Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Most Dangerous Place in America?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaamu-ya-Haq Chaar Baap-o-Jai Shri Krishnan Madad was Salaam

I am writing this queary as a sort of response. The basis behind which is that I personally have had enough negative criticisms of my country & am totally fed up with this proppaganda image sensationalising our country as a active danger zone. I for now feel like that at least once the table should be turned & the reply should come in the form of posing the queastion to the person who had the daring to say that about our country. So I ask which is the most dangerous place in America?

I actually have a valid point because ther is proof. For instance New York is also one of the worlds most dangerous & crime Infested cities. You also cant carry cash with you over ther but rather have to conduct all transactions by Credit Cards because of the real risk of getting beaten up & robbed by a bunch of theives out for money so that they can have a Drink or 2 or take a shot & go on a high on some controlled substance(Drug Abuse). I mean it is even done in schools then why not any where else? Also what about the general over all crime rate graph of the US? Which happens to be one of the worlds highest. Also dont you have crime infested localities in various places all over the country? Also where have the most daring instances of bank robberies taken place in the country? Dont say that there are none because bank robberies happen all over the world so how should one country be any different?

I would like to know also about Police Brutalities in America. Which states police has the worst record? Also on what basis do the police commit them? Like is it on an ethnic basis or done to people from certain localities or against poor migrants?

I know of an incident in which a girl was raped & she went to the police to report it, but what the police did was to put her in a lock up & commit further despicable atrocities against her thereby aggravating her suffering.

I would also like to know about police encounters and about the frequency of innocent people getting caught in the cross fire & even worse Killed?

Also how seriously do the Americans take the glorification of the culture of Drugs, Sex & Violence shown & portrayed by their media on a regular basis? People are bound to imitate what they see in front of thim in some way or another be it good or bad. So there is bound to be some sort of output as a result of an input.

So I want to know about cases of people commiting transgressive acts in a manner which is clearly under influence & inspiration from what they see around them, in their day to day lives & on Tv.

I also would like to know about the level of racial integration in American society be it b/w Colourds & White or that of Immigrants. Also have there been any untoward incidents of a serious nature which revealed the fault lines of racial relations & venting of frustrations in this regard?

Radhey Radhey

Bombay Shareef

Bombay Shareef

Bombay Shareef

Seyedna Vidhya Balan (ra)

• Advanced Member

Salaamu-ya-Haq Chaar Baap-o-Jai Shri Krishnan Madad was Salaam

I am writing this queary as a sort of response. The basis behind which is that I personally have had enough negative criticisms of my country & am totally fed up with this proppaganda image sensationalising our country as a active danger zone. I for now feel like that at least once the table should be turned & the reply should come in the form of posing the queastion to the person who had the daring to say that about our country. So I ask which is the most dangerous place in America?

I actually have a valid point because ther is proof. For instance New York is also one of the worlds most dangerous & crime Infested cities. You also cant carry cash with you over ther but rather have to conduct all transactions by Credit Cards because of the real risk of getting beaten up & robbed by a bunch of theives out for money so that they can have a Drink or 2 or take a shot & go on a high on some controlled substance(Drug Abuse). I mean it is even done in schools then why not any where else? Also what about the general over all crime rate graph of the US? Which happens to be one of the worlds highest. Also dont you have crime infested localities in various places all over the country? Also where have the most daring instances of bank robberies taken place in the country? Dont say that there are none because bank robberies happen all over the world so how should one country be any different?

I would like to know also about Police Brutalities in America. Which states police has the worst record? Also on what basis do the police commit them? Like is it on an ethnic basis or done to people from certain localities or against poor migrants?

I know of an incident in which a girl was raped & she went to the police to report it, but what the police did was to put her in a lock up & commit further despicable atrocities against her thereby aggravating her suffering.

I would also like to know about police encounters and about the frequency of innocent people getting caught in the cross fire & even worse Killed?

Also how seriously do the Americans take the glorification of the culture of Drugs, Sex & Violence shown & portrayed by their media on a regular basis? People are bound to imitate what they see in front of thim in some way or another be it good or bad. So there is bound to be some sort of output as a result of an input.

So I want to know about cases of people commiting transgressive acts in a manner which is clearly under influence & inspiration from what they see around them, in their day to day lives & on Tv.

I also would like to know about the level of racial integration in American society be it b/w Colourds & White or that of Immigrants. Also have there been any untoward incidents of a serious nature which revealed the fault lines of racial relations & venting of frustrations in this regard?

Radhey Radhey

Bombay Shareef

Bombay Shareef

Bombay Shareef

Seyedna Vidhya Balan (ra)

Wa'alaykum Salam V.B. ...dude you sound like one Adam-bezaar troubled soul ...because the above is more of a rant (comical nonetheless) than a serious desire to understand the ground realities. Let me illustrate by a parable. Bacteria is present everywhere - on a dinner plate as well as on the floor but that does not mean we eat off the floor. Same way, crime/corruption/problems exist in developed countries as well as in Pakistan but the two do not compare. There is nothing embarrassing with admitting it nor is it something to be ashamed of because no single person can take credit or blame for the overall good or bad that exists in any country. No one chooses the country of their birth. So I would advice you that instead of wasting your time trying to pull others down, try to lift yourself and your country up. Contribute with whatever skills you have for the betterment of your fellow citizens. It's not about where we start, it's how far we progress.

In case you're still wondering what the crime rate in the US is like, here is a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_cities_by_crime_rate

Ranking based on 'violent crime' [Rank|City|State|Population|ViolentCrimePer100000People]:

1 Detroit Michigan 860,971 2,289

2 St. Louis Missouri 348,197 2,198

3 Memphis Tennessee 669,264 1,951

4 Oakland California 396,541 1,918

5 Baltimore Maryland 624,237 1,631

6 Atlanta Georgia 497,290 1,624

7 Nashville Tennessee 564,169 1,509

8 Minneapolis Minnesota 371,240 1,503

9 Miami Florida 410,252 1,492

10 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 1,435,533 1,475

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_murder_rate

As of 2004, global homicide rate was 7.6 homicides per 100,000. Pakistan was 6.86/100,000 and US was 5.80/100,000.

Edited by thepeacemaker
  • Advanced Member

Entire books, research studies, and even scholarly journals have been written on your questions. You could do a phd on even just one of them, lol. I don't think any one person could thoroughly answer all of your questions. My advice is to read books about it, find research, do google searches, look on youtube for documentaries, etc. I don't think you'll find the answers in one brief paragraph response on a forum.

As for the title of your thread, the most dangerous city in the US may shift somewhat from year to year, but as the previous poster noted, it seems to be Detroit, which I've heard being mentioned as such numerous times in the media as well.

Police brutalities seem to be on the rise (Alex Jones' "Police State" on youtube might be a good place to start), and it's well known that minorities are frequently targeted more than the majority population, which we actually discussed quite often in my graduate counseling psychology courses. It's a disturbing fact that the percentage of African Americans who have been in jail or in trouble with the law is FAR higher than the White majority. It's not simply that they just engage in more criminal activity; rather, they are more often targeted - among numerous other contributing factors.

Just a small anecdotal example: I've had a few warnings here and there for speeding in the past before I was Muslim, but I was usually always able to get away without a ticket. Recently, I was with my (mutah) husband, traveling through a lower socioeconomic, largely White, town. As we passed through a traffic light, it turned yellow. A few seconds later, a cop came charging after us. My husband said he saw the cop as he went through the light (so did I), who was looking down. He glanced up at our car after we passed, and after a second took off after us. He then proceeded to gave us a ticket for running a red light! The cop was hostile and even confiscated my husband's international license, and then spent 40 minutes in his car, making us wait there. Seriously, it doesn't take that long. I was fairly irritated because I felt like he was doing everything in his power against us, AND he was giving us a ticket for something we didn't do - not to mention he didn't even SEE us go through the light. Yet, when I tried to talk to him, he completely ignored me and didn't even look at me. I was confused because this has never happened to me before. He wouldn't listen to my husband either and treated him very arrogantly, and refused to give his license back. It was then I realized that we had experienced racism firsthand. My husband is obviously Arab, and I was in hijab! I felt sick after that... and powerless. It seems that now the police have the authority to charge you for acts you didn't commit.

Another example is that after starting to wear hijab, I was given a ticket for speeding when I wasn't going that fast, and I was being passed by numerous other cars. It could just be coincidence, but after these two incidents, I've felt a bit shaken. It appears that my White privilege no longer works when I'm wearing hijab.

Anyway, like I said, I would suggest that you do some reading, look at studies, etc. to see what the scientific evidence is for the questions you've asked.

• Advanced Member

It could just be coincidence, but after these two incidents, I've felt a bit shaken. It appears that my White privilege no longer works when I'm wearing hijab.

What city was this? I have not heard of such profiling in larger cities. Of course you can always dispute the ticket in court.

Edited by thepeacemaker
  • Advanced Member

I do not know what your nation is, however you make a good point.

America is rapidly becoming ever more unsafe. It has a changing demographic that may influence the future of violent crime.

In terms of police brutality. It is a problem.

The law enforcement community, federal, state and local are all trained by the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith. Mr Abraham Foxman is the current leader of that Jewish organization.

These agents are indoctrinated with the Zionist agenda.

So a man was driving in a, for want of a better term, Republican state, and had a "Don't Tread on Me" bumpersticker, which is from an old flag, shows a coiled snake in the artwork. It was from earlier times of patriotic fervor and independence among the citizenry. He was pulled over by a State Trooper and treated as if he were a bank robber or something, something quite similar in the state of Missouri occured with a gentleman who had a RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT bumpber sticker, he too was treated as if he were a terrorist or something.

So it is not limited to color or economic circumstance, America, under Obama particularly, or should I say under Rahm Israel Emanuel, is becoming like the same ilk did in Soviet Union.

I believe in self-defense.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Robert Cottrol, an African-American professor, wrote this article in 1999, it is worth reading. A Liberal Democrat's Lament

• Advanced Member

America is rapidly becoming ever more unsafe.

Can you provide any reference for that claim? Here's one that says it's getting safer.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance.htm#serious

The law enforcement community, federal, state and local are all trained by the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith. Mr Abraham Foxman is the current leader of that Jewish organization.

To say that the law enforcement is trained by ADL is misleading. Numerous organizations including the Council for American Islamic Relations (CAIR) conduct some sensitivity classes for police and FBI to handle community specific matters. ADL also conducts some training to help tackle racism and hate crimes, which are in fact beneficial to all people. All these are simply additional classes and not part of the actual training that law enforcement receives.

Another example is that after starting to wear hijab, I was given a ticket for speeding when I wasn't going that fast, and I was being passed by numerous other cars. It could just be coincidence, but after these two incidents, I've felt a bit shaken. It appears that my White privilege no longer works when I'm wearing hijab.

This is what happens when there is the climate of "culturalization" of religion, especially Islam, where religion and religious practices are not seen as universal or human doctrine, but merely allegiance, imitation, or representation of a a particular culture or population of people. It doesn't matter what skin color one is, once they wear the hejab, they have become "Arab". I'm sure non-Arabs that hold very anti-Islamic views say the same thing.

Or how people wear hejab in the "home country", but do not feel the need to once they move to the West. A further extension of the culturalization attitude.

When "anti-Muslim" sentiment and "racism" are said with the same breath, and assumed to be the same thing, then this should indicate the climate we are in.

Edited by Mahdaviat
  • Advanced Member

So in the end it goes to proove that no place is entirely perfect or a vision of Paradise on earth & that stark realities haunt us any where regardless of place.

Oh and Sukaina I am sorry to hear about what happened with you & your Husband. Seems like the Cop was taking his liberties as well as authaurities as a member of a law enforcement agency to far, far enough into the realm of abuse of power. Lets hope something knocks some sense into that police man.

Any ways the name Richmond at least according to me sounds a bit high class & posh or some elite sanctuary If you ask me. Any ways as they say appearances can be deceiving & this time I am talking about what a name I heard sounds like.

Now I wanted to know what is the condition of Migrants from Central & South America in the US. I think so you tend to call them as Latinos or Hispanics. I want to know about their economic condition as well as integration related issues in the US. Also what reasons or factors make them to come to America? Also as a people how are they & what are their out looks like as well as their aspirations?

I am this time enquiring specifically about the Legal Migrants from Central & South America. Also how is their relation with the authaurities and at times do they of no fault of their own get into trouble with the law. Also have there been any untoward incidents involving innocent people from among the community getting picked up selectively victimised etc. Is also deliberately putting them into trouble a common thing over there. Also what greviences & frustrations do they have against the law enforce ment agencies and the authaurities as well as the general over all system do they have?

Also is there any sense of Negative feeling among members of the community like of Victimisation or Neglect or Broken Promises or that of Frustration etc?

On the positives side do they consider taking any personal initiative to correct things?

How is their economic condition as compared to others & also what chances do they have for acheiving sucessfully a high position in the society without any malpractises from their part as well as from the part of the authaurities over there.

Genrally how are they treated over there & is there any discrimination against them?

Also how are they being affected by the current economic crisis?

Also what percentage of the total immigrant population statistics & figures do their communities form?

How is community health related issues & awareness ?

Do they genrally have enough to provide for them selves & satisfy their needs & requirements?

Also what sort of cultural freedoms do they have if any?

Also how are they in Education as well as professional and other vital walks of life? In comparision to other communities?

• Advanced Member

That's actually good to hear. I'm glad I didn't follow up on the job offer I got there, then. (The pay was also too low to justify relocation.)

Everywhere I've lived has been VERY safe. I've never lived anywhere that I wouldn't feel safe walking alone at night. I recommend smaller towns for everyone. :)

Yeah! Richmond, VA shouldn't be anyone's cup of tea. That place is downright dangerous, for a city that isn't so big either.

A lot of Arabs I know living there keep telling me how much they're sick of that place. But they're stuck there, whether it's for educational purposes or financial reasons.

If you ever happen to visit Richmond some day, avoid places like the downtown or Manchester area. The downtown is almost always dead, even during morning hours. East Franklin street is extremely dangerous and don't ever think of crossing the James River (into Manchester), even if they tell you that there's a mosque over there. I've seen the funniest looking mosque in my whole life in that side of the city. Never thought I'd see the day finding a mosque that was originally a church, and still has the cross above the entrance. :lol: