Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
thatguy33

Sisters, give a brother some advice.

Rate this topic

:wacko: @ the ignorance

You don't know Iranian police at all!

Mohr marks? Hardly any of them even pray, let alone have mohr marks!

lol no bro, i mean those "guardians of the revolution" guys or whatever you call them

Marbles bhai I really think you lack understanding on the nature of Iranian police officers.

They don't care if a man shaves. Most of them are shaven themselves (although Iranian style shaven):

LOL bro. I compared Iranian morality police to spouses who are keen on haram-halal policing. Remember those guys in the streets who enforce dress code and order you to stop playing music in public. Those ones.

And oh thanks for the info on Iranian police. 'Twas interesting. :)

lol @ iranian police marbles, innit. talk about gestapo with mohr marks on their foreheads.

LOL mate. :lol:

Edited by Marbles

To the OP - do NOT approach girls at the masjid, it's indecent and awkward! If you want to talk to her you better have a valid excuse/context - i.e. in a situation where it's actually warranted.

It's much easier to have the imam of the masjid help you out, or your mother or sister.

Hi there,

From what I have concluded, you have seen many muslim girls at the mosque and you are interesting in marrying them?

Well I suggest that before wanting to marry them you should atleast interact with them, get to know them or simply find out more

about them from other sources. Simply because they go to the mosque, does not mean that you can spend a happy

and successful married life with them. I don't think it is a good idea to just go talk to a girl you see outside the mosque,

because you are a stranger to them. If you live with you parents you should get them to inquire more about girls

who are single and eligible for marriage. And if you don't have you parents around, then perhaps you should

interact with other elders in the mosque and maybe use a middle-man to get the whole process of finding

a momina for marriage started.

Salams

I thought this would the best place to post this. I often see hijabi girls at my masjid that are marriage potential but I have no clue how to approach them especially at the masjid. I feel like Iam letting all these chances go by but I dont know what to do. Would you guys find it strange if a guy came up to you at the masjid and just starting chatting? I know some people say to ask a female friend to go speak with her but that seems kind of tacky like you dont have the guts to speak for yourself....what is a guy to do in this situation.

1. Just the fact that you are attracted to practicing muslims is a good thing.

2. Don't be scared bro...a good majority of girls who are 21 and above and r still not married..they want to get married more than u do...

if you think it is appropriate to approach em directly... then do that.. otherwise get someone else (your parents, friends, Imam of the mosque, admin....) involved. Now is the time to know more about her.... see if there is a compatibility between u two.

3. Just be honest to yourself and to her..... that the only reason you are talking to her is cuz you are looking for a life-partner.... not a gf !!!

4. If you like her, don't take forever to tell her that.... and if she likes you too... then it's time to move forward - propose her.

Hope this helps :)

WS

I agree with this. I can't imagine approaching a girl only due to her looks/hijab without ever having an opportunity to talk or to get to know her.

There is nothing wrong with seeking out an attractive person. The prophet pbuh even said that attraction is important in marriage. Obviously you do not marry someone for this reason only, which is why it is important to seek out advice about their family and character.

My advice is to go to the imam, ask him if he knows her family, and then approach her father or mother. To me, this is the best way. May Allah subhanna wa ta'ala give you a pious wife, and pious children, ameen!

this might be just me but i think hooking up AT a masjid is wrong. if you are interested in a girl, i think its best to either talk to your mom/sis/aunt or someone of this nature and see if they can find out who that girl is. if not then, if you have any guys friends or a father who may know her father then you can find out who she is this way as well.

ok im 17 and in high school in usa my friends ask me this and what i say is talk directly but in the mouque i say get ur mom to talk to them or maybe a sis and talk to her by mutah or an adult watching

Salams

I thought this would the best place to post this. I often see hijabi girls at my masjid that are marriage potential but I have no clue how to approach them especially at the masjid. I feel like Iam letting all these chances go by but I dont know what to do. Would you guys find it strange if a guy came up to you at the masjid and just starting chatting? I know some people say to ask a female friend to go speak with her but that seems kind of tacky like you dont have the guts to speak for yourself....what is a guy to do in this situation.

if my sister was in that masjid and a guy like you was there looking at her????????????????????????????????????????????

why are you going to the masjid and looking at peoples sisters??????? have you no shame? you'r looking at peoples wives, somones daughter, somones mother, again have you no shame????

why are you repliers, replying back to this person as if hes doing a beautiful act? if he approached your sister would you tolerate it? if he approached your daughter? would you again tolerate it?

come on admins and mods, why are you motivating this person and not telling him hes doing wrong, why all blinded by beauty that has uglyness and evils hidden behind it, maula (Saw) said (recall this from naahjal balagah) people fail to see somthings that are ugly, because these things look beauiful, some people look at them as blessings and heavenly while when the same thing is ugly and of no use at the same level they reject it and call it ugly and haram. if you're looking for a wife, you dont choose ways which the lady will feel comfortable so she will not run away from you or shy away, that lady will have self respect if she ran away from you, or even better if she slapped you then ran.

you guy especially the advanced members need to advise this poor islamic brother the islamic way not the westernised haram ways of getting married, if you're going to teach others of how to approach peoples daughters and sisters in an unislamic way, then what does that say about you guys? please wake up, the first action should be islamic, you cannot do a wrong to do a good

sorry i mean no offence but im looking out for the brother, as the after life is our goal, don't make this life your goal only.

Edited by alialiali

why are you going to the masjid and looking at peoples sisters??????? have you no shame? you'r looking at peoples wives, somones daughter, somones mother again have you no shame????

from what you quoted, I don't think he has super particular people picked out, he was just looking in general as he is considering marriage. That is completely halaal (provided he keeps it to one look)

Apparently he has alot of haya as he is asking how to approach the girls he wants to propose to. A person with no shame would grab the girl's wrist and say: "hey, if looking at you is gunnah, i don't want any sawab. Marry me :!!!: "

why are you repliers, replying back to this person as if hes doing a beautiful act? if he approached your sis would you tolerate it?if he approached your daughter? would you again tolerate it?

The repliers are helping the guy out with his problem. It's part of the purpose of the whole forum. If he approached my sister and I was a guy, I'd be sure to beat him up first (it's expected from a brother) then probably accept his proposal for my sister.

If he approached my daughter, I'd suss him out. Be sure of his character, then have him kidnapped & nikah'd to my daughter. weeee hapy days for all

:Hijabi:

Um, this thread is from 2009, by now the man is happily married. If anyone is encountering a similar problem though: Approaching a hijabi at a masjid is the worst thing you can do. :) Thats what mothers are forrrr :mad:

from what you quoted, I don't think he has super particular people picked out, he was just looking in general as he is considering marriage. That is completely halaal (provided he keeps it to one look)

Apparently he has alot of haya as he is asking how to approach the girls he wants to propose to. A person with no shame would grab the girl's wrist and say: "hey, if looking at you is gunnah, i don't want any sawab. Marry me :!!!: "

The repliers are helping the guy out with his problem. It's part of the purpose of the whole forum. If he approached my sister and I was a guy, I'd be sure to beat him up first (it's expected from a brother) then probably accept his proposal for my sister.

If he approached my daughter, I'd suss him out. Be sure of his character, then have him kidnapped & nikah'd to my daughter. weeee hapy days for all

:Hijabi:

Um, this thread is from 2009, by now the man is happily married. If anyone is encountering a similar problem though: Approaching a hijabi at a masjid is the worst thing you can do. :) Thats what mothers are forrrr :mad:

brother there are other actions which are also forbiudden too other then grabbing a girl by the wrist lol , even my sunni brothers agree upon this, one of the soul purpose if a hijab is so men do not see the woman, men also have a hijab, where they avoid looking at women , whether they are single or married. this brother is looking at other hijabi ladies at masjids not by accident, he is purposly looking. those sisters are yours and my sisters brother, idealy i would do what any other brother would do for his sister, these women are you're sisters brother

so looking is forbidden whether the male is married or not,

and yes brother they are you're sisters

my blood ain't boiling as much as yours lol seems like you have a good head on you're shoulders when it comes to sisters, i agree with everything else you have replied back,

since its an old thread, you're probably right he maybe married, unless he's suffered consequences of the great advice given on some of the members lol, gone out there full of confidence to chat up somones sister, then later hospitalised by a good brother lol? even worse the slap of a hijabi sister at a masjib may have knoked him out lol, unless he was from saudi, heard they chop the hands off a theif if caught, maybe thats why he aint replied because he cant type no more?

never mind ay, its the begining of the end, it is written how haram would look halal, murderers get away with murders in the dunya, but cant get away from dying themselves.

thanks for that

Edited by alialiali

Salaam,

I just wanted to say that I don't think that it would be weird for you to talk to her. I also don't think that its tacky to get a female to speak to her first since this seems very mature to do in an islamic law. I hope all goes well and inshAllah she becomes the one.

hope all goes well and inshAllah she becomes the one.

Or becomes the one of many insha'Allah ta'ala

ALLAHHHHHHHHH HUMMA SALLE ALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MUHAMMADDDDDDDDDDDDDDD WA AAAAAAAAAAALE MUHAMMADDDDDDDD

KHODAAAAAA YAAAAAAA KHODAAAAAAAA YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

TAKBEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Allah HU AKBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALLAHHHHHHHHH HU AKBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALLAHHHHHH HU AKBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6638D-supplication.jpgduaessence.jpg