Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Aabiss_Shakari

[Closed/Review]Will Christianity and Islam eventually merge

Rate this topic

Never! Not in this world nor the hereafter. For the two religions to merge both must accept the principles and teachings correct? Like yea right we gonna accept trinity and Christians will be content with praying 5 times a day, fasting and forbiding the haram.

Christianity will eventually be rejected and all it's followers will practise and preach the truth: ISLAM.

WA wr wb..

i don't think so. christians have a lot of funds. which means a lot of airtime whether on tv or radio. which can lead the naive to mass deception. i think going from trinity to monotheism may be a giant leap for majority of them. especially when many don't like to think for themselves and follow like sheep. sheep don't speak. many religions out there, even islam, people follow pastors without asking questions. this way whoever has the funds with a little knowledge shall remain in power to do whatever they please, until the time comes. iA soon.

Edited by gogiison2

John 16:7-14 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show [it] unto you."

First, we must distinguish between the legitimate teachings of Prophet Jesus (a.s.) and Christianity. Most of the true and accurate teaching of Prophet Jesus (a.s.) have been lost to history, however, the Bible contains some of his uncorrputed teachings (although almost all of his actual words have been changed, to an extent). This is not only because of intentional changes, but also unintentional ones because the first language of the earliest Biblical manuscripts of the New Testament (Konic Greek)was not spoken by Prophet Jesus (a.s.).

So those who call themselves Christians (although Jesus was not a Christian, and never told people to create a new religion in his name) and are sincerely trying to follow the teachings of the Prophet Jesus (a.s.) will all eventually return to their true nature and become Muslims (and some of them are already Muslims, but just don't know it) inshahAllah. For those who follow the religion of Christianity for other reasons (i.e., to "fit in", gain some wordly advantage, because of irrational loyalty to their ancestors, etc.), they will probably not become Muslim.

I would like christian replies to this question instead of cliched hate filled muslim responses.

which hate filled muslim responses? please explain what you mean and why?

(salam)

Calling our one God a monad now eh?

Christianity will be going down the same route it has been for the past few hundred years. It is slowly disappearing in Europe to secularism and atheism, and eventually I think most (or all) Christians will be your average liberal Christmas Christian. This is probably their best case scenario and is assuming atheism doesn't take over - Christianity is already almost there, minus your southern Baptists and smaller groups here and there, but even they have their black sheep.

Absolutely not. I'd never abandon my Christ for your prophet, my Trinity for your monad and my scriptures for you pamphlet.

When Prophet Issa (a) arrives, which faith do you really think he will espouse? The faith of the Prophets (a) or the faith of snake oil salesman?

Just follow monotheism shown by the lines of all the Prophets (a) from Adam (a) to Mohammad (s). Sounds simple enough to me.

When Prophet Issa (a) arrives, which faith do you really think he will espouse? The faith of the Prophets (a) or the faith of snake oil salesman?

Just follow monotheism shown by the lines of all the Prophets (a) from Adam (a) to Mohammad (s). Sounds simple enough to me.

When the Son of God comes in judgment against the nations, he will espouse the faith once and for all entrusted to the Saints, that was not lost and whose God is not impotent to keep his Church.

When the Son of God comes in judgment against the nations, he will espouse the faith once and for all entrusted to the Saints, that was not lost and whose God is not impotent to keep his Church.

So where does Imam Mehdi (a) play into this?

I find it strange that you should be asking a Christian to explain where Imam Mahdi fits into all this. Aren't you aware that Christians don't believe in Imam Mahdi ?

Yes, of course. I asked it to simply see if Imam Mehdi plays any role at all in the story he is describing, because not believing in him does not mean that his history or his existence has been denied.

Yes, of course. I asked it to simply see if Imam Mehdi plays any role at all in the story he is describing, because not believing in him does not mean that his history or his existence has been denied.

[edited - Blasphemy towards respected personalities of Islam on an Islamic site is a no-no. You've been banned]

Edited by SpIzo

Christianity will eventually be rejected and all it's followers will practise and preach the truth: ISLAM.

So by this you are saying Christianity is a lie?

Who are the these snake oil salesmen?

Who are the these snake oil salesmen?

Anyone who has hijacked pure monotheism with psuedo-theology and altered teachings and attempted to claim knowledge and devotion of Prophet Issa (a) when they know not. These are the people Prophet Issa (a) will turn his back from when he arrives.

The purpose of inter-faith dialogue is to create an atmosphere of congeniality, not of offence. I believe your approach is offensive. If I was a Christian, I would be extremely offended and your post would elicit a heavy counter-response.

The purpose of inter-faith dialogue is to create an atmosphere of congeniality, not of offence. I believe your approach is offensive. If I was a Christian, I would be extremely offended and your post would elicit a heavy counter-response.

Yeah, he probably knows he is quite safe though, as no doubt if a non-Muslim member tries to elicit a heavy counter response that poster will likely be banned. One has already been banned in this thread. Yet I have seen no public warning handed out to Wize Muslim.

Looking at the rules it states,

Also note that this site is open for everyone, Muslim or not. Everyone is asked to respect each other as brothers and sisters and respect each others' faith, background and origin. Any attack by anyone towards any of the faiths will not be allowed and would be served by a warning. Muslims are to act as such towards any non-Muslim guests or guests of other faiths. Those of other faiths are to respect this forum and its rules as much as they wish to be respected.

I can only guess the Mod has not seen Wize Muslim's post while handing out bans and editing other offensive posts, or else has selective vision.

I agree, i've kept quiet , attitudes such as these is what divides us and does not permit a true and respectful dialogue.....

look at wize muzlim's response. he doesn't to be a wize muslim to me.

okay, without trying to take sides on this, there may be better ways to say what he did but we must understand offensive is usually defined differently by each individual. i could say i'm offended by today's Christians saying there are 3 gods or that you can divide Allah into however many they want.

as for commenting on Maranatha's reply which got the user banned, unfortunately, i didn't get the chance to read what was written.

Edited by gogiison2

okay, without trying to take sides on this, there may be better ways to say what he did but we must understand offensive is usually defined differently by each individual. i could say i'm offended by today's Christians saying there are 3 gods or that you can divide Allah into however many they want.

as for commenting on Maranatha's reply which got the user banned, unfortunately, i didn't get the chance to read what was written.

In what way is that insulting Muslims?. It is our Christian belief, and is not mocking Islam in any way. Unlike what Wize Muslim said.

If I wrote what Wize Muslim had said, but swapped around the religions. I would expect an automatic ban. It should not matter this is a Shia forum, it states that ALL religions are to be respected.

Edited by Irishman

So by this you are saying Christianity is a lie?

You can interpret it that way, sure.

I am sorry for offending anyone you but the truth has to come out. Christianity is a false religion and once its followers use common sense they will come to Islam. They are welcome to come forward with counter-responses.

look at wize muzlim's response. he doesn't to be a wize muslim to me.

If this was an ideal world we would all get what we wanted, but it's not. I suggest you grow up and take it like a man.

Yeah, he probably knows he is quite safe though, as no doubt if a non-Muslim member tries to elicit a heavy counter response that poster will likely be banned. One has already been banned in this thread. Yet I have seen no public warning handed out to Wize Muslim.

Looking at the rules it states,

Also note that this site is open for everyone, Muslim or not. Everyone is asked to respect each other as brothers and sisters and respect each others' faith, background and origin. Any attack by anyone towards any of the faiths will not be allowed and would be served by a warning. Muslims are to act as such towards any non-Muslim guests or guests of other faiths. Those of other faiths are to respect this forum and its rules as much as they wish to be respected.

Again Irishman, same as above. Welcome to the real world. Not everyone will agree with what you have to say. I am sorry for stating the truth openly - it's too bad the Christians on SC feel disrespected and don't have it in them to prove to me Christianity is the truth?

Note: I did not attack Christianity or any other faith. I am simply stating my answer to the op - that Islam and Christianity can never merge because the fundamental doctrines are completely different. The truth is in tawhid and Muslims will never accept Jesus as God or pretend the Trinity makes sense.

I agree, i've kept quiet , attitudes such as these is what divides us and does not permit a true and respectful dialogue.....

:rolleyes:

Well, it's very common on ShiaChat for Christians to get offended and feel disrespected when they get so frustrated that more and more Christians are finding the truth: ISLAM.

If I wrote what Wize Muslim had said, but swapped around the religions. I would expect an automatic ban. It should not matter this is a Shia forum, it states that ALL religions are to be respected.

Are you seriously gonna cry about this?

Is my apology not enough or must you get me banned :lol:?

Note: It's apparent Irishman is extremely upset his Christian counterpart Marantha got banned and is taking out his anger on me in order to take a stab at the moderators.

Edited by Wize Muzlim

In what way is that insulting Muslims?. It is our Christian belief, and is not mocking Islam in any way. Unlike what Wize Muslim said.

i think it would insult anyone who knows follows a monotheistic religion. what is respect? letting others speak of what they don't know and staying quiet? like i often say, there are good ways of saying things and then there are better ways of saying it. i'm not a mod so i can't really comment on why certain individuals are banned or reprimanded and not others.

The other Christian who was banned was done so because he said something really bad and insensitive, and because he broke site rules, just like many Shias, Sunnis, atheists, etc have all been banned over the years for similar reasons.

You and I don't do anything bad so we have nothing to worry about. I have respect for good and honest Christians who are consistent in their beliefs and mean what they say. Remember, in Islam they are the people of the book, given a special status.

Are you seriously gonna cry about this?

Is my apology not enough or must you get me banned :lol:?

Note: It's apparent Irishman is extremely upset his Christian counterpart Marantha got banned and is taking out his anger on me in order to take a stab at the moderators.

You consider this an apology?.

"I am sorry for offending anyone you but the truth has to come out. Christianity is a false religion and once its followers use common sense they will come to Islam"

Anyway, I reckon your time on this forum will be short, so I wont even bother engaging in debate with your further. I doubt you have the mental ability to take part in a proper debate anyhow.

[Note from Mod: This topic has been temporarily closed for review by a moderator pending one of the following actions:

1) Cleanup: Topic will be reviewed, inappropriate posts will be deleted followed by warnings/bans being implemented and then reopened.

2) Topic will be permanently deleted or sent to the lounge.

3) Topic will remain permanently closed.

Please allow up to 48 hours for one of the above actions to take place. Contact the appropriate moderator for any further explanations

The ShiaChat.com rules can be found at: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12120] [Auto]