Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Prince of Suburbia

Christianity is great

Rate this topic

Guest Prince of Suburbia

What makes it more nice is the statue of Jesus looking over the city. Thats what my thread is about.

you much remind me of wahabbis day after day <sorry about that and no offense

but it is said here

sunnies convert to shiasim

wahabbies convert to christianity

it is in his last days position on earth , on the cross, and that gives them the idea that he saved them from all sins

no need to be good as long as you belive , your all sins are forgived , do whatever you like

i thought you didnt like the life of westreners?

plus, that status is not essa , it is some imagination of the prophet

you much remind me of wahabbis day after day <sorry about that and no offense

but it is said here

sunnies convert to shiasim

wahabbies convert to christianity

it is in his last days position on earth , on the cross, and that gives them the idea that he saved them from all sins

no need to be good as long as you belive , your all sins are forgived , do whatever you like

i thought you didnt like the life of westreners?

plus, that status is not essa , it is some imagination of the prophet

If true Christianity were like that the world would be full of them.

God is not so desparate that he would go along with that.

If true Christianity were like that the world would be full of them.

God is not so desparate that he would go along with that.

God is never desperate , he is in no need of us to be desperate of our acts ^^

and im aware that generalizations are the worst one can do , but i was talking to prince ^^

sorry if my words seemed rude , but that what some christans explain to me - not all christians im aware of that - that Jesus saved them by forgiving all their sins no?

God is never desperate , he is in no need of us to be desperate of our acts ^^

and im aware that generalizations are the worst one can do , but i was talking to prince ^^

sorry if my words seemed rude , but that what some christans explain to me - not all christians im aware of that - that Jesus saved them by forgiving all their sins no?

Jesus forgave many sins. He told the prostatute that her sins were forgiven, but also told her to go and sin no more.

Some prefer to ignore the last part of that sentence, but it is also written, "not all that call Lord, Lord will enter into heaven.

Jesus gave a lsit of attributes that were blessed rather than a rule book. Even though the rules are implied, some tend to skip over that part.

Sorry about your Christian friends. They don't sound like they really know the truth of their own religion.

You weren't really sounding that rude, more...big sisterish.

beautiful yes, but how many people in rio de janeiro follow the teachings of jesus (as)? Its one of the most violent cities in the world, doesnt look like your safe with jesus looking over you. maybe they should move the statue to a place it would be proud over looking...

beautiful yes, but how many people in rio de janeiro follow the teachings of jesus as.gif? Its one of the most violent cities in the world,

Khandahar...

doesnt look like your safe with jesus looking over you. maybe they should move the statue to a place it would be proud over looking...

May as well leave it where it is. What would you do with a proud statue anyway?

Edited by Son of Placid

Jesus forgave many sins. He told the prostatute that her sins were forgiven, but also told her to go and sin no more.

Some prefer to ignore the last part of that sentence, but it is also written, "not all that call Lord, Lord will enter into heaven.

Jesus gave a lsit of attributes that were blessed rather than a rule book. Even though the rules are implied, some tend to skip over that part.

Sorry about your Christian friends. They don't sound like they really know the truth of their own religion.

You weren't really sounding that rude, more...big sisterish.

thanks for explaining

thanks for explaining

No problem, :)

It's not the first time I've heard Christianity explained so loosley. North America is supposed to be made up of Christian nations.

The majority is secular. The ones that claim Chritianity as you described are also secular.

As the world gets easier it gets harder and harder to live in, as a Christian, or a Muslim.

Jesus said, and probably Muhammad did too. We should be in the world, but not part of it.

It's too bad the thread about Islam and Christianity fusing got so rye, and locked. I would have liked to address it.

We all know for a fact that we will all be of one denomination when we reach Heaven.

Dare I say, Christians that don't pray 5 times a day are not very devout.

Muslims will never have to believe in a trinity. it's a 1600 year old theory that the Bible doesn't teach.

Will I ever embrace Islam as the only true religion? There are things I know to be true that Muslims don't believe, how can I?

And discussion forums (both Internet and non-Internet) should serve the purpose of obtaining information on other religions, not vilifying them.

Much of the friction in the world today can be traced to Islam having been ridiculed in the past. Ever since the Crusades, European nations have looked down upon Islam as a heretic faith. Almost eight hundred years ago, the Italian post Dante ushered both our Holy Prophet and Imam Ali into one of the worst chambers of hell, in his book "Inferno". As a matter of course, our Holy Prophet was disparagingly referred to as Mahound in the circle of European writers. And with European nations ruling the world, Islam haters could get away with their mischief, with impunity.

Finally, in the last two centuries, some change came about in the Western attitude with scholars such as Thomas Carlyle and Washington Irving.

Today, the cover of freedom of speech is still permitting many in the world to spew out their malice for Islam.

The Internet is also a haven for anyone who has gripes against Islam and for that matter against any religion. This spite does not end there and merely leads to a cycle of abuse and counter-abuse. In fact, much of the terror in the world today can be attributed to hatred for Islam in the past.

I strongly believe that 'freedom of expression' laws should be modified so that vilification of religion can be viewed as offensive. And some sort of policing should be introduced in the Internet to conform to these laws. Of course, all countries will have to accept these laws and that may be hard to achieve.

But otherwise the cycle of abuse and counter-abuse will never end.

We should allow everyone to practise and follow the religion of his choice, without let, hindrance or vilification.

Hi PeaceLoving,

A good post, you are expressing the sentiment of your name.

Quote:

Today, the cover of freedom of speech is still permitting many in the world to spew out their malice for Islam.

Today we need to honor the Lord's prayer, and especially the part that says "Forgive us our tresspasses, AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESSPASS AGAINST US."

It has to start with us forgiving others and then to show God's Love to those who would slander, --- and leave the 'account keeping' to God, does it not?

Hi PeaceLoving,

A good post, you are expressing the sentiment of your name.

Quote:

Today we need to honor the Lord's prayer, and especially the part that says "Forgive us our tresspasses, AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESSPASS AGAINST US."

It has to start with us forgiving others and then to show God's Love to those who would slander, --- and leave the 'account keeping' to God, does it not?

Here Here, i totally agree.....it's something that we need constant reminder of every second of the day....forgive us as we forgive those.........

(salam)

If the greatness of a religion is based on religious artifacts or architectures, then I encourage you to look at Islamic architectures and artifacts. You will be surprised to find that we are not far behind (in not far ahead) than you guys! :!!!:

Much of the friction in the world today can be traced to Islam having been ridiculed in the past. Ever since the Crusades, European nations have looked down upon Islam as a heretic faith. Almost eight hundred years ago, the Italian post Dante ushered both our Holy Prophet and Imam Ali into one of the worst chambers of hell, in his book "Inferno". As a matter of course, our Holy Prophet was disparagingly referred to as Mahound in the circle of European writers. And with European nations ruling the world, Islam haters could get away with their mischief, with impunity.

I guess the Muslim conquests and the Byzantine-Arab Wars in the 7th century were missing from your history class?. The Byzantines asked the Christians in the West for help in defending it against the Muslim Arab onslaught, and that is when the crusades started.

I guess the Muslim conquests and the Byzantine-Arab Wars in the 7th century were missing from your history class.

It is irrelevant what my history lessons comprised. I wasn't talking about how the Crusades started.

The Byzantines asked the Christians in the West for help in defending it against the Muslim Arab onslaught, and that is when the crusades started.

I was talking about the hate-filled attitude of Europeans towards Islam since the Crusades. Perhaps you should read my post again.

It is irrelevant what my history lessons comprised. I wasn't talking about how the Crusades started.

Of course, Christian crusades to counter the Muslim conquests was totally out of order :D

I was talking about the hate-filled attitude of Europeans towards Islam since the Crusades. Perhaps you should read my post again.

Guess we never see the opposite hate-filled attitude of some Muslims towards other religions.

Of course, Christian crusades to counter the Muslim conquests was totally out of order.

Again you are off the track. I wasn't talking about the morality or otherwise of the Crusades.

Guess we never see the opposite hate-filled attitude of some Muslims towards other religions.

I do not know about you but I do. And I have always condemned it. But it did not form part of the context of my post.

Again you are off the track. I wasn't talking about the morality or otherwise of the Crusades.

Of course :D

I do not know about you but I do. And I have always condemned it. But it did not form part of the context of my post.

From reading your posts in here, even in this thread, it is very obvious you feel no hatred toward other religions :lol:

From reading your posts in here, even in this thread, it is very obvious you feel no hatred toward other religions

Part of the reason for that is that I was raised in a very multi-religious and multi-cultural society. Anyway, thanks for your kind words. And God bless you.