Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

BUGZ BUGZ BUGZ

Rate this topic

• Site Administrators

Salam guys

A few of you may have noticed that a couple of your posts were missing. Unfortunately we lost 12 hours of posts, i.e. the last 12 hours before the forum was brought back-online. Please accept our apologies.

You may also notice many features are currently disabled. These will remain disabled for the next 24 hours until maintenance to the database has been completed.

If you come across any bugs resulting from the upgrade, please post them here and we will attempt to attend to them when possible.

Peace and blessings.

ws

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ bro you were saying something about not being to upload attachments in one of your recent posts. Is that still the case?

speaking of chatrooms, yaba what happened to my fitna fighting manliness link? hmm?

Salam guys A few of you may have noticed that a couple of your posts were missing. Unfortunately we lost 12 hours of posts, i.e. the last 12 hours before the forum was brought back-online. Please acce

Posted Images

• Site Administrators

I can't view my profile. It says that I am not permitted. :(

Preview post still not working for me.

Profiles are currently disabled, will be enabled in the coming day inshAllah.

Preview posts is a known bug in the new version, hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Will the chat room be brought back?

Yes, however not for another few days. A link will be displayed in the navigation bar once it's back up.

QUOTEs are not working for all posts on the old forum.

A cleanup script is being run, hopefully it should sort these out, though there is a chance unfortunately that the broken quotes will be permanent.

Is it me or is the site loading slower than before?

It is running slower due to the maintenance being run on the database, should be back to normal in the coming day.

• Veteran Member

wow i like this new look. BTW, i'm in bharat mata and the site is loading as fast as ever.. Pakistan still needs some catching up to do :rolleyes:

It is running slower due to the maintenance being run on the database, should be back to normal in the coming day.

It is Bharat mata placebo. Site IS running slower as the admin confirmed. :P

• Veteran Member

Could anyone please kindly esplain why I'm "not allowed to view member's profiles" (even my own) since this new format kicked in?

"Profiles are currently disabled, will be enabled in the coming day inshAllah."

• Site Administrators

I'm really disappointed in you guys.. Instead of saying thank you and a job well done to Ya Aba you comaplain? C'mon..

We get the same round of moaning and groaning every time we update the software of the forum to provide a better service to you guys.. and then after a few day you learn to love it and not be able to live without it.. until the next round of updates and the moaning starts again.

So here is my advice. Suck it up and learn to love it ;) This version provides ALOT more than what the old one could ever provide..

All bugs will be fixed by Ya Aba soon, just give him a chance.

• Site Administrators

The new topics/replies from last 3 days deleted? : @@@@@@

Yup, a lot of topics and posts are missing bro.

No they're not missing, and they haven't been deleted. All that was lost was the 12 hours from when the forum was first updated to a buggy version. Anything prior to Saturday midnight (EST) wasn't lost. The forum had been online for only 12 hours between Saturday midnight until yesterday. Where you get '3 days' from is beyond me, because the forum has been down for the past 3 days.

No they're not missing, and they haven't been deleted. All that was lost was the 12 hours from when the forum was first updated to a buggy version. Anything prior to Saturday midnight (EST) wasn't lost. The forum had been online for only 12 hours between Saturday midnight until yesterday. Where you get '3 days' from is beyond me, because the forum has been down for the past 3 days.

This was on late August 9th bro. lol i'm pretty sure cuz all my posts were deleted and my cooking topic.

And I'm sure others can confirm some of their posts from august 9th that are missing too.

Edited by Wize Muzlim
  • Advanced Member

Salam guys

A few of you may have noticed that a couple of your posts were missing. Unfortunately we lost 12 hours of posts, i.e. the last 12 hours before the forum was brought back-online. Please accept our apologies.

You may also notice many features are currently disabled. These will remain disabled for the next 24 hours until maintenance to the database has been completed.

If you come across any bugs resulting from the upgrade, please post them here and we will attempt to attend to them when possible.

Peace and blessings.

ws

salam,

congratulation...SC's new look is beautiful. someone must be working very hard.

i am facing the same problems as other friends but i am sure once you are done with all your final touches, everything will be perfect. In the end, when you are done with all this hard work, maybe you can help me learn a few things about using this service to its full capacity too. first of all i should be able to PM the Mods, which i could not do so even before. please see if you can do something about that too. i also have a question about my Email add. thank you so much for all your work. may Allah be with you always.

ws

• Veteran Member

lol

I didn't count how many hours it was down and how many hours it was up! That was basically what I meant.. (the 12 hours when the forum came back and we posted some messages)

But, anyways, I guess we don't mean to be annoying or not thankful to the people running this forum, as one of the admins complained.

We thought this particular topic been created to mention anything missing/not working so the admins can take notice and fix them. :)

thanks to all, who worked hard and upgraded the newer version. :D

• Site Administrators

These features were disabled (for performance reasons) till the clean-up script has finished running (it's been running for almost 30 hours now, it has to get through 1.7 million posts, and is scheduled to finish soon)

* Enabled setting: live_search_disable

* Enabled setting: no_au_forum

* Enabled setting: no_au_topic

* Enabled setting: disable_summary

* Disabled setting: custom_profile_topic

* Disabled setting: show_user_posted

* Disabled setting: show_active

* Disabled setting: allow_search

* Disabled setting: topic_marking_enable

* Disabled group setting 'g_mem_info' for all groups

* Disabled group setting 'g_can_add_friends' for all groups

* Disabled group setting 'g_email_friend' for all groups

* Disabled private conversations

* Disabled online list

* Disabled calendar

* Disabled hooks

• Advanced Member

Bro, it's beacuse of this awful new format they've created. They've lost profiles, etc.

for some reason since i have logged back into Shia Chat i can not view my own Profile and those of others could someone explain why this is happing and how ths problem can be fixed