Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
AliSaleh

why is smoking weed so bad?

Rate this topic

I have not smoked it in a great many years but I still wonder about it.

For instance how can something that grows wild be illegal, Is God guilty of a crime of course not. Because it is a part of nature it must have a purpose so using it for its purpose should be legal and halal, no? I am talking about its medicinal properties such as easing pain and creating an appetite in the sick and affirm.

Yeah man, if it is for medicinal properties, or some other kind of use that is healthy for human behavior or life status, then in those specific situations, it would be deemed as halal.

The same can be said about tobacco, alcohol, and any other strong drugs, chemicals, substances etc.

You never know, in the future, perhaps specific types of wine and other alcoholic beverages, may become halal if there were to be special Islamic jurisdictions that prove them to be recommended for fighting some kind of severe illnesses, diseases, cancer etc.

The only argument I can make from both a Western and Eastern perspective, is that marijuana, alcohol, and some other possible substances, may possibly influence the prefrontal cortex which is responsible for many important things in our lives that may lead to healthy or dangerous decisions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prefrontal_cortex

Wikipedia has some brief details that explain the role of this area.

Of the information on there, the executive functions, are probably the main reason why many hallucinogen drugs are not to become abused or at least taken in those haram ways (i.e. smoking for pleasure, instead of medicinal purposes)

to be accepted in Western culture.

and if marijuana is a natural plant, wouldnt that mean it was created by Allah almighty?

Thats the most pathetic excuse I have ever heard lol.

By your logic, you should also have sex, drink, listen to music all the time, have a GF, eat hamburgers at McDonalds, experiment with drugs such as cocaine, and so many other haram things.

Pigs are also created by God - that doesn't make them halaal. Devils are created by God - doesn't make them good.

LOL, you are weak-minded my brother. Put the weed down. It is nothing but a waste of time and money.

Smoking weed is sawab. Jesus used cannabis oil. And yes, Allah did create marijuana as a plant for us to use for many purposes. Same with coca leaves and poppy pods. Get over it.

Marijuana is only good.

Smoking weed is sawab. Jesus used cannabis oil. And yes, Allah did create marijuana as a plant for us to use for many purposes. Same with coca leaves and poppy pods. Get over it.

Marijuana is only good.

And how exactly does this fit in when in the Qur'an Allah(swt) tells us that all intoxicants are forbidden?

And when the Prophet further elaborated by saying that anything you intake that takes you out of the correct state of mind is forbidden?

I mean, When you speak...you seem to be analyzing things to your own "Desires" not to actually what the Prophet and the Qur'an are saying.

As for Jesus (pbuh) using Cannabis oil. First off, we as Muslims Follow the Sunnah of Rassollah (pbuh) as he is the last and final messenger of God. Ontop of that, we as Muslim do not believe that the Prophets of God engaged in activities that are against God's commands.

These are basic things you have to believe in to be called a "Muslim"

Its really not that difficult.

But I know that.....

As Clear and simple as this sounds to the people of truth

As difficult and complex does this sound to the people of whim's and desires

Weed is haram, because it is for junkies, are you a junky? It does intoxicate you, it makes you laugh at silly things that should not be funny and so on.

Hookah, permissible, if it doesn't cause you harm, impermissible if it does (cop out for smokers, it should be haram full stop.)

Salam Hasan whats happening bro???????

I agree weed is haram because it messes with your mind and is addictive and is bad for you. What about caffine? especially the new redbull shots, they are addictive and bad for you... are they are haram? What about processed food ie makas kills more people then any illicit drug, Just something to think about!!!

PS hooka is worse then smoking, i had a argument with a mate and its like 5 times worse then smoking i checked.

Peace bro :)

why so much arguing on something that is HARAM brothers and sisters.

Some people in here might as well argue over the issue of alcohol. Benefits shmenefits man, its a drug, its a narcotic, its HARAM. Why is everyone trying to reassure themselves with these benefits in an attempt to outweigh the haram?

Some are arguing against others with the benefits of this deviating drug. It doesnt take a 'alim or a marja to sort it out for you, I dont even think you would need to dig up the ayah in the quran, this is something thats common sense in Islam.

Im amazed at the people who consider it good, who say it helps their prayer and say oh its not so bad after all. Wow ,really? you need to feel euphoric while you pray i see, otherwise its not as "ROBOTIC". Dont you see what rules and WHO'S rules your going against here? Or?........

Sorry if i seem so blunt at the moment but this thread has left me shaking my head.... What has it come down to now seriously.

peace.

Just bumping up my post at this pathetic thread.

To the OP, just because Snooki does it, doesn't mean you do too w00t.gif

It's like saying, I want to eat pork because hey, it's meat too!

Sigh at this mentality. Puff & pass you hippies, in the end it wont get you anywhere.

Just bumping up my post at this pathetic thread.

To the OP, just because Snooki does it, doesn't mean you do too w00t.gif

It's like saying, I want to eat pork because hey, it's meat too!

Sigh at this mentality. Puff & pass you hippies, in the end it wont get you anywhere.

The thread is Obvious Smoking weed is Haram. but where do we draw the line because theres things which are much more harmful and we dont consider them haram. Ie Processed foods, Smoking tabacco, Caffiene, Testosterone supplements, Artificial Sugar ( i watched a doc on it and its pretty scary what it does to your brain)

The thread is Obvious Smoking weed is Haram. but where do we draw the line because theres things which are much more harmful and we dont consider them haram. Ie Processed foods, Smoking tabacco, Caffiene, Testosterone supplements, Artificial Sugar ( i watched a doc on it and its pretty scary what it does to your brain)

(salam)

Yea, the intoxicants are obviously haram. That's black and white.

In terms of food and eating habits, there's an explanation for that too:

Do not sit for food unless you are hungry; and do not leave the table but you still have an appetite for it, and chew your food in your mouth well.

(Biharul-Anwar - Volume 24, Page 245. al-Majlisi, 1627 (AR)

(Truly) Over-indulgence of food causes various kinds of diseases.

(Ghurarul-Hikam - Page 359)

So in other words, we should not overindulge in food and keep as healthy as possible. Common sense, if you know something will do you eventual harm, refrain from eating it alot. As for the testosterone and things you would take for bodybuilding, I'm not too sure. Even though they make you look good on the outside, I'm not so sure it'll do you well on the inside.

And this ones for the OP, who said he feels better in Salat whilst on weed.

O you who believe! Do not go near prayer when you are intoxicated until you know (well) what you say .

(al-Qur'an - Chapter 4, Verse 43)

(salam)

Yea, the intoxicants are obviously haram. That's black and white.

In terms of food and eating habits, there's an explanation for that too:

Do not sit for food unless you are hungry; and do not leave the table but you still have an appetite for it, and chew your food in your mouth well.

(Biharul-Anwar - Volume 24, Page 245. al-Majlisi, 1627 (AR)

(Truly) Over-indulgence of food causes various kinds of diseases.

(Ghurarul-Hikam - Page 359)

So in other words, we should not overindulge in food and keep as healthy as possible. Common sense, if you know something will do you eventual harm, refrain from eating it alot. As for the testosterone and things you would take for bodybuilding, I'm not too sure. Even though they make you look good on the outside, I'm not so sure it'll do you well on the inside.

And this ones for the OP, who said he feels better in Salat whilst on weed.

O you who believe! Do not go near prayer when you are intoxicated until you know (well) what you say .

(al-Qur'an - Chapter 4, Verse 43)

Great post bro Thanks

The fiqhi stance is actually quite simple: that which causes considerable harm to your body is haram. It's up to each person to determine what harms them. Smoking has been proven to cause cancer and kill people so it's haram. Weed is an intoxicant so whether or not it harms you is moot. Caffeine is OK is small doses, but drinking a can of red bull every day is haram if you know that it's going to harm you. Same goes for sugar.

It's harmless and God doesn't have a problem with anyone smoking it. Because he's not a human.

Your logic is bizarre. Do you also believe that God has no problem with murder, because He's not a human?