In the Name of God بسم الله

Most difficult thing in the world...

Rate this topic

Basim Ali

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam),

I was wondering what each of you consider, the hardest, toughest and most difficult thing to do in this world. Something that requires a lot of courage, determination, will-power, etc. (lol you know what I mean ;) )

I think, it's changing one's religion/sect, if one already has strong faith in his current religion even if there are more proofs than the number of hairs on his head (metaphor not applicable for bald people :lol: )

(wasalam)

Basim Ali Jafri

(bismillah)

(salam),

I was wondering what each of you consider, the hardest, toughest and most difficult thing to do in this world. Something that requires a lot of courage, determination, will-power, etc. (lol you know what I mean ;) )

I think, it's changing one's religion/sect, if one already has strong faith in his current religion even if there are more proofs than the number of hairs on his head (metaphor not applicable for bald people :lol: )

(wasalam)

Basim Ali Jafri

(salam)

good question !

sorry no answer just wanted to say good question, smooth approach. B)

yes. socially constructed identities are the hardest things to drop for most of us.

Living forever with someone who......well is not that same someone anymore.

You mean lost their mind? I can imagine that would be tough, especially if it's someone you love dearly.

The hardest thing I've ever had to do is divorce my ex. Inflicting that much emotional pain on someone who doesn't deserve to be pained at all is very, very difficult.

• Advanced Member

You mean lost their mind? I can imagine that would be tough, especially if it's someone you love dearly.

The hardest thing I've ever had to do is divorce my ex. Inflicting that much emotional pain on someone who doesn't deserve to be pained at all is very, very difficult.

Well not necessarily lost their mind...Just become someone different.....very different.

Harder than the divorce may have been the option of staying with your ex. when you both know for sure its over. Think about that.

• Veteran Member

If she didnt deserve it, why did you give it to her?

Guest Sundown

It all revolves around giving up something you love, but it doesn't require a lot of courage, determination or will-power unless you have a choice. Choices determine character.

• Advanced Member

It all revolves around giving up something you love, but it doesn't require a lot of courage, determination or will-power unless you have a choice. Choices determine character.

:) Right. To choose to let go of something which u love is the most difficult thing.

Guest Sundown

On second thought, the hardest thing in the world is hurting someone.

Are you sure about that? I think it's the easiest thing in the world for some of us, and it gets easier for others when nobody finds out. It's unfortunate, but there are many people out there who take pleasure in others' suffering.

• Veteran Member

(salam),

Jihad of the nafs pretty much.

Definitely. The situation of changing one's religion/sect is covered up by that.

(wasalam)

Basim Ali Jafri

Pardon my curiosity, but why would you choose to hurt someone?

(salam),

Perhaps because he/she should learn a lesson.

(wasalam)

Basim Ali Jafri

Edited by Basim Ali

Guest Sundown

Perhaps because he/she should learn a lesson.

As a last resort, yes, but then it wouldn't really be a choice and you'd never regret it. Either way, the hardest, toughest and most difficult thing to do in this world is anything but selfish.

• Advanced Member

Divorce is very very hard........... :blush:

Guest Sundown

Sometimes the immediate hurt is the less hurt in the long run. Sometimes circumstances are just such that it is necessary. Sometimes the benefit of the hurt is more than the harm done by it, or the harm of avoiding it is too much to bear. It still is horrible while you are doing it.

In which case it depends on your relationship with that person. I don't agree with you in theory, but practically, it was the most difficult thing I've done so far, after exhausting my options.