Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
yahossein

Hadith on Aliens and Imam Jafar

Rate this topic

Jaber asked, “What are the shining stars, which are at a fixed distance from us and are always in motion?”

Ja’far as-Sadeq replied, “Each star is a small universe within the great universe. It is a collection of heavenly bodies, i.e. a sun and it’s satellites. They are in perpetual motion so that they may not fall down and break up. If their movement stops, the universe will come to an end. It is perpetual motion, which creates life. In other words perpetual motion itself is life. If the motion stops, life would cease to exist.”

Jaber asked, “What is the shape and form of stars in space?”

Ja’far as-Sadeq replied, “Some stars are solid, some liquid and some in gaseous state.”

Jaber said in wonderment, “How can we believe that stars may be in a gaseous state. Is it possible for gases to shine as the stars do at night?”

Ja’far as-Sadeq said, “Not all the stars, but only those which are very hot, are in the form of gas. Excessive heat turns them into gas and makes them shine, just as very high temperature of our sun makes it shine. It is also in a gaseous state.”

Jaber asked, “How does the movement of stars keep them from falling?”

Ja’far as-Sadeq said, “Put a stone in a sling and swing it round your head. The stone will stay in the sling so long as you are rotating it. But as soon as you stop the rotation, the stone will fall down on the ground. In the same way the perpetual motion of stars keeps them from falling down.”

Jaber asked, “Are their Human beings in the stars? You have said just now that each star is a collection of heavenly bodies.”

Ja’far as-Sadeq replied, “I cannot say that there are human beings in other worlds, but I can say that there are living beings, whom we cannot see because of the great distance between us.”

Jaber said, “What is the proof that there are living beings in other worlds?”

Ja’far as-Sadeq replied, “It is my belief that Allah, Who has created the Universe, knows everything. In His Book, the Holy Qur’an, He has mentioned the name of Jinn. They are living beings, which cannot be seen. Perhaps the Jinn, who are in other worlds, may be like us.”

Maghz-e Motafakker Jehan Shi’ah, Kawkab ‘Ali Mirza translation,

Page 134

Is this actually Sahih???

Jinn are extradimensional living in a parallel world. How would they be extraterrestrial living on another planet.

Edited by yahossein

Jaber said, “What is the proof that there are living beings in other worlds?”

Ja’far as-Sadeq replied, “It is my belief that Allah, Who has created the Universe, knows everything. In His Book, the Holy Qur’an, He has mentioned the name of Jinn. They are living beings, which cannot be seen. Perhaps the Jinn, who are in other worlds, may be like us.”

(bismillah)

I dont understand this ^^^ part of the hadit. Its different from the tone of the rest of the hadith. The use of the words like "my belief", "perhaps" and "may be" indicate uncertainty. Imams (as) have inherited knowledge from Rasool Allah (pbuh). What they know is certain. Why would they be uncertain in their reply?

One needs to check the actual hadith in Arabic. Among other things this could be a translation error.

WS

(bismillah)

I dont understand this ^^^ part of the hadit. Its different from the tone of the rest of the hadith. The use of the words like "my belief", "perhaps" and "may be" indicate uncertainty. Imams (as) have inherited knowledge from Rasool Allah (pbuh). What they know is certain. Why would they be uncertain in their reply?

One needs to check the actual hadith in Arabic. Among other things this could be a translation error.

WS

Good observation. But how can you say the Imams (as) or the Prophet (saws) know everything. They definitely have been given knowledge which surpasses everyone else on this earth...but we dont know how vast that knowledge is.

Good observation. But how can you say the Imams (as) or the Prophet (saws) know everything. They definitely have been given knowledge which surpasses everyone else on this earth...but we dont know how vast that knowledge is.

I am not saying they knew everything. What I am saying is that they would not reply to a questioner with guess work. The use of words like "perhaps" and "may be" dont fit right. If they knew something they would tell with certainty.

WS

(bismillah)

(salam)

Good points made. I cant imagine imams saying 'perhaps'. But a more important point to mention is the Quran specifically details Jinn live among us. Shayateen live among us. How can this Hadith be sahih as Imam Jafar must have had knowledge that the Jinn are extradimensional beings as every muslim knows. This hadith seems to imply the Imam has no clue about the Jinn and says he 'thinks' that they be on other planets.

I dunno cant find the source anywhere. But take a look at this

When asked if there were other life forms on other planet, Imam Ja’far as-Sadeq (as) replied “Like this world there are 70,000 other planets with each of their peoples believing they are alone in the universe.”

The sixth Holy Imam, Imam Ja’far as-Sadeq (as) has said: “Perhaps you think God has not created a humanity other than you. No! I swear to God that He has created thousands upon thousands of mankinds and you are the last among them.”

Behar al-Anwar, volume 14, page 79

Hmmm before it was saying the Jinn live on these planets. Then saying that people before lived on other planets and we are the last. Then saying theres 70,000 other human planets. I think this is all made up hadith.

Personally, I would think that the Jinn would be a different thing all together from aliens on other planets. Jinn are physical beings constructed of an ethereal substance, smokeless fire, while insan is of earth. For some reason I tend to think that if there are other beings on other planets they are essentially of the same make as us and probably also have jinn pestering them.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Personally, I would think that the Jinn would be a different thing all together from aliens on other planets. Jinn are physical beings constructed of an ethereal substance, smokeless fire, while insan is of earth. For some reason I tend to think that if there are other beings on other planets they are essentially of the same make as us and probably also have jinn pestering them.

Hmm no doubt the jinn are on earth. I know that the bad ones are demons and of course the individuals who practice black magic and sorcery that summon these beings see their form. In fact the Quran mentions the Ifreet and Jinn that have wings and can fly.

But You know when the Quran says Insaan is of earth/clay and Jinn of fire does that mean we are 'phyical' and material beings and they are inherently 'non-physical' beings so because of that the have more power, and less boundries (although Allah states mankind is superior when he showed to the Angels Hadhrat Adam's (a.s) intelligence and the Angels bowed down to him, and so im guessing the Jinn have not been blessed with the intelligence of mankind) .

Allah (swt) knows best

(wasalam)

I'm careful to make the distinction of physical be ethereal... seems to me there are plenty of narrations that indicate the Jinn are tangible physical beings but of a different order due to their substance and that their realm of usual dwelling isn't precisely the physical realm we inhabit, though it exists alongside it.

(salam)

You have just piqued my interest. :unsure:

Is there a reason why we do not consider Jinn as alien? :unsure:

I mean the word Alien gives impression of some extra-terrestrial being....But is Jinn earthly being?

(salam)

You have just piqued my interest. :unsure:

Is there a reason why we do not consider Jinn as alien? :unsure:

I mean the word Alien gives impression of some extra-terrestrial being....But is Jinn earthly being?

Yes. I mean obviously we use 'Alien' in the tradional sense of the word meaning extraterrestrial beings. However 'Alien' lieterally means foreign. Jinn is and earthly being but live in a parallel world in another dimension. They inhabit and share the planet with us. They are every where. They can see us but we cannot see them as the Quran mentions when it refers to Iblis and his army of Jinn. So Jinn are extradimensional.

Basically if you ever seen the video game pacman. That little blob is on the screen in its 2d world but because you are 3d you can actually see the whole screen and all its pathways, obstacles etc so can see 'outside' pacmans 2d view.

I dunno cant find the source anywhere. But take a look at this

When asked if there were other life forms on other planet, Imam Ja’far as-Sadeq (as) replied “Like this world there are 70,000 other planets with each of their peoples believing they are alone in the universe.”

The sixth Holy Imam, Imam Ja’far as-Sadeq (as) has said: “Perhaps you think God has not created a humanity other than you. No! I swear to God that He has created thousands upon thousands of mankinds and you are the last among them.”

Behar al-Anwar, volume 14, page 79

Hmmm before it was saying the Jinn live on these planets. Then saying that people before lived on other planets and we are the last. Then saying theres 70,000 other human planets. I think this is all made up hadith.

these ahadith on this thread look like the ones that are found in the english book 'imam jafar the great muslim scientist' but i'm not sure if the author gave references to which books he extracted the ahadith.

Edited by gogiison2