Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How to Tie a Turban the Shia Way?

Rate this topic

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

salam Alaikum I'm so sorry, but you're talking about something which is not allowed to be wore by common people! In Iran it's like a crime, and you're not allowed to wear it if you're not a sheikh. it

^ he has got a point though, the style you want is the hawza style of wearing it, it you want to follow the sunnah, that is not the correct way to wear it http://www.tashayyu....alat/chapter-26

(bismillah) (salam) So my white turban finally came in from Iran and it came pre-wrapped. It is the exact same style as shia clerics... So I am gonna slowly unwrap it and take pictures as i un wrap i

Posted Images

• Basic Members

i have been wrapping different types of turbans for the last 30 years, this was the hardest to figure out. the biggest clue given was on this site. i'm going to make a video and put it on youtube. i tie mine on my head. i have always been impressed by that neat spiraling and floating effect, the difference in my wrap is i don't use my MAIN tail as the " lock down flat wrap" across the front. i use the last wraps for that .

• 2 years later...
  • Basic Members
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Development Team
On 10/5/2013 at 6:38 AM, AshiqUllah said:

Are you sure? The law of Iran says we do? And last time i checked, this was higher than the Quran and sunnah of the Imams- because it is new and the latter two are old.

This comment is easily the stupidest thing I've ever read on the Internet. Nothing trumps or abrogates the Qur'an or the Imams (عليه السلام), not even the Iranian government.

Sorry for reviving a dead thread.

• Advanced Member
11 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

This comment is easily the stupidest thing I've ever read on the Internet. Nothing trumps or abrogates the Qur'an or the Imams (عليه السلام), not even the Iranian government.

I agree. I suggest he gives a source for where this comes from.

Edited by Ansur Shiat Ali
  • Moderators
12 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

He was probably being sarcastic.

• Development Team
7 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Not being disrespectful, truly, but why tie a turban when you can just put a hat on?

lt doesn't have to be a M.A.G.A. cap. :grin:

There are spiritual benefits and rewards for wearing a turban and it's a Sunnah. Not my first choice personally but it's always an option.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

it's a Sunnah.

Salam,

l did a hadith search in al-Bukhari and turban is  remembered 17 times, once as Muhammad -(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).s.  passed water over it, and the remainder are not-to-wears.