In the Name of God بسم الله

[merged] 2012-please Discuss

Rate this topic

AliSaleh

if 2012 is supposed to be the end of the world, wouldnt imam mahdi come to save us before?

1st) 2012 will not be the end of the world, do you really expect that in only 3 years mahdi and jesus will come, kill the antichrist and also gog & magog ? Isn't mahdi going to rule at least 7 years ?

2nd) the end of the world is a bad interpretation of the mayan conception of time, no maya scholars will tell you mayas believed in that the to be the end of the world. their conception of time is cyclical, a new age is about to come according to mayas. ( just like Islam predicts a new Golden Age where islam is accepted by the whole world )

3) stop believing what you see on tv and hollywood.

• Veteran Member

1st) 2012 will not be the end of the world, do you really expect that in only 3 years mahdi and jesus will come, kill the antichrist and also gog & magog ? Isn't mahdi going to rule at least 7 years ?

2nd) the end of the world is a bad interpretation of the mayan conception of time, no maya scholars will tell you mayas believed in that the to be the end of the world. their conception of time is cyclical, a new age is about to come according to mayas. ( just like Islam predicts a new Golden Age where islam is accepted by the whole world )

My brother, it’s not just Hollywood, many sources indicate the world will end in 2012. Plus with all the chaos and corruption rampant in today’s world is it that far fetched to think we are close to the end?

• Advanced Member

My brother, it's not just Hollywood, many sources indicate the world will end in 2012. Plus with all the chaos and corruption rampant in today's world is it that far fetched to think we are close to the end?

i think u need to stop smoking weed, which u boast about in another post brother.

Edited by AlgerianShia

• Veteran Member

i think u need to stop smoking weed, which u boast about in another post brother.

What does weed have to do with this topic? WHy are you personally attacking me when I am asking a legitimate question and asking for guidance on it?

• Advanced Member

What does weed have to do with this topic? WHy are you personally attacking me when I am asking a legitimate question and asking for guidance on it?

dude ur asking in a muslim forum if the "inca" fortune tellers were right about 2012 being the end of the world......

My brother, it’s not just Hollywood, many sources indicate the world will end in 2012. Plus with all the chaos and corruption rampant in today’s world is it that far fetched to think we are close to the end?

at least try to name a few sources when claiming such thing...I've read alot about 2012 and know alot about it, but this isn't the place to tell about it. I assure you it is NOT the END of the world as everything and everyone will be destroyed.

naro looks like a proper troll by the looks of things. all he does is discourages anyone who posts a legitimate thread and seems to think that he is the most intelligent person around. OBVIOUS TROLL.

and i have read a lot about shia mahdi, and he will not rule for 7 rules. obviously this naro character is one of those troll wahhabis who support al qaeda and support terrorism as well. There is a reason why i don't post in sunni islam forum.

^ As long as you have no respect for him and don't bother to put "imam" in front of his name, he will be far from coming.

these things don't matter. stop being so strict.

if 2012 is supposed to be the end of the world, wouldnt imam mahdi come to save us before?

As far as i am concerned Mahdi or Kalki Avatar or Jesus Christ could be an entity instead of being a human being. It could be a revolution. As for the world ending in 2012, its highly unlikely but its possible. Nothing is impossible.

The sooner the Kalki Avatar appears the better for humanity.

• Veteran Member

^ As long as you have no respect for him and don't bother to put "imam" in front of his name, he will be far from coming.

People of the times of the Imams used to call them with their 'kuniyyat' as "Ya Aba 'Abdullah" for Hussain, not as "Imam Hussain". So I think not putting 'Imam' before the name is not a sign of the lack of respect. This is just a preferred way today. Same is the case with terms like 'hadhrat', 'radhi Allah', 'alaihe salam', 'rehmatullah' etc. This is a later innovation [no negative connotations], not something mandatory and established through Shariah.

OP - It will take more than 2 years to sort out the world when Mahdi arrives. It is not happening till 2012 even if Mahdi arrives tomorrow. So stop worrying.

You all are concentrating on the word "imam" and missing the point. I have never seen somebody say "yea so today on the news barrack said..."

It has nothing to do with the word itself but the respect it puts forward. You call your parents mom and dad, not "zahraa" and "3ali". Titles were put in place for a reason. Even saying AL mahdi instead of "mahdi" makes a HUGE difference!

If you don't agree then suit yourselves, but i think it matters greatly and will continue advising people against keeping things like this out :).

• Advanced Member

Yeh, Imam is supposed to come before (if you believe in all that..), so 2012 can't be the end of the world - But i do think something will happen in 2012. Well i hope so anyway, will make this world a lot more interesting.

• Veteran Member

You all are concentrating on the word "imam" and missing the point. I have never seen somebody say "yea so today on the news barrack said..."

It has nothing to do with the word itself but the respect it puts forward. You call your parents mom and dad, not "zahraa" and "3ali". Titles were put in place for a reason.

Mahdi is surname or second name of the Imam. So your example should be "yeah so today on the news Obama said...", and we say that a lot don't we?

Even saying AL mahdi instead of "mahdi" makes a HUGE difference!

Yeah, to Arabs. I wouldn't know the difference. :P

If you don't agree then suit yourselves, but i think it matters greatly and will continue advising people against keeping things like this out :).

It is personal preference, of course, and it is preferred by most today. I use Imam before Mahdi most of the time.

• Veteran Member

The best answer would be "Allah knows the best". Instead of foretelling about Imam e Zaman (as), we should prepare ourself for his arrival. We should attain Taqwa and piety for this purpose and prayer for his early Zahoor. Only and only then we shall be considered sincere in our prayers for his (as) arrival.

Wallahualam.

• Advanced Member

if it is the will of God, then yes brother. But only if it is the will of God

[Edited out]Imam Mahdi has already returned and you execduted him at Shiraz in 1850. He did not return as you foolishly believed and your leaders failed you. Its time to wake up.

Edited by ~RuQaYaH~
No personal attacks/insulting members of the forum

You pitiful fools. Imam Mahdi has already returned and you execduted him at Shiraz in 1850. He did not return as you foolishly believed and your leaders failed you. Its time to wake up.

well, the fact that he got 'executed' only proves he wasn't protected from God therefore wasn't the Mahdi.

[Edited out]

Edited by ~RuQaYaH~
No personal attacks

Assalam alaykum.

Respect for Imam al-Mahdi is required or at least important. Why would he come to those who don't care about him? I think I remember hearing a hadith that if we truly believed in his return, he would return now.

I doubt he'll come before 2012, although Allah knows best. There's just too much to happen beforehand.

aagreen: I think you posted in the wrong thread....?? unsure.gif

It's called spam. Don't worry, I reported it.

The best answer would be "Allah knows the best". Instead of foretelling about Imam e Zaman as.gif, we should prepare ourself for his arrival. We should attain Taqwa and piety for this purpose and prayer for his early Zahoor. Only and only then we shall be considered sincere in our prayers for his as.gif arrival.

The most beautiful answer!

Assalam alaykum.

Respect for Imam al-Mahdi is required or at least important. Why would he come to those who don't care about him? I think I remember hearing a hadith that if we truly believed in his return, he would return now.

I doubt he'll come before 2012, although Allah knows best. There's just too much to happen beforehand.

aagreen: I think you posted in the wrong thread....?? unsure.gif

It's called spam. Don't worry, I reported it.

The best answer would be "Allah knows the best". Instead of foretelling about Imam e Zaman as.gif, we should prepare ourself for his arrival. We should attain Taqwa and piety for this purpose and prayer for his early Zahoor. Only and only then we shall be considered sincere in our prayers for his as.gif arrival.

The most beautiful answer!

• Advanced Member

says who?? y is every1 talking abt "21 dec. 2012" as the end of teh world!!!

[Edited out] Imam Mahdi has already returned and you execduted him at Shiraz in 1850. He did not return as you foolishly believed and your leaders failed you. Its time to wake up.

Astaghfirullah. [edited out]

--

& ohyeah i've read that the only thing that keeps Imam Mahdi (a) away from his people is their sin.

Edited by ~RuQaYaH~
Quote edited

There are still many minor signs that need to occur. The Sufyani needs to rule in Syria. The Eurpharates river needs to dry up and disclose a mountain of gold. The Black Flags army needs to form a resistance against the Sufyani. Its really hard to believe even these signs will be fulfilled in just 3 years. On the other hand, I believe 2012 is a date when the New World Order will be established. This means that power will be shifted from American to Europe.

Edited by Abdaal

• Advanced Member

(bismillah) (salam)

DO NOT JUDGE A TIME FOR THESE THINGS, only Allah (swt) knows, and the mayans believe its the end in 2012 i think, islam NEVER sets times for these things, even when were in the worst of times, they wont think "It must be the end of the world", or "Imam Mahdi (as) is coming", remember NOBODY except Allah (swt) knows when these 2 things will happen

(wasalam)

• Basic Members

The 'end of the world' scenario for 2012 is a massive deception. The end is never the end. We are infinite beings created by the true essence of Allah (swt)... 2012 (and further) will be the beginning of a new age of consciousness. However, the enemies of Islam will use this awakening of the human mind to deceive the masses. They will create a false prophet, or an "anti-christ" to deceive people- unfortunately many Shias will fall prey to this as we are so heavily focused on the re-apperance of our Imam (as).

As someone mentioned earlier, events like the ruling of the Sufyani and then the defeat still have to occur prior to anything else- but something interesting to keep in mind: According to the mayan 'calendar', as 'time' approaches closer to 2012, events will start occuring at a faster rate. For instance, you see a lot more occurrences of Solar Eclipses according to the Mayans as we approach closer to December 21st, 2012. If you correlate this with some sayings from our books regarding the re-appreance and the events leading up to it, there is a specific mention of events occuring sooner and faster. I'm not saying the Mayans were 'right', but their celestial calculations are relatively accurate.

Having said that, I think it's very important to be aware of the true intentions of those in power. Deception will come from the most unlikely sources and only those with a true love and understanding for the Ahlul Bayt will spare deception. I value the Islamic Republic of Iran and what it stands for with regards to Shia's, but please be aware that there may be elements within their structure that are planning a deception as well. Whether or not these elements are succesful in their plans (InshAllah they won't be) remains to be seen, but my point is that if Iran announces that someone is the messiah, do not take it for granted without using your God given consciousness and intellect. Those that are blinded by nationalistic, egoistic, or other forms of pride will be easily manipulated. God gave us rational reasoning to make clear and conscious decisions. We are free entities that do not need political systems to determine right from wrong. Trust the Mara'jahs but don't be fooled by nationalistic and economic agendas as we approach a major change.

In fact, changes will begin to occur in 2010... probably with a pretty significant global economic crisis and food/energy shortages... all meant to pre-occupy us with material issues. Quote me on that a year from now.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Salaamu-ya-Haq Chaar Baap-o-Jai Shri Krishnan Madad was Salaam

Currently there has been a great deal of discussion about the prophesised events marking the end of our current age taking place in the year 2012. The media has also a role to play in fact it started it in the form of the production of a film recently. Now as such I haven’t seen it for my self nor do I know what happens in it & that weather it was just a profit making venture for those involved in its production.

What I wanted to say in regard to 2012 being predicted as the year in which the prophesised events would materialise, Is that basically it is said that it was stated in the Mayan Calendar system, or that it was their belief. In that case what I would like to say is that the Mayan Calendar count starts from which time?

Also currently in the Mayan Calendar what year is going on?

On what Basis does the Mayan Calendar operate like is it Solar, Lunar, Seasonal etc?

If according to the Mayan Calendar the mentioned year has passed, then in that case how long back was it. The Mayan Civilisation went through a tumultuous & turbulent period of decline. So according to their calendar which year was it?

Because those predictions might be true but were made with respect to the people who applied that system of keeping record of passage of time.

For instance the Aztec Calendar did make mention of a year in which according to their beliefs the world would end and it would be a dooms day. So actually in that year the Spanish arrived & we all know what happened after words. Also they said that a Fair skinned bearded God would come & being the fools they were, they saw his image in the person who was leading them their (Cortes). So for them it really was Doom. So the prophecy was right but only for their nation. After that those uncouth blood spilling savages got what they deserved, i.e. the end of their barbaric world.

Also what does the Mayan Prophecies predict about the events in the run up till the event of dooms day according to them?

We must do a care full analysis regarding all such issues rather than jumping to conclusions on an emotional basis or succumbbing to media hypes and sensationalisms.

So I have given my views after a careful analysis of the subject. I by no means wish to deny or degrade Islamic beliefs or concepts regarding the End of times or the awaited arrivals and saviours, to do that would be an Infidel folly.

Radhey Radhey

Jai Jai Shareef

Bombay Shareef

Jai Jai Shareef

Bombay Shareef

Jai Jai Shareef

Bombay Shareef

Seyedna Vidhya Balan (ra)

• Basic Members

i have researched about 12/21/2012...it seems real to me...because 2012...12 imams...dec....12 month...and 1 more thing ... in the quran it says the day of qaymaht is going to be a friday...and i saw that 12/21/2012 is a friday...so what do you guys think...is this real...or not?