Orion

Dawoodi Bohra beliefs and practices.

respected brother fakkhruddin, i have been looking through my inbox and i noticed an email i recieved ages ago, which showed pictures if i think (cant be sure) the same "dai" that you have been posting in this thread.

the pictures that i have (and i have many 10's) all seem to show people - mostly young women in tight shalwaar kameez without dupatta - dancing in front of the dai, who is sat on a chair, and then the women all form a line in front of the dai, and place their feet in his lap, he then proceeds to kiss/ snuggle their feet one by one.

what is the meaning behind this? i would post the pictures but i think the whole women dancing and foot fetish thing is a little innapropriate.

respected brother fakkhruddin, i have been looking through my inbox and i noticed an email i recieved ages ago, which showed pictures if i think (cant be sure) the same "dai" that you have been posting in this thread.

the pictures that i have (and i have many 10's) all seem to show people - mostly young women in tight shalwaar kameez without dupatta - dancing in front of the dai, who is sat on a chair, and then the women all form a line in front of the dai, and place their feet in his lap, he then proceeds to kiss/ snuggle their feet one by one.

what is the meaning behind this? i would post the pictures but i think the whole women dancing and foot fetish thing is a little innapropriate.

Allahs Lanat on person who has fabricated such thing or who has communicated such things.

Certainly its the doings of Shaitaan.

My Brother, if you dig for next hundred year to find a sin committed by our past 1-52 dai's you will not find it.

May Allah enlighten you.

Just for reference few old photos of Dai's will be posted

bro the thing is, the man in question certainly looks like your dai, only he does not have a beard, he is clean shaven. he has the same stooped way of sitting and hunched back, and the same build/ skin tone, but hes dressed in western clothes.

*edit*

wait a minute - bro fakhruddin are you the same as the "agha khanis" :blush:

*edit* *edit*

im really sorry if i offended you

Edited by maula dha mallang

bro the thing is, the man in question certainly looks like your dai, only he does not have a beard, he is clean shaven. he has the same stooped way of sitting and hunched back, and the same build/ skin tone, but hes dressed in western clothes.

*edit*

wait a minute - bro fakhruddin are you the same as the "agha khanis" :blush:

Ya Allah you have a very good level of understanding. How can you relate our current dai's shown in previous photos with a beard, with many year old photo you have with a man who is clean shaven. Ya Allah, why don't you evaluate before posting such nonsense

From past so many post we are discussing about Ismali Mustali Dawoodi bohra and now you are talking about "agha khani" which are Ismali Nizari followers.

I think either you don't know about anything and are posting, or you want to instigate and misguide the readers.

Latter looks more possible

WS

Edited by Fakhruddin

wait a minute - bro fakhruddin are you the same as the "agha khanis"

Bro there are two main subsects of Isma'ilis. Nizari and Musta'li. Nizaris are commonly known as Agha Khanis. Of the Musta'li, the most numerous are Dawoodi Bohras. (Other Musta'li branches which follow different line of da'is include Suleimani Bohras, Alvi Bohras etc.)

Of all Shia sects, Dawoodi Bohras are closest in beliefs and practices to Shia Ithna Asharis. Unlike Agha Khanis, they follow the laws of Shariah and also take part in majalis and matamdari.

Thanks.

Edited by Marbles

just poping up again to say jazakallah bro fakhruddin lots of true information from your side thanx once again.

Dua un nasr wal mahabat

Amirul Mumineen(SA) extracted this dua from the Quran e Majeed for himself and he always kept it with him.

Anyone carrying a copy of it while going into battle will vanquish his enemy.

Anyone carrying it while visiting a ruler will have no fear of that ruler’s deceit.

Anyone carrying it when confronting a foe will render him speechless.

It is a protection from those with evil intents.

Reciting this mubarak dua 3 times after fajr namaz will alleviate 72 hardships, the least of which is being killed.

Always carrying the dua gives the person importance and rank with the ruler.

It is the dua which is immediately heard and, by its wasila, desires are fulfilled.

Once when Ziyad bin al-Aswad visited Imam Mohammed al-Baqir (SA) his feet were bleeding. When the Imam (SA) asked him the reason, Ziyad replied, “Maula! I could not afford to buy a big camel, so I bought a smaller and weaker one upon which I placed my luggage. Due to this I had to walk all the way here.” Upon hearing this tears flowed from the Imam’s (SA) eyes.

Upon seeing this, Ziyad said, “Maula! I have committed many sins. Sometimes I feel that I will perish, but then I remember your mohabbat by which I hope for repentance.”

The Imam (SA) looked towards him and stated three times, “Deen is indeed Mohabbat. Deen is indeed Mohabbat. Deen is indeed Mohabbat.”

6 killed, 42 wounded in Iraq's Karbala bomb attacks

BAGHDAD, Oct. 14 (Xinhua) -- At least six people were killed and 42 others injured in three coordinated bomb explosions in the Shiite holy city of Karbala on Wednesday, a well-informed police source said.

Three explosive charges went off successively in two main streets and a crowded parking lot in central Karbala, some 110 km south of Baghdad, the source told Xinhua on condition of anonymity.

The death toll could rise, as many victims were transported to hospitals and medical centers in the city, the source said.

Several vehicles were seen badly damaged or charred at the sites, he said, adding that Iraqi security forces cordoned off the scenes of the blasts where human flesh and blood stains scattered.

Sporadic attacks continue in Iraq as part of recent deterioration in security which shapes a setback to the efforts of the Iraqi government to restore normalcy in the country after U.S. troops pulled out of cities and towns over three months ago.

Salaam Alaikum Bro. Fakhruddin,

Thank you for giving us insight on your beliefs. It is very much appreciated.

If you could give us some "authorized" links which explain the history, beliefs and rituals/traditions about Dawoodi Bohras.

It required of us all to better understand each other in order to lead a peaceful coexistence.

Our goal should not be to convince but just to inform. And with that information and knowledge Allah shall guide us.

hello ..im personally an ithna ashari.. but i got a close friend.. who studies in Jamea in India.. so i got a bit of knowledge about bohra religion.. ali engineer.. actually the whole progressive bohras.. they call themselves bohras.. but they reject the authority of current dai - who represents the imam .. thats the main belief of bohras ..so basically its something like they reject the main belief of bohra religion - yet they call themselves bohra ..and i regularly visit their forums.. they're all messed up.. they don't wanna keep a beard.. they hate how bohras dress up.. they don't wanna speak the tradtional gujrati-arabic ..they make fun of matam and azadiri ..let alone shias they don't even sound like muslims..

Ps. orian seems more like a progressive bohra - he writes just like they do on their forums :-D

and anyone interested in knowing about bohras can read this book.. its available on amazon..

Mullahs on the Mainframe: Islam and Modernity Among the Daudi Bohras by Jonah Blank

hello ..im personally an ithna ashari.. but i got a close friend.. who studies in Jamea in India.. so i got a bit of knowledge about bohra religion.. ali engineer.. actually the whole progressive bohras.. they call themselves bohras.. but they reject the authority of current dai - who represents the imam .. thats the main belief of bohras ..so basically its something like they reject the main belief of bohra religion - yet they call themselves bohra ..and i regularly visit their forums.. they're all messed up.. they don't wanna keep a beard.. they hate how bohras dress up.. they don't wanna speak the tradtional gujrati-arabic ..they make fun of matam and azadiri ..let alone shias they don't even sound like muslims..

Ps. orian seems more like a progressive bohra - he writes just like they do on their forums :-D

and anyone interested in knowing about bohras can read this book.. its available on amazon..

Mullahs on the Mainframe: Islam and Modernity Among the Daudi Bohras by Jonah Blank

Assalam Thankyou brother.

To understand beliefs about bohra, you have to be a friend of true bohra, no books can describe it.

I would suggest only to look at this authentic bohra sites:

www.zeninfosys.net

www.mumineen.org

www.malumaat.org

www.misbah.info

You can browse through archives and writeup section.

For books

http://astore.amazon.com/mumineen-20

dear fakhruddin.. the sites you mentioned above have only news archives.. theres nothing to know about bohra beliefs ..and the website misbah.info clearly says "this site is exclusively for the Dawoodi Bohra community"

dear fakhruddin.. the sites you mentioned above have only news archives.. theres nothing to know about bohra beliefs ..and the website misbah.info clearly says "this site is exclusively for the Dawoodi Bohra community"

(bismillah)

This brings me to the questions:

-Is Bohra sect secretive in nature about their beliefs?

-Are Bohra masjids and centers open to everyone?

WS

Yes they are very secretive.

No they are not open to everyone.

^^^ How do you know this?

If true, this would be a a big difference since Shia and their beliefs are open to all. We want everyone to know the truth and love to promote our religion through peaceful means.

Another question would be:

What is the Bohri position regarding problems facing the Muslim world, like the Kashmir, Palestine and other issue?

Are they completely silent or do they have an opinion. And if so, what are they doing about it?