Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Where to buy Shi'a Ahadith in Melbourne

• Basic Members

I am wondering where to buy Shia books and Hadith in Melbourne, since I don't mingle with Shia's in Melbourne I don't know where the book stores live.

And Google doesn't help me...(stupid google)

Does anyone know the address of the Bookstores and the name of the Shops?

And...I don't want to buy online(everything wishes you have a credit card and I just don't own one) lol

Thanks

I am wondering where to buy Shia books and Hadith in Melbourne, since I don't mingle with Shia's in Melbourne I don't know where the book stores live.

And Google doesn't help me...(stupid google)

Does anyone know the address of the Bookstores and the name of the Shops?

And...I don't want to buy online(everything wishes you have a credit card and I just don't own one) lol

Thanks

There is a very good book of Shia hadith published by ICAS press. It is 1000 pages long (but very thin paper so that it is the size of a normal book). It is in Arabic-English. It is called The Scale of Wisdom. It is a translation of selections from many Shia hadith collections, arranged by topic.

It is 45 British pounds. Yes, it's expensive, but it's a very well done work and it is worth it.

They also publish a smaller book called _Combat with the Self_ which is also translation of hadith, in Arabic-English. That might be more affordable.

If you would like to order either one and don't have a credit card, we can make some sort of arrangement where you send me the money and I send you the book. Let me know on my profile.

Their website is http://www.islamic-college.ac.uk/Research/title.html

Also you should try to get a credit card if you can just because it makes life easier and you should not hold a balance on it.

• Basic Members

There is a very good book of Shia hadith published by ICAS press. It is 1000 pages long (but very thin paper so that it is the size of a normal book). It is in Arabic-English. It is called The Scale of Wisdom. It is a translation of selections from many Shia hadith collections, arranged by topic.

It is 45 British pounds. Yes, it's expensive, but it's a very well done work and it is worth it.

They also publish a smaller book called _Combat with the Self_ which is also translation of hadith, in Arabic-English. That might be more affordable.

If you would like to order either one and don't have a credit card, we can make some sort of arrangement where you send me the money and I send you the book. Let me know on my profile.

Their website is http://www.islamic-college.ac.uk/Research/title.html

Also you should try to get a credit card if you can just because it makes life easier and you should not hold a balance on it.

Credit cards involve rib'a ... I don't really want to involve in that stuff.

I am more towards looking for Al-Kafi ect: the Big Hadith books of Shia beliefs.

Thanks.

• Advanced Member

This isn't much help with where to locate Shia books, but maybe this will help with the credit card thing.

Banks like ANZ and Bendigo (not sure of the others that do this) have a Visa Debit Card. This means you can use it like a credit card but you are using the money in your account - no money, no transaction - and you don't pay any interest. I've had one for years and would be lost without it.