Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

how to enjoy praying

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam,

n al-Kafi it is reported from al-'Imam al-Sadiq (A) that:

" The best form of worship is to contemplate about God and His Power. [3]"

So daily, ritual worship (Salat) must be accompanied by contemplation to make it meaningful. If a person performs salat for it's own sake (i.e., without contemplation of it's true meaning and why Allah (s.w.a) has ordered us to perform it) then it becomes a meaningless, burdensome ritual. If, however, salat is accompanied by contemplation then it becomes not only enjoyable but a profound experience and an essential means of spiritual growth.

Life can be divided into stressers and destressers. Learn to use Salaat as a destresser in your life and you will come to enjoy Salaat more than smokers enjoy cigarrettes, lol. Also learning the deeper meanings of the words and actions of Salaat will make it more meaningful. If Allah is your priority in life than communication with Him will be the most important action in your life. Make your Salaat your top priority and make everything else in life secondary. If you do this right you will be on the correct road to building an amazing relationship with Allah. If you make God your priority He will make you His priority. Be certain of that.

These links might help you understand prayer better.

http://www.aimislam.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6421

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=52002439164&topic=7580

Imam Khomeini also has a book called Sirr al Salaat (secret of Salat). Mulki al Tabrizi also has a great book called Asraar al Salaat. Seriously the more time you invest in making your Salaat more meaningful the more successful you will be in life. I am sure you have read Surah al Muminoon.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Protect your prayer from the outside and the inside.

From the outside, don't sin

From the inside, don't let any foreign thoughts into your head during the prayer.

One of his students says that Agha Behjat was asked, "Our lives have passed away and we still have not experienced pleasure (halaawa, lazzat) from our worship, especially salat. What is your advice so that we can taste some of the pleasures that our infallible leaders (A) have described?"

The esteemed master replied, "This is something that we would all like to experience!" The student replied,

"Please, Agha, you have a high status in these matters, while we are empty-handed. What should we do?"

Agha Behjat again gave a modest reply, saying, "Perhaps your own status is one that I envy.".

However, the student was insistent, and so Agha Behjat replied, "This pleasure that you seek in worship has two prerequisites; one outside salat, and one within salat itself. What is necessary before salat and outside of it is that a person abstains totally from sin, and does not blacken his heart with the disgrace of disobedience, because sin will rob his heart of light. As for the second requirement, within the salat itself a man must create a barrier around himself so that no thought other than the remembrance of God can enter. He must not allow his thoughts to stray away from God even for an instant. [in this manner, you will achieve what you seek.]"

wa salam

Do you enjoy free moble calls?

Well think of prayer as free mobile call with Allah swt :)

If you just contemplate the meaning of:

Allah Akbar = God is bigger (not biggest or gretest) but bigger. That is bigger that anything you can imagine even infinity.

Just remember how Allah swt uses the shortest chapter of the Quran (Al-Kawthar) to talk about the plentiness :)

Remember Quran 5:55 when you do rakoo3 and how Imam Ali gave his ring to the poor and do so if you can at least once in your life.

Remember that when you do sijood and sittting up, you are emulating life and death twice.

Quran 2:28

bismillah.gif

ßóíúÝó ÊóßúÝõÑõæäó ÈöÇááøóåö æóßõäÊõãú ÃóãúæóÇÊÇð ÝóÃóÍúíóÇßõãú Ëõãøó íõãöíÊõßõãú Ëõãøó íõÍúíöíßõãú Ëõãøó Åöáóíúåö ÊõÑúÌóÚõæäó

[Shakir 2:28] How do you deny Allah and you were dead and He gave you life? Again He will cause you to die and again bring you to life, then you shall be brought back to Him.

[Yusufali 2:28] How can ye reject the faith in Allah?- seeing that ye were without life, and He gave you life; then will He cause you to die, and will again bring you to life; and again to Him will ye return.

[Pickthal 2:28] How disbelieve ye in Allah when ye were dead and He gave life to you! Then He will give you death, then life again, and then unto Him ye will return.

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 2:28]

True knowledge about Allah is the basis of the faith. The whole system of religion is a natural consequence of that generative factor. The most practical method of acquiring this knowledge is to observe and contemplate on the creation before our eyes, as repeatedly advised by the Quran, known to the modern world as scientific, proceeding from the concrete to the abstract.

Through kuntum amwatan it is made clear that the soul, though existed in the spiritual realm but was unable to take any active part in the visible creation.

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

The human ego, which was not as it is now - a conscious self - is addressed here. The previous state is termed as "being dead". "Giving life" is the present conscious state. The departure of the conscious self from the body is death. The state after this departure is revivification. It is a continuous evolutionary transformation of a conscious self upto the communion with the infinite, not in the sense of annihilation, nor the absorption of the finite into the infinite, but in the sense of the realisation of the fact that nothing is real save Allah.

After departing from one life to live another life, the pain or pleasure in the succeeding life is the result of the mode of life adopted in the preceding life. Therefore the return is for the final retribution.

The Holy Prophet said:

"You shall not be annihilated, because you have been created to last till eternity. You only go from this life of actions (good or bad) to the life of happiness or misery."

And finally you may like to read my "unvalidated" thoughts in

"Soul and Spirit: Do we have a choice?" here http://www.heliwave.com/Soul.and.Spirit.pdf

Guest Zahratul_Islam

It is REALLY difficult for me to pray fajr and I usually end up going through the motions completely detached so I have fixed this problem by praying outside if the weather permits. I absolutely love it and it makes a world of difference.

• Veteran Member

It is REALLY difficult for me to pray fajr and I usually end up going through the motions completely detached so I have fixed this problem by praying outside if the weather permits. I absolutely love it and it makes a world of difference.

If you did that in Canada in January/Febuary, you better believe your husband or whatever wouldn't risk his life to save yours.