In the Name of God بسم الله

Quran, Evolution and Exceptionalism

Rate this topic

Alihd

• Basic Members

I Believe in the theory of Evolution, so firstly the various Harun Yahya lovers can stuff it. I am open to anyone who beleives in human exceptionalism provided they can prove it and rebutt the arguments against it.

Now I see the Quran says

# 25:54 (Asad) And He it is who out of this [very] water has created man, [43] and has endowed him with [the con­sciousness of] descent and marriage-tie: [44] for thy Sustainer is ever infinite in His power.

# 21:30 (Asad) ARE, THEN, they who are bent on denying the truth not aware that the heavens and the earth were [once] one single entity, which We then parted asunder? – [38] and [that] We made out of water every living thing? Will they not, then, [begin to] believe? [39]

We are living are we not?

# 11:7 (Y. Ali) He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days - and His Throne was over the waters - that He might try you, which of you is best in conduct. But if thou wert to say to them, "Ye shall indeed be raised up after death", the Unbelievers would be sure to say, "This is nothing but obvious sorcery!

Natural selection?

# 2:30 (Y. Ali) Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."

So how do we deal with Adam and Hawa with evolution, that they were ensouled in a evolved human body? Opinions views please!

• Basic Members

well to my understanding, there's evolution and creation and the two goes together. lets take an example of 'the theory of spontaneous generation', according to which a particular specie of more complex organisms evolve from less complex, giving rise to the development of unicellular to multicellular organism, at a time in the process of evolution a well specialized form of specie can be created and they follow their own peculiar pattern of evolutionary process( as guided by Divine Decree and Destiny).

so may be Adam and Hawa fall in to the category of creation (with special purpose), and the advancement in Human civilization from their days to the days of Homo sapiens Neinderthelensis ( modern man) till........ might be the evolutionary processes in this specie.

Allah knows best.

• Advanced Member

From the extensive research I have done on this subject, I have come to conclude that the 'theory' of evolution is a fact that can not be refuted.

the atlas of creation by harun yahya is bogus and hes a man of business rather than one trying to prove anything.

feel free to ask any questions.

salam

note: the above translation is wrong, the specific verse DOES NOT say that everything is created from water. rather it should say ''through water we have sustained every living thing''

that verse is commonly used for our purpose but is mistranslated and we should acknowledge that fact.

(dont get me wrong i do believe that everything was created from a mixture that had water, but the above verse doesnt say that)

Edited by lion

• Advanced Member

I forgot to add ,human Excepttionalism is clearly a fool's idea.

as to adam and hawwa, they were humans that were given the power of najdain, or in other words knowledge of right and wrong. this phase was the transitional phase that favored them above other ignorant humans living at that time, thus the idea of reward and punishment became suitable for their actions and the actions of their children.

Edited by lion

• Advanced Member

I believe humans are exception in the sense that it is a MIRACLE !!!, according to Quran

God said

""

Lo! the likeness of Jesus with Allah is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust, then He said unto him: Be! and he is.

""

Edited by culturei

as to adam and hawwa, they were humans that were given the power of najdain, or in other words knowledge of right and wrong. this phase was the transitional phase that favored them above other ignorant humans living at that time, thus the idea of reward and punishment became suitable for their actions and the actions of their children.

Yes but Adam and Hawaa had no parents. Muslims must therefore reconcile this with - among other things - the genetic similarities we, their descendents have with chimpanzees.

• Advanced Member

^ that is one view, i for one do believe that adam and eve had a mother and father.

there are basic issues witch muslims do take into question, like is the natural world affected by an outside force or does it function by itself. I tend to agree with the idea that God has control over everything at its atomic level oras commonly said '' things are the way they are for a reason''

then we ask, would it be a problem if the natural world can function ALONE? to my understanding, no it wouldnt be a problem because ultimately matter came into being from nothing CREATED by God,thus its ability to readily change throughout time doesnt constitute as proof against God rather its the application of natural forces that too were set into action by God.

• Advanced Member

I doubt you would find many students of theology who would agree with you on that one. However, after many years of having pets including two cats, I've realized that animals have so many of the characteristics, although to a less pronounced degree, that we humans have - guilt, fear, gratefulness, compassion, love, jealousy, anger, etc. One well-read, devout person tried to convince me that humans have a soul while animals do not. It just didn't sound right to me.

• Advanced Member

I doubt you would find many students of theology who would agree with you on that one. However, after many years of having pets including two cats, I've realized that animals have so many of the characteristics, although to a less pronounced degree, that we humans have - guilt, fear, gratefulness, compassion, love, jealousy, anger, etc. One well-read, devout person tried to convince me that humans have a soul while animals do not. It just didn't sound right to me.

salam,

It is perhaps a deep subject that i have pondered over many times, and I came to realize that ''to each his own'' is a principle that must be applied to all living things,

Reality tells us that it is pigeons not humans that know how to fly back home even if they are taken over 1000 miles away.

It is clear that animals do experience emotion, based on their needs and sunnah or way of life.

just because humans can scream out ''I love youuuuuu!!'' doesnt make it any more pronounced does it.

most Theologians arent well versed with the science of today ,which greatly undermines their thought processes, in my opinion.

It sounds pretty, looks pretty, but its not true.