Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam),

I seemed to have noticed that many Ithna Ashari Shias wear an Aqeeq ring. Moreover, people seem to recognize other as Shia when they see each other wearing Aqeeq rings. My dad wears one and so does my uncle, and I have started to wear one too. :D

I want to know what is the history behind wearing itm and also, if possible, the logic behind it. It;s especially common in South Asian socities.

Please do not confuse Aqeeq qith Aqeeqa! :!!!: They're totally different things. Aqeeq is a gem. When worn in a ring it looks like this:

post-57290-1252176194855.jpgpost-57290-12521762089623.jpg

And sometimes I notice Shia ladies in mosques wearing feroza too:

post-57290-12521763930727_thumb.jpg

Ofocurse wearing a Feroza or Aqeeq rign doesn't automatically make you Shia, but it seems to have become an identity of South Asian Shias. Don't know about other. :donno:

(wasalam)

Basim Ali Jafri

(bismillah)

(salam),

I seemed to have noticed that many Ithna Ashari Shias wear an Aqeeq ring. Moreover, people seem to recognize other as Shia when they see each other wearing Aqeeq rings. My dad wears one and so does my uncle, and I have started to wear one too. :D

I want to know what is the history behind wearing itm and also, if possible, the logic behind it. It;s especially common in South Asian socities.

^We have hadiths from Imams of Ahl al-Bayt (as) which shows that wearing Aqiq is mustahab.

see:

w/s

I again forgot what Aqeeq is called in English but I have a couple of aqeeq rings. A conventional red aqeeq in silver and a yellow one. I switch and wear them. I had a Durr-e-Najaf stone which I collected from the cemetery of Wadi-as-Salam in Najaf when I was in my early teens. I got the raw stone cut and polished in Iran on my way to Pakistan. It was one awesome see through stone. I lost that somewhere prolly on my trip to Syria a couple of years ago. :( - I don't like Feroza for some reason. Don't wear it.

Edited by Marbles

Bismillahi Irrahman Irrahiim

Allahumma sallialaa Muhammed wa Aali Muhammed wa azjel farazjahum

Assalamu aleikum Brothers

Does anyone know reliable netstore that sales aqeeq rings? red and turquoise specially.

thank You.

fii iman Allah.

'Also, to Open post´s question. There are many hadits that recomends to wear ring at right hand, and it is concidered to be actual part of religion to wear ring. Prophet Muhammed (SAAS) had ring in his right hand. It said. "La ilaha illa Allah, Muhammed rasul ullah."I remember hadith that says something about wearing turquoise ring at right hand, and the dua will be accepted.

Edited by Ali Askari

(bismillah)

(salam),

Please do not confuse Aqeeq qith Aqeeqa! :!!!: They're totally different things. Aqeeq is a gem. When worn in a ring it looks like this:

post-57290-1252176194855.jpgpost-57290-12521762089623.jpg

And sometimes I notice Shia ladies in mosques wearing feroza too:

post-57290-12521763930727_thumb.jpg

Ofocurse wearing a Feroza or Aqeeq rign doesn't automatically make you Shia, but it seems to have become an identity of South Asian Shias. Don't know about other. :donno:

(wasalam)

Basim Ali Jafri

I read in Tahzeeb e Ale Muhammad (phuh), don't know its authenticity that Aqeeq was the first gem to accept the oness of Allah, Hazrat Muhammad's (pbuh) prophethood and Imamate of Imam Ali.. and i read this too in the same book that imam ali (as) wore four rings one of them was of aqeeq...

(bismillah)

(salam) Brother Healer,

I found your post most illuminating and very beneficent for all of us faithful. 

Jazak Allah te'ala khayran and muchas gracias.

(wasalam) from Amina

I have  a question, My aqeeq changed it's color from red to yellow completely... someone who call himself follower of ahlulbayt(AS) told me it doesn't suit me so I should not wear it anymore..!! do we have anything on that ... any narration will be much appreciated?

I think it's called red chernobyll (not sure though)

its called agate, the red one is called carnelian.

I have  a question, My aqeeq changed it's color from red to yellow completely... someone who call himself follower of ahlulbayt(AS) told me it doesn't suit me so I should not wear it anymore..!! do we have anything on that ... any narration will be much appreciated?

well what i have observed is that agate changes color with time. Dont know its implication wrt Islamic point of view.