Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How to Tie a Turban the Shia Way?

Rate this topic

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

salam Alaikum I'm so sorry, but you're talking about something which is not allowed to be wore by common people! In Iran it's like a crime, and you're not allowed to wear it if you're not a sheikh. it

^ he has got a point though, the style you want is the hawza style of wearing it, it you want to follow the sunnah, that is not the correct way to wear it http://www.tashayyu....alat/chapter-26

(bismillah) (salam) So my white turban finally came in from Iran and it came pre-wrapped. It is the exact same style as shia clerics... So I am gonna slowly unwrap it and take pictures as i un wrap i

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Advanced Member

guys im seriously pissed now, I am getting a turban in the mail soon and I need a youtube video of how to get a nice shia cleric with sprial pattern in the front style turban.

For God's (aj) sake! someone make a video!!!!!

BUMPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Edited by La fata illa Ali
  • Advanced Member

salam Alaikum

I'm so sorry, but you're talking about something which is not allowed to be wore by common people!

In Iran it's like a crime, and you're not allowed to wear it if you're not a sheikh.

it;s like you're not a police officer, then you wear their cloth and walk in the streets,

so please be more careful about this issue that this is the cloth of our Ulama and it seems so odd that it be common.

Fa ta ammal...

wasalam

Guest Jebreil

(bismillah)

(salam)

I'm so sorry, but you're talking about something which is not allowed to be wore by common people!

Wasn't the turban a common headgear for centuries in the Muslim world?

so please be more careful about this issue that this is the cloth of our Ulama and it seems so odd that it be common.

There are a lot of people who are net yet `aalim who are wearing it. People who are still muballigh but not of any profound knowledge wear this turban.

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

salam Alaikum

In Iran it's like a crime, and you're not allowed to wear it if you're not a sheikh.

it;s like you're not a police officer, then you wear their cloth and walk in the streets,

Fa ta ammal...

wasalam

(wasalam)

What is the ruling on wearing an 'amaama during salaa by the people?

• Advanced Member

^ Isn't wearing the turban sunnah of the Imams . That would mean its mustahab for every shia not just the students of a seminary.

Wasalam

(bismillah)

(salam)

Wasn't the turban a common headgear for centuries in the Muslim world?

There are a lot of people who are net yet `aalim who are wearing it. People who are still muballigh but not of any profound knowledge wear this turban.

(wasalam)

1- Ammamah or turban is a mustahab piece of cloth on saying prayer ,

2-it the age of our holy prophet it was common and all men used to wear it , but today it's only for a special group of people...so it's not common to be wore in our societies. (except some villages in which men still wear something like an ammamah)

3- so if you like you can make one and using in your salah to reach the mustahab thawab, but avoid wearing in the society today and among people.

• Veteran Member

^ he has got a point though, the style you want is the hawza style of wearing it, it you want to follow the sunnah, that is not the correct way to wear it

http://www.tashayyu....alat/chapter-26

Edited by Ali_Hussain
  • Advanced Member

salam Alaikum brother

I really wondered if you got what I said or not, can you imagine why it's a crime to wear this cloth in Iran?

we're not against sunnah and mustahabbat, I'm saying Ammamah or turban , in the special way we tie today is something like a slogan, it's the sign of a special group.

If you really intent to reach the thawab and do sunnah, use the other forms of turban like what sunni people wear or Indian guys have, or you can tie in another form,

this is not my personal opinion bro, if I did not prove it by Quran or Sunnah, I proved it by logic which is one of our forth fundamental principals.

by the way pardon me if it was against your opinion.

wassalam

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

So my white turban finally came in from Iran and it came pre-wrapped.

It is the exact same style as shia clerics...

So I am gonna slowly unwrap it and take pictures as i un wrap it and reverse engineer it till i understand how it is built, then once I have taught myself how to make it I will make a youtube video describing the material (100% voile cotton) and the dimensions and how to build one.

Then your secret will be out!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :shifty:

• Advanced Member

They tie this while putting on their knee. As said hauzah turban is different from sunna turban

at the moment the turban is not right as it doesnt have tahanuk...but when i re build it, I will work in the tahanuk thereby having the handsome spiral in the front as well as tahanuk and ensure that the top of the head is covered (typically the howzah turbans dont cover the top of the head) thereby making a SUPER TURBAN!

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

So my white turban finally came in from Iran and it came pre-wrapped.

It is the exact same style as shia clerics...

So I am gonna slowly unwrap it and take pictures as i un wrap it and reverse engineer it till i understand how it is built, then once I have taught myself how to make it I will make a youtube video describing the material (100% voile cotton) and the dimensions and how to build one.

Then your secret will be out!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :shifty:

(salam)

Mashallah... finally you did what you wished...

but I suggest you not to reverse engineering it, or else you can't tie it again..

• Advanced Member

at the moment the turban is not right as it doesnt have tahanuk...but when i re build it, I will work in the tahanuk thereby having the handsome spiral in the front as well as tahanuk and ensure that the top of the head is covered (typically the howzah turbans dont cover the top of the head) thereby making a SUPER TURBAN!

Its not just tahannuk. Maybe someone can look up ahadees; we have a specific number of rounds as well to tie up

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Mashallah... finally you did what you wished...

but I suggest you not to reverse engineering it, or else you can't tie it again..

yes yes, I am going to have to be very careful. I must learn this art and so I will un tie it slowly observing exactly how it was folded and take pictures at the various steps. I know its hard but inshAllah I will figure it out.

EDIT: I just wanted to mention that I am an engineer so i know a thing or two about engineering :P

@ siraatoaliyinhaqqun:

I have not come across hadith that say the number of turns???? do u know of any?

Edited by La fata illa Ali
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Basic Members

i saw one sheikh tie his turban on his knee back in 1994 i was in Qatar, the imam was from Iran, he was with a group who were comming back from hajj. I never knew this was done on the knee. I have been impressed with this style since 1979. i use to watch Irani tv in the states. the larger turbans look better to me. I like the way the young imam asSadr wears his. i have been trying to copy that. im still looking for a video instruction. ive been wearing turbans of different styles since the early 80's.

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Does anyone know the name of the type of Imamah worn by As Syed Mahdi Al Modaressi in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHyiuNPXjx8 ?

There is no spiraling material at the front, as the bottom is covered (similar to how the upper portion of the imama is covered).

I am aware of the Qum and Najaf styles, but i think this is neither?

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Does anyone know the name of the type of Imamah worn by As Syed Mahdi Al Modaressi in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHyiuNPXjx8 ?

There is no spiraling material at the front, as the bottom is covered (similar to how the upper portion of the imama is covered).

I am aware of the Qum and Najaf styles, but i think this is neither?

*BUMP*

• Advanced Member

salam Alaikum

Fa ta ammal...

wasalam

Wearing an 'amaamah is a sunnah of the Ahl al-Bayt (as). The modern practice in the Shi’a world of it only being worn by scholars is an innovation. Wearing a fist-length beard is also a Sunnah but, again, these days they are almost exclusively worn like this by higher-ranking scholars.

Frankly, I couldn't care less what the law is in Iran, because it's not based on the practice of the A'immah (as) - quite the opposite.

Edited by Abdul Qaim
  • Advanced Member

Wearing an 'amaamah is a sunnah of the Ahl al-Bayt (as). The modern practice in the Shi’a world of it only being worn by scholars is an innovation. Wearing a fist-length beard is also a Sunnah but, again, these days they are almost exclusively worn like this by higher-ranking scholars.

Frankly, I couldn't care less what the law is in Iran, because it's not based on the practice of the A'immah (as) - quite the opposite.

salam Alaikum

Brother, turban in shia and sunni are different. if you wear Ammama in sunni type, the sunnis not only will feel bad but also would be happy because people either qualified or not can wear this. but in shia, 1- you must have the qualification to wear that 2- TODAY because of some reasons, Amama in shia style has become the special clothes of SHEIKHS and those who have studied Islamic courses.

It's like Christian priests' special clothes they wear in churches, can a Christian wear it as sunnah and walk with it in the street?!

so this is my point that if you wanna wear Ammam in Shia style, you not only must have the qualification for that. but also you can destroy the picture of real scholars who wear that Ammama.

ws

• Advanced Member

salam Alaikum

Brother, turban in shia and sunni are different. if you wear Ammama in sunni type, the sunnis not only will feel bad but also would be happy because people either qualified or not can wear this. but in shia, 1- you must have the qualification to wear that 2- TODAY because of some reasons, Amama in shia style has become the special clothes of SHEIKHS and those who have studied Islamic courses.

It's like Christian priests' special clothes they wear in churches, can a Christian wear it as sunnah and walk with it in the street?!

so this is my point that if you wanna wear Ammam in Shia style, you not only must have the qualification for that. but also you can destroy the picture of real scholars who wear that Ammama.

ws

My point is that the SHEIKHS of TODAY have appropriated the 'amaamah from the masses so that a SUNNAH is now only able to be practiced by them. For hundreds of years, Shi'ah scholars wore the same clothes as "laymen". They didn't wear a special uniform to differentiate themselves from other believers, and they certainly didn't forbid others from practicing a SUNNAH as is the case with today. The only thing that differentiated a scholar from other believers was his 'ilm - nothing else. Comparing 'ulama with Christian priests is patently ridiculous and a completely invalid comparison. For goodness sake's, we don't have a PRIESTHOOD in Islam.