Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

im a syed girl.....

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

hello...

im a syed girl born in a very respectable family in my country. this is becoz my paternal grand father was a very famous shiah zakir in the country. so my family belives that syed marriages with non syed is haraam. from my childhood i have been tought this. and until now i never considered going against this. nowadays my family has almost fallen aprt. we are in a financial problem and my parents are close to getting a divorce. i have fallen in love with a non syed boy. and he loves me aswell. he is the only person who keeps me happy nowadays. and i cant imagine living without him.

now i have to decide what im gona do. becoz if i marry him i will be cut off from my family. but i need to marry him. i also need to know wether it is harraam or not. and some honest advice wud be very usefull.

i know there are topics like this...but i want my position to be clear aswell

thanx

• Advanced Member
i also need to know wether it is harraam or not. and some honest advice wud be very usefull.

1-It is not haraam for a female Sayed to marry a non-Sayed.

2-A virgin must have the consent of her father for marriage. That is the law for most Marjaa'. You need to contact your Maraa' to see if there are exception jurisprudence for your case. I'm assuming the only reason your father is rejecting this man is because he is not a Sayed, that is an invalid excuse and hence contacting your Marjaa' or his assistants for the exact jurisprudence is better.

What about getting someone, a religious and respected figure in your community, to speak with your father, explaining to him the "halaalness" of a female Sayeds to marry non Sayeds? Do you think there is someone who can influence your father's decision?

Out of curiosity, and if you don't mind answering, how old are you? And are you independent financially and socially(meaning do you need your father's permission when you leave home or to go on trips on to take serious decisions?)?

Edited by Calm
  • Basic Members

1-It is not haraam for a female Sayed to marry a non-Sayed.

2-A virgin must have the consent of her father for marriage. That is the law for most Marjaa'. You need to contact your Maraa' to see if there are exception jurisprudence for your case. I'm assuming the only reason your father is rejecting this man is because he is not a Sayed, that is an invalid excuse and hence contacting your Marjaa' or his assistants for the exact jurisprudence is better.

What about getting someone, a religious and respected figure in your community, to speak with your father, explaining to him the "halaalness" of a female Sayeds to marry non Sayeds? Do you think there is someone who can influence your father's decision?

Out of curiosity, and if you don't mind answering, how old are you? And are you independent financially and socially(meaning do you need your father's permission when you leave home or to go on trips on to take serious decisions?)?

i am 16 but dont think that im too young to make such a decision. i have been through alot in my life. and i am still dependant on my father in every way

• Advanced Member

salaam,

Its your decision to make,

I pray Allah (Swt) to be with you and help you in your life,

As to your question:

Its ok for syed girl to marry a non syed. Its your personal choice, one should go with a person with faith and piety, and if thats what your potential life partner posesses then your in the right direction.

All the best

Ali

• Advanced Member

i am 16 but dont think that im too young to make such a decision. i have been through alot in my life. and i am still dependant on my father in every way

You're very young and still dependent of your father ,as you said, hence you need his consent to get married. Did the man already proposed and spoke to your father and got rejected? Did you get someone who's opinion can influence your father's? Again, if you try everything with your father and he still refuses and also if the man is religious, good mannered and suitable for you, contact your Marjaa's office for the jurisprudence. I doubt there would be any expecting for you though, considering you are dependent and young, nonetheless give it a try.

• Veteran Member

I dont think you need your fathers permission given your level of dependence on him etc, but you definitely need to let your father know. If he rejects an islamically acceptable offer for marriage, I think you can still go ahead and the nikkah would be valid. I think the problem arises if you do not consent your father at all. In any case if you guys follow some marja, you should check with yours. But yeah forget that syed non syed [Edited Out], its TOTAL BS.

I agree with Zahratul though, you are way too young, we all think we have the world figured out at 15 just cuz we are going through hell lmao. Trust me marriage might just compound ur problems. Get yourself together, and focus on school etc.

• Basic Members

(salam)

I agree with Zahratul though, you are way too young, we all think we have the world figured out at 15 just cuz we are going through hell lmao. Trust me marriage might just compound ur problems. Get yourself together, and focus on school etc.

Sister, this is the best advice you will be given in this thread.

May Allah ta'ala make it easy for you.

(wasalam)

these-days-go-on

Edited by these-days-go-on

o.p.

The sayed concept is not Islamic because in islam a sayed is only sayed by his actions not by his bloodline.

the first rule that islam put was that there is no difference between anyone except by what they do

the sayed concept totally contradicts this islamic law. its very likely that the abbasides created this sayyed issue to rule the ignorant under the excuse that they are from the hashimite family and they succeeded to do that.

many people here call them self sayed but they drink alcohol and commit major sins...

try to study the concept and see where it has originated.

• 2 weeks later...

o.p.

The sayed concept is not Islamic because in islam a sayed is only sayed by his actions not by his bloodline.

the first rule that islam put was that there is no difference between anyone except by what they do

the sayed concept totally contradicts this islamic law. its very likely that the abbasides created this sayyed issue to rule the ignorant under the excuse that they are from the hashimite family and they succeeded to do that.

many people here call them self sayed but they drink alcohol and commit major sins...

try to study the concept and see where it has originated.

sayed is from the bloodline of your father!, actions is only something which distinguishes whether your a good person or not not whether your sayed or not!

i think you need to continue your research a little further and understand what sayed actually means.

also...what do you mean by many people here call themselves sayed yet they drink alcohol and commit major sins??? where r u getting this all from?

• Veteran Member

^ if your father is a sayed and mother non-sayed then you are sayed.

whereas if your father is a non-sayed and mother sayed, then your half a sayed.

typical scenarios to help the confusement.

You are either a sayyed or you're not. You can't be half or quarter sayyed. It's not race or ethnicity. The rule is that if your father is not a sayyed, you are not a sayyed.

Edited by Marbles

hello...

im a syed girl born in a very respectable family in my country. this is becoz my paternal grand father was a very famous shiah zakir in the country. so my family belives that syed marriages with non syed is haraam. from my childhood i have been tought this. and until now i never considered going against this. nowadays my family has almost fallen aprt. we are in a financial problem and my parents are close to getting a divorce. i have fallen in love with a non syed boy. and he loves me aswell. he is the only person who keeps me happy nowadays. and i cant imagine living without him.

now i have to decide what im gona do. becoz if i marry him i will be cut off from my family. but i need to marry him. i also need to know wether it is harraam or not. and some honest advice wud be very usefull.

thanx

you say you are from a sayyid family and are going through rough time in life,i promise you one thing if you look at your ancestors life such as your mother sayedh nisa ul aleem(s.a)(allahuma salle ala Mohammadan wa alhe Mohammed) daughter of the holy prophets(saw) then your troubles will seem irrelevant and also your ancestors were responsible for teaching mankind the virtue of life especially halal and haram, you say you have been bough up to believe such union are haram i am sure your subconscious mind is telling you it is wrong just as if you were to commit any haram act and for your sake i hope you are strong enough to resist this haram temptation as you would if you were offered flash of swine to eat.

What your going through is not just personal dilemma but an attempt by shaitan(la) to lead you astray as a sayyidzadi the burden of upholding your father honour is greater then other females because Allah(swt) has granted the sayyid's a great status which carry greater rewards and even greater chastisement for sins,think carefully ask pak bibi Zahra(s.a))(allahuma salle ala Mohammadan wa alhe Mohammed) for guidence to the right path this is done with 2 rakat namaz e hajaat the then pray for guidance or ask a true bazurgh sayyid and not any mulla.

good luck

Salaam

“Prophet (pbuh) looked at the children of Ali (as) and Jaffar (ra) and said;

“OUR daughters are for OUR sons and OUR sons for OUR daughters”;

Please sister do not fall into the trap of the shaytan

Salaam,

So, if you're interpreting the above to mean what I think you are, do you then believe it is haram for hashimi men to marry non-hashimi women too?

• Advanced Member

Salaam

^Don't misguide people. This narration is weak/ mursal.

w/s

Salaam

To fall into the trap of shaytan is believing in non-sense racist garbage that you quote.

• Basic Members

hello...

thanx

salam sis

i was wondering, how is your situation now? has anything been resolved, i pray Allah makes it easy for you.

saami

london

Salaam

So not only has the daughters of Ali (as) and Fatima (as), so has almost every Imam (as) who married non-syeda women from across the ancient world have, in your logic, fallen into the trap of shaytan! :o

You sir, have committed blasphemy against Allah's chosen ones while claiming to love them

For 16 years your parents have cherished you and now you feel that a strange boy whom you have just met loves you more than your parents! Its ungrateful in the eyes of Allah to marry without your father's consent if you are a virgin. If you are unfaithful to your father how can you be faithful to anyone? During the times of trouble and tribulations you need to be very cautious of your actions. Be very patient and forbearing otherwise you will be misled by the devil into something that will destroy your future.

• Basic Members

Salam

Sister i totally understand what you are going through...i pray sincerely that your problems are sorted out very soon...i hope that the matters get cleared and your parents never have to get divorced..

as for your case, i am a syed too and i know its totally not permissible to marry a non-syed boy..and the main reason is just so that you donot have troubles in the future...i am not against non syed people but i would say that not to bring your parents into more stress...for now atleast...dont think about marrying that guy......when a person falls in love..we generally tend to think that they alone can bring us happiness..and if we dun get them our life will be ruined..but trust me..its not always like that..its only our minds that are stuck up with that person that make us think that...i will suggest you to be patient...and for now just help your parents..make sure their relationship doesnt end...and try to get some help from other family members to solve the financial problems..

i pray that all ur problems go away..

• Advanced Member

Salaam

(salam)

why was Syeda Zainab (s.a) married to Hadrat Abdullah then ?

• Advanced Member

salam,

I m sayed hassan shah from Pakistan,

look you almost aware that a sadat girl can't marry with nonsadat, BUT,

IF the boy is pure QURESHI then in rare cases it is possible. me also well aware of these problems

(salam)

This is madness... lol the shia Barahman wants to get married to a Shudra.. Is your version of shia islam derived from Hinduism ?

Peace

hello...

thanx

salam

just a small remark : there''s no such thing as sayed)woman or girl , a man is called sayed if he's hashimi and woman is called alawyyah

and no it's not haram at all and there's nothing in quran and sunnah prohibiting this marriage so ask your family to present a single proof from quran or hadith that it's haraam and they wont be able to , be assured

this is a stupid custom invented after the times of masoomin and early shia

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

man hands up whoever is gettin tired of hearing ppl boasting bout being sayed

I'm a syed - from both my mother and father.

And my hand is up.

Makes no difference at the end of the day, whether your a syed or not. Apart from the 14 masoomeen syed, we're all the same.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

For 16 years your parents have cherished you and now you feel that a strange boy whom you have just met loves you more than your parents! Its ungrateful in the eyes of Allah to marry without your father's consent if you are a virgin. If you are unfaithful to your father how can you be faithful to anyone? During the times of trouble and tribulations you need to be very cautious of your actions. Be very patient and forbearing otherwise you will be misled by the devil into something that will destroy your future.

This is the right answer Hasanna posted.

Dear Hasanna,

Salam alikum,

I salute you for your views in this matter. Well said and logically explained to this young lady. Now it is upto her to make a choice.

• Advanced Member

Look, see here.

Im a guy with a non-syed father and a syed mother. And whats more, their marriage was an ARRAIGNED MARRIAGE.

This Syeds marrying non-syeds being haram is absolute BS. Most of the final 6 Imams had AFRICAN mothers who were freed slaves.

Instead of learning from the examples of he Masoomeen, we Shias have turned our backs to the lesson of tolerance and racial equality that they tried to teach us.