Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Nahjul Balagha: Authentic?

Rate this topic

Chain wise it isn't.....cause there is no chain..for tawtheeq...

I don't think any Shia ever got confidence by sermons because scholars say it's authentic...

Rather it has to do with the content and eloquence and wisdom and majestic way of speaking sincere wisdom and advice....

Some sermons however do have other sources but usually differs a bit with the other sources...

wa salam

• Veteran Member

The same is true of "Sahih" hadiths...

Why not look into everything in depth?

salam alaykom

i meant that as meaning one must check to see if these are sahih or not (as to check even each sermon, letter, and saying) that is looking into it in depth on the first level the second is to make it it don't go away from what Allah has sent in his qu'ran.

wa alaykom salam

Edited by theunknownpreacher

salam alaykom

i meant that as meaning one must check to see if these are sahih or not (as to check even each sermon, letter, and saying) that is looking into it in depth on the first level the second is to make it it don't go away from what Allah has sent in his qu'ran.

wa alaykom salam

Salam

I'm saying "Sahih" hadiths can be wrong as well... so you need to look into depth both weak and Sahih hadiths....

• Veteran Member

Salam

I'm saying "Sahih" hadiths can be wrong as well... so you need to look into depth both weak and Sahih hadiths....

(salam)

yes well that i can agree, we must check it with the qu'ran of Allah. just because it has good chain don't mean anything if it is leading away from what Allah has sent us. usually weak hadiths have flaw in them or just do not seem right when reading them. so even though a weak hadith may look truthful it may be a fabrication and thus should be rejected. as for a sahih hadith it should not say opposite or lead away from what Allah has educated us in his qu'ran and in Allah's qu'ran is everything explained in detail that we would need to check it with (in both hidden And open meanings).

(wasalam)

Edited by theunknownpreacher
  • Advanced Member

There few fact one need to take into account before talking about the authenticity of the modern nahjul balaqa.

First we know at the time of the compilation there existed 490 sermon attributed to Imam Ali(AS), most of them were destroyed or simply forgotten.

Second we know that the authenticity of Nahjul Balaqa did not came about til 240 year after the compilation of the book.

Third seminaries of Qum have spent alot of time and money in order to establish the authenticity of the sermons.

Personally i don't believe it is authentic word to word, but in generality it seems very authentic, and very bypartisan. You can be from nearly any school and find passages to justify that school. But my best advice to you is to ask this question from number of marjas and ask for detail answer and not just a yes or no.