Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Will I never be satisfied with where I stand

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(bismillah) (salam)

Well this has been in my head for a while. I always think years before I was a much better muslim. I feel that in the 6th-7th grade I was a much better muslim. Everything I did was dedicated to the ahlul bayt. My home work always had to involve a hidden message that related to the ahlul bayt. Either late 7th grade or early 8th grade I began to feel I wasnt religious enough. Now that I look back at it, I was on my way to marifat. I prayed because I didnt want Allah (subhana tala) to be away from me. I didnt pray and say my duas in fear of hell fire. If I sinned I didnt fear hell I feared Allah (subhana tala) leaving me. I thought about Allah (subhana tala) 24/7 no joke, it was the most amazing feeling. I am sure when I look at this part of my life in a year or so, I will think that I was better now. Is this just an issue I have, or does everyone have some thing like this?

(bismillah)

(salam)

Keep this firm, and don't say it. You never know who may read this, or hear this, and out of jealousy, cast the evil eye. May Allah (swt) keep you on His path, and keep your relationship as loving as possible. Reciting the surahs Nas and Falaq for protection.

Don't forget to supplicate and do dua for me - really need it. (Dua of an absent person for [another] absent person is granted)

(wasalam)

"A believer's days must not be the same." thus, one should improve day by day. I think you will never be satisfied. But aren't you happy because of this?

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

(bismillah) (salam)

Previously I had this great feeling where nonthing mattered as long as Allah (swt) was with me. He still showers me with infinite blessings but I dont have the same feeling it was such a great feeling. It hurts when you gain something then lose it more than if you never gain it at all.

(bismillah)

(salam)

There is a Persian poem by Hafez, who seemed to think something similar:

"It has been a while since the Beloved has not greeted me - has not written me a word, has not send me a message!"

"I despair that the excited sweet-lipped cup-bearer - knew that I need the wine, and sent me no cup!"

and it ends...

"Hafez! Be respectful, for there is no place to question - if a King does not send a message to a Slave!"

Now you have something to cry about! And Allah (swt) likes to hear those who cry to Him! Even His apparent absence is a blessing! He is the malady, and He Himself is the cure! When He appears to leave you, you cry to Him, and He becomes present. And when He is present, He is never absent. And you cry for Him to remain. Such tears are worthy of respect.

---------

I read somewhere you are 13. Mashallah! This is what the Qur'an can do to people of such young age! It makes Qasem a martyr at 13! The Qur'an is truly a Philosopher's Stone - changing mere metals into pure Gold.

All praise to Allah (swt)!

(wasalam)

PS. Do dua for me - (the Dua of the innocent (ma'sum) is granted) and you are innocent, for you are still young enough. Mashallah.

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Keep this firm, and don't say it. You never know who may read this, or hear this, and out of jealousy, cast the evil eye. May Allah (swt) keep you on His path, and keep your relationship as loving as possible. Reciting the surahs Nas and Falaq for protection.

Don't forget to supplicate and do dua for me - really need it. (Dua of an absent person for [another] absent person is granted)

(wasalam)

"A believer's days must not be the same." thus, one should improve day by day. I think you will never be satisfied. But aren't you happy because of this?

(wasalam)

(salam)(bismillah)

What does:

cast the evil eye.
mean?

(wasalam)

• Veteran Member

I just can recommend you not to pay attention to these things. Don't matter how muslim do you think you are, only God knows your muslim level. The better opinion you can have about yourself is that you are a sinner and the worst of all people, this way you will avoid Ujb and Kubr. So just concentrate in your prayers and duas, and ask God for forgiveness even if you didn't noticed or you didn't commited any sin. Sometimes is better for you to commit a sin instead of have ujb.

Regards,

Bakir

(bismillah)

(salam)

This is all that was meant:

æóãöä ÔóÑøö ÍóÇÓöÏò ÅöÐóÇ ÍóÓóÏó {5}

[shakir 113:5] And from the evil of the envious when he envies.

And it works exactly as the Qur'an says - the envious envies, and the evil works - However, we seek refuge in God from this.

Now, please tell me, how does the following work? :

æóãöä ÔóÑøö ÇáäøóÝøóÇËóÇÊö Ýöí ÇáúÚõÞóÏö {4}

[shakir 113:4] And from the evil of those who blow on knots,

Also, how does magic work? Or how does our actions relate to the Natural World? Why is it that simply "thanking the Supreme Being" leads to "additional bounties"? How does Faith produce more Strength, when an army of 100 can fight that of 200 or even 1000!?

These are all links between our moral world and the natural world.

(wasalam)

PS. I pass on the $10,000.

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah) (salam)

Well this has been in my head for a while. I always think years before I was a much better muslim. I feel that in the 6th-7th grade I was a much better muslim. Everything I did was dedicated to the ahlul bayt. My home work always had to involve a hidden message that related to the ahlul bayt. Either late 7th grade or early 8th grade I began to feel I wasnt religious enough. Now that I look back at it, I was on my way to marifat. I prayed because I didnt want Allah (subhana tala) to be away from me. I didnt pray and say my duas in fear of hell fire. If I sinned I didnt fear hell I feared Allah (subhana tala) leaving me. I thought about Allah (subhana tala) 24/7 no joke, it was the most amazing feeling. I am sure when I look at this part of my life in a year or so, I will think that I was better now. Is this just an issue I have, or does everyone have some thing like this?

Don't worry. You'r not alone. It's much too late for me though, at age 13 I was a flame, I truly was close to God, I didn't think or act without thinking of Him, I would hesitate to write essays for school if I did not put something in them that fell into the category of "enjoining thegood and forbidding the evil." It was hard, but there was peace and content, and knowing that you had God backing you up. I just don't know how I could have lost that so easily....Keep hanging on but try to take it slowly, maybe this is a lesson. We have to attain peace the hard way if we want to keep it.

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

I share in your feelng!!

But do not be alarmed. As we humans get older we have more responsibility which connect us to this existence. Children are far more care free than adults. This carefree nature allows them to to connect to other activity and in our case is religion. So this is natural process. But remember that, when one does well on the responsibilities that one is assign (such as providing for family) is no different than the act of prayer. There is an old persian saying that goes like this, "a candle that is needed in the house, would be forbidden (haram) in the mosque".

My advice to you is the this saying, "the ordinary man should love God, the intellectual should trust in God, and the politician and the soldier should fear god". So which ever category are you?

• Basic Members

(bismillah) (salam)

Remember one thing, being discontent with your spiritual self is good, just make sure though that it doesnt make you miserable, you should be motivated and determined to improve, but never EVER think that theres a certain spiritual level where its OK to stop progressing, we must ALWAYS keep moving forward, and one who is content with himself, is not a true believer.

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

Salam,

I never reached the level that you were describing, however, when I first accepted Islam (almost 17 years ago now) I spend more of my time thinking about Allah (s.w.a.) and studying Islam then I do now. I still remember the days when I would sit down with a book (such as, for example, the tafsir of Imam Khomeni (r.a.) or "Our Philosophy" by Sayed Muhammad Bakr Sadr (r.a.) ) and a warm cup of tea and read for hours undisturbed. After reading, my soul would feel so light and I would forget about all my worldly problems (although they were many) and yearn to stay in that state forever. Of course, even then this "bliss" was only fleeting, as the world would inevitably come crashing in and this state of intoxication would gradually fade away.

These days it seems I barely have time to say my daily prayers (and even miss saying Dua'a Kumahyl some Thursdays). During Ramadan and Ashura I "slow down" the rest of my life and make spiritual progress a priority, however, even this is done with difficulty. I find that life is becoming more complex as I get older, and finding time to sit a read a book for hours is a luxury that I can't afford (and I know how strange that may seem to some). I do have free time once in a while, but it's not consistent.

So the question is, "Am I making the most important kind of progress, which is spiritual refinement and getting closer to Allah (s.w.a.)", the truth is I'm not sure. Is fulfilling my duties in taking care of the needs of others more important then "filling my own bucket" and making a conscience and consistent effort (beyond the minimum) to get closer to Allah? The truth is, once again, more uncertainty then certainty. The one thing I know is that I would give most anything to feel that blissful feeling again.

• Advanced Member

Asalam Alaikum.

Shiasoldier I totally relate to you.

About Spring time of 2009 I was where you describe. I was 17 years old. I use to walk outside at night and enjoy Allah's beauty around me. I use to wake up for Fajr by the simple chirping of the birds. I use to sleep really less. Now I sleep more and can't even wake up by a loud alarm after snoozing it like 10 times. Worldly matters didn't effect me that much and I had no worries. My concentration in Namaz is what I miss the most :cry: :cry: . I hate myself for not being able to go there again and not feeling the spiritual high. Now my Namaz is just a Namaz. I don't feel it anymore :cry: :cry: . I wish I could bring back those days.

I know how you feel and I wish you get back to that stage as soon as possible. Ameen.

Take care.

Allah Hafiz.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah) (salam)

Remember one thing, being discontent with your spiritual self is good, just make sure though that it doesnt make you miserable, you should be motivated and determined to improve, but never EVER think that theres a certain spiritual level where its OK to stop progressing, we must ALWAYS keep moving forward, and one who is content with himself, is not a true believer.

(wasalam)

I agree with this statement. Just step out of yourself and see what you need to imporve, because one can never be perfect. Always try to make themselves better and better for the eyes of Allah.

• 2 years later...
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

This is all that was meant:

وَمِن شَرِّ حَاسِدٍ إِذَا حَسَدَ {5}

[shakir 113:5] And from the evil of the envious when he envies.

And it works exactly as the Qur'an says - the envious envies, and the evil works - However, we seek refuge in God from this.

Now, please tell me, how does the following work? :

وَمِن شَرِّ النَّفَّاثَاتِ فِي الْعُقَدِ {4}

[shakir 113:4] And from the evil of those who blow on knots,

Also, how does magic work? Or how does our actions relate to the Natural World? Why is it that simply "thanking the Supreme Being" leads to "additional bounties"? How does Faith produce more Strength, when an army of 100 can fight that of 200 or even 1000!?

These are all links between our moral world and the natural world.

(wasalam)

PS. I pass on the $10,000.

Salam-I was just told that ..."from the evil of those that blow on knots" is a reference to people that used to practice magic back in ancient times-it was part of their magic, tieing a knot, saying some incantations, and then blowing on the knot...I was also told another meaning of it is when a complex ( a mental/psychological 'knot')a human has is stimulated by someone/something else to act in a bad manner-for example, a woman dressed very sexy, illicits attention from men by her appearance, therefore inducing a possible bad behavior from the man if he is to act upon that which she has stimulated, like desire, etc. Please correct if there is better understanding-Thanks:) Hope this helped in some way-
Guest Jebreil

(bismillah)

(salam)

To Magpie

Goodness, what an old thread you've resurrected!

Yes, I think I agree with both your takes. I think "envy" and the "evil eye" work in similar ways. There seems to be an occult meaning and a psychological meaning.

(wasalam)