Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

[LAWS]What would you recommend?

Rate this topic

alial1234

(salam) (bismillah)

As i am approaching the age when i can do taqleed for myself. I was looking at my options, i decided khamenei looks pretty cool but then i told my dad and he started yelling. ( FYI, he does taqleed of grand ayatollah imam al shirazi (ra) ). So i would like to ask who would you recommend. I want a guy who isn't scared of speaking the full truth. thank you in advance for your answers.

(wasalam)

Edited by alial1234

• Advanced Member

(salam) (bismillah)

As i am approaching the age when i can do taqleed for myself. I was looking at my options, i decided khamenei looks pretty cool but then i told my dad and he started yelling. ( FYI, he does taqleed of gradn ayatollah imam mathloomin al shirazi (ra) ). So i would like to ask who would you recommend. I want a guy who isn't scared of speaking the full truth. thank you in advance for your answers.

(wasalam)

(salam)

There are so many topic on that matter if you search. here is a link of similar topic.

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/234968007-becoming-shia/

Btw why your Dad started yelling?? i mean did he yelled about ayatollah khamenei or for doing taqleed??? just wondering becoz i do taqleed of syed khamenei. Good luck and take care

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

thanks i already saw that thread. to answer your question, i wanted to statred on the day of eid so i said if khamenei says its eid i'm breaking my fast, then my dad started yelling this guy is not even an ayatollah and he disrespected al shirazi and that stuff.

(salam)

Ayatollah khamenei is not Ayatollah? :Hijabi:

Just search taqleed and you will find bunch of threads but i think search option is not working rite now,atleast on my side :unsure:

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

Everyone has their own opinion on who is best to follow. The most important thing is for you to decide who you think is most knowledgeable and follow that person. So, if you really believe that Khamenei is the most knowledgeable then you should follow him even if your dad doesn't agree, but of course you can take advice from others to decide who is most knowledgeable. And at risk of sounding curmudgeonly, how 'cool' a marja' is is of absolutely no relevance. My side-note is to say that some say it is okay to follow any qualified marja' and I feel that there is a lot of merit in that as it is impossible for anyone to really know who is most knowledgeable; the best we can do is to make an educated guess.

As for Shirazi, the Shirazi family believes that a number of assassination attempts against their family were carried out by Iranian intelligence agents and his brother also died under questionable circumstances. A number of their friends and family have been arrested and allegedly tortured as well. If you really want to you can see what happened at the funeral procession for Mohammad Shirazi by searching online. The Shirazi's are strongly against the IR and they opposed Khomeini as well. As for Khamenei, his being recognized as both as ayatollah and marja' were under unusual circumstances and some doubt his qualifications.

• Advanced Member

i think Al sistani is the most knowledgeable you can read his books take ur time don't be haste in this matter , i like to read books by al shirazi Sayeds but for some reason im not comfortable in taqleeding one of them , the problems they are making between the shia's " if u don't wanna call it fitna" is unnecessary

• Veteran Member

Ayatullah ul-udhma Shyakh Hafiz Bashir Hussain Najafi

(bismillah) (salam)

As i am approaching the age when i can do taqleed for myself. I was looking at my options, i decided khamenei looks pretty cool but then i told my dad and he started yelling. ( FYI, he does taqleed of grand ayatollah imam al shirazi (ra) ). So i would like to ask who would you recommend. I want a guy who isn't scared of speaking the full truth. thank you in advance for your answers.

LOL