Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
bladeknight

Shia perspective of Yusuf estes and zakir naik

Rate this topic

I am a Sunni Muslim as you know, but I would like to hear your opinion on yusuf estes, dr. zakir naik and abdul raheem green. Now as a sunni muslim, these guys seem okay to me but from a shia muslim perspective what is your opinion of these scholars?

I am a Sunni Muslim as you know, but I would like to hear your opinion on yusuf estes, dr. zakir naik and abdul raheem green. Now as a sunni muslim, these guys seem okay to me but from a shia muslim perspective what is your opinion of these scholars?

Green and zakir naik lean towards the Wahabi media aparatus. Especially Zakir naik, being a very influential speaker, is being used often by Wahabi power instances in Saudi Arabia. I was responsible for the security of Yusuf Estes and Green in a country i dont want to disclose (Scandinavia), and i found Yusuf estes the "best of them", talking to him after his lectures. He didnt like words other than muslim.

Especially zakir is critisized by all shia and many sunnis for outrageous statements in support of the villain Yazid and other things. Dont be fooled by him, he has the gift of photographic memory, meaning he remembers all he reads, but it doesnt mean he understands it.

Zakir naik declared kafir:

Zakir Naiks Fraud, deception and BID'A:

Im sorry for not being able to bring more on the table regarding the others, but i havent had time to study completely all their beliefs.

Abdul Raheem Green has called Shia muslims infidel and you can find his quite illogical and biased video about Shia muslims. He says Why Allah such persons as companions of Prophet (pbuh) who were to become Munafiq or disobedient later and he called it logical (Lolz). While commenting i asked the poster of the video that ask this foolish guy that "Why Allah created Shaitan knowing that Shaitan will disobey him and if created Why his status was so raised that almighty Allah included him among the angels even then Allah knew that Shaitan will disobey Him" but i could not find out the response of my comment. :P

Check it out bro... and than tell me how "ok" he is

(salam)

Yusuf Estes is very warm hearted and is overall a nice man. He also accepts the madhab of Ja'far ibn Muhammed (as) as a legitimate Islamic one.

Green, Naik, Bilal Philips, Yasir Qahdi, etc. are all knowledgeable, but all have a history of criticizing the Shi'ah and Shi'i beliefs, especially more recently. It's hard to say someone is pious or just when they make a living off of criticizing others.

Keep in mind that none of the above are scholars. They are public speakers, and they are famous only because they are good at their jobs. Allah knows best.

Salam,

Well alot of sunni 'inviters to Islam' ARE going to say Shias are bad/infidels/innovaters and so on. We can't really reject them on this basis, especially when there are bad groups (such as the Wahabbis) spreading their propaganda about Shias to Sunnis to worsen Sunni/Shia relations.

Yusuf Estes is a very nice guy. He reaches out to many non-Muslims and is spreading basic knowledge to Muslims. If i was to criticise him, from what I've heard, he gives very inspiring talks and lectures which result in many people converting. However they convert (or revert) to Islam, without really knowing much about Islam.

Zakir Naik is helpful in the interfaith dialogue especially between Muslims and Christians. The IRF (of which Naik is president of) is quite good and they have quite a few good articles on Islam and answering FAQ and rebuttals, except they are hard to find. Naik is a bit like Deedat; he does interfaith debate.

Abdur-Raheem Green is quite knowledgeable and for this he should be commended. (For example, read http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Miracle/ijaz.html which quotes Green).

Ahmad Deedat to my knowledge visited Iran shortly after the revolution and was very nice in commending it as well as encouraging greater understanding and closeness with Shias. The fact that Zakir Naik claims to be his "successor" holds no weight with me.