Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
AliSaleh

why is smoking weed so bad?

Rate this topic

if smoking weed, which is clearly not stated as haram in the quran(its not an intoxicant), why is it haram? if i smoke it and it never affects my relationship with Allah and i always smoke it after final prayer. Is there a hadith or anything that says its haram, beside the quran?

if smoking weed, which is clearly not stated as haram in the quran(its not an intoxicant), why is it haram? if i smoke it and it never affects my relationship with Allah and i always smoke it after final prayer. Is there a hadith or anything that says its haram, beside the quran?

its not an intoxicant? so ur mind is the same befor and after smoking weed? theres no changes? nothing?

(salam)

It is an intoxicant, and its effects are similar to alcohol. It is also highly addictive, and harmful to your brain and chromosomes.

The Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) said, what intoxicates in large quantities is haraam [even] in small quantities.

Stop smoking it immediately, save your money and find something better to fill your time with.

(salam)

It is an intoxicant, and its effects are similar to alcohol. It is also highly addictive, and harmful to your brain and chromosomes.

The Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) said, what intoxicates in large quantities is haraam [even] in small quantities.

Stop smoking it immediately, save your money and find something better to fill your time with.

but if weed doesnt affect my or anyones relationship with Allah, should it be considered halal after final prayers and then considered haram an hour before first prayer in the morning?

is smoking hookah(with the flavored tobacco) halal or haram?

Edited by AliSaleh

Weed is haram, because it is for junkies, are you a junky? It does intoxicate you, it makes you laugh at silly things that should not be funny and so on.

Hookah, permissible, if it doesn't cause you harm, impermissible if it does (cop out for smokers, it should be haram full stop.)

(salam)

but if weed doesnt affect my or anyones relationship with Allah, should it be considered halal after final prayers and then considered haram an hour before first prayer in the morning?

is smoking hookah(with the flavored tobacco) halal or haram?

It does affect your relationship with Allah, because He doesn't want you doing that :)

Marijuana is haraam the same way alcohol is.

Argila/Shisha/Hookah is a bit different. Since it does not intoxicate, it does not fall under the category of intoxicants. However, as an addictive substance and a direct cause to lung cancer and other diseases, smoking falls under the category of harmful substances. Different scholars disagree on whether it is haraam or not, but none would say it is recommended in any way. Anything that is that harmful to you should be avoided as best as you can, even if it were halaal. There are certain things that are makrooh or hated by Allah, and usually unhealthy habits are put in this category.

may i ask why it is that you smoke or smoked?

it never affects my relationship with Allah

I think you have proved a great point. Humans in general should not be allowed to decide what makes them spiritually closer to Allah. Those ulama who allow the people to decide what music they should listen to based on how spiritual it makes them feel .... they need to change their rulings.

what next? "I have never prayed and it doesn't affect my relationship with Allah".

to be accepted in Western culture.

Smoking marajuana is illegal, so how would that be being accepted? And anyhow, who cares about being accepted as such? They also drink wine and eat pork, would you copy them in that too?

and if marijuana is a natural plant, wouldnt that mean it was created by Allah almighty?

Grapes are natural as well. Doesn't mean that fermenting them and drinking the product of that is allowed.

Smoking marajuana is illegal, so how would that be being accepted? And anyhow, who cares about being accepted as such? They also drink wine and eat pork, would you copy them in that too?

Grapes are natural as well. Doesn't mean that fermenting them and drinking the product of that is allowed.

very true. inshallah i can stop, and inshallah i can stay on the Straight Path. Allah is the all-knowing and all-merciful.

Smoking marajuana is illegal, so how would that be being accepted?

It's not where I live.

But back to the topic, brother, if you don't find weed intoxicating, you've never had real weed. It's absolutely haram and if you are somehow addicted, get help and start praying on time.

Opium is also natural, but highly addictive. people lose their lives over drugs... I recommend not doing it. I know its hard, but try not to do it. SALAT and other good things should get you on a natural high..

Who says its bad ?????!!! i smoke it all the time and i am perfectly okay :D oh and i am a ''sister '' too :)

just kidding , doctors prescribe it to patients with a rheumatic disorder

yeah its an intoxicant, like a stronger, reverse version of caffeine. if it doesnt affect you you probably been smoking tabacco thinking its weed my main man

Who says its bad ?????!!! i smoke it all the time and i am perfectly okay :D oh and i am a ''sister '' too :)

just kidding , doctors prescribe it to patients with a rheumatic disorder

This is called Affirmative Negation. ;)

(salam)

It fogs the mind and distracts from focusing toward Allah!

(wasalam)

This is called Affirmative Negation. ;)

:unsure: meaning ? bro i was kidding.:Hijabi:

I definitly do not encourage smoking weed (i detest it ) as well as cigarettes at all. But i think if its only used for medical purposes i gues different criteria applies to using it. I think its best to consult for advice from a medical doctor or consultant who can also point out the many neggatives of using weed.

or refer to your marjae if you are in doubt. I know some people from school who have become kind of addicted to it and also smoke because of being under stress of a group.

If the smoking of weed is only for the estatic feeling i would suggest to stop smoking weed : just burn scent sticks and hold one on both hands and turn like 100 times in a circle .....

fainting and a heavenly feeling is guaranteed :)

Edited by Queen_Punk

smoking weed is one thing but if one said that they used it sparingly and medicinally in tea form as an infusion which is said to have almost no THC's. then i could at least understand why they did it. not saying that i agree. like i often say, there are ways to do things and then there are better ways.

(salam)

this may surly be a herb for medical use that we see people abusing for personal use Allah has created many herbs for us, but yet many men fail to use them properly. similarly things like opium are good for pain when one is in sever pain but we see people using it for person use. and thus abusing it.

(wasalam)

Edited by theunknownpreacher

Smoking weed actually helps concentration - my salaah is less robotic and more meaningful when i am high. But then, maybe i am just lucky because it has that effect on me. I know other people who just get hungry and act stupid when they are under the influence of tht stuff, and then some people use it for medical purposes.Allah has blessed us with this natural medicine, so i do think it is wrong for people to say that it is completely haraam regardless of how much, how often, and why it is being smoked.So i think you gotta use your common sense, u know the effect it has on you...so only you can decide if it is haraam for you and for the reasons that you will be using it for. :)

Edited by _jen_

Smoking weed actually helps concentration - my salaah is less robotic and more meaningful when i am high

Less robotic? More meaningfull?

Someone mixed your weed with LSD I think.

(salam)

it surly don't improve concentration, wait a little and insha Allah you will start to see why it don't. it causes the mind to wonder and drift. you may not notice it while your high but try thinking without being high then you shall discover how these are two different ways of thinking one drifting and one focused.

and abusing a medicine that is meant for someone who is sick or has a disease is not for your healthy self. in fact it is wrong to take it unless you are sick or ill. herbs are medicins and Allah has created many. are you sick that you think you can indulge in this medicine ? - people use to worshipe this plant as their false god. and give it all the creadit. when it is only Allah that you need and only Allah who can help you to stay focused.

(wasalam)

I wake up in the morning groggy and angry but my attitude shifts as soon as I have a cup of coffee. Love is also an intoxicant. Point is, you don't make sense (surprise surprise).

InshAllah you can also grow a backbone

So does shiachat

You smoke weed because it improves your salah? Lets have a little bit of transparency here.. You smoke weed because you want to smoke weed and you like the way it makes you feel. I mean, I dont care what people get up to behind closed doors.. but don't say that you are smoking weed to get closer to Allah during prayer when it is forbidden in your religion. A lot of drugs could potentially be twisted to make your prayers more "spiritual" but at the end of the day.. call it out for what it really is.. YOU LIKE SMOKING POT. I don't blame you.. but lets keep it real ;)

Also.. unless you are following my particular decadent, liberal version of Islam (in which case this is all irrelevant) you can't say stuff like "only you can decide whether or not its haram for you. ":huh: If Islam were like that we would all be having WAY MORE FUN. I know my salah's would be a lot more "meaningful." :angel:

(salam)

if shiachat is fogging your mind then you should spend less time here, anything that distracts you from Allah should be removed from you! unless you can put off the things that distracts and stay focused towards Allah and by that you only need to seek help from Allah to achieve this. internet should be used moderatly like one should not wudu and then go on the internet then pray they should put down the internet before wudu and pick it up after the prayer. finding the right place for the internet and using it less until you are not harmed by it. can be done. if something persist in distracting from Allah one should remove themselves from it completely.

(wasalam)

“They ask you (O Muhammad) about intoxicants and games of chance. Say: ‘In both of them there is a great wrong and a means of (some) profit for men; but their sin is greater than their profit.’”

Surah Baqarah, ayat 219

« O you who believe! Intoxicants and games of chance, and idolatrous practices, and the divining of the future are but a loathsome evil of Satan’s doing: shun it, then, so that you might attain to a happy state! By means of intoxicants and games of chance Satan seeks only to sow enmity and hatred among you, and to turn you away from the remembrance of God and from prayer. Will you not then desist?”

Surah al-Ma’idah, Ayat 90-91.

Goddamnit at least follow the Quran you Yuppies

http://www.*******.org/hadiths/hudud/intoxicants

Edited by JimJam