Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
jungaar

Shia iPhone Apps

Rate this topic

Hi, are there any Shia Iphone Apps?

thank you

Salam Wa Alaikum

I got my Itouch Jailbroken. Don't know about any Shia apps but there are good apps in General. I have IQuran Pro, IPray Pro, IDua (some duas in there are good others are Sunni lol), IAzkar, and Quranic Words(really good for learnin basic Quran meanings.

Other than that.. i've searched for Shia apps but have not found any.. Inshallah we get some Shia developers up and workin on that :)

Ramadan Mubarak

There aren't any. But I recommend iQuran, its very nice to always have handy when you're stuck somewhere unexpectedly, besides just Ramadhan.

Also, there are many podcasts, from various ulema that you can download, I downloaded a couple of Pf. Langenhausen and found them by just searching for "Shia"...

thank you

there is an app called "alQuran" which contains, beside the quran and translation, tafseer.

one of the options of tafseer is almizan

and in the sources they have:

hawzah.net

al-shia.org

almizan.org

There is recently a new app which is the Nahj ul Balagha (free!) for iPhone and iPod Touch. It's pretty good. It's a Shia developer. They don't have any apps yet, but I'm looking forward to more when they happen. Also, alQuran is quite good. I also have Quran Pro, but frankly alQuran is superior in many ways and free.

for iphone 3GS and iphone 4, "alQibla" is one of the best apps. It shows you which way qibla is, the timings for prayers, and you can set it up so it recites azaan when it is time to pray

shia developer.. just make sure you choose the correct timings under settings

DOWNLOAD IT!!!!

My link

TherE are two apps by Duas.org there in both English and Arabic , there's nahjbalagha,dua qurani, Shia tv,99 names,2500 adages, Quran study, Quran majeed light, iqraa, muharam,keys of paradise, kids dua,Quran study

thank you

I have a few, but I don't have Iphone so i am not sure if they would work on iphone. I have droid but i am sure they would work for apple products too. like everyone else, iquran is really nice. u should search for one called muslim pro. it has quran, azan timing, it uses your phone's gps, locates you and depending on ur location gives the timing for the prayers. and if you in the setting you can change the times and azaans from sunnie to shia version. then it will give shia azaan when its time to pray, and mostly the prayer times differ in the fajir time and maghrib time, but then they are important times during ramadaan. u can search for duas. it connects you to (dua.org). A really good dua site, filled with various types of duas and also some other beneficial informations. I also have hjiri date conversion, which would help me to know what is the date according to the hijri months. and there is one app called quran in english, it reads out quran sharif with english translation.