firstly, marijuana and all of it's variants, even in the form of hashish have the same general effects. Some differ slightly but in general they're very alike.

Secondly, marijuana is nothing like alcohol. You can't even stand straight while you're drunk. You can't operate machines properly and it is highly addictive. When you hear about alcohol you think of so many alcoholics that you know. When you think of weed you probably think of junkies. However, weed isn't just smoked by junkies (those are the people who stand out and smoke weed; they probably smoke crystal and shoot heroine too so why wouldn't they smoke weed?). It's smoked by people of all types.

Don't even go near comparing alcohol to weed. I know at least 2 people who've killed their liver due to alcohol and I know at least 50 people who smoke weed everyday and are getting their bachelors/masters with no health problems at all.

"it alters ones senses (to the point of a person losing control over himself) and is highly detrimental to ones health."

It does alter the senses slightly. But not to the point of a person losing control over himself unless, like I stated before, you were irresponsible and smoked like 4 grams by yourself. And your second point, that it is highly detrimental. Lets just say that part made me giggle. No my friend, that's just government propaganda for you. It has more health pros than cons. Actually, I can't think of any cons to be honest.

Why do you think so many governments don't legalize it? Because the pharmacies and prescription drug companies would lose so much freaking money. The government wouldn't be able to sell it because people would just grow it themselves and they'd lose millions if not billions of dollars. It has so many benefits that you can find simply by using the internet. The most amazing news is that it MIGHT just be able to kill cancer cells in the body however that may not be true. We do know for sure though, that it does PREVENT the growth of cancer in the body if a person already has it and help them fight the side effects of chemotherapy. I have a family member who used it while they were fighting cancer.

You won't go to hell for it etc.

But if you want to live as long as possible:

avoiding: soda, junk food, certain kind of animals, meat, anger, pills, X-rays, watching too much tv/internet, marijuana, drugs, caffeine, excessive masturbation, is probably best for people's health.

Some forms of marijuana and natural tobacco might do only a small tiny amount of damage to the body, but at the end of the day, it is up to the user to make a conscious decision about what he/she wants to do or how much of it.

But I repeat, you won't go to hell for it, but for those that are obsessed with health, I would not recommend it.

For example salvia divinorum and kava kava and marijuana as well as other natural drugs open certain "ports" in your brain.

These ports, these chakras, these channels, these neurotransmitters, whatever you want to call them.

They may be dangerous and used for special circumstances, but if these things are overused or even used more than necessary, they can have detrimental effects.

Edited by ShiaBen

The thing is, you're not just proving me wrong, but millions of other Muslims. You decided to post on this subject in the first place, meaning that you were willing to go all the way with it. You have to stand by your point until you either admit that you were wrong or you prove me wrong. You shouldn't have said that in the first place if you weren't willing to back it up.

I'm not saying it's not haram. I'm saying it shouldn't be haram if it is. I don't know if it's haram or not. Like I said, it hasn't been directly stated that marijuana itself is haram. And I would never tell others that they should smoke weed because it's not haram if I'm unsure. That's a good point you made.

If I was to reject like a disbeliever I wouldn't be researching about it in the first place.

I didn't decide to post on the subject.

I decided to post on the stupidity of the statements claiming marijuana is good and makes us all happy so therefore it is halal. Can you imagine the prophet (pbuh) doing that, na'outhu bIllah? Of course not.

If you don't believe its an intoxicant, how will I prove it? Its impossible to prove it to you because your set on the idea. Marijuana makes you act in a way you wouldn't usually, therefore its an intoxicant.

That's why Allah makes the laws; because if it were up to mankind, everything would fall under the category of "it shouldn't be haram".