Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Which girl would make a better wife?

Rate this topic

NajafIran

• Basic Members

Hypothetically, if there were two wonderful girls, which would do you think would make a better wife?

(A) Great girl and wants to learn more about Islam to the point of going to Qum for it. Beautiful and nice. Only problem is that she claims to want to get closer to Allah (SAW), yet she doesn't seem to want to put what she learns into action. Her clothes are as tight and flashy as ever, even though she wears hijab and covers everything. I think she spends a lot of money on her clothes. When she learns that an action isn't highly recommended in Islam, if she wants to do it, she will continue to do it, as long as it's not haraam. Another example is that she has had a boyfriend before, a long time ago, even though she wore hijab and knew it was wrong. I am not concerned about her having a past but what it represents. Really seems to have a personality.

(B) Also a great girl. Wants to learn more about Islam, but doesn't have any plans to go to Qum, although she would be willing to go and support her husband if he wanted to study there. Is also beautiful, but maybe a little less physically attractive than (A), and nice. Yet she seems to put what she learns into action. Her clothes are more modest than (A)'s. If possible, she does try to avoid makrooh actions. Has had no boyfriend in the past. Seems to have slightly less of a personality.

(A) or (B)?

• Advanced Member

Definately B. Always pick your girl by the faith in her religion (Islaam), because it is indeed a perfect religion, if she was ever to do anything that would greatly wrong you, you can bring her back to the 'right path' by showing her examples from Islaamic History or picking out advice from the Qu'ran. And if she really does understand marriage like the Prophets & the Ahlul Bayt presented it, then definately B..

• Veteran Member

The best wife is the one who holds her husband in the highest possible regard, even higher than her father, mother, brothers or sisters. If that quality is not present then you have only bought a great ordeal for your life. If you find that quality then it is priceless and it outwieghs any and all other qualities in a woman.

• Advanced Member

it all depends on you and the traits you love in your future wife ...

my biased feedback is the first one might be changed with time because whoever interested in taking further studies in religion will get affected by the surrounded people and will change lots of previous questionable traits ... but the idea that she had a boy friend will iritate you (hypothetically) forever

the second one is modest, and what if she doesnt wanna pursue further studies in Qum still not affecting her decency ... less physical attractivitng! maybe you didnt see much as you said she is dressing herself in much more modest clothes than the first one.

I know that most of us gone with B but it is totally up to you (hypothetically) .. what you like and dont like really matter

• Advanced Member
The best wife is the one who holds her husband in the highest possible regard, even higher than her father, mother, brothers or sisters. If that quality is not present then you have only bought a great ordeal for your life. If you find that quality then it is priceless and it outwieghs any and all other qualities in a woman.

I absolutely disagree. Parents should always, always come first. Noone-neither the king of pluto, nor the husband should be placed above parents.

Yeah-I'm preparing. Hear it's a nasty place. Any advice from you O wise one-before I set on a quest?

Yes, always carry an extra pack of Extra Mint gum. Almost 30% of human beings in this world suffer from halitosis (bad breath) on a regular basis.

Edited by Wize Muzlim

• Advanced Member
I absolutely disagree. Parents should always, always come first. Noone-neither the king of pluto, nor the husband should be placed above parents.

In Islamic fiqh, the wife answers to her husband before anyone else. Once she is married, the parents have no rights over her over the husband.

• Advanced Member
In two regards yeah-sex...and I forgot the other one. That has nothing to do with whom should be placed in the highest regard.

(bismillah)

No, not just those, in all regards. Ask any alim you know. If your parents tell you something, and your husband tells you something else, your legal obligation, Islamically, is to your husband first. Before marriage, she is the sole responsibility of her parents, but once she is married, the husband takes over all responsibilities. The parents no longer have any legal right over her above her husband.

• Advanced Member

( A ) would make a better wife.

According to Imam Ali (as) in Nahj ul-Balaghah, as well as the hadiths of al Kafi, the people are divided into 3 types: those with knowledge, those who seek knowledge, and those who are ignorant and do not seek knowledge. ( A ) is unusual as she is willing to travel abroad in pursuit of knowledge. 'Aql and 'ilm go together and are dependent on each other. 1) the sleeping of a person of knowledge is better than the praying of an ignorant. 2) intellect and knowledge accompany goodness. Therefore ( A )is worth more than ( B ).

Edited by Researcher

• Advanced Member

I understand your concerns, but the pursuit of knowledge or just a genuine thirst for knowledge is not something someone can make a pretense/show about as easily as things that may be an indicator of piety but may just as easily be an indicator of deeply entrenched (good) habits. ( B ) may not care about Islam at all, and may just be keeping up the habit of a lifetime with her outward observances. On the other hand her piety may be genuine but she will be unable to transmit it to others such as her children, due to the limits of her interest level. For all anyone knows, she may just be a 'cultural Muslim'. If you marry ( A ) your children are more likely to be intelligent and knowledgable about Islam, and this means good Muslim kids. Whereas ( B )'s kids may not have their curiosity satisfied and ultimately rebel against Islam due to their lack of background (education begins at home).

Edited by Researcher

• Veteran Member

What in the dambullah are you talking about, If I was a fly hijabi, Id never put no man above the man who attended every practice, bought me cricket bats and would have paid for all my university tuition if he wasn't so broke and I didn't keep repeating courses. Fly wifeys would obviously focus on their husbands, but you cannot neglect your parents. Dambullah king shakstari