Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Slave of Imam

sile rahm. (Goodness towards blood Relations)

Rate this topic

could you please advise according to our shia islam can we cut off relations with our relatives sile rahm. (Goodness towards blood Relations). because my father after his death he wrote in his book and mentioned some of our relatives names which we should not make any kind of relations. if we will do he wrote that he will catch us on the day of judgment.(Yom-ul-Qayama). I just wanna know is it important that being a son I have to follow my father will or I have to follow islam. please explain. because our relative has not done anything wrong with us. my father was angry with them because he doesn't like them because of their attitude and behaviors.

Thanks,

(salam),

Sile Rahm means to maintain and make amends with blood relations - parents and the relatives who are consanguinal i.e. sharing the womb -like, brothers and sisters etc. The Prophet (s.a.w.a.) and our Aimma (a.s.) have repeatedly emphasised upon us this virtue and so does Qur’an-e-Majid. We have been enjoined to maintain Sile Rahm even if the relatives do not reciprocate. Now, what they do by way of evil acts is their responsibility. You are not responsible as long as you do not assist them, directly or indirectly in whatever they do. You are confined to your relation with them only. Sile Rahm confers the pleasure of Allah, averts many adversities, causes increase in Rizq as well as life span.

Any will left by the deceased if not fulfilling the laws of the shariat [islamic Law] is invalid in Islam.

(All statements above are those provided by Hujjat-ul-Islam Sayed Mohammad Al-Musavi, from the book Living Islam)

If you feel that you are not convinced, ask Ayatullah Sistani (may Allah Bless him with a long life) here.

(wasalam)

Basim Ali Jafri

No, you cannot cut off relations. It is haraam and one of the Gunahan-e-Kabira (greater sins).

Obedience to parents is wajib but not in circumstances where their orders contravene that of the Creator's.

æóÅöä ÌóÇåóÏóÇßó Úóáì Ãóä ÊõÔúÑößó Èöí ãóÇ áóíúÓó áóßó Èöåö Úöáúãñ ÝóáóÇ ÊõØöÚúåõãóÇ æóÕóÇÍöÈúåõãóÇ Ýöí ÇáÏøõäúíóÇ ãóÚúÑõæÝðÇ æóÇÊøóÈöÚú ÓóÈöíáó ãóäú ÃóäóÇÈó Åöáóíøó Ëõãøó Åöáóíøó ãóÑúÌöÚõßõãú ÝóÃõäóÈøöÆõßõã ÈöãóÇ ßõäÊõãú ÊóÚúãóáõæä

And if they contend with you that you should associate with Me what you have no knowledge of, do not obey them, and keep company with them in this world kindly, and follow the way of him who turns to Me, then to Me is your return, then will I inform you of what you did [31:15]

Read this: http://www.al-islam.org/greater_sins_complete/11.htm#27

http://www.al-islam.org/greater_sins_complete/12.htm

Your father may have laid down this condition, but be assured he will be thankful to you on the Day of Judgment that you did not practice upon it.

Try to follow what your father said in his will by not communicating with them but you can help them when they need it secretly without them finding out you did it. That way u have respected your father and avoided qate rehmi.

To go against your father in this matter is unwise. Maybe there was a reason he said you to do that. And u have to be obedient to your parents after death also. As long as you not sin.