Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
AliSaleh

why is smoking weed so bad?

Rate this topic

Salam People,

i would like to add to the discussion in this thread Whether if smoking weed/Marijuana/hashish/Any form of THC ( the substance that makes u high) is hallal or haraam.

Firstly people who do not smoke weed, it is very easy for them to simply state smoking weed is harram, find a better alternative, Find Salah. I respect their opinion but they have not presented a hard evidence to convince the guy on the other side.

Secondly there are people who have tried weed and quit and have come back to the path which is pure and free from impurities, they advice not to smoke weed since they say it intoxicates you and hence forth place some amount of evidence to their reasoning.

I have been very close to the people who smoke weed and i have tried it myself. The detrimental effects of smoking weed which i have observed are listed below, if you see any evidence of it being haraam through the effects it causes, please stop smoking and seek Allahs will for guidance:

1. Weed smoking alters the biological clock present in the human brain. It resets your neuro receptors and makes you sleep for a longer period. It may turn you Nocturnal.

2. Weed smoking may not apparently harm your body, but it surely alters psychology and use of the drug THC induces temporary happiness. People who want temporary happiness should seek gods refuge and identify real life issues which make their lives miserable rather than numbing their minds with the drug.

3. Smoking weed is injurious to the lungs which is a proven scientific fact even tough its affects are much less compared to smoking cigarettes

4. Smoking weed makes you inexorably hungry, May lead to gluttony, which is Haram in Islam.

5. In most cases smoking weed is connected with Trance music, which is Haram. Smoking weed enhances ones senses and hence people enjoy listening to music even more than before.

Finally the point which really convinced me that smoking weed is haraam is when i came across the life of Aleister Crowley, the wickedest man on earth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley) He was probably the most skilled black magician on planet earth and can be called the father of modern Free-Masonic culture.

He regularly used Hashish which is the processed form of Weed (not much difference) during his black magic rituals as a way to connect with the dark powers. For those who further wish to investigate can use the link to watch a documentary on his life. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc-U1kpXMJ8

Thank you for reading.

May Allah bless us with the knowledge to deal the trickeries of 21st century.

Edited by kazmicabc

He regularly used Hashish which is the processed form of Weed (not much difference) during his black magic rituals as a way to connect with the dark powers. For those who further wish to investigate can use the link to watch a documentary on his life.

(sarcasm) See?! It IS spiritual and helsp meditation! :P

Lets get all Shia youth addicted to it because Dajjal and Satan are coming and the party of Aleister Crowley needs satanical social espionage with threads like these because they're so scared of present-minded people in a society.

If at first you don't succeed,

[beep] the world aaaand........ smoke some weeeed!~

YAYYYYYY~ Bob Marley for the spiritual win!!!~

:dry:

Guest Muhamad

If this thread has any conclusion at all, it must be that you all should get together and puff, puff, pass.

hahahahha may Allah forgive us all :) including the muslim potheads

salam.gifsheikh.gif

to be honest with all my brothers and sisters .. i LOVE smoking up .. even if i don't do it nowadays .. i always imagine myself chilling in the marihuana fields in heaven having heavenly buds that glow and get me soooooo high .. thank God i never really enjoyed any other intoxicant .. (apart from mushrooms i tried once in a forest where they grew in their season .. and never again) ..

Props for your honesty :blush:

if smoking weed, which is clearly not stated as haram in the quran(its not an intoxicant), why is it haram? if i smoke it and it never affects my relationship with Allah and i always smoke it after final prayer. Is there a hadith or anything that says its haram, beside the quran?

Allah says in the Quran that anything that harms your body is haraam.

He also says that if somethings disadvantages rule its advantages, its is haraam...the same reason alcohol is haraam.

Something that changes your "state of mind" is also haraam...the reason alcohol is haraam.

It damages your brain, lungs, the function of many organs in your body..slow suicide don't you think?

Also, in Hajj Hassanain RajabAli's lecture..he talks about doing haraam stuff and he mentions smoking right after alcohol. Okay, so i'm no scholar but isn't he a man with great knowledge? Isn't what he says right?

I have not smoked it in a great many years but I still wonder about it.

For instance how can something that grows wild be illegal, Is God guilty of a crime of course not. Because it is a part of nature it must have a purpose so using it for its purpose should be legal and halal, no? I am talking about its medicinal properties such as easing pain and creating an appetite in the sick and affirm.

Pot destroys motivation. This is why the much more physically destructive alcohol is legal and the much less destructive Pot is not. An alcoholic will get up and go to work every morning because they want to improve their lot. Pot heads become satisfied with their lot no matter how banal or cancer ridden. A pot head will blow off work if they have a means of purchasing more pot independent of their own efforts. In short, alcohol increases aggression and pot destroys it. Because pot destroys the tax base, it is illegal. Otherwise the state would legalize it and tax it regardless of what it is doing to the moral fiber of the society.

Pot destroys motivation. This is why the much more physically destructive alcohol is legal and the much less destructive Pot is not. An alcoholic will get up and go to work every morning because they want to improve their lot. Pot heads become satisfied with their lot no matter how banal or cancer ridden. A pot head will blow off work if they have a means of purchasing more pot independent of their own efforts. In short, alcohol increases aggression and pot destroys it. Because pot destroys the tax base, it is illegal. Otherwise the state would legalize it and tax it regardless of what it is doing to the moral fiber of the society.

Some good insight bro ! if you can elaborate more and present some evidence, it would be helpful in order to establish a concrete argument.

People need to be educated.

Kind regards

I have not smoked it in a great many years but I still wonder about it.

For instance how can something that grows wild be illegal, Is God guilty of a crime of course not. Because it is a part of nature it must have a purpose so using it for its purpose should be legal and halal, no? I am talking about its medicinal properties such as easing pain and creating an appetite in the sick and affirm.

From what i've heard, anything used for the sake of medicine is halaal. Alcohol for example is found in many medications..that doesn't make the medicine haraam does it? If the persons intention is to be cured, then it is not haraam. But if someone reads this and says "yay! alcohol isn't haraam" and goes and drinks bottles of it, then thats obviously haraam because his intention isn't to cure himself. Do you get my flow?

Also, the disadvantages of smoking are a lot more than it's advantages as i mentioned earlier. Smokng may make you feel better and relief your stress but look at the health aspect of it. It destroys the cells in your oesophagus (the goblet cells, dust cells, villi and microvilli) that are used to move up the bacteria to allow it not to enter your system. Once these cells are destroyed, you end up with countless infections. Because you are causing repetitive abrasion to your oesophagus, the cells i mentioned changes into simple squamous cells because they are trying to protect your oesophagus from destruction. This inturn will lead to the destruction on those cells and lead to infections.

Also, the pleural cavity that surrounds our lungs is a liquid that helps us breathe easily without breathing in hard/too much air. When you smoke, you are thickening the fluid in this cavity and as it progresses over time, it becomes very hard for you to breathe. Thats why you see smokers take a lot of small, heavy breaths at one time..its because they need to get a sufficient amount of air into their lungs to be able to live and this becomes very hard with a thickened pleural cavity.

Not to mention, the effects it has on the brain (it can cause haemorrhage), the effect it has on the feotus and the people around you (passive smokers).

Everything comes from something natural, EG cocaine with poppy seeds, i think? Alcohol from yeast, etc you get my drift, doesnt mean its halaal? something that makes you out of your own normal state of mind, is haraam, THATS why its haraam! because it doesnt make you think normally. you do things you wouldnt normally do etc.

I dont know how anyone would smoke weed, do any drugs at all! I would much rather be in my own right state of mind and remember Allah in that state, then get "high" or "drunk" and act like a complete idiot.

Goodluck in life to those who touch that disgusting stuff.

And to be quite honest, noone here has the RIGHT to sit here and say "well i dont think its haram because..." the only way you can reason your thoughts and the only proper way to think is by the QUR'AN and HADITHS. not becuase of what we LIKE in life or what our BRAIN tell us. shayton can easily whisper to us, but as we act with anything in this life, we should open the QURAN and find truths to permit it, or to not. simple. as. that.

Edited by MissShiaMuslim

I am in complete agreement and I thank you for the sincere advice brother, maybe they'll listen to you. I've been giving that argument, that potheads are a drag on the society and productivity of their people. No great figure ever used weed.

Treating the sick is something else. They even give heavy doses of morphine to soldiers injured and in considerable pain. But let's not forget that it's situational. When the situation is right, even dog meat becomes halal, i.e., when near death due to hunger.

Be smart. Don't sacrifice your health and your life on this seemingly pleasurable satanic altar that is being made fair looking to you. The trade offs and risks are definitely not worth it at all. Don't get lured into even trying it. Trust me.

Let me give you this example:

lets say you sell a lot of weed, and you make about 10 g's....

Would you use that money that you made to go to Hajj and perform pilgrimage?

Another example:

You say you dont smoke when your praying but you deny that it is an intoxicant are even haram.

So why dont you just smoke a blunt and pray and break your fast with weed brownies....

if you have a drug problem, you should realize that it is wrong and get help.