Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
scud

Shia Halal Meat V Sunna Halal Meat

Alsalam Alaykom brothers and sister...

I have a question about the REAL halal meat.

We the Shia say the halal meat is the one of slaughtered animal by the Islamic way which is done by the knife or any sharp object and having the knife cut under the throat, saying the tasmia, head the animal to the qiblah...etc.

Shia and Sunna are on the same page in this. But the split comes when we deal with the non-Muslim slaughtered meat and specifically when the person who does the slaughter is Jew or Christian.

We as Shia don't recognize the non-Muslim slaughtered animal meat as Halal. Sunnis have no problem with it and they say if the chicken or the cow got stunned and died then this is not halal meat. If the animal got stunned to paralyze it and then gets its neck cut by a sharp object then it is Halal meat and you just need to do tasmia (bismiliah) and eat it. As they see the neck cut process is similar to the Islamic way.

Now I'm a Shi-e would like to buy a real halal meat. Can you tell me where can i find one in London?

I buy the meat from a shop that i saw its meat delivered by a company called Tariq Halal Meat. I also buy beef burger and other meat frozen product from a company called Zad and some other Turkish companies.

Do you know any other trusted companies or shops sell Halal meat products?

Some advised me Asda but still can't trust it as it could be selling the Halal meat on the Sunni way which is say bismilah and eat!!!

please advice and may Allah reward you..

OH DEAD PEOPLE WOULD YOU WAKE UP AND ANSWER...

NO WONDER SHIA ARE NOT UNITED AND IT IS TRUE WHEN THEY SAY SHIA ARE DIVIDED!

60 VIEWS AND NO ONE CARE TO ANSWER MY QUESTION...

YOU DO CARE ABOUT SOME GUY GOT KILLED IN TOOTING, BUT HELPING SOMEONE TRYING TO FEED HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN A HALAL MEAT IS YOUR LAST CONCERN.

NO WONDER SHIA ARE NOT UNITED AND IT IS TRUE WHEN THEY SAY SHIA ARE DIVIDED!

YOU DO CARE ABOUT SOME GUY GOT KILLED IN TOOTING, BUT HELPING SOMEONE TRYING TO FEED HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN A HALAL MEAT IS YOUR LAST CONCERN.

Calm down brother

Maybe no one knows an answer to your question?

what i know that in shia it is ok to eat from christians or jwes meat as long as they prepare it the islamic way , sunnis dont demand that condition and would eat any meat prepared by jwes or christians

hmm i know about a resturant named salam in london :lol: thats is mulla basim's resturant

well im sunni, where are you getting this opinion that sunnis take any meat from a jew or a christian and say bismillah and eat it? thats just stupid and I dont know anybody that does it, I have heard about some communities doing it but ive never actually met somebody who practises this, seems to be people looking for an easy way out.. A sunni is required to only eat halal meat slaughtered according to islamic law the same way as the shia. We can also eat Kosher (jewish meat) provided it is slaughtered by cutting the neck and a prayer being said over it (just in hebrew not arabic, its the same god after all). We are not allowed to eat the meat of christians because they stopped the traditional way of jewish slaughter in the early days of christianity. Thus, the meat should always be as prescribed in the quran. I hope this helps guys, please brothers stop talking about another schools laws if you dont know them, this happens far to much from both sides and is caused by ignorance. Its splitting the ummah and causing problems and divisions between the muslims that doesnt need to be there.

3id mubarak all, salaams and much love to all muslim brothers and sisters

well im sunni, where are you getting this opinion that sunnis take any meat from a jew or a christian and say bismillah and eat it? thats just stupid and I dont know anybody that does it, I have heard about some communities doing it but ive never actually met somebody who practises this, seems to be people looking for an easy way out.. A sunni is required to only eat halal meat slaughtered according to islamic law the same way as the shia. We can also eat Kosher (jewish meat) provided it is slaughtered by cutting the neck and a prayer being said over it (just in hebrew not arabic, its the same god after all). We are not allowed to eat the meat of christians because they stopped the traditional way of jewish slaughter in the early days of christianity. Thus, the meat should always be as prescribed in the quran. I hope this helps guys, please brothers stop talking about another schools laws if you dont know them, this happens far to much from both sides and is caused by ignorance. Its splitting the ummah and causing problems and divisions between the muslims that doesnt need to be there.

3id mubarak all, salaams and much love to all muslim brothers and sisters

sorry brother but that what we have here in saudi arabia , we have to ask each resturant about its meat as if we are not in islamic country, they import meat -non islamic- but from christian countries and sell it and many just consume it casually , true many sunnis do not eat from that meat but many just eat from it as well - even in supermarket you can see the brazilian meat ,french meat whatever meat of international corporations-

thanks for clarafication though

actually lots of countries including new zealand are slaughtering meat in a halal way these days to export to the muslim world. This has caused problems with many muslims because they think that all the meat from these countries is fine. many muslims also believe that countries such as britian are christian countries so its fine to just eat the meat. They dont realise that a. very few people are christian these days, most are athiest and b. they kill will electric shock. When I tell many arabs i meet about this they are very suprised because they just think all the european people are christians. Many of them make this mistake because of a simple lack of knowledge

Assalamualaikum all of my dear Muslims brothers & sisters. First of all, I would like to thank all of you who answered the question. However it seems we have some sort of confusion though. Its regarding God. In my opinion as well as some of us,Jew's God never as same as Muslims. Since when Jews have same God as Muslims? Even when Prophet Muhammad still alive, Jews that stay in their religion of Judaism stays as Judaists. By the way, back to slaughtering issue. I find its really disturbing to know quite a few Muslims nowadays that simply take it too easy about eating meat that slaughtered by Christians or other religions. Because as far as I know, even in al Quran, Allah told us to eat a meat that slaughtered with basmalah, which is, in the name of Allah. I hope it helps a little on the confusion. Lastly, thank you for providing info how shia did for slaughtering an animal. :)

Guest Alharon

How can you belive that the Jews worship a different God? Al-Baqarah alone makes it clear that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is the God of the Jews. It states this over and over again in many ways.

3 hours ago, Guest Alharon said:

How can you belive that the Jews worship a different God? Al-Baqarah alone makes it clear that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is the God of the Jews. It states this over and over again in many ways.

You're asking that question of someone who posted it in 2014, you won't get an answer.

Also, its common knowledge amongst Muslims that Jews & Christians believe in the same God as we do, regardless of whether Jews & Christians believe that Muslims believe in the same God as they do.

13 hours ago, Moalfas said:

I was about to answer the OP about Halal meat in London lol 

Here's the funny part...the OP is from September 6, 2009. Its over a decade old...lol.

Sometime I wonder why people post a reply to a thread that old...:confused:...I mean there's gotta be a reason, right?

2 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

Here's the funny part...the OP is from September 6, 2009. Its over a decade old...lol.

Sometime I wonder why people post a reply to a thread that old...:confused:...I mean there's gotta be a reason, right?

I figured lol 

I think they replied not noticing the OP date which was what I nearly did. 

OP's second post is absolute class though. 

2 hours ago, Moalfas said:

I think they replied not noticing the OP date which was what I nearly did.

Right, but they have to go in a search by specific terms in order to even see a topic this old.

That was my point about posting to a thread that is this old...someone had to actively search it out and then make a post to move it back up to the top of the list. Makes me wonder why...in this case it was someone commenting on the issue of Muslims believing that Jews/Christians worship the same God as Muslims. 

Curious.

Edited by Akbar673

1 hour ago, Akbar673 said:

Right, but they have to go in a search by specific terms in order to even see a topic this old.

That was my point about posting to a thread that is this old...someone had to actively search it out and then make a post to move it back up to the top of the list. Makes me wonder why...in this case it was someone commenting on the issue of Muslims believing that Jews/Christians worship the same God as Muslims. 

Curious.

It looks like 'Guest Alharon' was browsing older threads, came across somehing he/she felt strongly about so decided to respond. It's clear that he/she feels strongly about the issue through their post. 

On 9/18/2009 at 7:52 PM, scud said:

NO WONDER Shia ARE NOT UNITED AND IT IS TRUE WHEN THEY SAY Shia ARE DIVIDED!

Edited by eThErEaL

19 hours ago, Moalfas said:

It looks like 'Guest Alharon' was browsing older threads, came across somehing he/she felt strongly about so decided to respond. It's clear that he/she feels strongly about the issue through their post. 

Usually people like that are Trolls who come here for the sole reason of stirring up trouble. When they are searching for specific topics or posts like that, its a red flag in my opinion.

Lets see how/if the Guest poster ever replies.

Anyway coming back to the OP does anyone know why it is the case?

I guess may be related to the Bismillah, or the lack of preservation of the original (“Pure”) message of these other faiths?