Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Sayeda Zahra

Shaping eyebrows

Rate this topic

Salam alaykum

I heard of another muslim (sunni) girl that there is a hadeeth or something saying that shaping eyebrows is haraam. Is this true? What do all the marajae say about this... hope this turns into a fruitful discussion :)

^ i don't think it can turn into a discussion because its a fiqh question with a straightforward answer. Yes there is a sunni hadith that states that shaping the eyebrows is haram, and the shia do not believe in this hadith.

The ruling for most marjas on the issue is that shaping the eyebrows in itself is not haram, however if it is done in a way where it becomes a form of zeena then it is wajib for you to cover your eyebrows.

And the general view on shaping/cleaning the eyebrows is to remove ugliness, not to make something normal looking prettier, therefore it isn't zeena and is not haram, but it depends on each individuals intention in the end and how far they take the process of shaping their eyebrows.

Wasalam.

Some of my sunni friends tell me that it is haraam for women to shape their eyebrows or remove any hair from their face as it would be "zeena", because the Prophet (saw) said so. I can't understand any logical reason why they even come close to believing the Prophet (saw) would say something like that when he ordered cleanliness in Muslims.

Salam alaykum

I heard of another muslim (sunni) girl that there is a hadeeth or something saying that shaping eyebrows is haraam. Is this true? What do all the marajae say about this... hope this turns into a fruitful discussion smile.gif

salam.gif

Go through this topic.This will help ya a lot.

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/234925861-eyebrows/

wasalam.gif