Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
husseintop

Is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad really a Jew?

Rate this topic

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad revealed to have Jewish past

Experts last night suggested Mr Ahmadinejad's track record for hate-filled attacks on Jews could be an overcompensation to hide his past.

Ali Nourizadeh, of the Centre for Arab and Iranian Studies, said: "This aspect of Mr Ahmadinejad's background explains a lot about him.

"Every family that converts into a different religion takes a new identity by condemning their old faith.

"By making anti-Israeli statements he is trying to shed any suspicions about his Jewish connections. He feels vulnerable in a radical Shia society."

A London-based expert on Iranian Jewry said that "jian" ending to the name specifically showed the family had been practising Jews.

Experts last night suggested Mr Ahmadinejad's track record for hate-filled attacks on Jews could be an overcompensation to hide his past.

Ali Nourizadeh, of the Centre for Arab and Iranian Studies, said: "This aspect of Mr Ahmadinejad's background explains a lot about him.

"Every family that converts into a different religion takes a new identity by condemning their old faith.

"By making anti-Israeli statements he is trying to shed any suspicions about his Jewish connections. He feels vulnerable in a radical Shia society."

A London-based expert on Iranian Jewry said that "jian" ending to the name specifically showed the family had been practising Jews.

Yes and Husb Allah is also Jewish too :)

Please make distinction between Zionists and Jews as someone else corrected me on anther thread.

Salam

Ali.

I think this was the last blame left to be placed on him.

^ It cannot remain hidden for long if this is indeed a lie [not blame]. It can be verified if Ahmedinejad's father/grandfather were Jewish converts to Islam.

It is not even slightly surprising to me. What's the big deal if his parents were indeed converts. There are thousands of Jews in Iran. Can some not convert, whatever the motivation?

so what if his family was from jewish origins ??

Ali Nourizadeh thought it was relevant but apart from this there are other ramifications. Judging by the use of the jewish label in propaganda eg. the thread here on the house of Saud, it is obviously perceived as a potent issue.

Many Muslims believe in a rehash of the Elders of Zion hoax of a world wide Jewish conspiracy. Given that, the implication for them is that no other than the Iranian president is part of that conspiracy. Sunnis may even consider Shias part of the conspiracy and tie it in with the fact that they have "cleansed" their indigenous Jewish populations whereas Shias didn't.

Who knows this may be the end of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and that would be a significant event wouldn't it?

Whether or not someone was a Jew, Christian, or atheist is irrelevant, and whether or not their fathers or forefathers were non-Muslims is completely irrelevant In my humble opinion.

What matters are an individual's beliefs and their actions. The Saudi royal family are to be criticised not on the basis of who their parents were, but on their actions.

If Muslims criticise AN on the basis of his forefathers' religion, they should consider how well their own blind prejudice is seen in Islam (not very well As I understand it).

Who knows this may be the end of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and that would be a significant event wouldn't it?

If Ahmadinejad really was a convert to Islam, I would even have more respect for him, and his family, for finding the true path of the ahlul bayt. Unless you are a complete nutjob and think hes still a jew.

Enough said. Lets move on now

If Ahmadinejad really was a convert to Islam, I would even have more respect for him, and his family, for finding the true path of the ahlul bayt. Unless you are a complete nutjob and think hes still a jew.

Enough said. Lets move on now

His family converted to Islam, so its not like he converted himself. Many jews consider being a jew as being a member of the jewish race. A jewish convert to Islam on here still says he is a jew. Like it or not, Ahmadinejad is a jew. Get over it.

On 10/4/2009 at 6:38 AM, Haji 2003 said:

Whether or not someone was a Jew, Christian, or atheist is irrelevant, and whether or not their fathers or forefathers were non-Muslims is completely irrelevant In my humble opinion.

What matters are an individual's beliefs and their actions. The Saudi royal family are to be criticised not on the basis of who their parents were, but on their actions.

If Muslims criticise AN on the basis of his forefathers' religion, they should consider how well their own blind prejudice is seen in Islam (not very well As I understand it).

Isn't there a contradiction there? Being a Christian or an atheist is surely an individual's belief which you say matters. Jews are a little more complicated as there is a racial factor as well as religion but that makes what their fathers or forefathers are relevant too. Is it also irrelevant whether someone's parents were Muslim and one is not oneself? There was a thread in another topic about a Muslim women whose husband became atheist. The verdict here was clear, that belief counted more than actions and loss of faith was grounds for divorce and taking his kids from him.

Criticism can take many forms. How about if Muslims question his allegiance on the basis of his forefathers' religion? Certainly when it comes to Jewish roots of other people this is given so much significance that they are regarded as fullblooded Jews who support the Jewish state per default unless they publically have renounced their Jewish roots and rights to emmigrate to the Jewish state. A grnadmother's Jewish name is enough.

Anyway if the tide turns against Mahmoud Ahmadinejad he could always seek refuge in Israel as a bona fide Jewish immigrant! :!!!:

His family converted to Islam, so its not like he converted himself. Many jews consider being a jew as being a member of the jewish race. A jewish convert to Islam on here still says he is a jew. Like it or not, Ahmadinejad is a jew. Get over it.

I LOL'ed

On 10/4/2009 at 10:23 AM, husseintop said:

Isn't there a contradiction there?

There's only a contradiction because you did not read my post. I said:

Whether or not someone was a Jew, Christian, or atheist is irrelevant

I've made the past tense bold for your benefit.

As I understand it, and am happy to be corrected, if someone professes Islam (one God and Hazrat Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).) as the last Prophet), you cannot second guess what they are really thinking. That is between them and God.

There are lots of examples of people claiming to have converted in recent history, but who did not really do so, the most obvious self-confessed ones are where European travellers claimed to be Muslims in order to gain access to the Ka'aba or holy shrines.

It does not take a leap of imagination to see that some people may say that they have converted with more malign motives.

As for the Jewish factor that you bring up, initial converts to Islam included Jewish and Christian tribes, I know of no hadiths saying that they should be treated any differently to anyone else, but if I am wrong here, happy to be corrected.

Very disturbing news, now we have another reason to claim Ahmadinejad is not qualified to run Iran, and the presidential election was rigged. :lol:

Ahmadinejad is a dictator because he is a radical Islamists, 'Iranians should fight him and bring him down'.

umm that didn't work...

Ok. lets try this, Ahmadinejad is a Jew and there is a conspiracy, 'Iranians are not supposed to trust him & his gov. and must fight him'.

ahhh that didn't work either.

Sooooo what about this, 'Ahmadinejad is waiting for Mahdi and he said he is going to destroy Israel, so lets stop him and hate him.'

umm no one is buying that anymore..

Then try this, 'Ahmadinejad is an undercover Zionist agent; HOW ABOUT NOW? IS HE STILL GOING TO GET the majority of support in Iran and the Muslim world?

YESSSS

ggggggggddd damn it........ :shaytan: how can we create mistrust? disunity? chaos? civil unrest? and isolate these people? :mad: how can we keep them busy in these issues and stop them from progressing? Lets call Mousavi and Rajavi then. B)

ummm sorry but this IS a big deal. If we found out the same about the Saudi's we'd be ecstatic.

Damn. A-Jad is a crypto-Jew. You see, it is a problem because he hasn't chosen to talk about it. How can he ever be trusted, taking into account how strong jewish identity is, when he hasnt been open to us. many other People in the government could also be Jews and then we'd have to take the issue into serious consideration.

ummm sorry but this IS a big deal. If we found out the same about the Saudi's we'd be ecstatic.

Damn. A-Jad is a crypto-Jew. You see, it is a problem because he hasn't chosen to talk about it. How can he ever be trusted, taking into account how strong jewish identity is, when he hasnt been open to us. many other People in the government could also be Jews and then we'd have to take the issue into serious consideration.

æóáóÞóÏú ÕóÏóÞóßõãõ Çááøåõ æóÚúÏóåõ ÅöÐú ÊóÍõÓøõæäóåõã ÈöÅöÐúäöåö ÍóÊøóì ÅöÐóÇ ÝóÔöáúÊõãú æóÊóäóÇÒóÚúÊõãú Ýöí ÇáÃóãúÑö æóÚóÕóíúÊõã ãøöä ÈóÚúÏö ãóÇ ÃóÑóÇßõã ãøóÇ ÊõÍöÈøõæäó ãöäßõã ãøóä íõÑöíÏõ ÇáÏøõäúíóÇ æóãöäßõã ãøóä íõÑöíÏõ ÇáÂÎöÑóÉó Ëõãøó ÕóÑóÝóßõãú Úóäúåõãú áöíóÈúÊóáöíóßõãú æóáóÞóÏú ÚóÝóÇ Úóäßõãú æóÇááøåõ Ðõæ ÝóÖúáò Úóáóì ÇáúãõÄúãöäöíäó {152}

Don't be like a ball balancing on a rope. Such souls are of no good to the enemy, nor to Islam.

I've made the past tense bold for your benefit.

Just some English language comment if I may.

You didn't make it past with was. Because of the use of whether.

It is like saying: "Whether I was ill or healthy, I am not going to go to school"

What you meant could have been said as follows I think (please English natives correct me):

"Whether someone had been aJew, ...."

My native language is Arabic so I am not 100% sure but what this reminds me of is the use of if in three different ways as follows:

1) Normal IF: If it rains, the clothes will become wet.

2) Wishful IF: If I was fitter, I would enter the race.

3) Past tense IF: If I had known that, I would have reacted differently.

And I think your whether as similar to case 3).

Ali smile.gif

Edited by aliadams

Just some English language comment if I may.

You didn't make it past with was. Because of the use of whether.

OK, your usage would have been more explicit. But we do know that AN currently professes to be a Muslim, so from my pov the past tense, even if he had personally converted, was taken for granted.

As I said, people who have issues here should either bring up Islamic rulings dealing with the second class status of converts, or they should shut up.

You think Iranian intelligence didn't know about his roots? It's on official documents ffs, lol.

Put it this way, if AN is some Jewish mole/troll/double agent, then the revolutionary guard and many of the most senior and powerful Iranian non-Jews are in on it.

The Israelis like AN, because the muppet-like manner in which he handles himself on the international stage has made it easy for nefarious forces to exploit him and make it look like he's an apocolyptic loony-toon bent on world war etc, and this may lend weight to the idea that AN is a Jew-troll, but then you remember that dubya was the president of the US for eight years, and you see in full view the comedy that is democracy.

For what its worth.

Ahmadinejad has no Jewish roots

*Rumours that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's family converted to Islam from Judaism are false. In fact, they are proud Shias

Meir Javedanfar guardian.co.uk, Monday 5 October 2009 11.14 BST Article historyIn June 2005, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's meteoric rise from mayor of Tehran to president of one of the most influential countries in the Middle East took everyone by surprise. One of the main reasons for the astonishment was that so little was known about him.

One recently published claim about his background comes from an article in the Daily Telegraph. Entitled "Mahmoud Ahmadinejad revealed to have Jewish past", it claims that his family converted to Islam after his birth. The claim is based on a number of arguments, a key one being that his previous surname was Sabourjian which "derives from weaver of the sabour, the name for the Jewish tallit shawl in Persia".

Professor David Yeroshalmi, author of The Jews of Iran in the 19th century and an expert on Iranian Jewish communities, disputes the validity of this argument. "There is no such meaning for the word 'sabour' in any of the Persian Jewish dialects, nor does it mean Jewish prayer shawl in Persian. Also, the name Sabourjian is not a well-known Jewish name," he stated in a recent interview. In fact, Iranian Jews use the Hebrew word "tzitzit" to describe the Jewish prayer shawl. Yeroshalmi, a scholar at Tel Aviv University's Center for Iranian Studies, also went on to dispute the article's findings that the "-jian" ending to the name specifically showed the family had been practising Jews. "This ending is in no way sufficient to judge whether someone has a Jewish background. Many Muslim surnames have the same ending," he stated.

Upon closer inspection, a completely different interpretation of "Sabourjian" emerges. According to Robert Tait, a Guardian correspondent who travelled to Ahmadinejad's native village in 2005, the name "derives from thread painter – sabor in Farsi – a once common and humble occupation in the carpet industry in Semnan province, where Aradan is situated". This is confirmed by Kasra Naji, who also wrote a biography of Ahmadinejad and met his family in his native village. Carpet weaving or colouring carpet threads are not professions associated with Jews in Iran.

According to both Naji and Tait, Ahmadinejad's father Ahmad was in fact a religious Shia, who taught the Quran before and after Ahmadinejad's birth and their move to Tehran. So religious was Ahmad Sabourjian that he bought a house near a Hosseinieh, a religious club that he frequented during the holy month of Moharram to mourn the martyrdom of Imam Hossein.

Moreover, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's mother is a Seyyede. This is a title given to women whose family are believed to be direct bloodline descendants of Prophet Muhammad. Male members are given the title of Seyyed, and include prominent figures such as Iran's supreme leader Ali Khamenei. In Judaism, this is equivalent to the Cohens, who are direct descendants of Aaron, the brother of Moses. One has to be born into a Seyyed family: the title is never given to Muslims by birth, let alone converts. This makes it impossible for Ahmadinejad's mother to have been a Jew. In fact, she was so proud of her lineage that everyone in her native village of Aradan referred to her by her Islamic title, Seyyede.

The reason that Ahmadinejad's father changed his surname has more to do with the class struggle in Iran. When it became mandatory to adopt surnames, many people from rural areas chose names that represented their professions or that of their ancestors. This made them easily identifiable as townfolk. In many cases they changed their surnames upon moving to Tehran, in order to avoid snobbery and discrimination from residents of the capital.

The Sabourjians were one of many such families. Their surname was related to carpet-making, an industry that conjures up images of sweatshops. They changed it to Ahmadinejad in order to help them fit in. The new name was also chosen because it means from the race of Ahmad, one of the names given to Muhammad.

According to Ahmadinejad's relatives the new name emphasised the family's piety and their dedication to their religion and its founder. This is something that the president and his relatives in Tehran and Aradan have maintained to the present day. Not because they are trying to deny their past, but because they are proud of it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/oct/05/mahmoud-ahmadinejad-jewish-family

The story is a lie.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is the name of his identity card.

Ali nourizadeh is a political refugee who is featured on Al-Arabiya (saudi) and Voice of America (US state controlled) media to badmouth Islamic Republic, he is notorious for making up falsehoods, such as the idea that Welayat al-Faqih was invented by Ayatollah Montazeri, when the concept was proposed by al-Karaki 500 years ago. These pseudo-scholars are not an authority to be accepting wildly.

If Iranians did cease to trust him because he was Jewish, that would be very telling. This distrust would have had to have had a source. If the Iranian people make the critical choice of distrusting someone for that reason, why not create disunity and chaos?

My point is, as much as international relations and foreign media outlets do play a significant part (and as biased as we may find their perception of the affairs in Iran) there are no conspirators here. We live in an unbalanced, multipolar system where all actors are constantly seeking their own advancement.

This kind of paranoia makes it harder for us to examine the real reason behind civil unrest in Iran. These are legitimate issues and the Iranian people are aware and cognizant of these factors, they are not just puppets of some hidden force behaving surreptitiously in order to isolate them.

Wait... are you saying there is truth to the matter? or that the report is actually has elements of truth in it?

no..

Some people have posted an article that contradicts the findings the OP provided. If people find this issue relevant they are can feel free to study it more in depth. I won't pretend to be an authority on the matter.

I was referring to something else entirely.

I know what you were referring to but that relates to this aspect as well. While it may be easy to create a buzz using this or another arguement however would the masses buy it?

As I found on another forum, a certain member suggested that this whole article into the background of Ahmedinijad is a long investigation after he claimed to be from the lineage of the Prophet [p] after winning the elections and dressing in green. Whether such was the case or not, I do not think so at all rather I think this was a desperate attempt to throw a spanner in the works. And given the Journalists who wrote this article I would not be surprised.

It would be interesting to know whether such a story was relayed in the papers in Iran at all, be it the reformists or otherwise.

First, President Ahmadinejad does not have anything against Jews (who are People of the Book), he only speaks out against the crimes of the Zionists. In reality Zionists are the enemies of a large amount of Orthodox Torah True Jewry: http://www.nkusa.org/

http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/

http://www.jewsnotzionists.org/

http://www.israelversusjudaism.org/

True Torah Jews respect the command of the "Three Oaths" in their Talmud book and do not want to carry out evil violence against the indigenous Palestinian people; these anti-Zionist Jews follow the "Three Oaths" and await what they call their "Messiah" who will be a descendant of King David (as) and will bring world peace and worship of God Almighty. We as Muslims respect these Jews as Ahlul-Kitab (People of the Book).

On the "Three Oaths" in the Talmud Kethuboth 111a forbidding religious Jews from trying to conquer Palestine:

http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/zionism/3strongoaths.cfm

http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/about/visitorcomments/comment_details.cfm?ItemNo=1112 (Orthodox anti-Zionist Jew refuting the claims of a Zionist)

Also see President Ahmadinejad with a group of anti-Zionist Orthodox religious Jewish Rabbis who want justice for the Palestinians and to fight against the evil Zionists who are mostly secular enemies of the religion of Judaism:

nket.jpg

Next, there is no evidence of President Ahmadinejad having any "Jewish" ancestry to begin with. Even if he did have ancestors who were Jews so what?! He is a Muslim, we are not responsible for what our ancestors did we are judged for who we are and what path we follow. With that in mind again President Ahmadinejad is a pious Muslim, May Allah(SWT) protect him and us.

Lastly, Judaism is a religion NOT a race; so to even claim someone has alleged "Jewish ancestry" is absurd to start with. It's like saying I a Muslim revert from Christianity, have "Christian ancestry"! It is a religion not a race. It is true the Zionist usurpers like to try to claim Jews are a "race" to have their personal Zionist colonialist settlement colony (aka alleged "state") in the Middle East, but this doesn't make their illusions and myths true. It is really funny to see in their claim that Jews are a "race" that allegedly need a "state", the Zionists join in thinking with the Nazis and Hitler who are really the only other group in history that claimed that the Jews were allegedly a different "race" and not just a religious group!

Edited by Abdul-Rahman Brent

ˆ

If Ahmadinejad didn't have anything against Jews then why does he call the Holocaust a myth? That is far from only speaking out against the crimes of zionists.

Judaism is not just a religion but an ethnoreligious group otherwise the term secular Jew would be self contradicting. DNA evidence clearly establishes Jewish traits going back thousands of years.

Distorting the truth is a slippery slope.

there is no association between denying some parts of holocaust or even all holocaust and hating the jews!! it is very absurd to suggest that doubting the holocaust means hating all jews!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/oct/05/mahmoud-ahmadinejad-jewish-family

Ahmadinejad has no Jewish roots

Rumours that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's family converted to Islam from Judaism are false. In fact, they are proud Shias

Thanks for demonstrating to the world what an Idiot you are to believe this garbage.

Iran is NOT a western country where someone can just make up his ancestry. A simple fact-check involves sending someone to your native town to speak with your (extended) family. If you are a convert, does it imply that your 2nd, 3rd, 4th cousins also converted with you? do you think he eliminated all the evidence of conversion? - except for the document he's holding up (apparently oblivious that he will be photographed during a photo-op!!!).

This story is a clear proof that the US/UK media is just as bad as it was in 2002 when they served as the government's propaganda ministry.

Thanks for demonstrating to the world what an Idiot you are to believe this garbage.

Iran is NOT a western country where someone can just make up his ancestry. A simple fact-check involves sending someone to your native town to speak with your (extended) family. If you are a convert, does it imply that your 2nd, 3rd, 4th cousins also converted with you? do you think he eliminated all the evidence of conversion? - except for the document he's holding up (apparently oblivious that he will be photographed during a photo-op!!!).

This story is a clear proof that the US/UK media is just as bad as it was in 2002 when they served as the government's propaganda ministry.

Listen idiot, its the worst kept secret outside of Iran ( where free speech means a free meal in prison ) that his family changed their surname. In the pre-election TV debates, some candidates raised the issue in a very subtle manner and Ahmadinejad dodged the question, rather than admitting the reason for the surname change. Strange that when he had a chance to publicly to address the issue, he chose instead to avoid the question!!

Either way, he family was either jewish as some reports state, or else his family changed his name as for the reasons outlined in another story below

"The reason that Ahmadinejad's father changed his surname has more to do with the class struggle in Iran. When it became mandatory to adopt surnames, many people from rural areas chose names that represented their professions or that of their ancestors. This made them easily identifiable as townfolk. In many cases they changed their surnames upon moving to Tehran, in order to avoid snobbery and discrimination from residents of the capital."

So the great Iran, that is proud of its equal treatment of all citizens, a family felt forced to change their surname to avoid "snobbery and discrimination." Surely not in Iran :D

Edited by Irishman

Listen idiot, its the worst kept secret outside of Iran ( where free speech means a free meal in prison ) that his family changed their surname. In the pre-election TV debates, some candidates raised the issue in a very subtle manner and Ahmadinejad dodged the question, rather than admitting the reason for the surname change. Strange that when he had a chance to publicly to address the issue, he chose instead to avoid the question!!

Either way, he family was either jewish as some reports state, or else his family changed his name as for the reasons outlined in another story below

"The reason that Ahmadinejad's father changed his surname has more to do with the class struggle in Iran. When it became mandatory to adopt surnames, many people from rural areas chose names that represented their professions or that of their ancestors. This made them easily identifiable as townfolk. In many cases they changed their surnames upon moving to Tehran, in order to avoid snobbery and discrimination from residents of the capital."

So the great Iran, that is proud of its equal treatment of all citizens, a family felt forced to change their surname to avoid "snobbery and discrimination." Surely not in Iran :D

Doesn't that indicate that this was prior to the revolution genius.

And dont forget your toilet roll tomorrow - http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/oct/06/irish-pupils-loo-roll

Edited by Thurston

Doesn't that indicate that this was prior to the revolution genius.

Well genius, so the population in Tehran prior to the revolution was not predominantly Shia Muslims? :lol:

And he changed his name to be MORE Shia Muslim like to avoid snobbery and discrimination from the ALL the non-Shia Muslims that were Tehran prior to the revolution? :lol:

Edited by Irishman

Well genius, so the population in Tehran prior to the revolution was not predominantly Shia Muslims? :lol:

And he changed his name to be MORE Shia Muslim like to avoid snobbery and discrimination from the ALL the non-Shia Muslims that were Tehran prior to the revolution? :lol:

err...Where does it say that he 'changed' his surname to be 'MORE SHIA LIKE'? If he did change or adopt a surname it was to avoid snobbery from the affluent supporters of the Shah. But i suppose simple reasoning is beyond you as you are used to parroting absolute rubbish whether its regarding Iran or Lebanon.

Edited by Thurston

err...Where does it say that he 'changed' his surname to be 'MORE SHIA LIKE'? If he did change or adopt a surname it was to avoid snobbery from the affluent supporters of the Shah. But i suppose simple reasoning is beyond you as you are used to parroting absolute rubbish whether its regarding Iran or Lebanon.

Quote "The new name was also chosen because it means from the race of Ahmad, one of the names given to Muhammad."

Ok, they changed it to be more Muslim like, in a country which is 92% Shia, to fit in better.

I amamazed that being Irish you have so tototally not understood the difference between culture and religion. Is it possible that you have never ventured out of Ireland and therefore not seen some of the hurtful comments about 'thick paddies' . That is a prejudiced reaction against the Irish accent shown by many southern English.